Thieves Guild Quests - Have you finished?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
125 Side-quests!
At least 20 main quests
minimum 30 Influence quests
The stupid gems & crown

Sheesh! Is it any wonder that I've never actually become the head of the TG?

I just don't have the patience for that many fetch, plant, pick-pocket, etc... quests over and over and over.

I know it's good money, but, really?

Has anyone actually finished everything with the TG?

At least with DB, once you've got the Dawnguard Sanctuary, the rest is optional (it doesn't make a difference anyhow). With the Companions, or Dawnguard, or CoW or Bards College or whatever, there seems to be an end, but the TG? It just goes on and on and on.

Thoughts anyone?

Realize that I don't like stealing from people anyhow. I've always said that I'd rather kill you and loot your body than steal from you. :)

Rhew

The missing snow elf
I didn't realize there was more to do after the main quests. I never do side quests haha

Nephor The Shadow Stalker

Strike swiftly and silently.
I thought I did it once and got the armor but never got the trophy. This was during the time when the game first came out and my game was laggy and a pain to save and load at times. I know I have to do it again but I don't wanna damn it!:sadface:

Rhew

The missing snow elf

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I finished it completely once. Then started to finish it with another character but retired that one. I also had an argonian who decided he did not want to return the Skeleton key so he never really went back to the TG, in case they hit him up for it..haha

I found to do all those extra quests quickly (to get to guild master) you just decline the quests Delvin gives you until he gives you the city you want (doesn't make him happy but he gets over it), and then you can do the special city influence quest.

W'rkncacnter

Mister Freeze
Became guild master once. Collected the crown/stones once. I don't think they were on the same character.

I lose interest in my characters too quickly nowadays to repeat it.

sticky runes

Yeah, it takes forever. I suppose it's a good thing that you actually have to work to become leader of TG and DB, compared to the Mage collage and Companions who easily elevate you to being their leader, but I found it monotonous having to do all those fishing/heist/blah blah blah jobs one at a time. We don't even get any followers out of it, which sucks.

confessor

I always do a couple of sidequests between the main ones. That way once I've returned the skeleton key and all is well i can become guild master right away. It just doesn't feel right doing small things like robbing houses after everything you've been through. A quick and painless way I found of doing them is saving right before they give you a new quest and if it's in the wrong city just reload. Also, combine bedlam with sweep jobs - doing the ones for Vex will result in completing the ones for Delvin.

rlang290

A quick and painless way I found of doing them is saving right before they give you a new quest and if it's in the wrong city just reload.

An easier way is to just say no to a job in a town that you don't want. Vex and Delvin will complain but ask them again and they'll give you another quest. If it's in a town that you don't want, just say no again and repeat. They don't hold it against you. :)

confessor

A quick and painless way I found of doing them is saving right before they give you a new quest and if it's in the wrong city just reload.

An easier way is to just say no to a job in a town that you don't want. Vex and Delvin will complain but ask them again and they'll give you another quest. If it's in a town that you don't want, just say no again and repeat. They don't hold it against you. :)
Doesn't that count as a failed quest?

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
The Guild Master armor is only marginally better than similar types of armor that you can receive in the game. Personally, I don't think it's worth it.

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
Theres a specifiic reason why I don't complete the full questline, mainly an exploit, though I heard that if you restore the guild to its former glory, by Mercer freys desk will be a thieves guild personal chest which respawns items on a frequent basis. I might create a duplicate save to try it out myself sometime.

rlang290

Theres a specifiic reason why I don't complete the full questline, mainly an exploit, though I heard that if you restore the guild to its former glory, by Mercer freys desk will be a thieves guild personal chest which respawns items on a frequent basis. I might create a duplicate save to try it out myself sometime.

I think the chest in front of his desk is a "tribute" chest that the underlings put treasure in to pay tribute to the Guildmaster. I usually find several hundred septims and some flawless jewels and such. Not much really.

Wildroses

My second ever character completed the quest chain because I wanted to know how the story went. I managed to do all the City Influence Quests except Markarth. I always meant to return, but I got bored and never did. That particular character was a blacksmith enchanter alchemist which probably had something to do with it.

The Thieves Guild Story did not impress me enough to ever repeat. In fact it left me rather disgusted. I was not happy about having no choice but to sell my soul to Nocturnal to complete this quest. It kills roleplaying. It means you can only play characters who are okay with spending their afterlife serving Nocturnal then becoming a part of a mystical force helping living thieves. I tend not to roleplay characters with head injuries, so no Thieves Guild for me. It's not like Mercer was a hard boss. Couldn't they have just made him a harder fight if you didn't want to sell your soul?

I might have done the Stones of Barenziah quest if it hadn't been tied to the Thieves Guild, but as it is the stones are tainted with original sin, so screw it.

confessor

That chest never respawned for me :sadface:

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
That chest never respawned for me :sadface:
You weren't missing much. On a side note, where have I heard of female confessors before... There was a book series and a TV show, I think...

confessor

The Thieves Guild Story did not impress me enough to ever repeat. In fact it left me rather disgusted. I was not happy about having no choice but to sell my soul to Nocturnal to complete this quest. It kills roleplaying. It means you can only play characters who are okay with spending their afterlife serving Nocturnal then becoming a part of a mystical force helping living thieves. I tend not to roleplay characters with head injuries, so no Thieves Guild for me. It's not like Mercer was a hard boss. Couldn't they have just made him a harder fight if you didn't want to sell your soul?

I might have done the Stones of Barenziah quest if it hadn't been tied to the Thieves Guild, but as it is the stones are tainted with original sin, so screw it.
Huh, I think I'm one of the few people who enjoyed it. In fact, it's my favorite out of all them. I loved the whole chase - first Karliah, then *cough* spoilers *cough* Mercer. And while I can understand why you didn't like the bound to serve Nocturnal forever thing, I think it's quite unique. I've always hated how the Daedra are supposed to be all powerful and knowing and mortals are nothing more than puppets to them and still, somehow the player can get what they want or even betray them without any consequences whatsoever (e.g. Azura's quest). While here, in order to get the help of Nocturnal, you have to pay a price. Give yourself in order to succeed. Idk I just really like it, that's probably why I've done the TG questline more than any other.

Screw the stones of Barenziah though. I ain't doing that pl*ps.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts