• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Flamingtaco

I agree although it will limit the customization of mix matching which I think is the reason people are complaining

Cole

Mythik
I'm wondering is I could steal faction armor while the person is wearing it which the lvl 100 pickpocket skill.
You would be better then the Gray Fox if you could do that while they were awake! Asleep it might be easier lol. I'm going to have to try this x]

Flamingtaco

Well it really depends on if you can access an npc's full inventory through pickpocketing. In oblivion they had to be dead to steal their clothes. Otherwise imagine being a master thief and stealing away a guards armor, making a fight really easy.

Travis

So here is a quote from Bethesda about how they are handling armor pieces:

Now for those of you that never played Morrowind, every piece of armor was seperate, for example instead of having greaves, you have a shin guard and a thigh guard. Instead of having a chest piece, you have forarm, bicep, and chest. It's was a great system, especially in the beginning because you really felt like you were scrapping together a set of armor.

So I'll put this out there to the community. Would you rather go back to the separate pieces, or do you like the more consolidated type of armor as described for Skyrim?

Personally I would rather go back to the older way, although it is enticing to have matching armor all the time.
i vote for Morrowind style. The more customization the better. But I have also played games, Dungeon Siege comes to mind, where they had matching sets of armor, with cool bonuses, but it seemed like I always ended up with half the set. Or all but one piece. That can be very frustrating.

Flamingtaco

It seems to me that having all those pieces could be annoying if you want a full set. I was happiest with the armor slots in Oblivion actually. Its a nice compromise between the two.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts