1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Thieve's Guild, can't talk to Maven Black-briar

Discussion in 'Skyrim Help' started by Bones187, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Bones187

Bones187 New Member

So after you complete the quest when you have to burn the beehives, you go back, turn it in, get some money and the guy tells you to speak to this woman. Howver it does not update a quest, or give you a new quest, and when you try talking to her, NOTHING HAPPENS. Anyone else have this problem? Or find a solution to it?
  2. sputnik

sputnik New Member

Same problem here. In addition, I also had to use a code to complete the quest where you plant the ring on the person at the market, as the vendors wouldn't come out of the distraction that was created.
  3. kyln

kyln If only I cared

thats very odd. you are sure you did everything? burn the hives and got the paperwork from the safe? it should update after that.

i checked the wiki again for a bug like this but i never saw one :x
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Loud_and_Clear

my suggestion is to possibly reload back to an autosave in riften before you do the quest and redo it
  4. sputnik

sputnik New Member

Completed the quest, however after Loud and Clear is completed you are supposed to talk to Maven, however she doesn't have anything special to say.
  5. kyln

kyln If only I cared

actually you dont return to maven, you go back to brynjoth
  6. sputnik

sputnik New Member

Right, did that - the quest is completed. He mentions that Maven wants to talk business now, so I go there and she is still standing where she was for the distraction per the previous quest.
  7. kyln

kyln If only I cared

oh about the brewery. hrm. she doesnt initiate conversation with you at all?

sorry for the delay in comprehension, dealing with some frustrating issues myself hehe
  8. sputnik

sputnik New Member

Nope - she stays in the market with the other people who were part of that distraction for the first quest
  9. kyln

kyln If only I cared

i dont remember her being there at the beginning hrmmm... and if you go into the bee and barb upstairs she isnt there?
  10. sputnik

sputnik New Member

correct, she is stuck outside