Spoiler Things I wished they did in Dragonborn.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
When I first played Dragonborn, I thought it was going to be cool. The Last Dragonborn battling the First for the fate of all Tamriel. But now, I think it was ok, but I wish they did more with the concept. Here are some ideas that I think would have made it better(in my opinion):

1) Change the Character of Miraak. Instead of him being a Dragon Priest who wanted more power. They should of have him be the Second-Born of Akatosh. Balancing out Alduin's destructive behavior and to keep him in line. But eventually becoming so powerful that both Daedra and Aedra began to fear his power. They imprisoned him and only the death of Alduin would release him. Also they should of portrayed Miraak as both ruthless and cunning. Gathering followers not through magic, but tempting them with what they desire the most.

2) Don't have it a love letter to Morrowind. Dragonborn was basically a love letter to Morrowind, which is not a bad thing, for people who played Morrowind. I did not. I don't know why, but I felt out of place and felt like I wasn't playing Skyrim.

3) Talos is still not important to the plot. You would think a story centered around the concept of the Dragonborn would actually take a look at the most famous one. This is a problem I had with Skyrim in general. Aside for the civil war, Talos has no major importance in the game. In Dawnguard you got an Aedric Artifact in the form of Auriel's Bow. The least you can do is give me the Sword of Talos.

4) The Thalmor. They isn't there a DLC where you go to the Summerset Isles and finally put an end to the Aldmeri Dominion? Just saying.

5) No Dragonbone Katanas or Dai-Katanas. This is just a little something I wanted. They said the Ancient Blades were the best dragonslayers ever. Wouldn't it be cool if the best of them made their katanas out of the bones of their dead foes?

That's some of what I didn't like and could be improved. If you have something you didn't like and wanted it to be changed, let me know.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
When I first played Dragonborn, I thought it was going to be cool. The Last Dragonborn battling the First for the fate of all Tamriel. But now, I think it was ok, but I wish they did more with the concept. Here are some ideas that I think would have made it better(in my opinion):

1) Change the Character of Miraak. Instead of him being a Dragon Priest who wanted more power. They should of have him be the Second-Born of Akatosh. Balancing out Alduin's destructive behavior and to keep him in line. But eventually becoming so powerful that both Daedra and Aedra began to fear his power. They imprisoned him and only the death of Alduin would release him. Also they should of portrayed Miraak as both ruthless and cunning. Gathering followers not through magic, but tempting them with what they desire the most.

2) Don't have it a love letter to Morrowind. Dragonborn was basically a love letter to Morrowind, which is not a bad thing, for people who played Morrowind. I did not. I don't know why, but I felt out of place and felt like I wasn't playing Skyrim.

3) Talos is still not important to the plot. You would think a story centered around the concept of the Dragonborn would actually take a look at the most famous one. This is a problem I had with Skyrim in general. Aside for the civil war, Talos has no major importance in the game. In Dawnguard you got an Aedric Artifact in the form of Auriel's Bow. The least you can do is give me the Sword of Talos.

4) The Thalmor. They isn't there a DLC where you go to the Summerset Isles and finally put an end to the Aldmeri Dominion? Just saying.

5) No Dragonbone Katanas or Dai-Katanas. This is just a little something I wanted. They said the Ancient Blades were the best dragonslayers ever. Wouldn't it be cool if the best of them made their katanas out of the bones of their dead foes?

That's some of what I didn't like and could be improved. If you have something you didn't like and wanted it to be changed, let me know.
That's what mods are for

Rimfaxe96

I think the part about Miraak being ruthless was quite well portrayed. Using his power to just take people away from their homes and families; out of their lives even, wow. It showed how naive the people of Rav Rock were too though, just watching and then even saying they won't stop them because they want to see what they work on when its finished... man, did I miss the slap-across-face-option at that point. Can't tell if Miraak was cunning though; surely he wasn't the dumbest person there is if he almost succeeds with tricking a Daedra, he just didn't think it through. Hermaeus Mora wouldn't have let him go this far if he didn't know the Last Dragonborn can defeat him.
We saw too little of Miraak to make great analyses about his personality though.

I didn't play Morrowind either, but I admire Bugthesda for making it partly look like Morrowind. I know how frustrating it can be when a publisher just ignores its fans and goes for the newest stuff to attract mainstream players, trust me, it can ruin your love for a series and therefore the games. Seeing how many people started their love for Elder Scrolls with Morrowind and how many people are still actively playing it and releasing texture packs and so on, it's pretty cool that Bethesda won't show them the cold shoulder.
But I won't lie, Solstheim seemed pretty awkward for me at the beginning. The flora and of course fauna looks just... different from Skyrim, or anything I've seen before in a game. And then this constant greeting as "Outlander", lol... but I would lie if I said I wouldn't be interested in seeing Morrowind in a new game (not directly the next one, solve the EmpirevsDominion plot first Bethesda!), as I have little interest in playing the older ones (don't have a computer that could run them properly anyway) and the sight of the fuming Red Mountain in the background really itched my gaming-nerve.

That disappointed me as well. Missions like brining Torygg's horn to a shrine of Talos were those I really loved, despite being "just side missions". But Skyrim is Talos-country, and then we get an item of Auriel? Seriously, there is probably no Nord left who knows Akatosh under that name anymore! They could have added a mission where you might have to save an important relic with a special blessing/power of Talos being taken and destroyed by the Thalmor, or anything else... maybe just add it for completion of the Stormcloak questline? Or maybe the priestess in Windhelm could give you a hint to something? Etc etc...

That's too big for a DLC. Far too big. How would you take down an entire overnment, stretched far and wide across half of Tamriel and in numbers probably equal to the amounts of people living in all of Skyrim? Or maybe even more?
Such a task requires blood, war. The next one will be pretty bloody, but as long as Bugthesda won't put it into novels with scarce information, not to mention even fewer details, I won't mind. Make it a big game with plenty of Thalmor-slaughter, and everyone - especially those who really ended the Oblivion Crises in the game "Oblivion" - will be happy.
And please a mission with a jail break to free innocents from torture and worse, thank you very much.

As for the Thalmor presence in Dragonborn, I liked how they put it. They don't care at all for other cultures than their own, so randomly kidnapping people wasn't much of an issue. They could have made it bigger though, maybe see how the Thalmor try to get a few Dunmer on their side. They are elves as well, after all.

Agreed. Everything would have probably been better than Miraak's Blade. Can't even look at this... thing. It's as scary as Apocrypha itself.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts