• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I have to admit that I was a bit reticent to try the DLC, but I am enjoying myself thoroughly.

A few thoughts though, and I hope you'll excuse the "Spoiler" tag, but I don't want to take the chance of anyone who hasn't played it yet getting it spoiled because of me!

Raven Rock: I luv this place - too bad they're the only real vendors on the island (at least that I've found so far!) - The elves here are awesome!

Severin Manor: While the method that I got it wasn't necessarily to my liking, I really do love this place. Fully equipped and has everything I need. After some major cleanup and hiding some bodies behind the ashyam garden, I seem to be in good shape. Sure there's a couple glitches with the weapons racks, but, hey, you can't have everything. Anybody else hate baskets and food/beverages laying about? I got rid of all of them. I prefer a more streamline look.

Mirrak: Meh... wasn't that great, but I have to admit that I am a big fan of "Herma-Mora" now! Lots and lots of stuff!

Deathbrand: Great little quest, and talk about profitable! (if you survive that is). Anybody else like the armor and weaponry?

Rieklings: What is the deal with these little guys? I hate to kill them, but they are rather homicidal. Funny that I now have a tribe of my own and they seem to show up at the most opportune moments and I'm not even asking them to!

Just a few thoughts (of course there are many more! Your comments?

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
You just scratching the surface really. Go NE to the tomb right outside of Raven Rock and start the quest 'Unearthed' asap. I mean ASAP. It's long and has multiple stages in which you must wait. Best to start it now and peel off the rest of your quests in the meantime. Courier will contact you. That's all I'm saying about that.

As far as the house goes, the bodies will disappear on their own and if you have a lighting issue, head to Whiterun dungeon and grab all the torches if you don have at least 10-12. Throughout the house you can drop/drag torches into the vertical seams in the walls. They will lay nicely on the horizontal(ish) portion close to the floor. Adds a real nice glow to the place and takes the damp, cold feel out of it nicely.

They will all be lit once you leave and come back and they never seem to glitch.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Lurker just scare the plops outta me! AND TENTACLES!!! TENTACLES EVERYWHERE!!!

I wonder what the japanese version would be like?

Daelon DuLac

You just scratching the surface really. Go NE to the tomb right outside of Raven Rock and start the quest 'Unearthed' asap. I mean ASAP. It's long and has multiple stages in which you must wait. Best to start it now and peel off the rest of your quests in the meantime. Courier will contact you. That's all I'm saying about that.

As far as the house goes, the bodies will disappear on their own and if you have a lighting issue, head to Whiterun dungeon and grab all the torches if you don have at least 10-12. Throughout the house you can drop/drag torches into the vertical seams in the walls. They will lay nicely on the horizontal(ish) portion close to the floor. Adds a real nice glow to the place and takes the damp, cold feel out of it nicely.

They will all be lit once you leave and come back and they never seem to glitch.
Thank you. My only real issue with the place is that the manniquins keep moving! It is so creepy. They don't move when I'm out of the house or awake in the house, but just let me go to sleep and I find them all over the place. Weirdly, as soon as I leave the house or unequip/equip them, they are back in position!

Thanks for the tip on "Unearthed" and on the torches.

LotusEater

Thank you. My only real issue with the place is that the manniquins keep moving! It is so creepy. They don't move when I'm out of the house or awake in the house, but just let me go to sleep and I find them all over the place. Weirdly, as soon as I leave the house or unequip/equip them, they are back in position!

Thanks for the tip on "Unearthed" and on the torches.

Ya. By the way, don't put any crafted items on the manniquins (ok, so you can't spell it either, lol). I put a full set of awesome hunting gear I spent a bunch of time enchanting and they glitched by having their enchantments stripped. It seems to be ok if you place things on the manniquins (I'm just going with it) as long as you don't force a load screen. I still don't mess and only put game-created items since they never seem to get stripped. Use at your own risk.

Daelon DuLac

Ya. By the way, don't put any crafted items on the manniquins (ok, so you can't spell it either, lol). I put a full set of awesome hunting gear I spent a bunch of time enchanting and they glitched by having their enchantments stripped. It seems to be ok if you place things on the manniquins (I'm just going with it) as long as you don't force a load screen. I still don't mess and only put game-created items since they never seem to get stripped. Use at your own risk.
Thanks for the tip. Fortunately, I am at a level where the only things I find are of lesser strength than what I have so I'm not going to mess with it. I guess I was lucky when I put some stuff I created long ago in SR on one so I could sleep for the night that nothing happened to it. Maybe if it is old it's okay, just not new stuff. I'm still freaked out that they move though!

LotusEater

Thanks for the tip. Fortunately, I am at a level where the only things I find are of lesser strength than what I have so I'm not going to mess with it. I guess I was lucky when I put some stuff I created long ago in SR on one so I could sleep for the night that nothing happened to it. Maybe if it is old it's okay, just not new stuff. I'm still freaked out that they move though!

It doesn't always happen. Those things are weird. The minute you start trusting to use them...

I'm constantly changing weapons and armor so I run through raw materials like you wouldn't believe. But now I use chests to keep things organized.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts