Theives Guild quest bugged? "Dampened Spirit" (Xbox 360)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sick Nicks

I cannot get the quest Dampened Spirit because Brynolf wont give it me. I found its because of a bug that has since been fixed where if i dont ask him a certain question I can never obtain the quest.

Does anyone know of anyway at all i can overcome this problem without starting a new game as I have over 100 hours of gameplay.

Please help, thanks

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I have not been able to find any way around this problem so far but I'll keep looking. You asked why Maven wants to meet you?

Sick Nicks

No that's why I haven't got the quest apperentely before it got patched if you don't ask that question you don't get the quest. I don't understand why it can't just get patched so you can talk to brynjolf again to get the quest, it's ridiculous

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
I'll have a look at this quest later today & try it with both a new character as well a character on an old save & see what is happening.

Sick Nicks

I am still looking for help regarding this. There might not even be a way to fix this but I will be forever greatful for help in overcoming this problem.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
I cannot get the quest Dampened Spirit because Brynolf wont give it me...

Perhaps this is why?

dampened.jpg

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
Going back to the quest before, Loud and Clear, you gave the Goldenglow Estate Bill of Sale to Brynjolf? You did burn the correct number of bee hives right?

Is the Thieves Guild entrance (the one in the graveyard) now open to you? Can you fast travel to it?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Since you're not playing on a PC your only option is to reload a game that is prior to your dialogue with Brynjolf at the end of Loud and Clear.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts