Thrall Thread : Living with the dead

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Adam Warlock

Anska , the Nord mage from High Gate Ruins makes a good Dead Thrall.
Level 25 with over 400 base health , she casts all three types of spells and isn`t afraid to use a sword when needed.
2 pieces of armor will accept tempering/beneficial enchants and she has no default bow.
Her moan is one of the tolerable ones and she will leap from heights that other DT`s won`t.
I gave her a sword and shield for melee but she will dual wield with forsworn weapons.
Like most mages , she will consume Magicka+ potions to keep casting spells if you provide them.
She was reluctant to use summoning staffs but did wield a Frost Atronach staff when confronted by 2 giants

Golgo_SPB

Well Paratus finally summoned a frost atronach instead of a flame one, and what against? a damn mudcrab lol. That's the only time he's summoned a frost atronach sadly.

Captain Valmir is still fairly weak haven't found anything too unique about him other than his weapon and spell approach, he does great with staffs though... he dual wields them like mad. He even pissed off my stray dog that I found with his constant staff firing.

So we just did some random quests and ran around with each other until I went to Riften and my stray dog disappeared! oh well his constant barking annoyed me anyway. Then I went around Snow Veil Sanctum and ran into a frost troll, a Arch Conjurer, and 3 bandits. So during this fight my Shadowmere decided to flop over and die, I was like WTF! But I didn't care too much and decided not to reload... I didn't use shadowmere too much other than as a distraction for enemies.

I did the Rise in the East quest, I retired Paratus and Captain Valmir before hand. I go in Japhet's Folly thrall me a Blood Horker clad in a full set of heavy armor and proceed to through the dungeon, once we got to Haldyn my Blood Horker that I know was at full health got killed with one blast from Haldyn. It was so weird, it looked like a lighting bolt but maybe it was a thunderbolt... I'm not sure. Anyways I sneaked attacked Haldyn and power attacked him till he died in a corner then I thralled him.

It took maybe like one or two reloads to get to the ship with Haldyn and my Blood Horker since they kept getting hit with fire blasts causing them disappear and reappear in the spots they got hit at. I finally did get them to the ship and once we got back to windhelm both of them were gone so I fast traveled to one of the farms near by and bam both of them were next to me! I was worried that they couldn't leave the island.

For insurance purposes I didn't complete the quest, since sometimes some NPCs related to a quest will disappear once you finish the quest. I decied to test them out, I gave a daedric mace, bow, and shield to my Blood Horker then I left Haldyn the way he is just because I wanted to see if he had any different spells. All I've seen him use is a shock cloak, lighting bolt (or it can be any of the other shock spells that sound and look exactly like it), and a flesh spell.

First I went to the Sleeping Tree Camp and made them fight a Giant, it actually only took like 7 secs maybe and he was already down. I was like WTF?! My blood Horker only shot maybe one arrow and Haldyn maybe like one or two spells. This happened with the two mammoths there too, it just took a short time... I really wish for the shock spells some will have different colors so I know which ones are which when a follower/thrall uses one. So I'm not sure if Haldyn has a really beefy spell or it's just some random glitch.

When I went to two other giant camps the giants lasted way longer, Haldyn's lighting bolts were doing their normal damage and the Blood Horker dies because he loves blocking till he dies. So I was very confused...

On a side note, Lurbuk disappeared from the Worker House. He stayed there for eons so I was like huh? Maybe his body only lasts for a certain time.

Golgo_SPB

So I checked out Drelas' Cottage and Paratus disappeared, the Nilheim bandits and Silus are still there as expected. I haven't checked if Captain Valmir is gone yet.

So just some minor updates on Haldyn:
He will use staffs and even dual wield them, he even used my staff of paralysis. He went total beast mode on these group of bandits.

He will use a shield and one-handed weapon. For some reason having a one-handed weapon in his inventory will make him pull it out even if there's no hostile NPCs around. He even power attacks and shield bashes despite not having too much stamina because he's a mage type. When he is weapon less and up close to an enemy he will use his fists.

I've yet to figure out what shock spells he has, I'm pretty sure he has lighting bolt, chain lightning, and shock cloak. I feel like he might have one more but I'm just not sure. He also has a flesh spell, fast healing, and a ward. Seems like the typical storm mage.

Both his armor pieces are steel plate and unenchanted, sadly he doesn't have steel plate gauntlets or helm.

He is fairly strong without adding to him and he is great when equipped correctly. Give him a shield, dagger, and the right staffs and he'll go to town. I'd probably put him under my list of notable thralls.

Adam Warlock

^ So you gave up some coin and what`s-her-name as a follower to get a prime thrall.
Sounds like a good deal to me.
What stage of the quest did you stop at in order to keep him ?
Did you ride the boat back from Japhet`s Folly ?

Adam Warlock

I`m giving all my thralls some Fireballs staffs for fighting the vamps in Dawnguard`s quests !
Burn , Baby , Burn !

So, i'm a 'prentice dark elf conjurer. Any tips? Lvl 7 as of now.

Golgo_SPB

So, i'm a 'prentice dark elf conjurer. Any tips? Lvl 7 as of now.
are you planning to use Dead Thrall? If so I'd raise one of your offensive skills with conjuration and do what you like once you get conjuration to 100. I only took the zombie path and not the atronach path.

Adam Warlock

don't forget to wield your dawnbreaker!
You bet I`m using Dawnbreaker !
But in the left hand !
In the right , I`ll have the Mace of Molag Bal to fill the stash of Black Soul gems I`ve got set aside for the festivities.
Dual-wielding mayhem at it`s finest !
Bring it on , Snow Prince !

Golgo_SPB

hmmm makes me want to make two dual wielding thralls, one with the mace and one with dawnbreaker. the one with the mace can farm souls for me!

although I wonder if the dawnbreaker explosion effect might affect my thralls...

Adam Warlock

I found the body of a Treasure Hunter just east of Anise`s Cabin.
This Orc had a note about an enchanted weapon in Shriekwind Bastion.
He was a bitch as a Dead Thrall , always croaking again when you fast traveled or went through doors.
I took him to the Bastion and the 1st villian we fought was an Ancient Vampire who killed him quickly.

So I dumped the Orc and Thralled the vamp.

There is a pathing problem for thralls in Shriekwind and they won`t go all the way through the place from the northern entrance. There`s a hallway area where they simply turn around and go the other way as if they are looking for you.
I had to take the Vamp out the way I came in and go to the South entrance in order to get to the treasure which was guarded by a Volkihar Master who gave a great fight.

Took the Ancient Vampire to Dushnikh Yal to store in the courtyard with some other bodies when a Dragon attacked the stronghold ! Dumb move .

Using the Ritual Stone power , I raised a Bandit(from Nilheim) , Fastred , an Adventurer , Narri , a Pyromancer , and a Mistwatch Bandit to help the vamp fight the beast !

After the smoke had cleared and they died again , I checked their inventory.

All of them but Fastred and the Pyromancer had looted my storage End Table there for Magic Staffs !
Most had multiple copies and even Narri had 4 different ones.
Be warned of your thieving thralls !

Adam Warlock

This has to have been one of my best Skyrim weeks ever.

Patch 1.6 fixed my bugged Dragonreach and I was finally able to hold a peace conference for the Civil War.

The ultimately hated Elenwen was there and Ulfric wanted to boot her out but I let her stay so I could look at her and contemplate my revenge.
Then I continued to finish the main quest without a glitch or freeze ! What an exciting ride !

Sovngarde was a truly unique experience and the sky there is like from an opium dream.
I didn`t neglect to snatch the Roast Ox Head from the banquet table in the Hall of Valor while I met all the heroes there.

After returning , I realized that along the journey I had also collected the 8th Dragon Priest Mask I needed to unlock Konahrik ! Sweet .

Donning my new Mask , I mounted my horse and headed for the Thalmor Embassy.
Battling the Thalmor Guards and Wizards in the courtyard was epic and included 2 electrifying decapitations with my Elven Sword of Lightning.
I then used the horse to jump the interior fence and gain admission to the inside of the Embassy.

When I found Elenwen , I attacked her with a paralyzing dagger coated with a potent lingering poison.
As she lay there with her life slowly ebbing away , I stood over her and gloated while I changed my bracers for Daedric Gauntlets(Fists of Steel perk). Also had Fortified Unarmed enchants on gauntlets and ring.

Taunting her one final time as she began to stand up , I attacked her with my fists !

Talos rewarded me with an outstanding kill animation where I held Elenwen by her hood and punched her face into the back of her skull ! BAM ! BAM ! BAM !

Then I thralled her.
Now she`s mine !

I`m planning a big celebratory feast with Roast Ox Head and a keg of Honningbrew !

Adam Warlock

oh man, i didn't know you could kill her! you just have to get yourself into the embassy?
Yep , I think she may have lost her essential status after Season Unending was over , but definitely so after the main quest.

Adam Warlock

As a Dead Thrall , Elenwen is similar to Silus Vesuius .
Level 30 squishy Destruction mage who has the benefit of wearing gloves to which you can add some Magicka.
Her combat AI is not as good as his however .
Easy to tell she was never scripted for a fight like he was since her #2 and #3 skills are Illusion and Heavy Armor which aren`t used.
The trait that benefits her the most is that she DOESN`T MOAN !

Golgo_SPB

Elenwen was one on my planned to thrall list, what spells does she have?

In other news, lots of odd things been happening to me in game. *potential spoilers* I finished the College of Winterhold questline and during the battle to defend it from those floaty ball things Arniel zombiefied my Asta that I had laying around winterhold and after the battle she turned to dust of course... many in game days later she appeared where she turned to dust with her dagger at the ready non hostile telling me she doesn't want to get hurt again lol. *end spoler*

I also thralled a female forsworn ravager for fun suited her up and gave her daedric weapons, every once in a while she would glow green when I took her to a different zone. Just thought I'd mention this odd occurence.

Haldyn still has his weapons or fist at the ready no matter where I go, think it might be the weapons and/or shield in his inventory. Most likely the shield. He also doesn't tend to aim correctly, but that could just be his battle AI.

I recently thralled Stalleo, he's a nord bandit wizard type in light armor. He wanted me to infiltrate Treva's Watch. Once I finished his minor quest I promptly murdered him and his two body guards named "Stalleo's Body Guards". I got no bounty and it took the usual four hits for each of them to turn hostile, even as I was killing Stalleo his bodyguards didn't do anything (some guards, hmph). I only thralled Stalleo and haven't tested him yet... one body guard was a heavy armor sword shield type and the other a light armor archer type I believe.

Adam Warlock

Elenwen casts shock and frost so far.
Looked like Chain Lightning and Ice Storm to me.
She quickly got cornered by a Giant and his club took her out with one blow.

Then I took her to a Vampire den and she was quickly defeated there as well although she did zap some skeletons.
A little less than 300 base health and no way to add any except with potions (which she did use in losing to a Volkihar Vampire)

btw I took that Volkihar(Orcish armor/boots) out for a drive , and she killed TWO giants !
Hard to beat 800+health and Life Drain+Destruction.
Too bad the vamps won`t stick around if you leave them

Golgo_SPB

Well at least she has spell variety, guess her defense is the problem. Maybe a shield and staff of paralysis will help her out... but of course you can always use a volkihar lol

Adam Warlock

My plans for Elenwen are basically to use her for comic relief.
I`ll probably pair her up with my other weak but silent thrall, Velekh Sain , and use them against lesser foes like Bandits , Spiders , Spriggans , and Bears.
At my current level the Forsworn , Falmer , and Dragr are way too powerful for most thralls level 30 and under unless there`s some equalizers added like the Paralysis Staff , etc.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts