Thieves guild bug?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ryoichui

HI all, well, i'm having a BIG issue with the thieves guild, at the very beginning as i was going to riverwood, a thieve attacked me, and tried to kill me on random, and now later in the game, i am trying to join the thieves guild, made it through planting the ring, already made it up to alduins wall in the main quest, and decided to join up, while i got to the ragged flaggon, and everyone was rather nice to me. until i go back into the ragged flagons cistern... where EVERYONE there attempts to kill me.. now i already deleted this save file, after reloading the quest about 5 times, attempting to get it to work right. all i would like to know is was it that one theif the reason everyone tried to kill me? or was it a really rare randsom glitch?

I don't think the thief that attacked you near Riverwood has anything to do with this. There are tons of random thieves in the game but only a small few are members of the guild.
If I remember correctly, you don't go back to the cistern until prompted after you earn more respect from the lazy guild in the Ragged Flaggon who do nothing but hang out and wonder why they aren't as relevant as when they actually did things.

You can anger one or more of the NPCs in the cistern though. One of them periodically tells me, "You come to me after all you have done?" I have no idea what I did to this person or his loved ones.

The same thing was happening to me at Dragon's Reach. I would go in there and everyone would attack me. I looked it up and learned it was a ghost/fake bounty glitch so I had to punch a guard, get arrested and pay a fine. After that they left me alone. If your problem is not simply that you have not done enough minor quests, hopefully there is a fix simular to what fixed my dragonreach issue.

Also, read this: Quest - Problem with Thieves Guild quest | Skyrim Forums
and the Thieves Guild bugs here:
Talk:Thieves Guild (Skyrim) - The Elder Scrolls Wiki

Ryoichui

in the words of lucan valerias, thank you so much, I was prompted to go back to the cistern, but when brynoff asked me to go with him, himself and everyone else attacked me. this being the third time i reloaded to join the thieves guild, he first time, brynoff wouldn't lead me back, and only would say: hmm? in which i went back to the cistern by myself, and can't remember is full name, just remembered he was "the fleet" and he told me to leave, and wanted privacy. the second time ,i crashed right on finding brynoff... anyway, thank you for your help and time, i will try again on the new save file. also, the thieft i killed was wearing the guild masters armor, which i thought was strange.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
If you haven't completed the quest "Taking Care of Business" you aren't supposed to go into the Cistern. If you have completed it then you have a bug that I've never read about.

Ryoichui

it seems to b a bug, probably to do with the new update :sadface: Because i did complete taking care of bussiness.

juniperbugg

Skyrim addict
Alot of the random thief's wear armour that looks like master guild armour. Unless the thief had a name I wouldnt worry also, if it had been a thief critical to the quest line you wouldnt of been able to kill him anyways. I think maybe you should try getting a bounty and clearing it. It might reset your character a lil and make it possible, if not leave the flaggon the way you came in (throught the ratway) and see if you can enter the cistern using the crypt entrance? see if theyre still hostile?

Ryoichui

Hi, i am playing on PC, and i THINK i figured it out, You see, i used a console command (tmm 1) to find all locations rather early in the game, i also have a mod for a custom castle, therefore my theory is that this particular glitch is caused by discovering locations you were not supposed to yet, making a coding error, which in turn cuased it to glitch, also, i finally figured why they attack me, when i wait, it says that i am trespassing, which to me backs up my theory, i have started a new save file, clean of all mods except my cosmetic (hair, skin, face, clothes) mods, i shall let you all know if this theory is correct.

juniperbugg

Skyrim addict
I have a thievs guild bug thats annoying me a bit, when im picking up jobs vex doesnt know the battle for whiterun has occured she keeps sending me to places that are burned out and i cant enter. I keep failing jobs its gettin quite annoying >.<

Ryoichui

Actually managed to confirm my theory, that i t was due to discovering the location before you were supposed to, a word of warning: do not use tmm 1 until after end of game :sadface: as to your issue juniper, My only idea is that the system for vex and the system for what i am going to assume was the stormcloak questline, Are not connecting to each other, causing vex to have a derp moment.. from what i realise, there is not a fix i would know of, sorry.

GaaramurX

HI all, well, i'm having a BIG issue with the thieves guild, at the very beginning as i was going to riverwood, a thieve attacked me, and tried to kill me on random, and now later in the game, i am trying to join the thieves guild, made it through planting the ring, already made it up to alduins wall in the main quest, and decided to join up, while i got to the ragged flaggon, and everyone was rather nice to me. until i go back into the ragged flagons cistern... where EVERYONE there attempts to kill me.. now i already deleted this save file, after reloading the quest about 5 times, attempting to get it to work right. all i would like to know is was it that one theif the reason everyone tried to kill me? or was it a really rare randsom glitch?
I had the same problem so I literally went through every mod in my mod list and found that the mod Vilskrag by Frammy01 was the mod that kept adding the theif outside of Riverwood and in turn after I deleted this mod I was able to continue the thieves guild quest line

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts