Thoughts on the traditional Nord.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rafter75

I recently posted a Nord Death Knight build for an rp character. Now that I have made him. I find myself gravitating more toward the classic hardy Nord warrior. Skyrim strikes me as a game that showcases Nords and being a Nord in skyrim just seems like good immersion. So now that I have decided to drop the death knight concept for this character. I'm trying to think of exactly how I want the build to go. So far I have settled on a few skills.

2 handed- I know one handed could work too. But I've never played a 2 handed and I just like the idea of the crazed warrior with the big weapon.

Heavy Armor - most people see Nords as light armor wearers. And I know that they get the racial bonus to light armor. But I got a full set of ancient Nord Armor and it's great.

Smithing - just fits. And you need Daedric Smithing to improve ancient Nord Armor. Interesting that it's considered Daedric.

Archery- not so much for combat, but I want hunting to be a big part of the Rp.

Alchemy - primary source of healing as I will be avoiding magic for the most part.

Gear- full suit of ancient Nord Armor, Nord hero great sword and Nord hero bow.

From a RP perspective, I want to get involved with the hearthfire content and established a Homestead, family and hunting ground. I want to limit my involvement with magic ect...

I guess I'm just looking for some tips on how to rp a Nord. This is my "stop and smell the roses" character. Who better to take in the detail in skyrim than with one who calls it home.

What do you guys think?

jonathan90

well known member
you are better off with a traditional nord with a full set of archery and one handed perks.
alchemy and craft is a great idea, and nord armour making it traditional is cool, just go for the warrior perks man like heavy armour and light armour.

feliciano182

That's a damn fine build you got there !

I would probably just buy the potions instead of doing alchemy, though that's really up to you.

Volanere

Grand Magister
The traditional nord also worships talos which is a no go!

Rafter75

So far so good on this one. I've gone through the companions quest line. Cured my lycanthropy (want sovreinguard as my spirit home.) Now I'm going to spend some time building a home and finding a nice Nord girl to settle down with. Lol

I did however learn the dangers of the sweep perk. While being attacked by a Master vampire in white run is took him out with a mighty sweeping blow. Unfortunately I took out three townsfolk too. Oh boy, the guards did not like that much.

5D08D2AE9E12F7AE555B114466655E1292492856

I've got one of those, her name's Skara. Light Armor, 2H, and Archery work better, but being slowed down by the suit really makes it a better challenge. Very little Sneak, from crouching with the Bow for 1HKs on deer, and the occasional Bandit. Otherwise,a Reaver, running around, raiding anyone, and looting crypts for fun, and profit. Like a bandit, only more mobile, or a Viking without the longboat, and cohort.

She wears Ancient Nord because it looks cool, and only ground up her Skyforge Steel Greatsword (From proving Honor, when she decided she doesn't want to be a Companion no more.)

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Magic isn't bad to the traditional nord, many Nord mages are in Sovngarde.

Right of cleverness is a valid entry into the Hall of Valor.

The traditional nord also worships talos which is a no go!
The newer nords do, the proper traditional nord would worship their older religion, much like the Skaal in the dragonborn dlc who worship the Allmaker which I believe is a reference to Odin known as the Allfather.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts