This time Harkon remains lord of the castle

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

CaptMorgan72

Having played through Skryim and all its dlc many times with different characters, I like to really get into role playing and not finish or even start some of the main quests to create different experiences. What if Auriel's bow was never found and Harkon remained lord of the court? This is what I am doing now with my vampire character. I stopped the quest to prevent the bow from being found and then eventually having to kill Harkon. I always thought it was strange that I was still doing missions for the court even after I killed Harkon and became the lord of the court. Now it feels more natural. I am a new member and I take jobs from the elder members. After several days of doing missions for them, I sit down with Lord Harkon in front of the fireplace to chat and drink a mug of fresh blood. Just doing the radiant quests and encountering random events in my exploration of Skyrim is plenty of fun for me. Any of you guys/gals do stuff like this?

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
Having played through Skryim and all its dlc many times with different characters, I like to really get into role playing and not finish or even start some of the main quests to create different experiences. What if Auriel's bow was never found and Harkon remained lord of the court? This is what I am doing now with my vampire character. I stopped the quest to prevent the bow from being found and then eventually having to kill Harkon. I always thought it was strange that I was still doing missions for the court even after I killed Harkon and became the lord of the court. Now it feels more natural. I am a new member and I take jobs from the elder members. After several days of doing missions for them, I sit down with Lord Harkon in front of the fireplace to chat and drink a mug of fresh blood. Just doing the radiant quests and encountering random events in my exploration of Skyrim is plenty of fun for me. Any of you guys/gals do stuff like this?

I wish you had the choice to side with Harkon, or at least stay a member of his court and not be forced to side with the Dawnguard.

NachyoChez

It is not abnormal for me to skip going to Bleakfalls Barrow just so I never have to face the Dragons. Not only am I spared the annoyance of their random fights, I also get the joy of never feeling the need to save the world when all I really want to do is watch it burn!

Wildroses

It does get tiresome after a while to be the new leader of this guild and that guild. It gets fricken OLD.

Yeah, what's so wrong with being a privileged member? :eek:

The way it always happens is what's so wrong for me.

"Hi there people who have been in this guild much longer than me and have way more experience than I, a mere PC, could dream of. Allow me to introduce myself. I'm ..."
"HEY GUYS CHECK IT OUT! IT'S THE NEW LEADER OF OUR GUILD!"
"...Um...I have some quests I need to do. Bye!"
"Return soon oh glorious leader!"
"Yep. I sure will. Not."

Torok

My playthrough as a vampire was kind of ruined when I found that I still had to kill Harkon. I tried so much to convince Serana not to. I even gave Harkon the bow. My character was kind of torn between his love for Serana and his loyalty to Harkon.

Wildroses

Oof. It must have hurt when he attacked anyway. That must have been one hideous boss fight for you.

Pete

Now, to finish Harkon off with the Mace of Molag Bal is the ultimate satisfaction of our lords wishes, don't you think?

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
tumblr_mw67f9AdF51sm2ot8o1_500.gif

I cry each time I am forced to kill Lord Harkon.

Torok

Now, to finish Harkon off with the Mace of Molag Bal is the ultimate satisfaction of our lords wishes, don't you think?

Or the greatest insult since you killed him with the weapon of his god basically.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...

I wish you had the choice to side with Harkon, or at least stay a member of his court and not be forced to side with the Dawnguard.
that's the problem its always a 2 way street, if you don't side with them then you must be on the Dawnguard Side personally I would rather have had a 3rd option just kill them both and be done with it

tx12001

A Major Problem with all these Questlines is that it forces you to be something you are not, I personally like vampires but a vampire 1 of my Character's is not so I have to join the Dawnguard despite the fact I would rather destroy them then the vampires and I am considered by Valerica as she says in the Soul Cairn a ruthless vampire killer or something along those lines when in truth I only kill the vampires who get on my nerves not because I have to. also about that questline if you join the vampires where does it go from you been loyal to harkon and about 3 sentances later you are plotting against him? one more thing however is how ireelevant and poorly thought out many of the Dawnguard quests actually are for instance.

1. If serana just up and cured herself of Vamprism from the second she learned her blood was needed to fulfill the Tyranny of the Sun prophercy Harkon would never have even been able to block the sun out because her blood would become that of a mortal and therfor useless, only Serana's mothers blood would then suffice but she was in the soul cairn with no way of Harkon ever getting to her.

2. why do you have to bring the bow with you to castle volkihar if you are with the dawnguard? you don't need the Bow to kill him, just say if Harkon managed to kill you that would have been the biggest mistake the dawnguard would ever had made, best bet would have been to keep it locked away in fort dawnguard instead of foolishly bringing it with you.

Pete

1. If serana just up and cured herself of Vamprism from the second she learned her blood was needed to fulfill the Tyranny of the Sun prophercy Harkon would never have even been able to block the sun out because her blood would become that of a mortal and therfor useless, only Serana's mothers blood would then suffice but she was in the soul cairn with no way of Harkon ever getting to her.

2. why do you have to bring the bow with you to castle volkihar if you are with the dawnguard? you don't need the Bow to kill him, just say if Harkon managed to kill you that would have been the biggest mistake the dawnguard would ever had made, best bet would have been to keep it locked away in fort dawnguard instead of foolishly bringing it with you.

For me, since I like to play the vampire side:
1. Curing vampires is a myth. There's only one cure -- kill em. Plus she is a worshiper of Malag Bal, so curing makes no sense. Some of her dialog points to this. As for leaving Valerica in the soul cairn, what a waste of a royal vampire. I always free her.

2. Its the only way to prove to Harkon that you are stronger than he is.

tx12001

For me, since I like to play the vampire side:
1. Curing vampires is a myth. There's only one cure -- kill em. Plus she is a worshiper of Malag Bal, so curing makes no sense. Some of her dialog points to this. As for leaving Valerica in the soul cairn, what a waste of a royal vampire. I always free her.

2. Its the only way to prove to Harkon that you are stronger than he is.[/quote

No you can remove the Gift of Vampirism by Going to Morthol to see Falion but I don't see why any would as Theoretically Vampirism makes you Immortal while the lesser conditons do not but if you cured Serana when she learned that her blood was needed then her blood would not work also why does she fight harkon with you for knowing that you also brought Aureil's bow with you put 2 and 2 together and the sun would be permantely blocked out which really I don't see why it would have been a problem about the mortals attacking them and whiping out there kind as for 1 the mortals would never find out as it is obvious that when you block out the sun that even the smartest have no idear whats happening so therefor theMortals attacking them should have been the least of their worries the vampires would have had this chain reaction happen.

1. The sun gets permantly blocked out the Vampires are happy
2. Plants start to die for lack of sunlight
3. Animals who eat plants start dying out
4. People who rely on Animals and Cropswill Starve and Eventually Die
5. Mortals numbers get Scarse
6. Vampires are all that's left
7. No Blood so they all get mad and regret blocking out the sun unless they want to start draining eachother
(and if that happened eventually there would be one vampire left to wallow in Misery forever)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts