Thrall Thread : Living with the dead

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Golgo_SPB

So far Stalleo has used Firebolt, Fireball, a Ward, a flesh spell, and Lightning Bolt. He's not that bad, he doesn't feel as durable as Haldyn though... I took them both to Nchuand-Zel and Haldyn didn't die once except for when I had to make him a pack mule to carry stuff but I don't count that. Stalleo died maybe like 2 or 3 times, but I thought he did well for someone with no staffs or shield especially against a horde of falmer shadowmasters. Having Haldyn with him made it easier for Stalleo though they were both chucking lightning bolts and chain lightning (Haldyn) like no tomorrow. Also Stalleo has the Destruction Dual Casting perk, but he rarely uses it.

He's similar to Hamelyn being a bandit wizard type, but Hamelyn had an extra armor piece. Hamelyn had 3 light armor pieces and Stalleo has 2 (fur armor and fur shoes). Hamelyn doesn't have that annoying male nord moan like Stalleo either. Although it took me putting Hamelyn through alot of different situations to see what spells he has, maybe Stalleo might be hiding some.

Update: Stalleo recently used Ice Spike and Fast Healing, so he is basically Hamelyn but with one less armor piece and not being a breton.

Adam Warlock

^ thanks for the tip on Stalleo.
Now that I have him as well , he appears to be the male counterpart to Anska since both are Nord Bandit Wizards who have their own mini-quests.
They also are alike in casting multiple spells and wearing 2 pieces of light armor.
I`m guessing he`s a level 25 since that`s what she is.

btw since he`s a radiant NPC , he may respawn different armor for you.
On my 1st try , he produced Scaled Boots rather than the fur shoes he was originally wearing.
He might respawn scaled or leather armor. we`ll see.
Anska apparently tops out with fur armor but she did produce Leather Boots for me

Adam Warlock

^ thanks also for the tip about how to keep Haldyn.
He`s great !
A level 40 mage with 3 pieces of steel plate armor to which you can add health , stamina, magicka , and resist fire/frost.

He`s in a small class of elite thralls like Orchendor imho

Did you also know that if you have the Illusion perk Master of the Mind that you can cast the Call to Arms spell on your thralls as well as a regular follower or allies?
for thralls , this will increase their 1h , 2h , archery, health , and stamina by 25 points for 10 minutes.
spell is 25% more powerful with Necromage perk
another 25% if you`re a vampire
and if you drink some Elixir of Illusion before casting you will get a 100% boost

Golgo_SPB

think you got mixed up Mr. Warlock, redguard's don't have magic resist.

Haldyn is a redguard storm mage from Japhet's Folly in the Rise in the East quest. He is clad in steel plate, mine only had 2 pieces.

Then the named bandit wizard type Hamelyn (boy are haldyn and hamelyn's names similar) is the breton skeever king under the honningbrew basement.

But yes Stalleo and Anska are basically counterparts from each other, although I didn't thrall Anska yet, both nords and the same class bandit wizard. I think they are the same levels and have the same stats... and their quests are fairly similar although Anska's sounding a little bit more difficult. Stalleo's minor quest was suppose to give you the defunct spell Spectral Arrow but bathesda changed it to Detect Life, Anska gave the flaming familiar spell.

Basically the named bandit wizard types:

Hamelyn
Stalleo
Anska

Haldyn's class is different I believe, being a elemental mage. Doesn't make much difference though. Haldyn is much higher level, has steel plate, and is a storm mage (not many creatures can resist is spells). So he is a noteworthy thrall in my opinion, he's no Orchendor but at least he won't spam frostbite all the time lol.

I also read up on the illusion stuff, haven't tested it myself. I will probably make some other character in the future that concentrates on thralls and followers using the illusion method.

Adam Warlock

^sorry about the redguard mistake . u r correct.
My Haldyn has some gauntlets and I bet u can spawn some for yours

Golgo_SPB

damn! sadly I retired my Haldyn, wanted to save him for when I got my enchanting where I wanted it but changed my mind. Finished the quest that he is tied to and will see if he disappears.

Oh and I didn't notice your question about Haldyn in the other page sorry lol. I just didn't get my pay from that dude and left.

EDIT: I meant Haldyn, I'm starting to get their names mixed up now too haha.

I just thralled Anska and she is basically female Stalleo. I say she's better since her moan isn't as annoying as Stalleo's and she's better to look at.

I found that Haldyn has disappeared from my Abandoned Shack after a day or two of finishing the Rise in the East quest. Not sure if he stays where he is if I didn't finish the quest, I just notice that some quest related NPCs tend to vanish when the quest is done.

One minor note Ardwen's dog was killed by random NPC when I fast travel, guess I didn't notce his body when I fought the NPC and stealth killed Ardwen after. So Ardwen and the Dog corpse are still where they are... I swear in another character file I killed Ardwen and she respawned at some point later in my game, but in this file her corpse seems like it's in the perma state. So odd...

Hajvaar and Ulfr the Blind are still where I left them as well even though I know they respawn and these versions I have I know are the second incarnations of them. Although I did find Ulfr dead when the place respawned.

Another minor note "The Assassin of Old" the DB Assassin that has the ancient shrouded armor disappeared from Lund's Hut. Despite being a corpse that only appears during this minor quest he disappeared.

Adam Warlock

Stalleo has disappeared on me , but Haldyn is still there for now.
Also found that Stig salt_plank and his crew were still in the Inn at Dawnstar.
Incredibly weak bunch. each died with one hit .

Adam Warlock

If I were to start a new character for the quests I haven`t done yet , should I do Thieves Guild 1st or the DB ?

DB

Adam Warlock

damn! sadly I retired my Haldyn, wanted to save him for when I got my enchanting where I wanted it but changed my mind. Finished the quest that he is tied to and will see if he disappears.

Oh and I didn't notice your question about Haldyn in the other page sorry lol. I just didn't get my pay from that dude and left.

EDIT: I meant Haldyn, I'm starting to get their names mixed up now too haha.

I just thralled Anska and she is basically female Stalleo. I say she's better since her moan isn't as annoying as Stalleo's and she's better to look at.

I found that Haldyn has disappeared from my Abandoned Shack after a day or two of finishing the Rise in the East quest. Not sure if he stays where he is if I didn't finish the quest, I just notice that some quest related NPCs tend to vanish when the quest is done.

One minor note Ardwen's dog was killed by random NPC when I fast travel, guess I didn't notce his body when I fought the NPC and stealth killed Ardwen after. So Ardwen and the Dog corpse are still where they are... I swear in another character file I killed Ardwen and she respawned at some point later in my game, but in this file her corpse seems like it's in the perma state. So odd...

Hajvaar and Ulfr the Blind are still where I left them as well even though I know they respawn and these versions I have I know are the second incarnations of them. Although I did find Ulfr dead when the place respawned.

Another minor note "The Assassin of Old" the DB Assassin that has the ancient shrouded armor disappeared from Lund's Hut. Despite being a corpse that only appears during this minor quest he disappeared.
And I will probably not finish Rise in the East until just before my character`s retirement party.
If Haldyn sticks around , he`s well worth 1500 gold to me since I have over 800,000 in my pocket.

Adam Warlock

Here`s how I rank my current perma-thralls(?) :

Listing is based on personal preference formed by a number of factors and not just how powerful they are

Orchendor
Umana
Haldyn
Rigel Strong-Arm
Sulla Trebatius
Anska
Kornalus
Silus Vesuius
Dro`marash
Arondil
Velekh Sain
Hewnon Black-Skeever
Drahff
Anise

Elenwen and Deeja not listed since they have disappeared

Adam Warlock

^ I`ll miss Deeja because she was my only Argonian.
As for Elenwen it`s , " Good Riddance , you murdering bitch !"

Golgo_SPB

Hmmm I would make a perma thrall tier list, but some I'm not sure if they're perma or not...

So far ones you didn't list that are perma for me are Hajvarr Iron-Hand, Ulfr the Blind, Alain Dufont, Wyndelius Gatharian (he's another bandit wizard type I forgot to mention he has the ghost form, doesn't moan, a dark elf, has two pieces of light armor, and is a perma), Sild the Warlock, and Ardwen.

Lurbuk lasted for a while but randomly dissapeared.

So I went to Mistwatch and Dead Thrall wouldn't work on Bandit Leader, she was too powerful. I did kill Christer and thrall him, super weak naturally... wasn't expecting too much of him.

I placed all the Mistwatch Bandits in one area, the area I found Christer at. Lets see if any of them will vanish!

Went to get Kornalus, I might as well get him was my thinking. I also killed the Adventurer that was in the dungeon too. Kornalus seems like the standard storm mage like Haldyn but with lesser gear. The Adventurer is an imperial or a breton I'm not too sure, his long hair is covering his ears, but he has mismatched gear... leather armor, iron gauntlets and boots. I took both Kornalus and Adventurer to Uttering Hills Cave to kill the bandit leader, the both did great and the Adventurer actually beheaded a bandit marauder! It was with a Dwarven Great Sword I gave him, I just found it laying around in the dungeon that I found Kornalus at... wonder how well the Adventurer will do with a Daedric Warhammer...

Rakmon

My current Conjuration level's 86, almost there. :D Any idea on how you'd rank the repsawning, non-permanent Thralls you can always get at camps (I.E. Forsworn Ravagers, Bandits, Volkihars, Northwatch Keep Thalmor, etc.)?

Adam Warlock

My current Conjuration level's 86, almost there. :D Any idea on how you'd rank the repsawning, non-permanent Thralls you can always get at camps (I.E. Forsworn Ravagers, Bandits, Volkihars, Northwatch Keep Thalmor, etc.)?
The best choice for heavily armored tanks are the Bandit Chiefs . Most will provide a full set of Steel Plate armor which can easily reach the armor cap depending on your smithing skills/fortify smithing potions.
Bandit Chiefs are also skilled with a bow but will use destruction Magic Staffs if you want Magic from range.
The full armor set also alllows adding some beneficial enchantments(same ones that work for followers).
I like the Nord and Orc varieties the best.

Forsworn Ravagers are also a good Melee choice . Full set of light armor that requires no smithing perk to improve. Unlike all other thralls , they will use ANY Forsworn armor even if it`s not the set they died in.
They will dual-wield forsworn swords and can be quite devastating if their weapons have absorb health and/or absorb stamina.
Some Ravagers are Frost Mages . Not specifially identified but you will see when you fight them that they use destruction spells , cloaks , and may summon an Atronach.

Thalmor Guards/Archers from Northwatch in full sets of Elven/Glass armor can be very useful . Scaling up to level 36 , they have good stats and can fill same slot as a Bandit Chief depending on your needs. Downside is that Altmer moans are HORRID , even worse than the Orcs !

Best pure Mage choices are Pyromancers , Cryomancers , and Electromancers depending on the Magic attack you want.
A Master Conjurer/Necromancer fits in here , but as a Thrall they will operate as a Frost/Shock mage and won`t raise bodies unless you give them a Staff for it.

Finally , there are the Vampires.
In ascending order , the best ones are Mistwalkers , Ancient Vampires , Master Vampires(with Necromage perk) , and Volkihar Vampires(perk).
They may have robes when you see them but can spawn Elven/Orcish/Glass armor and boots depending on your level.
Very powerful with buffed health and built in Life Drain spell that heals them as it weakens their foe.
Also will use shock or frost spells and are decent in melee when thing get up close and personal. I have seen thralled Vampires use Revenant spell to raise bodies but not often.

Remember that in a patched game , you can`t leave the cell where your deactivated thrall of these types is located and expect to see them when you get back. In my experience since patching(xbox) , some thralled bodies that have vanished may reappear hostile sometime later after you fast travel somewhere.
Be on your toes !

Adam Warlock

^ imho a Volkihar Vampire in Orcish wielding 2 Staffs of Fireballs and a 1h weapon of choice with a forsworn sword(no shield!) to force occasional dual-wielding is the ultimate temp thrall. Dual-wielding isn`t used all the time as their typical battle tactic is to attack from range until their Magicka is low , then charge the enemy with Life Drain from left hand and weapon in right.
If they were trustworthy , I`d give the Staff of Magnus to one and I don`t think any single foe other than the Dragonborn could beat them

Rakmon

I see, thanks for the info.
As I was walking down the road to Whiterun, I was attacked by some dude wearing a mix of several different armors, called a Scavenger. He oneshotted me with a Iron battleaxe when I had 160 health. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to kill him, nor did I have Dead Thrall, so I was unable to test him out with me. :/ Stupid family, making me buy Skyrim on Xbox and not letting me get it on PC like I was going to, I could've spawned him later and tested him.

Adam Warlock

^ The random Thugs , Thiefs , Assassins , etc you meet out on the roads scale past level 40 as you do and will become too powerful to thrall after that.

Golgo_SPB

So I had a little time to kill so I decided to check out Bthardamz to see if the place really doesn't reset. When I got there there was a Afflicted outside, he was a archer type wearing light armor, killed him fairly easily and thralled him. Then I took the elevator to where I fought Orchendor many moons ago and guess who I found? The heavy armor warrior type Afflicted that got me through the dungeon back when I had The Champ, I was quite surprised... through the whole dungeon I got him to wear Dwarven armor and elven boots, gauntlets, and helm. Sadly I stripped all of that off of him when I got Orchendor long ago,

I thralled the heavy warrior type and got his original armor to reset by going to the different zones available in the dungeon. It was Steel armor, imperial light boots, and a leather helmet. Anyways I make my way through the dungeon and I find one more Afflicted alive, she was a light armor warrior type, I killed her then found a naked dead afflicted that I looted long ago....

Long story short I found two more afflicted bodies I left long ago. So in total I found four dead Afflicted I killed eons ago and found two living one outside and one inside. One heavy armor warrior, one light armor warrior, one light armor archer, and 3 mages. I'm currently trying to gather them up into one spot and see if they disappear, I chose Orchendor's zone because of easy access with the elevator. I hope most of em stay!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts