THIEVES GUILD GLITCH. HELP PLEASE.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

prezz

ive completed the quest "loud and clear" for the thieves guild but it will not advance onto the next quest. Its was pretty far back so im not really sure what i can do about this. Please help??

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
Did you locate Brynhoff at the Ragged Flagon and hand him the Bill of Sale? If so you will need to go speak to Mercer Frey, then to Vex and Delvin Mallory. You should do side jobs (extra work) for them both and then after each job is completed, return to either Vex or Delvin (tell them the job is completed), and then Speak to Maven Black-Briar to start the Dampened Spirits quest. You may need to do a few side jobs for Vex and Delvin. I think I did. I completed the entire thing and was supposed to get the key to the room, which I did, but it's not in my inventory and I'm locked out. So, the Thieves Guild quests are a bit glitchy too.

prezz

Ive done all the side quests and special quests!! And i cant talk to mercer or brynolf they are both busy. Loud and clear is my last mission ive done for the guild. Its in my completed quests and it never gave me the dampened spirits quest.

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
It must be a glitch. Have you tracked down Maven Black Briar? From I can tell from the guide, I think she starts the next quest, but I'm not sure and can't remember what I did.

prezz

Anyone?? Bout to take this trash back for the show 12 if this isnt fixed. This game has so many bugs that can fluff up ur whole expirience. Its stupid really.

prezz

Yeah talked to maven man... She just has two options that dont do anything for me idk wat else i can do.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
This bug has been around since launch. If you take too long to speak to Maven Black-Briar the quest can glitch like this and unless you're playing on a PC there's nothing you can do but reload to a save from either very closely after completing Loud and Clear or before Loud and Clear and playing through that quest again.

If you are on a PC you can use a console command to skip the quest entirely and proceed to the next quest, but I recommend you load a prior save if you have one instead as using console commands can create future glitches.

prezz

I read thats its a bug. Although patch 1.4 is suppose to fix this problem, for me, it did not. =[ im gonna delete the patch and retry. I doubt it will work but at this point, ANYTHING is worth a try!!

prezz

Right on man. Well it wss fun. fluff this garbage its goin back to gamestop. Thanx for ur help. Wish i didnt wsste over 110 hours of my life on this crap for NOTHING.

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
If it's a glitch, try the patch downloads, if you haven't already. Still, this is what the guide says about Dampened Spirits, "You begin this quest with the previous objective (Loud & Clear) already active. Leave the Ragged Flagon and find Maven Black Briar. You can be as flippant or sycophantic as you like in your responses to this ale baroness......" I found her upstairs at the "Bee & the Barb". Also, In Loud and Clear, did you burn 3 beehives, steal the queen bee statue and get the Bill of Sale? Maybe the lack of one of those could have prevented progressing. If finding Maven and it won't begin Dampened Spirits, then yeah, I would go back to a previous save unfortunately.

Dagmar

The patch wont fix a quest that is already bugged. It fixes future playthroughs of the quest so the solution remains the same, i.e. reload a prior save.

prezz

Im on ps3 and im level 53. My last save is level 42 and the quest is completed still. Theres no hope. Ive been tryna fix this for a month.

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
Ahh. That's too bad. I've heard it could be done on xbox, and I've seen a few examples where they claim it works, but I wasn't sure and haven't tried it. Still, it would be laborious to go get a USB keyboard and take a chance with it. I guess the only thing is a previous save. Still, I hate to see you give up prezz. Maybe just chill on another game for awhile, and when the mood strikes you, try it again.

Dagmar

In order to do it on the Xbox you need to have either a flashed or JTAG Xbox. The former can get the Xbox banned and the latter is no longer common (but they are out there). I think it also requires burning an (illegal) copy of Skyrim modified with Skyrim ISO.

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
Yeah, that is really not worth it. The modder posts that I've seen neglect to mention that tidbit. Get banned and burn an illegal copy. Like a double foul.

prezz

I really hate to give up too man lol but theres nothing else. And that is a great idea to take a break and come bak... But this is that rite mow. Lol i let my friend borrow for almost three weeks, now im on it again and still nothing. So this issss my second time. Ive tried everything and nothing seems to work. Its just at a stand still and its dissappoiting to me cuz the guild and riften were my favorites. I cant get guild master, i cant get the skeleton key, i cant get the platinum trophy. Just cuz i didnt ask brynolf about maven in the dialogue scren? Seriously thats horse plops to me.

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
Well, the whole TES V thing was released with a lot of issues, and they've been constantly patching since. Maybe see how things play out for a few months and if the bugs are ironed out, you can always pick up a cheap pre-owned copy if you want to come back to it.

Dagmar

Most Bethesda games I've played are filled with bugs on release. The game experience is generally markedly better six months out after multiple patches have bee applied, which is why I never used to buy a Bethesda game until then (when I actually used to buy PC games).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts