Thrall Thread : Living with the dead

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Adam Warlock

Tragedy in Falkreath last night !
Four citizens killed in an attack by an Ancient Dragon !
Indara Caerellia and her husband Mathies were the first to die when blasted by the evil beast while they were in town mourning the death of their daughter to a werewolf attack. I`ve now got their keys to the deserted Corpselight Farm but there`s not much there except food items.
I thralled the other two which were the gravetender Kust and the flirtacious barmaid Narri.
Kust wears some iron armor but his hp is extremely low at level 4 so I will test his fighting but unlikely to use him for quests or missions.
Poor Narri will finally get her wish to go adventuring with a handsome, strapping warrior.
Since Falkreath has a Hall of the Dead , these will not likely be with me for long.
I took them both to Drela`s Cottage to enchant their outfits and was attacked by yet another Ancient Dragon. In that battle, Kust became the 1st character I`ve seen to be killed by different dragons twice in a single day !

Golgo_SPB

So I thralled Deekus, Ma'randru-Jo, and Anoriath. All three are fairly weak, the Khajiit has a sparks spell... barely does any damage to me. Then after this I went to the ratway to talk with Mallory and I thralled Drahff and Hewnon Black-Skeever... after I talked to Mallory of the thieves guild I brought Drahff and Hewnon to Lund's Hut and left their corpses with Lund since he seemed so lonely, he was lonely enough to kill himself at least!

After I got done with that I fast traveled to the sanctuary, and there was a hostile Storm Mage right behind me trying to kill me, if I remember correctly I thralled a Storm Mage days ago... guess he came back for revenge, boy was he tough when he had alot of space to work with.

After that I went to kill Agnis, I brought the Storm Mage with me to clear out the bandits that were in my way. Then I thralled Agnis and left the Storm Mage at the keep. I took Agnis with me to kill Victtoria Vici, I just dropped a statue on her... the DB argonian came to cover my tracks while I was suppose to run, which I didn't. He ended up killing Victtoria's soon to be husband, that young snow-shod fellow... after everything calmed down supposedly I brought dishonor to the dark brotherhood! lol not sure why, maybe it;s because I didn't run away or I thralled Victtoria and the young Snow-Shod. So I had to pay a fine to Nazir... I left Victtoria and young Snow-Shod's corpses in Victtoria's home so they can have their honeymoon, I also left Agnis with em too... kinky.

I left Krev and The Caller at the Abandoned house before all of this, they were pretty good but nothing unique about them. But overall they were good. Update: So Krev and The Caller has vanished from the Abandoned House, they served me well. Good luck to them in the void.

So I finally finished Nazir's contracts. *somewhat spoilers* The last 3 were Maluril, Helvard, and Safia. Maluril is a fairly weak Dark Elf researcher of Dwemer artifacts, he doesn't even have any spells from what I noticed from the very short time I worked with him. Helvard is the guard of the jarl of falkreath, he's weak but ok... with a shield he can survive a little bit longer. Safia seems like the prize for doing all of Nazir's contracts, but she's still not too special. She has three pieces of Scale Armor, no helm. I gave her the mace of molag bal, a ebony shield, ebony bow with ebony arrow, and a staff of fireballs. On her off hand she seems to randomly switch from shield to staff but eventually uses her shield more when in close, she will probably shoot one fireball then switch. The Mace is always in her main hand. I have not seen her use the bow yet. I tested her on a imperial camp, she basically slaughtered everyone with a few shots from the Mace of Molag Bal. It was surprisingly quick. She has a decent amount of health too. Gonna try to test her out more.

Adam Warlock

Both Kust and Narri were surprisingly good fighters despite the fact they start with less than 100 hp at level 4(typical citizen).
Kust used a warhammer and Narri a bow. They could defeat lower level Forsworn with my extra attire enchants and powerful weapons(absorbhealth/fire damage) but were killed by a Ravager with mage powers who had summoned a Frost Atronarch. I returned both of them to their beds in Falkreath just as I had Caerellia and Mathies. I`m sure they will disappear shortly if not already.
Returning a named NPC to their home is something I usually do if they haven`t pissed me off in some way. Just a sign of respect.
Now my goal is to see if I can get one of my foxy followers to wear Narri`s Tavern Clothes. I know most will not do that since it`s not armor but I`ve heard that Annekke Crag-Jumper might ! If she does , WOOO WOOO !

Those two Thalmor Soldiers keep returning to tail me periodically but I just kill them again or lead them to a fast-travel point where they will be attacked (like The Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon).

Of note is the body of a Master Conjurer that I found upon a return to Hobb`s Falls Cave. His body seems permanent since I found him dead a number of levels after I had killed him.
Oddly his name changed to Master Necromancer after I thralled him , but the body still seems stable.
He`s a fairly powerful mage who uses Frost attacks on his own and is effective with Staffs and a Daedric Sword. Wears Necromancer Robes and boots which I enchanted with resist fire/resist shock.
Best of all , he doesn`t moan !
I`ve nicknamed him "Chiller the Killer" and paired him with fire users like Sulla and Kornalus with good results.

Golgo_SPB

So I was going on a mission for Kodlak, gettin' dem heads! and I pass by a Vigilant of Stendarr, looks like she just defeated a Flame Atronach... so I murder her via sneak attack. she had the novice resto robes and novice hood, she also had steel cuffed boots and imperial gauntlets. She handled herself well, she had a firebolt spell, mace, flesh spell, a ward (couldn't handle a hagraven fireball), and healing. I think she died once against those dirty hagravens and trolls, I just snuck and watched Safia and the Vigilant take most of em down. Although I had to get my hands dirty when they both died at the same time. Overall the Vigilant was good, I remember Tyrannus not being so bad either.

After this I fast traveled to the Whiterun Stables, and there he was a again back for more vengeance... the Storm Wizard, but this time I had the Vigilant and Safia. The Khajiit Caravan, some farmer dude (forgot his name), the Carriage Driver, and Arden were there too (her dog seemed to disappear). The Storm Mage lasted for a while but eventually got mauled by everyone, better luck next time buddy!

Noticing it was dark and Ardwen's dog not being present I backstabbed and killed her, took me a few tries to do it without being noticed since the carriage driver was there. She was still a frost mage from the last time I used her. I think the Caller and Ardwen use the same template, elemental mage which element they will be depends on your file (I think I remember darklord anakin saying his The Caller being a fire mage in this thread a few pages back, mine was a frost mage).

After that I took Safia and Ardwen with Vilkas and I for out last battle with the Silver Hand. Safia still prefered staff and mace, only time she pulled out the bow was when I took the staff from her. Her archery was average didn't hurt an ancient dragon too much, maybe I should tested her archery on giants... oh well. Kinda disappointed that bethesda didn't flesh out the Silver Hand more, they're just generic bandits and they only had one named member. The door that brings you to the final boss at Driftshade Refuge is glitchy I think one of my thralls got stuck in it, I remember the same thing happening to a friend's thrall when I was watching him play. Ardwen's frost spells really slow down warrior types, she just blasts ice storms over and over.

Once we got done I retired Safia and Ardwen to the Abandoned House. Overall they were good, nothing unique about them other than being named. Safia had good one-handed and a good amount of health, nothing much else... she's very straight forward.

Adam Warlock

I`m still discovering new places even at lvl 81 and today it was a cave full of Falmer. Took Jenassa as a Follower and Umana as a dead Thrall .
Between the spinning dual-wield moves of my death-dealing Dunmer and the power bashing of my Redguard , it was a highly entertaining crawl. The boss chest held a Daedric Greatsword of the Vampire worth 3700+ septim !

Upon exiting , we witnessed an attack on a Khajiit caravan and guard Dro`marash was killed by a Bear !
After a quick hello to Kharjo and Ahkari , I thralled Dro`marsh and have stored him until I can upgrade his kit .
Next session I want to field a troop of 3 Khajiit helpers in a raid on a Silver Hand stronghold

Golgo_SPB

I went and visited the Vigilants of Stendarr today at their hall. I found a sleeping Keeper Carcette then I sneaked attack her then whacked her again for go measure (I don't have the backstab perks), but something odd happened when I killed her. I think I ripped the space time continuum, I proceeded to fall through the floor and fall into this blue abyss looking up into the room where Carcette lied dead and I landed right in front of the entrance to the Hall. It was kinda weird.

Keeper Carcette wears an Apprentice Robes of Restoration, Steel Plate Gauntlets, and Steel Plate Boots. Sadly she doesn't wear her amulet or have a hood. So I thought no biggie she might still be pretty decent being their leader in the skyrim branch.... Maybe my version got glitched or something but she doesn't use any spells despite being a Vigilant. I even tried to test her out with no weapons and she just uses her bare fists, no flesh spells or anything. I was quite disappointed, maybe someone elses Keeper Carcette uses spells?

Adam Warlock

Keeper Carcette should be a lvl 30 for a thrall .
Not great but not bad either .
Despite the robes she is melee skilled at 1h and block. Any magic she uses will be limited to flesh spells or healing.
Since she`s not an archer , give her destruction magic staffs to create your own spellsword type of character with magic at range and blade up close.
Give her the best shield you can and put extra health on it since there are no other enchant slots where you can do that.
She will die a lot with the low health and lack of body armor but you can put muffle and stamina on her boots while boosting 1h and fortify heavy armor rating on her gauntlets to create a servicable thrall.

Kir the Silent

Until Your Flesh Is Consumed
Rather have a Draugr Deathlord Thrall than most thralls, but my fav is Vehlek Sain and Malkoran

Adam Warlock

I took J`zargo , Dro`marash , and a Khajiit Bandit Marauder on a raid this morning.
Rather than the comparitively weak Silver Hand , we raided a Falmer den full of Shadowmasters instead.
They all did quite well but Dro`marsh did get killed when he was gang attacked by 4 at once.
I think it was the lack of protection against poison that hurt him there .
I`m definitely going to keep him primarily because the Khajiit moans are easier for me to tolerate than some of the other thralls

Adam Warlock

You bet ! I`d love to be able to thrall those bony bastards !
You can use the Ritual Stone power to raise at least some kinds of Dragr to fight for you temporarily.
This can be quite entertaining when you`re in the boss room of a dragr crypt !

Kir the Silent

Until Your Flesh Is Consumed
You can use the Ritual Stone power to raise at least some kinds of Dragr to fight for you temporarily.
This can be quite entertaining when you`re in the boss room of a dragr crypt !
Kool, but I'll probably stick with the steed stone.

Golgo_SPB

Keeper Carcette should be a lvl 30 for a thrall .
Not great but not bad either .
Despite the robes she is melee skilled at 1h and block. Any magic she uses will be limited to flesh spells or healing.
Since she`s not an archer , give her destruction magic staffs to create your own spellsword type of character with magic at range and blade up close.
Give her the best shield you can and put extra health on it since there are no other enchant slots where you can do that.
She will die a lot with the low health and lack of body armor but you can put muffle and stamina on her boots while boosting 1h and fortify heavy armor rating on her gauntlets to create a servicable thrall.
She hasn't used one spell so far, that's what makes me sad.

Golgo_SPB

So I thralled Salma and Beem-Ja. Sadly Salma will always disappear once you leave Ironbind Burrow. I should've created another save file to see if I can kill her before she entered. Think she has that bandit chief skill list, but according to UESP she has two perks Champion's Stance and Fighting Stance.

Beem-Ja likes shooting lightning bolts, haven't seen him use any thing else. I'll probably test him out more, it's nice to have an Argonian thrall that is somewhat useful since there is not many of them. Other than Jaree-Ra (who can't leave broken oar grotto and he levels with you too 50 anyways) and his sister Deeja who seemed to disappear from my file.

UPDATE: So Beem-Ja likes dual wielding lightning bolt so much that having a shield and dagger in his inventory messed with his battle AI, he just stands there with his hands together with his spells equipped. I think he might have the dual cast destruction perk, I'm not too sure. There was two instances that he looked like he was in the "Hadouken" stance (which is the dual cast stance), but I'm not too sure... he was flinging lightning bolts so quick it was hard to tell. I've yet to test him with staffs, hopefully it doesn't mess with his battle AI. I've also had problems with him dying when I go to another zone. He also doesn't seem to use any other spells, quite an odd fellow.

I also thralled Sild the Warlock, he's much like Naris the Wicked. Both Fire mages.

UPDATE 2: So yes Beem-Ja does have destruction dual casting sometimes. Sadly he didn't use the staffs I gave.

So far in my file:
-Either the dagger or shield was messing with his battle AI.
-He didn't use any of the staffs I gave him.
-He died one time with staffs in his inventory by some bandits arrows and when I raised him again amidst the same battle he just stood there with his hands up walking side to side avoiding arrows but not attacking.
-the only spell he knows is Lightning Bolt and he is able to dual cast it. He might have more spells but he just loves chucking lightning bolts so much that he won't stop.
-According to UESP he also has the Apprentice Destruction perk.
-I did not test him with bows or how he reacts to them, or two-handed weapons.

I also have one minor note that doesn't have to do with Beem-Ja. I left Asta's corpse onto of Lund in Lunds Hut and many days later I revisited, of course the skeevers always respawn (very quickly I may add), and Asta's corpse was gone from Lund's Hut. So I just shrug my shoulders and walk out, then what do I find? Asta alive and well amidst the rocky area at Lund's Hut. I talked to her and she said she didn't want to be hurt again and I asked her what is this place then she began to describe the Eldergleam Sanctuary. It was odd... I just killed her again and placed her back in Lund's Hut.

Adam Warlock

I must regretfully report that Rigel Strong-Arm has disappeared on me.
It must have been around the time I thralled Dro`marash because I had her up to that time.
I checked back at Pinewatch where I had found her originally and the entire place had respawned loot and generic bandit types but nothing connected with the named NPC like Rorlak or Rigel that I encountered the 1st time through.
Ah well , she was fun while she lasted .
I`m just glad it wasn`t Umana who decided to take a powder.

Adam Warlock

Re : Asta
She hasn`t respawned as non-hostile for me yet but I look forward to that.
Peacenik respawned Thralls who will use at least part of their original vocal clips are rare in my game.
Up to now , I`ve had to aggro them into a fight for them to spit out some of their old lines.
Yours is the first I`ve known about who offered a dialogue option rather than merely the standard NPC-on-the-street responses.

Golgo_SPB

damn that sucks RIP Rigel.

yeah I was quite surprised, at first I thought it was some random NPC until I came up to her then I talked to her. she had her arms folded and looked mad too when I came up to her like she knew what I did lol. Maybe she respawned with the skeevers not sure what happened. I don't know where Sond went, he probably got killed by the spriggans and fell through the floor at eldergleam.

Well I just thralled Ghunzul, Silus, and Eisa Blackthorn. Silus so far has used sparks and a flesh spells, just had him for like two fights. Eisa Blackthorn is found at frostmere crypt being attacked by bandits, you don't get a penalty for killing her and if you don't she will be at the Morthal Inn. She's a bandit chief type like Ghunzul, Hajvaar, etc... but she doesn't have steel plate like most named bandit chief types, she just has steel armor, steel cuffed boots, and steel imperial guantlets.

Being a necromancer and loosing your Volkihar vampire thrall is the worst thing I've experienced in skyrim I think... (accept giants at the first play through)....
I spent months really, before I found my first >_<

Still have a save where it exists still but...
Since I can't stay lv 57 forever I decide to LET it disappear and continue towards lv 60 (currently 59)
Because leveling up while baby sitting zombies is hard... Even with the detect dead spell.

Golgo_SPB

something weird happened when I left the sanctuary with the spectral assassin to go to Markarth. I fast traveled to Markarth and guess who was next to me? No not the spectral assassin, it was Asta! I was like wtf! she was still talking about the beauty of the eldergleam sanctuary as well... so I sneak attacked her and thralled her again. It was pretty creepy and funny.

So after talking to Nazir to finish my Safia contract, her body disappeared. I could've held it off longer to keep her but she wasn't too special so I don't mind at all.

*SPOILERS* So I'm getting to the end of the DB questline after finding Asta next to me I just decided to bring her along for part of the quest since she loves following me. We went to the hold to interrogate Anton Virane, the cook for the keep, after I got the info I needed from him about the gourmet I killed him. I didn't test him in battle but I was sure he didn't have anything special about him since he is just a civilian.

After that it was off to the Nightgate Inn with Asta and Anton. Once we got their we question the inn keeper and found the gourmet in the basement, he didn't think nothing of me even though I had his friend as my slave. The Gourmet aka Balagog gro-Nolob was easily taken care of, he just another civilian type.

After that I decided to leave Anton and Asta at Drelas' Cottage, lets see if Asta can find me now! ha!

Then I updated my quest and proceeded to get rid of the emperor or so I thought. But anyways after I escaped Solitude it was off to save my brethren.

But it was all fire and brimstone, I found naked Veezara and thralled him. Not sure why he was naked, maybe those Oculatus guards were doing something they shouldn't have been doin lol. Then I thralled Gabriella, for some reason she was missing her hood. I killed Veezara to thrall this named Oculatus guard, Arcturus. He used sword and spell.

But they disappeared after an explosion... so I couldn't test their abilities sadly. After surviving I had to finish business with Astrid... I got to thrall her too, but this was BBQ Astrid... with 1HP.

A contract is a contract and it must be finished, I must find the emperor. In the process of this I killed and thralled Commander Maro, I will most likely test him out for a bit.

Adam Warlock

It was a totally bizarre Skyrim session today.
I went to orc stronghold Dushnikh Yal to visit follower Ghorbash the Iron Hand in order to equip some armor I had made for him.
When I arrived by FT , both Asta and Sond were there as non-hostiles talking about Eldergleam !
I had decided to let them live and follow me around for a while when a Frost Dragon attacked the stronghold !
This badass scaly Mofo not only killed Asta and Sond but EVERY Orc of the village who was topside !
The only survivors are the 4 miners who always stay underground.
I took Chief Burguk , Ghorbash , and mage Murbul back to my keep as thralls.
What to do with the others idk. Burguk`s wives and sons all level 6 with 100 hp or less so they may just stay where they are.
When I took Murbul out for a test against some Hags , I was suddenly attacked after FT by none other than Rigel Strong-Arm !
Rigel had lost the gear I had given her but had respawned with 254 septim and a Steel Sword of Ice ! To chastise her for straying , she got my mace in her face while Murbul zapped her with lightning strikes.
These 4 now back at Cracked Tusk. Who knows what tommorow may bring ?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts