Spoiler This has probaby been said before but. . .

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Bourn

I personally think Dragonborn was to short. Solstheim was awesome, and it reminded me of Morrowind, new mobs, items, weapons, etc. But the main quest was wicked short to be honest. Seekers and Lurkers were harder than Miraak, the whole last quest was a short-lived clunky encounter, especially the Dragon riding.

Thoughts?

theoduck

If persimmons approach, Khajiit will smell them.
I personally think Dragonborn was to short. Solstheim was awesome, and it reminded me of Morrowind, new mobs, items, weapons, etc. But the main quest was wicked short to be honest. Seekers and Lurkers were harder than Miraak, the whole last quest was a short-lived clunky encounter, especially the Dragon riding.

Thoughts?
It was set up pretty well. I went there with all 3 MR perks + Atronach perk, so Seekers were scary, took a long time to kill, but pretty much irrelevant.

Lurkers were still very dangerous, however.

I killed Miraak so fast that he bugged out in his regenerating mode and I had to console him back, then go a little easier on him the next two times.

theoduck

I wish there had been more done with the Thalmor-trying-to-steal-stahlrim story. That was a missed opportunity.

Loved the Rieklings. I ended up helping them, then every so often in random places I'd get a wee blue dude following me around... like in the Forgotten Vale... making sure I was cool.

TESV-2013-03-29-01-32-01-40.jpg

Bourn

Nothing in Apochrypha was really that challenging in my eyes. Power attacking the Lurkers disrupted them from doing any damage. Seekers were what I think was the hardest mob. Miraak was somewhat hard in the first phase, and after that it was 2-4 hits per phase. I just thought for how well done Solstheim and the new spells, weapons, and armor were, the main quest was a disappointment.

theoduck

Nothing in Apochrypha was really that challenging in my eyes. Power attacking the Lurkers disrupted them from doing any damage. Seekers were what I think was the hardest mob. Miraak was somewhat hard in the first phase, and after that it was 2-4 hits per phase. I just thought for how well done Solstheim and the new spells, weapons, and armor were, the main quest was a disappointment.
Bluster in Apocrypha would likely land most of the FPS crowd in major trouble with the tentacles. Those things HURT! But if you take your time and go slow (sneaking is pointless), you can spot them before they surprise you.

Bourn

Bluster in Apocrypha would likely land most of the FPS crowd in major trouble with the tentacles. Those things HURT! But if you take your time and go slow (sneaking is pointless), you can spot them before they surprise you.

Yeah the tentacles almost got me a few times. I died more on not getting the whole Bend Will shout off on the dragon, than in the whole quest line.

theoduck

Yeah the tentacles almost got me a few times. I died more on not getting the whole Bend Will shout off on the dragon, than in the whole quest line.
I didn't have that problem, but dragon-riding was about as lame as mounted combat.

Visually well done. The style, as is common with Bethesda, greatly outweighed the substance. They have a great game engine, but skimp hard on the writing all the time because they know that most of the console crowd (their main paying audience) either don't care or would bombard them with "OMG that is sooo gay" type complaints.

Bourn

I didn't have that problem, but dragon-riding was about as lame as mounted combat.

Visually well done. The style, as is common with Bethesda, greatly outweighed the substance. They have a great game engine, but skimp hard on the writing all the time because they know that most of the console crowd (their main paying audience) either don't care or would bombard them with "OMG that is sooo gay" type complaints.

I thought the Dragon combat was extremely clunking, but it was definitely a nice feature that they put in.

theoduck

I thought the Dragon combat was extremely clunking, but it was definitely a nice feature that they put in.
It was coooool for about 2 minutes, then I was like "get me off of this thing; I'm nodding out over here!"

theoduck

Yeah haha, that's basically what I thought, killing the Lukers and Seekers was painstaking for me. . .
The Dremora merchant and the occasional Riekling stowaways are the coolest things I brought back from Solstheim besides the Stahlrim and Chitin gear, which I gave to various ex-and-current followers.

Bourn

The only side quest I've really completed is the Ancient Nord pickaxe, but I'm going to do the Rieklings, etc. I want to get Incinerate, Ice Spear, and Thunderbolt, even if I don't understand where to get them lol.

theoduck

The only side quest I've really completed is the Ancient Nord pickaxe, but I'm going to do the Rieklings, etc. I want to get Incinerate, Ice Spear, and Thunderbolt, even if I don't understand where to get them lol.
Those spells can be purchased from Faralda at the College if your destruction skill is high enough. They are vanilla spells.

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
I thought the main quest in Dragonborn was disappointingly short, but the amount of side-quests made up for it. There are an awful lot of hidden gem quests, you just gotta talk to people. It made it a little more...immersion-friendly, IMO. In real life, you don't find things to do without talking to people. :)

theoduck

Oh really? Wow I thought they were a quest. Whats level does destro have to be, do you know?
Probably 65-70 before you can buy them. They are expert level spells, so they are costly to cast unless you have the expert destruction perk.

The quest is for the Master destruction spells. You have to have 100 destruction to get the quest, the quest is pretty silly, and the spells, like almost all of the master spells, are also pretty silly and of little use in actual combat. Hint: If you have taken all of the perks for a particular element, then the corresponding master spell is VERY cheap to cast, but still silly and can be interrupted, making it almost useless in combat.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
I agree. The main quest in Dragonborn were too short. Nothing is difficult except the seekers and depending if you are sneaking or not. If you are, they are easy, otherwise, they will post a bit of a challenge. Lurkers for me were easy. Miraak was not as tough as I expected to be. The dragon ride was ridiculous.
I also agree the Lighting Storm, Fire Storm and Blizzard that you get from Faralda are very powerful but they can be interrupted while in combat. The ones I use are : Thunderbolt ( 75% damage in one hit ), Ice Spear ( 75% damage as well in one single hit ) and Fireball. When I fight as a Mage, I use on my left Thunderbolt and on my right hand, Ice Spear. The combination is lethal for every single enemy out there. As they say, you can buy those from Faralda in the College of Winterhold.

eboybear

i'm still playing thru dragonborn dlc in ps3, and can't wait to face off with the ebony warrior (which i heard, is the hardest enemy to beat in skyrim). i'm a level 74 now, and screwed up my oghma infinium exploit, so i didn't get to max all the way ... any tips on how i can reach level 82? it has been very sloooooooow leveling up now :sadface:

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
i'm still playing thru dragonborn dlc in ps3, and can't wait to face off with the ebony warrior (which i heard, is the hardest enemy to beat in skyrim). i'm a level 74 now, and screwed up my oghma infinium exploit, so i didn't get to max all the way ... any tips on how i can reach level 82? it has been very sloooooooow leveling up now :sadface:
You're gonna need to do some preparing:

1) Stock up on foodstuffs. Chips, soda, microwave dinners.
2) Call in to work
3) Pull your comfy chair up to the TV
4) Pop Skyrim into the PS3
5) Keep playing. 20 hrs a day for a week should do it.

Ok, so I'm being a little sarcastic, but that's pretty much what it's gonna boil down to. Your best bet is to find skills that you haven't used much and start using them - you get points faster with them. I.E. if you never cast an Illusion spell with this character, start now. Have fun! :p

eboybear

You're gonna need to do some preparing:

1) Stock up on foodstuffs. Chips, soda, microwave dinners.
2) Call in to work
3) Pull your comfy chair up to the TV
4) Pop Skyrim into the PS3
5) Keep playing. 20 hrs a day for a week should do it.

Ok, so I'm being a little sarcastic, but that's pretty much what it's gonna boil down to. Your best bet is to find skills that you haven't used much and start using them - you get points faster with them. I.E. if you never cast an Illusion spell with this character, start now. Have fun! :p

thanks for the tip ... i actually downloaded some articles from the interwebs suggesting the same thing. my pickpocket is like level 29, so i guess i'll be stealing a buttload of stuff in the next few days LOL!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts