• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I'm not completely sure if there is a thread for this already being as there are too many threads to go through. And the search on this site didn't help. So my apologies if there is already a thread. Feel free to post the link if you know of one.

I talked to Brynjolf & did the ring swap flawlessly. When I talked to him afterwards there was a strange glitch where he repeated himself twice & then the dialogue box closed. Ever since all he says is Hmm. So I cannot continue in order to join the Thieves Guild! I'm playing the PS3 version jus so everyone knows. Any help is appreciated.

ShadowHunter

Do you have a previous save not far from that point? If you do, I would recommend that. If not then try waiting 24 hours then see if he will talk

Do you have a previous save not far from that point? If you do, I would recommend that. If not then try waiting 24 hours then see if he will talk

Unfortunately I don't have a save near that point. I plan on switching to the PC version in about a month when I get home from vacation, so I wasn't being super-serious about my PS3 play through. Problem is that I wanted to Platinum Skyrim before I stopped playing on the PS3 for good. Kind of a final farewell to my PS3. Being as I can barely stand to play it anymore due to knowing the specs & functionality of the upcoming PS4.

Also it's been much longer than 24 hours in game since this happened.

The Laoch

He is the Prince of Order. Or was it biscuits?
I'm not completely sure if there is a thread for this already being as there are too many threads to go through. And the search on this site didn't help. So my apologies if there is already a thread. Feel free to post the link if you know of one.

I talked to Brynjolf & did the ring swap flawlessly. When I talked to him afterwards there was a strange glitch where he repeated himself twice & then the dialogue box closed. Ever since all he says is Hmm. So I cannot continue in order to join the Thieves Guild! I'm playing the PS3 version jus so everyone knows. Any help is appreciated.
Maybe try to go to the rat ways and see if any theives notice you as a member? Just a guess.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
On the PS3 the only solution is to reload a prior save. This is a bug so commonly experienced it's actually been dubbed the "Brynjolf Hmm" bug.

Out of curiosity is Drifa alive? She's the wife of Bersi Honey-Hand, the owner of the Pawned Prawn general goods store in Riften. Supposedly if she is dead it may trigger this bug.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts