• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    That's great to hear! I'd hate for you to leave without trying the site out.

As for the subject of the role-play...

I may have an idea, actually. Give me a bit to get my thoughts in order and I should have something for you.

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    I agree!

Alright! It sounds like a future adventure to me!

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    I just heard from Kivuli, so that's good. I haven't asked her about participating yet, and I don't know if she has seen your message, but I'll bet she'll say yes when she does see it.

Anyway, do you have any problems with a plot based around the Thalmor as the main antagonist? With my characters, and the background that Eilonwy has with the organization, I feel like we could create a very interesting plot.

Of course, if you would prefer a different plot, I can come up with something else.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Sorry about the lack of details there. I want your opinion before I pursue the idea further.

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    Hopefully the message went through! I sent it via computer, so it might have glitched due to the issues, so I'll check again when I get the chance.

That sounds like an amazing plot! That would definitely give some interesting conflicts and plot developments!

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    I saw the message did not go through to Kivuli, but I did send another and made sure it truly did. So hopefully she will see it, then!

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    Hello! You too are helping technical difficulties, I see haha! What has Drake told you about the roleplaying stuff?

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Well, not much, actually.

SInce both of you are cool with a Thalmor-centric plot, I figured we should work on that.

Here's what I have so far:
    ==========================================

The civil war in Skyrim has finally reached the tipping point, each army growing tired of their adversary and the inability to make overt moves against them.

As the war claims more and more lives, and the men in women in power seem to drop like flies as cities are sacked, only to be retaken. The scars of war can be seen on every street, and in every face. Especially in the faces of the children, who have spent their entire lives around this war.

As the battles rage on, the Thalmor sit idle. They gleefully watch from their vantage as the men of Skyrim rip themselves apart. It is the golden opportunity for the Thalmor. With the empire heavily weakened in Skyrim, and the Stormcloaks hindered at every turn, Skyrim is ripe for the taking. The original goal of the Thalmor.

They never intended for the White-Gold Concordat to come to fruition, but they did not have the military might to wrest Skyrim from the hands of the Nords. However, they have been developing their ranks inside Skyrim. They plunder Skyrim's mines for moonstone, quicksilver, malachite, and ebony; making the displaced miners poor and blacksmiths poorer.

With the lack of fresh ore, the miners have lost work, the blacksmiths are not able to offer new wares, and merchants have little to sell. Trade and commerce have weakened as well.

The companions have been run out of Whiterun, the halls of Jorrvaskr turned into Thalmor barracks, and the Skyforge has been taken from Eorlund, to be used to craft the finest possible weapons for the Thalmor.

Though the Thalmor have begun to seep into all reaches of Skyrim, and have set up bases in near every city, the people of Skyrim do not seem to notice, their focus turned solely on the civil war.

As the war continues, people of value have been abucted for experimentation. Those with unusually high resistances, people with unruly strength, werewolves, vampires, and above all, hybrids. These people are studied in an effort to understand their abilities and transfer them to Thalmor soldiers.

In addition, anyone with knowledge of the Thalmor, or their plans is hunted down. If there is any chance that the plans of the Thalmor can be leaked, the person is killed. This paranoia extends even to familial members not a part of the Thalmor. In fact those are the worst, threatening to lessen the focus of Thalmor soldiers.

Also, powerful individuals are rooted out and given an ultimatim (I butchered the spelling there: Support the Thalmor, or be killed where you stand.
    ==========================================

This is what I have so far. What do you think?

Last edited:

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    Oh my-

An absolutely gorgeous and well-thought plot, I say!

It is stunning; really. This gives details that allow flexibility within them. For me, it is honestly perfect and if this is the final decision, I am very excited to work with you two and take part in such an amazing roleplay!

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Thank you for your kind words, Zelda!

Kivuli? What are your thoughts on this?

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    I figure that Elionwy would be targeted for a number of reasons, namely the fact that she is adamantly against the goals of her brother and father, and has been present for one Thalmor meeting.

Kivuli, out of all your characters, Kivuli would be targeted like none other. She is a hybrid and a werewolf, a high-ranking Stormcloak Officer, and the Listener of the Dark Brotherhood. Not to mention the fact that her family is very influential in Skyrim.

Of course, I want everyone's opinions on this before we move forward.

Kivuli_The_Khajit

Werewolf Queen of Skyrim
    LOVE IT TO PIECES. You are also so right on so many counts, Archer.

Markarth still stands without any Thalmor interference, thanks to the dwarven ruins underneath allowing for hiding and sneak attacking whenever the Thalmor try to take it for its own. Tis a haven for hybrids and any who are not Nord, Imperial, or High Elf in singular race. The Jarl is Zaraji Careesareeth, who ran the Silver-Bloods out after helping the Forsworn escape Cidha Mine. She's given the rights to the Reach back to the Forsworn, as long as they let her keep Markarth City itself. (She is pretty much Markarth's Maven Black-Briar while being a bit less cruel about it.)

The Dark Brotherhood still stands, with Kivuli Careesareeth as its Listener. She uses it as a safe haven for anyone running from the Thalmor (Except for High Elves and Imperials. Altmer cannot be trusted and she's still very sore about what Commander Maro did to her Brotherhood.)

I have three Hybrids at the ready.

Kivuli Careesareeth: Khagonian (90% Khajiit, 10% Argonian)
    Lazgl gra-Narzulbur: Khasimer (90% Khajiit, 10% Orsimer)
    Falion: (90% Khajiit, 10% Altmer)

Lazgl is my healer, she travels around with Archer's character Ahvulon/Vol.
    Falion was raised in the Thalmor from birth to see if a Khajiit's sneak and a Dagi-raht's magic skill coupled with an Altmer's would make a deadly warrior to use on the enemy)

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    Wow... So much lore, my little fangirl heart is screaming! Beautiful plots everywhere!

I agree Kivuli! Having certain places taken by the Thalmor, and certain places not, adds to the horror of one simply traveling, or even trying just to survive. Almost every location is filled with the paranoia or control of the Thalmor, which adds to the ordeal.

Yes Archer! It would definitely be interesting for Eilonwy; being a pure Altmer, it would be understandable to gain hatred from others, and overall accusations of being affiliated with the Thalmor. Also with her father and brother, if they learn of her family name, the Thalmor may either try to recruit her, or despise her as well. Interacting with Kivuli's characters and their distrust of the Altmer will definitely be an interesting one!

Such an amazing plot! I wish I could add more to it, but currently, it seems perfect as is!

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Thanks for the kind words you two!

There's just a few things I need to make note of, I renamed Ahvulon/Vol to White-Wolf, and Ryder is spelled with an "E" instead of an "A." Also, I'm making both Tobias and Ryder members of the Nightingale Trinity inside the Thieves Guild (The third Nightingale - The Agent of Strife - of the Trinity is dead).

I will be using three characters for this:

- Ryder Xaosopor:
    (75% Argonian, 25% Khajiit)

Nightingale Agent of Stealth

His blood is 50% vampiric, (inherited from his Father) but he shows few signs of that. I'll go into more detail about that in his CC.

- Tobias Careesareeth:
    (Khajiit perma-lycan called an "Abomination")

Nightingale Agent of Subterfuge

Younger brother to Kivuli, estranged from the rest of his family.

- White-Wolf:
    (Frost Dragon turned Winged Argonian)

Low-ranking member of the Dawnguard, student of the College of Winterhold, and freelance mercenary.

I'm toying with a few ideas for White-Wolf, but I want your opinions on these ideas before I choose one of them.

1.) White-Wolf could be a member of the Dark Brotherhood (under Kivuli) instead of a Freelance Mercenary. It makes sense that a successful mercenary would eventually be contacted by the Brotherhood.

2.) Make White-Wolf the third member of the Nightingale Trinity with Tobias and Ryder. The Nightingale Agent of Strife suits his abilities and his fighting-style well.

I'll explain each character further in their respective CC's.

I will have an OOC thread up soon, and we can make any changes to the plot there and post all of the character CC's there.

Once we have our CC's posted, and an idea for how we want to start, I will make the IC thread and we'll start role-playing.

If either of you have a title, it would be appreciated.

Sound good?

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    Sounds perfect! I'll try to think of a title in the mean time (and also come up with another character!)

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    The Agent of Stealth?

Yeah, now that I think about it, he is always in Nightingale armor. Sorry about that, Kivuli, I'll make a few changes to reflect that.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Ok, so that woud have the Trinity consist of Kazasha as the Agent of Stealth, Tobias as the Agent of Subterfuge, and Ryder as the Agent of Strife. (I didn't even think when I wrote out my post this morning, sorry about that.)

Actually, that ends up working better than what I had. It involves Kazasha (because I had no idea what he normally does), which helps with Ryder's character development and backstory. Plus, the current backstory I have for Ryder would actually make more sense when aligned with the Nightingale Agent of Strife.

However, that still leaves White-Wolf, and to be frank, I'm not sure where I want him just yet.

There's always the Dark Brotherhood, which would more closely involve him with the Careesareeth and Narzulbur lines. But, I'm not sure how you have Lazzie aligned with the Dark Brotherhood, so there are some possible problems if I choose to go that route with Wolf.

Kivuli_The_Khajit

Werewolf Queen of Skyrim
    Thanks. Yeah, Stealth. Makes feeding easier for him to get away with. Kazasha only stays in Skyrim for long periods of time if the Twilight Sepulcher is threatened.

Lazzie has some issues with the DB, as she has an issue with death in general but unlike bandits the DB doesn't kill indiscriminately. So she could stomache White-Wolf being in that organization as long as she didn't have to join herself.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts