Things you wish you could do in skyrim...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Swaggajack

Forum nooblet - PS3 Master race
I have mixed feelings about the politics in the game. We have the Imperials, we have the stormcloaks, the thalmor, the forsworn, the companions, the blades, the thieves guild, and the dark brotherhood...

As my character is Imperial i naturally sided with the Empire in the civil war, and as such, see the stormcloaks as my mortal enemies, and seek to destroy them at every turn. I aslo dont have much respect for the empire though, as they were forced to bend knee to the aldmeri dominion, and dont like the way the thalmor talk to me and other citizens of skyrim, and as such, love to see their blood at the end of my blade, and my arrows sticking out of their faces and nether regions. I honestly dont care for the whole werewolf OR vampire crap (main reason ive never downloaded DG addon), so i could care less about the companions questline, or Dawnguard.

The thieves guild are a nice bunch IMO, as i tend to loot damn near everyone and everything, my philosophy being its just a game, and those septims and items are basically useless if left in the hands of AI that cant handle them properly. Those septims are better off in my pockets, as well as their loot. But ive never finished their questline as i have always kept the skeleton key, even though im good at lockpicking, and can usually get through a master lock with under 10 picks, its just nice not having to worry about them, and being able to break out of jail super easy.

Dont get me started with the forsworn...i can understand their cause, they want their region to themselves, thats respectable, but theyre just murderish assholes who hate everyone, they dont even get along with stormcloaks! Then we have the dark brotherhood...on my very first playthrough about 3 years ago, i joined them with earnest, as i had septim signs in my eyes, just chasing the coin...i killed countless people looking for a payday only to find skyrim feeling empty at the end of the questline, lots of innocent people dead, the potential for radiant quests diminished...this time i just wont join them, but i also find myself wanting to destroy them, as i have sworn an oath to the Emperor and refuse to kill him, as i have already amassed a wealth much greater than his own, what with my armors and weapons upgraded via the restoration loop, worth billions of septims per set...

I just wish skyrim would let us destroy those we dont like...for an open world game with virtually endless decisions to make, it still feels quite cookie cutter and limited...

I just wish skyrim had the option to destroy all the factions you dont like, leaving you with the ones you do, because i would destroy pretty much

_satan_

You can destroy the dark brotherhood by killing astrid in the abandoned shack

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

sticky runes

Yes, you can destroy the Dark brotherhood. It's one of the few parts of the game where you actually get closure on something - you wipe out the assassins and they never bother you or anyone else again.

I really would like to put the Thieves Guild away as well. Even if it just meant beating them up and having them arrested. It kind of sucks that the game tries to urge us into joining them by having that forced dialogue with Brynjolf when we first enter the city, and when Delphine instructs you to speak to him about finding Esbern. You don't even need to speak to Brynjolf for that event, you can just ask Keerava at the inn. It's almost as if the designers meant for the Dragonborn to be a member of the thieves guild, and that seems dumb. Yeah, I'm a mighty mythical dragon slayer, and when I'm not on a quest to save Skyrim from an evil dragon who is trapping the souls of the dead and resurrecting his race to spread destruction throughout the world of the living, I like sneaking into peoples houses and stealing vases and candlesticks.
And those Berenzia stones- why is there only one person in all of Skyrim who knows about them, and why does she have to be a member of the thieves guild? There should just be an antiques dealer running a shop in one of the cities.

Last edited:

casines49

Yea I guess you all have a good point and that's one thing I loved about Morrow wind. . . The ability to kill anyone I happened not to like. I dont know about yall but when my character gets all badass I love thinking of him being like a dark king of death...like a reaper, and being able to kill the most badass dragon of all dragons but not a jarl wearing nothing but a robe is rediculous!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Wildroses

It bothers me that I can't destroy the Thieves Guild. I can't stand them. Brynjolf is a redheaded creep who thinks I don't walk or dress like an honest person, and he's a massive liar. "I can take a hint, lass. Come find me if you're ready to make some coin," he says if you tab out of that first conversation he forces on you. He's the biggest liar in Skyrim. You go within a two metre radius of him after that and he thinks you're ready to make some coin.

I don't think much of the rest of them either. They go around taking precious heirlooms from people, steal the only things of value from plenty of impoverished types, run a side business in framing people so they go to jail and waltz around thinking they are so morally superior and wonderful because they don't kill anyone. You have to do more than not be a murderer to be good.

And the people you have to work with to bring the Thieves Guild back to it's full glory! Come on, nobody likes Maven Black-Briar. Nobody likes Erikur. Nobody likes the patron of the Great Clan Battleborn whose name I have forgotten out of pure spite because he expects everyone to know it well. Why oh why would you want to willingly associate with them.

It's funny really. I'm lukewarm about the College. I loathe how the Companions force you to become a werewolf, participate in killing an entire fort of Silver-Hands to celebrate your transformation, then help Aela in her crusade of vengeance without a chance to say: "But I like having restful sleep" or "I think I might have figured out why the Silver-Hands hate werewolves so much."

But I'm happy to ignore them in a way I am not happy to ignore the Thieves Guild. I've never wanted to kill them all the way I want to destroy the Thieves Guild.

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
I have but one lamentation.

When doing the Recipe for Disaster quest, the dialogue options don't allow you to sport a faux French accent when cooking the Potage.

"Silence! I am ze Gourmet! I cook, madame, not chatter."

sticky runes

And the people you have to work with to bring the Thieves Guild back to it's full glory! Come on, nobody likes Maven Black-Briar. Nobody likes Erikur. Nobody likes the patron of the Great Clan Battleborn whose name I have forgotten out of pure spite because he expects everyone to know it well. Why oh why would you want to willingly associate with them.

It's funny really. I'm lukewarm about the College. I loathe how the Companions force you to become a werewolf, participate in killing an entire fort of Silver-Hands to celebrate your transformation, then help Aela in her crusade of vengeance without a chance to say: "But I like having restful sleep" or "I think I might have figured out why the Silver-Hands hate werewolves so much."

But I'm happy to ignore them in a way I am not happy to ignore the Thieves Guild. I've never wanted to kill them all the way I want to destroy the Thieves Guild.

I'm the only weirdo on the planet who thinks Maven Blackbriar is awesome, but the Thieves Guild is so damn tedious. All those little jobs you do to open a bunch of shops, and all those members who join yet you can't use any of them as followers.

The Companions was really badly done. You can't just be a regular member who accepts jobs and heads out with a shield brother at your own leisure - you can only do that if you become the freaking Harbinger who's role is to supposed to be sitting around in the office imparting wisdom on the Companions. It would be fine if you could just reject becoming a werewolf and carry on doing jobs, but you get forced into doing all that Silverhand crap.

That's why the mage college is my favorite. Even though you can quite easily become arch mage without using a lot of magic skills, they give you a lot more leeway. You can hold off the eye of whateveritscalled and do quests for the instructors and make friends with the students and take them on quests with you. For a bunch of hated sorcerers with a bad reputation, they're very laid back and easy going. Not nearly as infuriating as the Thieves Guild, or as frustrating as the Companions.

hershangames

Well, as apparently everybody, I hate the thieves guild. I need them for my doing but man they suck. They think they're all mighty and great when they just can't do anything right. Yeah, our guild has a lot of members, controls all of Riften's underground, but we can't do plops because we're going down. Shut up! The dark brotherhood has half the members you do and are trhice as poor and they still cause chaos and are able to kill emperors.

As for freedom in the game, even though it doesn't officially count, after I got sick of them I went into the companion's place and killed everybody, then I we t to Riften and killed those two members that for some reason are there. I call that extermination.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

sticky runes

Erikur is scum, especially for what he tries to do to that Bosmer girl at the Embassy.

Maven is like this all-powerful matriarchal figure who does stuff without actually wielding weapons or magic, if she were a character in a movie I would love her.

But I digress...

Back on the OP, he points out another reason why I hate Dawnguard - it doesn't address any of the political issues in the game. We have all these loose ends - Imperials and Stormcloaks snapping at eachother but we can't truly wipe out the enemy survivors because the camp leaders are invincible. Thalmor perpetually trying to control everything and we can't do anything to thwart them. Forsworn running around the hills and re-spawning as enemies even if we either kill or befriend their leader. but no, screw all that - lets come up with a vampire war that has nothing to do with anything else going on in Skyrim.

Mercutio

Assistant Regional Manager
You can do literally EVERYTHING in Skyrim right now. I wanted a badass armor mod... Avatar Of Balthazar. How bout a mod that makes enchantments look better? Wintermyst! There's a mod for everything! I think cars are in as a mod O_0

-The Ice Queen-

Rightful Queen of Skyrim
I want to kill Delphine and Esbern, or at least have a way to give them the finger and say, "SUCK IT!" Without console commands, of course.

sticky runes

I'm coming round to liking the Blades more now. As much as I love Paarthurnax, at least Delphine and Esbern actually want me to see things through. Arngeir is teaching me to master my powers, but he thinks everything I do is distasteful, like using my powers to save the world from Alduin. And he shares every other nord's hatred of the mage college. News flash Arnie - your new Dragonborn is the Arch Mage of Winterhold.

I just wish we could increase the Blades numbers by recruiting more followers. and that those forsworn would stop re-spawning on our doorstep.

Rimfaxe96

Erikur is scum, especially for what he tries to do to that Bosmer girl at the Embassy.

17c3098f94809930ae94ccf668bf709d.jpg

I'd want to be able to do more random stuff in Skyrim. For example when you heal a random NPC they bring all kinds of different reaction dialogue - what would they say if I randomly jumped on them, or set their lawn on fire, or shove an egg into their mouths etc.

Reaper87

吉光
It would be cool to have more consequences to your actions, so say if you are caught stealing in a town, people in that town would have less respect for you, and shopkeepers will refuse to trade with you and so on.

Latest posts