• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

ultimatedovahkiin

Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.
The Fallen God (cropped).jpgthe wrath of talos.jpg

Background​
Riots begin to break out everywhere when Talos, the hero-god of man, announces that he plans to take over the Empire and kill the Divines thus making him the sole god-ruler of Tamriel. Why would such an honored individual do such a thing? Has his humans side finally been corrupted? Argon and his friends know they have to do something, but what? Can they just kill him? Is that even possible? Is that even a good idea, to kill the man that so many lives were lost in honor of? They have to do something soon or many people will die and if Talos wins, then Tamriel will be ruled by a corrupted tyrannical individual. As The Heroes of Tamriel battle to stop Talos and keep the rioters from toppling the Empire themselves, darker forces seem to be at work and a battle is about to begin that will change the history of Tamriel forever.​
Characters:​
argon blackreach.jpg Argon​
Nerevar (edited).jpg Nerevar​
Sheogorath (edited).jpgSheogorath​
Fayen (edited).jpgFayen​
Garnin (edited).jpgGarnin​
Kara 2 (cropped).jpgKara​
talos (cropped).jpgTalos​
Chapters:​
Chapter release speed: I am going to try a new thing for this story and I will continue using it if it works well. I am going to post chapter 1 today, but then there will probably be a few weeks in between chapter 1 and chapter 2, the reason for this being that I am going to be writing a few chapters so I will always be ahead of you in this story. That way, I can possibly avoid another big gap in between chapters like with Return of the Dwemer because I will always have another chapter to put up each weekend and in the time I am not writing you will still be getting chapters and I will be able to attempt to get over my writer's block or whatever it is that would be keeping me from writing/releasing chapters. Hopefully that won't be an issue though because a big reason why I didn't write ROTD for so long was because I didn't enjoy it because I had messed it up so badly, but now I have a clean slate for this one and hopefully I won't screw this one up either.​
Rating: This chapter has an 18+ tag due to violence and gore, and because Argon and Kara will be hooking up a few times.​
Notes: Please do your best to always leave a review or at the very least a like after each chapter as yet another reason for the ROTD break was a lack of reviews and I was uninspired it write. Believe me, reviews REALLY do help, I'm not writing this story just for me, it's for everyone who reads it and I have to know how the people it is being written for are enjoying it, if I don't know anyone's thoughts then I think no one is reading it and I feel that I'm just wasting my time and I don't write. So please, leave a review, it doesn't have to be long it can be a brief little statement or a large paragraph, I don't care which. At the very least, if you don't feel like typing a review, the PLEASE at least leave a like or something on the chapter.​
PLEASE READ THIS: If you read nothing else on this information post, at least read this. This is the single most important thing in this post. I am not going to lie to you, there WILL be lore breaking in this story. Obviously there will be if Talos is evil, but I have a reason for this. Now, I think the extent of lore breaking will be evil Talos, but there will possibly be minor ones like Fayen & Dibella (okay not so minor). Just trust me, I have plans for all of this, those plans may not take effect this story, maybe not even next but if not then it contributes to my next series after this one. In the next story, I am doing my best to completely understand the lore surrounding a central thing and though I get confused at times, I will do all I can to make that lore as perfect as possible so that I do not anger any of you. IF YOU CANNOT handle the lore breaking in this story, which I apologize for the breaking, then PLEASE just stop reading it, don't send me an angry message or leave an review or something that has something to do with how the lore is shattered. You have been warned of the lore-breaking, you have been given a way out, it is no longer my fault if you get mad or annoyed, if you didn't read this it still isn't my fault because I have left this message, I put PLEASE READ THIS in all caps, and I made sure to say that this way the most important part of this informational post and should be read if nothing else. Now, I do strongly apologize for the lore-breaking and I do apologize if it angers you, believe me I understand why it would I'm not at all trying to say anything bad about you getting mad, I understand completely. Hopefully, it won't go much past evil Talos and Fayen & Dibella.​
Finally, please enjoy the story.​
Other Stories by me, also a part of the Heroes of Tamriel series:​
____________________________________________________________________​

ultimatedovahkiin

Chapter 1: Trapped!

The six heroes: Argon, Fayen, Nerevar, Garnin, Sheogorath, and Kara, were all trapped and unable to move up in the Heaven's of Sovngarde. The room was dimly lit by the blue fires in on the stone pedastals in each corner of the large room. The room had a blusish glow to it, despite it seeming so bright and radiant from down below in Sovngarde. That glow was probably caused by the radiance of the Divines, but at the moment there was only one Divine in the room, one Divine with one horrible plan. Talos had claimed to have caused the heroes to fall into his "trap" which involved binding their wrists and ankles and forcing each of the to be stuck and unable to move in the shape of a giant X.

"Talos, what are you doing? What happened here?" Argon asked the Divine.

"Isn't it obvious? I've trapped you. Prevented you from interferring with my plans for this world. As for what happened here, you should probably be able to guess that it had something to do with me. Yes, I was the one who attacked Sovngarde and wounded Tsun and nearly burned down the Hall of Valor. It was all me." Talos answered Argon.

"But why? You're a Divine, I don't understand why you would do that." Argon said.

"Because dear fellow Dovahkiin, I have great plans, and they involve the conquering of Tamriel." Talos explained.

"But haven't you yah know, been there, done that?" Argon asked.

"Yes, but that was while I was in my mortal form. I eventually died and lost ownership of the Empire, it was passed down and eventually reached Martin Septim who as you know sacrificed himself and is now Akatosh."

"It seems like grandparents always seem to work with their grandchildren." Sheogorath said.

"Too true Tamiir. Except now, I no longer work with mine, he is no longer necessary. I will rule this land all by myself. The Septim line of Emporers may have ended, but it will start up again. I will dispose of the Emperor and the Divines. Especially the Divines. Then, I will rule Tamriel as the god-emperor! This has been my plan the whole time. Become a Divine and defeat death. Then, when the time is right, I will destroy the Divines and take back my Empire! Take back MY world!!!"

"Holy plops Talos.... I can't believe you. This whole time. And we all trusted you!" Argon yelled trying to thrust himself forward and break out of his binds.

"Don't waste your energy Argon. Those binds are VERY strong and WILL hold you."

Argon stared into the face of the man he had once trusted and admired. His long blond hair hung down past his neck but stopped right before the back, the top of his head was covered by a silver helmet that seemed to have two wings coming off of the side and a crescent circle going over the top of the helmet. His silver armor had thick shoulders perfect for stopping a sword and long silver gauntlets that started at about the elbow and traveled down to his hands. In the middle of the armor made out of gold was the symbol of the Empire and underneath were what appeared to be two more wings followed by a blob of golden curvy lines. The curiass had a silver skirt that stopped about halfway down the top of the legs before the knees and had a small blue skirt the protruded from behind the metal skirt and went down about another inch. He had layered metal plates going down his legs that stopped at about the knee right above the silver boots. Both the boots and metal sheets were outlined by gold and in the middle of the boots swirls were carved into the front. Talos' eyes were a striking blue color even though now they were so corrupted with evil that they should probably be red.

"I can't believe you are doing this...." Argon said giving up and slumping down in the binds.

"Well you'd better get used to it. After I take over, I will shape this world to be the perfect place. That this ruined land that the Divines have turned it into." Talos said.

"No, you will be stopped Talos. I don't care if you're a god or not, I've defeated other powerful beings, I-- we, will stop you." Argon said.

"No, no you won't. You know how I know? Because I have already defeated the Divines. Do you see them anywhere around here? No? You know why? Because I fought and defeated them. They fled out of fear." Talos said.

Suddenly, there was a loud crash and glass shards flew everywhere as Odahviing flew up from the glass circle that was in front of the thrones. The dragon stopped and saw the six heroes stuck and unable to move. He blasted a spout of fire at Talos and then whacked him into the wall with his tail. This caused Talos to lose focus and the heroes broke off the bindings. Odahviing stuck out his tail for them to climb on and they ascended it and sat on his back, holding tightly to his sharp scales.

Odahviin flew down and out of the hole in the floor. An angry Talos regained his wits and stood at the top of the hole to the Heavens of Sovngarde and started shooting off fireballs at the heroes. Odahviing was doing his best to dodge them as he looked for a way out.

"Dovahkiin," Odahviing said, "I can't find a way out."

"Sheo, now would be a REALLY good time to do something!!" Argon yelled.

"On it!" Sheogorath replied and he snapped his fingers.

--------
Odahviing was floating right outside of Lakeview Manor. The dragon landed outside of the house and let the heroes off.

"Thanks Odah." Argon said to his dragon.

Odahviing flew up in the air and landed on top of the Alchemy tower.

"This is your house?" Kara asked and she grabbed on to Argon's arm and hugged it tight.

"Yeah, and we can go inside and rest. Then we'll figure out what to do about a certain god." Argon said.

The heroes walked inside the house and into the main hall. A sense of home came over each of them, especially Argon since he'd built the place completely by himself. There was a great chandelier made of goat horns hanging from the ceiling above a table in the center of the room with a various assortment of foods on it. The food had probably all gone bad during Argon's abscence, but food was food and when you'd been living in a cave for the past few weeks it didn't matter the condition of the food as long as you got actual real food. The heroes sat down in the wooden chairs and pulled up to the table. For the first time in days they were having an actual meal and not just a snack before they go on a dangerous mission the next day.

They were about haflway through the meal when there was a loud crashing coming from the basement downstairs. The six heroes shot up and grabbed their weapons. Fayen with his bow, he still didn't have arrows for, Argon with the Infinity Sword, Sheogorath with the Sword of the Crusader, Garnin with his battleaxe, Kara with her broken sword, and Nerevar who had his new weapons and gauntlets, Keening, Sunder, and Wraithguard. Argon took the lead and opened the trapdoor to the dark room below. As he lifted the door there was a loud creak then they descended into the darkness.

Argon had memorized the location of each sconce over the years and so he pulled out a fire spell and shot a small bolt at each sconce and lit them. Light filled the room and the heroes could see. Tied up to a wooden post was a practice dummy, there were counters that using the wall made a square that would have been completed if there had been one more but that was the entrance to the green carpeted area. In the back of the area lining the shelves was barrel after barrel of wine and mead. Lining the other side of the wall across the room was a big stone shelf and on the shelves were candles, but between each candle were nine shrines. One to each of the Divines. Argon walked up to the Talos one and raised his fist above it. He readied himself, but he couldn't bring himself to do it, he couldn't smash the shrine. He dropped his fist to his side and out of the corner of his eye he saw a figure.

Argon walked into the back room where he had his forge and kept supplies like food and building forging tools. In the back room as if they were trying to hide, were eight people. The Divines. All except for Talos.

"Let me guess." Argon said, "You're hiding from Talos?"

Each Divine nodded his/her head.

mattizcool

Flying lawnmowers are cool.
I wouldn't call it lore-breaking, just an alternate world.

Really though, I like what you are doing here. Keep it up.

ultimatedovahkiin

I wouldn't call it lore-breaking, just an alternate world.

Really though, I like what you are doing here. Keep it up.

Thank you, that's actually a really good way of looking at it! And if I keep going at my current rate, (almost done with ch 3) then I should have the next chapter up by next weekend.

ultimatedovahkiin

I've got good news!!! I'm almost done mapping out the story, there are just a few chapters that I need to come up with ideas for, but I'm sure when I reach those chapters and see what I've done so far, I'll be able to instantly come up with ideas. Also, I just finished writing chapter 4, and I expect to have through chapter six (maybe even further) done by the end of the week, meaning that if I can get through chapter six then I will allow myself to start releasing chapters! One small note, to ensure that this story doesn't take as long as 13 weeks and I can get to the next one quickly, I WILL for at least two weekends, release two chapters. One of those weekends will almost surely be done with chapters 12 & 13 so you don't have to wait too long to see how it all ends. Also, after the story is over, there will probably be a week or two break in between this story and the next one so that I can get some mapping/writing done and there won't have to be a break between ch 1 & 2. Also it'll add anticipation for the story too. Anyways, have a nice night, or day depending on where you are! Dovah out.

ultimatedovahkiin

Chapter 2: Talos

Once again, the six heroes sat gathered around the table, except this time they were joined by eight others. Akatosh, Kynareth, Dibella, Mara, Stendarr, Arkay, Julianos, and Zenithar. All fourteen of them were squeezed tightly around the table with barely any arm room and no leg room. Kara had gone so far as to pull her legs on to the chair with her and sit on top of them. Argon sat next to Kara holding her small soft hand.

The light of the chandelier bathed the table is a bright shade of yellow, giving the normal colored food into a golden appearnace. Argon looked around the table at the worried looks on everyone's faces. They had good reason to worry, Talos the hero-god of man and the patron of heroes had turned against his friends and attempted to kill them. If the god of heroes was able to turn evil, then does that mean that would happen to the team? Would they all turn evil and attack the people and place they'd spent their entire lives trying to protect? Plus, THE DIVINES WERE SCARED and if they of all people were scared of someone, so scared to the extent that they would hide in Argon's basement, then clearly this was not a force to be reckoned with.

"We saw a side of Talos in there... A side we never expected to see... How could such a great man turn so bad?" Akatosh asked rhetorically.

"And the power he displayed, I've never seen anything like it." said Julianos.

"And don't forget the thick feeling of evil that surrounded him, that may have been the worst part." said Zenithar.

"Start from the beginning, tell us what happened. All of it starting at the moment Talos attacked you." Argon said.

Akatosh began to tell the story.

~~~~~~~~
"Talos had been acting weird for quite a while, pretty much ever since the battle with Apocapher, he had been saying weird things, talking different, sometimes he would be sitting in his throne whispering to himself, and he seemed much more violent than usual. We figured it just had something to do with his mortal side and so we payed no attention to it. That day in the White Tower, his request to completely wipe out the Dwemer, it seemed strange to us also but he is the god of war and since it was a war against the Dwemer we figured he knew best and so we didn't say anything about it. The whole time you were gone he was acting strange and it kept getting worse. He would randomly get up and start pacing around the room in front of the thrones. Again, we played it off as being something different. This time we figured it was just that he was anxious and worried about the mission since the power of the heart was clouding out vision into Blackreach. Then finally, just today when Nerevar severed the Heart of Lorkhan's power again, we were able to see what was going on. We watched as the Kalumidium burned in the lava and the Heart drowned, then we watched as Argon fought and defeated Kagrenac. Talos seemed to suddenly become happy about the battle, and who wouldn't be? You had just saved Tamriel yet again. But then, when Argon decieded to spare the Dwemer instead of kill all of them, Talos became angry and he attacked us. We fought against him and did our best to defend Sovngarde, but he was too powerful and we felt ourselves fading.

"The eight of us got scared because none of us should be more powerful than the other, but somehow Talos was. So, out of fear and confusion, we fled and came to hide out here. I'm assuming that from what you have told us, Talos decided to burn the Hall of Valor and wound Tsun as a sign for you six to beware. He obviously knew you were coming, but the part I am really confused about is why he decided to trap you and not just kill you."

~~~~~~~~
"Well I sure as plops have no idea." Argon said.

"Perhaps he's not as powerful as we think he is. We only FELT ourselves fading, but never actually died. Maybe Talos really isn't all that powerful." Zenithar said.

"I don't know Zenithar," said Julianos, "he shouldn't have even made us FEEL like we were about to die."

"So what do we do? We have to find him, but how?" Garnin asked.

"We have no choice, we have to wait for him to resurface. It doesn't matter how long it will take, Talos WILL return, and when he does, we need to be ready. It will not be an easy fight but it is a necessary fight. Talos is far too powerful to let run free causing havoc. Also, let's try to keep this on the down low. If the nords find out theri hero-god has gone insane and is now a homocidal maniac, they will go crazy. I think the whole Empire will go crazy, so many lives have been lost in his honor there will be more than just a few angry people if they find out about this." Argon said.

ultimatedovahkiin

Chapter 3: Falkreath

3 MONTHS LATER.

Lakeview Manor had become cramped over the past three months. If it wasn't bad enough that six people planned to all squeeze together in a house, that despite its size it didn't have much room, eight gods planned to stay in there also! Fourteen people all in one house. Needless to say, it became a mess and food was used up quickly.

There was a little garden outside the house that would support Argon, Kara, and Argon's adopted daughters when they came to visit, but with fourteen people that garden lasted only two weeks. So, naturally, Argon had to make a frequent runs to Falkreath to get food. Today was one of those days.

As Argon was preparing the carriage and horses, he was approached by Kara.

"Mind if I come with you this time? I need to get out of that house." she asked.

Argon looked at his girlfriend, taking a moment to take in her beauty. Kara had removed the side braid from her hair and now had most of her hair tied and flung around her shoulder. There were a few places of her brown hair that she had missed when tying it back, but Argon didn't mind, it actually made her look even better.

"Sure." Argon said, "Climb aboard."

~~~~~~~~
For a little while they rode in silence only listening to the CLOP CLOP CLOP of the horses' hoves. Argon had removed his mask and felt the nice warm feeling of the sun on his cheeks, the slight warm breeze blowing through his hair, and he got to fully see and take in his surroundings. It was the time of year in which the green leaves of the trees took on different colors and drifted peacefully to the floor below, Argon sometimes wished his life could be like that of a leaf's not ever having to worry about monsters, or vampires, dragons, or evil gods, they just got to sit around and blow in the wind. The only thing they had to fear was a horse's hoof.

There were times in which Argon despised his life. He hadn't chosen to be the Dragonborn, he hadn't chosen to have the greatest power in the world. No, the Divines had chosen that without his consent. However, he had chosen to use that power and to protect his world and the people in it. That, was his choice, he had chosen to fulfill his destiny and even when that was done he had chosen to keep helping people and to keep using the power of the Voice to keep the world safe, and even though it was a hard life filled with danger and regret, Argon wouldn't have it any other way.

Argon turned to look over at Kara and watch her for a moment. She had her eyes closed and he head raised high, the breeze blew against her face and made her hair fly back. The radiant sun made her skin shine and it cast a nice light around her whole body. Kara felt someone looking at her and she slowly lowered her head and opened her eyes. She looked over at Argon and saw him looking at her.

"Everything okay?" she asked.

"Everything's fine. Just checking on yah." Argon said.

"Well, I'm okay. Are you?"

"What do you mean? Didn't you just ask me that?"

"I mean, aren't you scared? Talos was a hero to all the nords, he was so great that the Divines made him their ninth. Now he's evil and planning on taking over Tamriel and killing the Divines. Plus, he has the same powers as you. He IS the Ultimate Dragonborn. Not to put you down, you are pretty ultimate yourself, but Talos is a god his Thu'um is stronger than yours, he could easily tear you apart." Kara said.

"I know. He's me, but stronger. Am I scared though? No. I'm angry. How can someone so honored, so revered, so great, become so bad? How can someone like that, someone that all men, and even some elves, look up to plan on doing something like this? What is it he REALLY wants? Power? Fame? He already has those, unless he is getting greedy which is highly possible, I think there might be more to it than that. He has to have an ulterior motive, something worse, more evil, and that is why I am mad. That Talos of all people, can plan something so evil." Argon said, "Does that answer your question?"

"Yeah, it does." Kara looked forward.

~~~~~~~~
As they were riding along, again listening to silence, they came across a merchant being mugged. The poor guy had been pushed off of his horse by bandits and was now being beaten and his belongings were being taken. Argon pulled the carriage right up next to the man and the bandits, they didn't notice him.

"Hey!" Argon said.

The bandits turned around, instantlly they recognized Argon as the Dragonborn.

"Leave him alone."

The bandits laughed and started to approach Argon. One of them even went as far as to put his hands on Kara. The woman broke the bandit's nose with her fist. This angered the rest and they took more steps forward. Argon looked straight at them, and they looked into his eyes. They saw the anger and the rage building up inside of the man, and they realized this was not a good time to attack him. Argon acted like he was about to get up from the carriage and the bandits dropped the merchant's things and ran off over the hill into the woods. Argon sat back down.

The merchant scrambled to his feet and gathered up his things.

"Th-thank you, Dragonborn." the man said and he ran over to shake Argon's hand.

"You're welcome, here take this gold as payment for the items they broke, and as compensation for being mugged." Argon handed the merchant a fat sack of gold.

"I cannot take this from you, it is yours. Besides, you had nothing to do with any of my items breaking keep the gold." the merchant tried handing the sack to Argon, but Argon pushed it away.

"Keep it, I'm the Dragonborn, if I need more gold I 'll go kill a couple giants or something and collect the Jarl's bounty."

Argon cracked the reigns and the horses continued forward towards Falkreath.

"Argon," Kara said, "that man was a merchant, why didn't we just buy all of his items off him so we can get back sooner?"

"Because, I want to stay out of that house as long as I can." Argon said.

~~~~~~~~
Eventually the carriage reached the gate to Falkreath. Argon parked the carriage outside the gate and tied the reigns of the horses to a post. Argon and Kara walked into the city.

"So what do we need to get?" Kara asked.

Argon showed her the long list of food items he had compiled.

"You think they have all that?" Kara asked.

"I hope so." Argon said.

"You know what I don't get?" Kara asked him.

"What's that?"

"Why the Divines need to eat, and why they can't just conjure up their own food or have Kyne grow a few trees with fruit for us to eat."

"I thought about suggesting that, but then I realized if they did that then I wouldn't get to leave that crazy house."

"Don't you think they would have thought about it themselves? They're pretty smart."

"I think their fear of Talos is clouding their judgement." Argon seemed to have an answer for everything.

~~~~~~~~
Argon held the door to Gray Pines Goods open for Kara, she walked in the place and Argon followed lightly shutting the door behind him.

"Ah, Argon so great to see you again." said Jolus, the son of Solaf the previous owner of the shop.

"Hello again Jolus, great to see you." Argon said as he shook the man's hand.

"And who is this beautiful lady?"

"My name is Kara. Argon and I are courting."

"Ah, well Argon is a very lucky man." Jolus said, and he knelt down on one knee, grabbed Kara's right hand and kissed the back of it.

"Well someone is friendly." Kara joked.

"I try to treat my customers with the utmost respect." Jolus informed her.

"A respectful man, I admire that." said Kara.

"Ah, Argon you sure can pick 'em." Jolus said, "So what'll it be for you today?"

Argon handed Jolus the list.

As Jolus looked at the list he shook his head and without looking up from the list he said, "Argon, how do you run out of all these things so quickly?"

"We've had a few extra mouths to feed." Argon answered.

"You must have more than a few if you have a list this big. Who are all you feeding, giants?"

"Six heroes, including me, and eight other people."

"Well, I have good news and bad news. The good news is, I have most of the items on this list, however I am fresh out of chocolate covered sweet rolls." Jolus told him.

"Sheo's gonna be a little upset. It's okay just give me what you've got." Argon said.

"Why can't Sheo conjure this stuff up for us?" Kara asked.

Argon already had an answer, "The last thing he tried to conjure up messed up and he came out with some animal that has never been seen before in Tamriel."

"You mean Thadon? His sloth? I was wondering where that thing came from." Kara said.

"Well now you know."

"Okay you two, here you go, I've put everything in this chest, have a nice night." Jolus plopped a large chest up on the counter.

Argon handed Jolus a large sack of coins like he'd given the other merchant, then Argon picked up the heavy chest and he and Kara left the store.

~~~~~~~~
Argon gently put the chest down and the carriage seemed to lower down a little bit under the weight of the chest. He grabbed the rope off of the side of the carriage and used it to tie down the chest so that it wouldn't come off as they were driving.

"Huh, it's already getting dark." Argon said.

"Yeah, we'd better hit the road before we run out of daylight." Kara said.

"Or we couldn't."

"Huh?"

"Come on, why don't we just stay here for the night? Rent a room at the inn, you and I can have some alone time away from that crazy house, just for the night." Argon suggested.

"Are you sure that's a good idea? What if something happens?"

"If Talos was going to attack the Manor, then he would have done it three months ago, but he hasn't. So obviously, he doesn't want to." Argon said.

"But what if the reason he hasn't attacked was because you were there?"

"You said it yourself, Talos is more powerful than me, and he knows it. I have the highest of doubts that I'M the reason the Divines are still living. Come on, please Kara? We can leave first thing in the morning."

"Okay, let's do it." Kara said.

"Yes!" Argon yelled maybe a little too loud.

~~~~~~~~
The next morning, Argon awoke in bed in the Dead Man's Drink Inn. Snuggled up next to him was a naked Kara, the bed was a little cramped since it was only meant for one person and he had her both had to try to fit. Argon's arm was over Kara's body holding her tightly upclose to him. Argon sat up a little and kissed Kara on the head.

"Good morning." Kara whispered.

"Good morning to you too. How about you and me go and get some breakfast and then hit the road?" Argon said.

"Sounds good." Kara lifted up Argon's arm and gave it back to him.

Kara stood up and threw her black shirt back on and tied her red sash then picked up her pants from the floor and put those on too, then she slid her feet into her shoes. Her hair was a mess and hung around her shoulders, but she didn't care she could fix that on the carriage. Argon got up also and threw his armor back on but didn't but Konahrik on and instead slid it in his side pouch so that he could eat.

"Hey, so I got you something from the store yesterday." Argon said.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, check that wardrobe." Argon said.

Kara opened the wardrobe and pulled out a folded cloth. She set it down on the table and unfolded it. Sitting on the cloth was the most beautiful sword she had ever seen. It was three different shades of blue. It had a dark blue handle, a lighter blue blade and hand protector, but along the sharp edge of the blue were beams lines of bright blue and white that seemed to flow up to the tip of the blade. The blade itself was curved like a scimitar and it seemed to have an icy effect to it.

"I had it specially ordered for you last time I was here. It was crafted at the Skyforge in Whiterun." Argon told her.

"Oh Argon, it's beautiful. Thank you so much, I love it." Kara grabbed Argon and kissed him.

"Well you needed a new sword since your last one broke." Argon said shrugging.

"Let's go get some food." Kara told him and she hung her sword from her side on her sash.

The pair walked out into the tavern area and sat at the bar. There was a grim feel to the inn. The bard wasn't singing, there was whispering, and barely anyone was moving. The bartender slowly walked over to the bar and in a quiet, yet worried voice, asked what they would like.

"Two meads, and some bread please." Argon told him.

The bartender reached under the bar and pulled out two meads, then he walked over to the sheld and grabbed two loaves of bread and brought them to Argon.

"Thank you my good man." Argon said and he slid six coins across the counter.

The bartender pocketed the money and walked off.

Argon listened two the whispeing between two men and the other end of the room as he ate his bread.

"... shipping all across Tamriel, the courier only ships places that aren't in Cyrodiil if there is an emergency. Wonder what's going on."

"I should get me a copy, something terrible must be happening."

"Divines save us all."

Argon called the bartender over.

"Yes? Is there something you require?" the bartender asked in the same voice as earlier.

"You wouldn't happen to have a copy of the Blackhorse Courier, would you?" Argon asked.

"No, we ran out during the night. Won't get another shipment until later tonight. Damn shame written in that thing, gods save us." the bartender answered.

"Okay, thank you." Argon said.

"What do you think happened?" Kara asked.

"I don't know, but I don't like the sound of it." Argon said.

Argon and Kara finished up their meal and Argon left a small tip at the bar and they walked towards the door of the tavern. At the table next to the door was a passed out and drunken nord wish his head on the table. Underneath his head with drool on it was a copy of the Blackhorse Courier. Argon lifted up the man's head and pulled out the newspaper. He shook off the drool and then walked outside.

Outside the sky was a dark gray and it was raining hard.

"Let's see what all this fuss is about." Argon said.

He lifted up the paper to his head to read the main story, then he froze and dropped the paper. It fell and landed with a splash in a puddle of rain water.

"Argon? What is it? Argon?" Kara asked, her heart was racing.

Argon said nothing, so Kara grabbed the paper out of the water but it was too late. The water had smeared the ink and the paper was so wet that it broke in Kara's hands.

"Argon, what happened?!"

Argon opened his mouth to speak, "The Emperor.... Titus Mede is dead. Talos killed him."

ultimatedovahkiin

Another update, chapters 5 & 6 will be released on the same day also because chapter 6 is kinda short and boring.

ultimatedovahkiin

I realize I forgot to update this over the weekend but have no fear, the next chapter is here! (ew, rhymes :vomit:)

ultimatedovahkiin

Chapter 4: Resurfaced
The horses raced down the road at full speed dragging the heavy carriage behind them, water was flung into the air as the wheels flew through the puddles. Argon kept cracking at the reigns to make the horses go faster. The rain was flying back and hitting him in the face, but he did all he could to keep his eyes open. Kara was holding a sheet above her head to try and keep the water off. They were coming up at their turn, just a little bit further and they would be at the yard of Lakeview Manor. Argon had wanted more than anything to get out of that house, but now he wished he had stayed. The Divines could be in trouble, how much defense would the other four heroes be without their leader and a crazed god attacking while the other gods slowly lost their minds?

The stone road ended and the carriage was driving through the mud. There was a sudden jerk and Argon and Kara were both flung forward. Without thinking, Argon's right arm shot out in front of Kara's chest and prevented her from falling forward off the seat and being trampled. The horses pulled and pulled, but the carriage wouldn't move. Argon hopped off the carriage to see what was wrong. Stuck about halfway down in a puddle of mud, was the back right wheel. Argon tugged and tugged but the mud kept a firm grip on the wodden wheel. He kept pulling and pulling but it wouldn't come out. He used his hands to try and scoop the mud away, but as he scooped mud out, even more slid down and into the hole. There was no time for this. Argon stood up and lifted his foot above the wheel. He repeatedly kicked it until the wood splintered and the wheel broke off. He grabbed a hammer and nail from the back and hammered the wooden rod up and into the bottom of the carriage so that it wouldn't fall out and they wouldn't lose the other wheel. Argon had no idea how that would effect the driving, but he didn't care.

The horses managed to move again and they continued to pull the carriage. The one missing wheel had a large effect on the carriage as it kept pulling to one side and Argon would have to do everything he couls to keep it going in a straight line. A few minutes later they reached the Manor and Argon and Kara jumped off. Kara pulled her new sword off of her sash and Argon unsheathed his sword from his back. They burst through the door with their weapons raised, only to find twelve people all gathered around the big table in the Main Hall.

"Thought you two had gotten lost or something." Garnin laughed.

"Well, what'd yah get?" Fayen asked.

"Oh... Yeah... The food... It's um, it's still in the carriage." Argon told them.

"Well go get it, that chest'll go bad if you leave it out in the rain like that." Sheogorath said.

Argon and Kara walked back outside to go grab the chest.

"So are we just gonna act like Titus Mede is still alive?" Kara asked Argon.

"Look, we'll tell them, just not yet. This is the calmest I've seen the house since all of this started and I just wanna preserve the peace as long as I can." Argon told her.

Argon picked untied the chest and lifted it out of the back of the carriage. The carriage floated back up into place like it had been before the chest was loaded on to it. Kara held the door open for him and he walked inside and slid the chest underneath one of the two staircases.

Everyone except for Argon and Kara surrounded the chest looking for their food.

"Sorry Sheo," Argon said, "Jolus was out of your sweetrolls."

"Ahh... Bloody shopkeepers, never having everything on the list. Ah well, I guess I'll just replace them with...."

Sheogorath dug around inside the chest looking for something to replace the sweetrolls.

"Ah-ha!" he exclaimed and triumphantly pulled out a food item, "Carrots! Wait, carrots...? Well I guess carrots will have to do..."

Eventually the excitement over the food calmed down and everyone sat down once again at the table for a meal. The only one not sitting was Argon and he was instead standing on the second floor looking down over the balcony at everyone below enjoying their feast.

Kara walked up to Argon and she placed her hand on his back and slid it up and aroung his shoulder. She didn't say anything and neither did he, they both knew, Argon was far from okay.

Akatosh looked up and saw the pair standing together and not talking, he could tell something was wrong. "What is the matter with you two? Don't give me any of that I'm fine bullplops. Don't try the I didn't get much sleep last night excuse either, maybe you didn't sleep much but I'm sure that for the sleep you DID get, it was better than any you've had in these past few months."

"Seriously Argon, what's the matter? The truth." Sheogorath seconded Akatosh's question.

"It's Talos, he has resurfaced." Argon said.

"How do you know? What happened?" Mara asked.

"The Blackhorse Courier is being shipped all over Tamriel again. As you all know, that only happens when there is a crisis going on." Argon prefaced what he was about to tell them.

"Yes, so what exactly happened?" Zenithar asked.

"Wow, for the people who are supposed to know about everything that happens in the world, you sure are clueless." Argon said, "Titus Mede was murdered yesterday. Talos kidnapped him from his room in the Imperial Palace, and he called a great meeting in the Temple of the One, the people gathered in to see why a Divine had suddenly called an emergency meeting. Then he brought out Titus Mede, rested his head down on the Dragon Statue, drew his sword, and cut off his head. As Titus' head rolled on the floor with a stream of blood flowing behind it, he announced he was taking over Tamriel. Finally, in one last act of spite he summoned a large bolt of lightning to blow the Dragon to smitherines." As he spoke a tear rolled down Argon's face.

"No... The Emperor, dead... So Talos is striking the mortal authorities first. Then we need to get to Solitude, the High King could be next. Or even the jarls, we need to make sure that the High King sends out extra men to all the hold capitals." Nerevar said.

"But what about the Divines? We can't bring them with us." Fayen said.

"We can leave them with the Greybeards, I'm sure they would love to have them." Argon suggested.

~~~~~~~~
"Are you kidding?! Absolutely not! You expect us to babysit the Divines??" Arngeir said

Arngeir was a very, very old man now. Back when Argon had originally brought down Alduin years ago, Arngeir was old, but now he was close to death.

"It's only for a while." Argon pleaded.

"Normally, it would be an honor to house the Divines, but when they are as out of their minds as they are right now, I don't think that's a very good idea. Plus, it puts a major target on our backs for Talos." Arngeir argued.

"Then use the power of the Voice to hold back Talos." Argon told him.

"You know we don't believe the Voice should be used for violence. Especially not against Tiber Septim himself, one of the most powerful weilders of the Voice ever!"

"I didn't want to pull this card, but you owe me."

"I thank you for sparing Parthurnaax and lying to the blades about his murder, we all do and we are willing to repay you, but not like this. We cannot do something so risky, so dangerous. I'm sorry, but no." Arngeir said.

"Okay, then, that's a major loss of knowledge and training in the Voice you will lose, plus the additional knowledge of everything you have ever wanted to know." Argon said.

"Wait, what?" Arngeir asked.

"Well, the Divines are here, they can tell you whatever you want to know." Argon tempted even further.

"No, go back to the part about knowledge of the voice."

"Well, Kynareth is here, and if I recall she is the one who gave the gift of the Voice. She could train you even further, you may think you are masters but she can train you even past mastery, but not if you don't keep her here."

"Well... I... Fine. They can stay. Leave them here and you go about your business stopping Talos."

"Thank you, enjoy the Voice." Argon said. "Alright team, let's head out!"

ultimatedovahkiin

for some reason the spaces between paragraphs and dialogue didn't carry over from Word to the forums so I had to go and add those in on here, if you see any that you think I missed please tell me so I can fix it. :)

mattizcool

Aye, will keep an eye out for those pesky space mistakes. Anyways, nice chapter.

ultimatedovahkiin

Okay, so this is what will happen this weekend. Since I missed the two chapters that were supposed to be posted last week (5&6) since I was out of town visiting a relative in the hospital, I will be posting them today. However, as to not slow the story down, I will ALSO be posting chapter 7 TOMORROW. I know it isn't the smartest idea to post three chapters at the same time, but I really wanna get through this story ASAP because I have PLENTY of ideas for the finale story and they are killing me to get out. PLUSS, I have ideas for ANOTHER story, separate from The Heroes of Tamriel and the sequel series after this one ends. (Yes, I think I've said it before but just in case I haven't, there WILL be a sequel series.) And I reallllyyyy wanna get started on that story also because it's loosely based on a character build I found and a little "mission" I made for myself (didn't actually make the mission in the Creation Kit, it's just kinda something I had my character do) I think I'm going to start that story about halfway through the finale of The Heroes of Tamriel (not gonna say the title of the finale because of a possible spoiler). However, I can say the title of the other story (it's gonna be hard doing two stories at once but I'll manage) the title of the other story will be The Marksman. If you can't tell it's about a marksman. Thanks for tead this, have a nice day/weekend! :)

ultimatedovahkiin

Chapter 5: Your Majesty

The six heroes all rode seperate horses up to Solitude, except for Argon and Kara. Kara sat behind Argon with her arms wrapped around his waist. Normally, Argon would have called Odahviing and/or Durnehviir to fly them to places, but he had felt the need to take Shadowmere out for a ride. It had been so long since he and the horse had gone somewhere together. The horses arrived at the Solitude stables and all the heroes climbed off their horses and secured them in the stables.

"Now Shadowmere, you be good. Okay?" Argon knew that Shadowmere wouldn't act up. He was smarter than most other horses, and he seemed to have more of a sense of bravery and calmness than the rest. If there was ever a storm, all horses would flip out but Shadowmere wouldn't. Shadowmere would whinny and then turn around in the stables and go to sleep as he listened to the sound of thunder. Still, despite this Argon felt the need to tell Shadowmere to be good anyways.

Shadowmere neighed in reply.

Argon petted his horse's head, tossed the stableman a sack of coins, and then all of the heroes walked off to the gates.

~~~~~~~~
"Halt." said the guard at the gate. "No one is allowed in or out of the city without permission from the High King. Not after what happened in the Imperial City."

"I am here to deliver a message to the king." Argon told the guard.

"Under what authority?"

"Under the authority of the Divines."

"Bah, their authority is no one's concern anymore. Not after one of their own murdered the Emperor." the guard said and he spit at Argon's feet.

"And, under the fact that I am the Dragonborn." Argon told him trying to ignore that fact that the guard and just spit at him.

The guard's head shot up. "Prove it." he said.

"You asked for it."

Argon shotued the Bend Will shout at the guard but only using the first two words so he could control the guard.

"Now dance." Argon commanded him.

The guard started doing a little jig until he fell down.

He stood up with his hand on his head. "Ah, my head... I'm sorry sir. Please go on in." The guard looked up to the guards above the gate and gave them a nod. They guards on top yelled down the guards behind the wall, "Open the gates!"

The gate slowly creaked open and the heroes entered the city.

"It's getting late," Nerevar said. "We had a long ride. I think we should turn in for the night and then tomorrow when we are fully rested we can talk to the King."

Indeed the sun was setting off in the distance and the two moons were beginning to rise. Argon agreed that was a wise choice and they went to go get rooms at the Winking Skeever.

~~~~~~~
The gang was all gathered around a table with metal cups in their hands discussing the plans for the next day and listening to the bard.

"This one goes out to the Dragonborn, the savior of Skyrim. *ahem* Alduin's wings, they did darken the sky. His roar fury's fire, and his scales sharpened scythyes. Men ran and the cowered. They fought and they died, burned and they bled as they issued their cries. We need saviors to free us from Alduin's rage. Heroes on the field of this new war to wage. And if Alduin wins, man is gone from this world. Lost in the shadow, of the black wings unfurled...."

"So we just go in there, say to the High King, so you should probably tell everyone in Skyrim to lock their doors, oh and an evil rogue god is on the loose and is probably gonna come kill you?" Nerevar sarcastically asked.

"That is the plan yes." Argon said.

"Well okay then I guess that will wo-- NO! That plan is stupid as plops. What good will keeping doors locked do?? Talos can just blow the doors off. Besides, where will we take the High King? What will we do with him? You guys aren't thinking any further than what we are gonna say."

"Nerevar, calm down. We are not trying to move the King. All we are trying to do is convince him to send more security to every city. More guards, better weapons and armor, a plethera of arrows. That sort of stuff." Argon told him.

"Those won't do anything against Talos. He is a god. We are literally the only ones who can stop him."

"I know. They're not supposed to do anything more than give the people a better sense of safety. If we can keep the nords calm and not flipping plops about all of this, it will make things easier. Now, can we please go to sleep?"

"Fine."

All of the heroes walked off to their rooms. Sheogorath and Garnin were sharing a room, Fayen and Nerevar were sharing a room, and of course Argon and Kara were sharing a room.

"Finally, we're alone again." Kara said.

She walked up to Argon and started kissing him, they were about to fall back onto the bed but Argon pushed her away.

"What? Is something wrong?" Kara asked.

"They'll hear us, I don't wanna keep them awake. They're tired and scared and need sleep. Come on, I know somewhere else we can go."

~~~~~~~~
"Argon, where are we going?"

"Shh keep quiet, I don't want anyone to hear us. We're really not supposed to go down here." Argon led Kara by the hand to the basement of the Inn.

He took her over to a secluded area in the back of the basement that only had a few duty shelves, a chest, and a wall sconce.

"So we're doing something not allowed... I like the sounds of that." Kara said and she put her hands on Argon's armor.

Both heads leaned forward and they started kissing, as they were kissing they took each other's clothes off and threw them to the floor. Argon's armor clanked as it hit the ground but they didn't care, the whole reason they were down there was because no one could hear them. They kept taking each other's clothes off until there was nothing left to remove, and Argon ran his hands along Kara's smooth back. Finally, the two fell over backwards on to the ground.

"Ow." Kara said when her head hit the floor.

"Are you okay?" Argon asked.

"Yeah, I'm just great." she answered with a dirty smile.

~~~~~~~~
When Argon woke up, he head one arm extended away from his body, but no Kara using it as a pillow. He stood up and streched and saw that her clothes were gone too. So he got dressed and went back up to the tavern area and saw Kara sitting alone at the bar. He walked over and sat down on the stool next to her. He look over at the bartender and held up one finger and the bartender slid an ice cold mead across the bar. Argon thanked him by sliding a few gold coins across the bar. He uncorked the bottle and put it to his lips and let the liquid slip into his mouth and down his throat. He put the bottle down, wiped his mouth with his wrist, and looked over at Kara.

"I hope you don't mind," she said, "but I woke up about twenty minutes ago and you were still asleep, I didn't wanna wake you, but I was too hungry to wait for you to wake up. So, I came up here to get something to eat."

"It's fine." Argon looked at the marks on Kara's arm where she had to bite down to muffle her screams. "Those look like they hurt."

"Yeah, but it's worth it." Kara winked at him.

"Anyways, pretty girl alone in a bar for a while, no men around to protect her, anyone giving you trouble?" Argon asked.

"Actually, yeah. That guy and his buddies back there have been bugging me for the last ten minutes." Kara told him.

"I'll take care of this." Argon said and he marched right up to the man and his two friends.

Kara spun around on her stool, put one arm on the bar, and her bottle of mead to her lips and watched.

"Hey," Argon said, "I hear you've been messing with that girl over there."

"What's it to yah?" said the man, clearly he was very drunk.

"Stay away from her." Argon said raising a finger.

"You don't tell me what to do." the man said, raising his own finger.

"Yeah," said one of his buddies, also drunk, but not as bad as he. "don't boss Julio around."

"Julio, Don, Fredrick, Billy, I'll boss around whoever I want if they're messing with my girl." Argon said.

"You're girl?!" Julio laughed, "Nah, that bitch is mine! She just don't know it yet!"

"I'm warning yah, you won't like the consequences if you don't leave her alone."

The other buddy decided to join the conversation, this one seemed to be the most sober one out of the group. "Is that a threat? We don't take very kindly to threats."

"I don't take kindly to you." Argon said.

The three just laughed. "Alright Mr. Biggy, we'll leave her alone." said Julio.

"You'd better." Argon turned and started walking away.

"Hiya!" Julio yelled and he lobbed his bottle of mead right at Argon's head.

Argon spun around just as the bottle was about to hit him, "Ro Dah!" he shouted, and a big force blew forth from his mouth and sent the bottle right into the wall above Julio. It also caused the three men to be blown out of their chairs and into the wall. The table flew back and hit Julio in the face before dropping to the ground, and the bottle burst above his head soaking him in glass and mead.

"plops! Dragonborn!" the most sober one cried, "Come on let's get out of here!"

The two buddies scrambled to their feet but the drunker one slipped in a puddle of mead and fell on his ass. He managed to get back up and he and the sober one helped up Julio and threw his arms around their shoulders and dragged him out. As they were dragging him out of the tavern he was yelling, "Lemme at him! Let me show that Spriggan who's boss!"

"Come on Julio, you're drunk." said the sober one.

"I'm not drunk! I'm just happy!" Julio yelled.

When they got outside Julio vomitted and then passed out.

Argon went and sat back down next to Kara.

"I don't think they'll be back for a while." he said.

"Good." Kara said and she laughed.

The bartended clapped Argon on the back. "Thanks Dragonborn, those guys are always in here making a ruckus and hitting on every girl. That's why we have so little women customers, but I get a feeling those guys are gonna find another tavern." the bartender said.

"Glad I could help." Argon said and shook the man's hand.

The other four heroes came running down the stairs with their weapons raised.

"We heard Argon shout, what's wrong?!" Fayen yelled although he was so tired that his bow was facing towards him and his arrow was pointed the opposite way.

"Nothing, it's fine now. They're gone." Argon said.

~~~~~~~~
A few hours later the heroes strolled into the Blue Palace but were stopped by yet another guard.

"Halt, no one is permitted entrance without an appointment. State your business."

"We seek audience with the High King." Argon told him.

"May I ask who exactly I am speaking with?" the guard requested.

"A Daedric Lord, otherwise known as Sheogorath, also known as the Champion of Cyrodiil, Indoril Nerevar, Fayen the Eternal Champion, Garnin the Hero of Daggerfall, oh and me, the Dragonborn." Argon said.

"And who is the woman?"

"That is my girlfriend Kara."

"Go on, right up the stairs." the guard motioned for the heroes to go through the doorway.

They walked up the stairs and to the throne of the High King.

"Your majesty." Argon said and he kneeled before the throne as did the other five.

"Argon, how great to see you again. I trust you have something of vital importance?"

"Yes Falk, I am sure you are well aware of the murder of Titus Mede." Argon said.

"Yes, at the hands of Talos in the Temple of the One, on the statue of the dragon of Akatosh. I've overheard some things about it." Falk Firebeard told him.

"Falk, I've known you a very long time, I stood by you through your election to the throne after the Second Great War, can we save the sarcasm for a lesser friend?" Argon asked.

"Yes, my mistake my good sir. Do not mistake my sarcasm for disinterest or ridicule, I simply am deeply saddened by this betrayal." Falk told Argon.

"Do not worry, I understand. These are troubling times for us all. However, I did not come to discuss past events. I've come to discuss future ones." Argon said.

"Oh?"

"Aye. My friends and I have good reason to believe that you are in danger. Talos seeks to take back his Empire and reclaim the throne. However, he cannot do that while there are others in power. Even if you simply rule over one province, that is enough for Talos. He wants to be the sole ruler of everything. We fear he is coming to assassinate you." Argon told the King.

"Thank you for this news, I will definitely look into upping my security. Is that all?"

"I would like to request on behalf of this land which I defend, that you send more guards and weapons to each city to protect against Talos if he attacks."

"Done. Will that be all?" Falk asked.

"Yes. Stay safe my brother." Argon shook Falk's hand.

At that moment, a man bursted into the Palace. It was a priest from the Temple of the Nine. He had his hand on his arm and he was bleeding bad.

"The temple! Rioters! They stabbed me! Someone, please... Have to save the temple..." the priest fainted and one of the guards grabbed his and started wrapping a cloth around the priests arm to try and stop the bleeding.

Argon looked at Falk.

"Go!" Firebeard commanded.

ultimatedovahkiin

Chapter 6: The Spark of Rebellion
The heroes ran down the stone road towards Castle Dour. As they ran their armor and weapons clanked and they sounded like someone was dropped hundreds of gold coins onto the ground from high above. They reached the courtyard and found two wounded guards laying back against the entrance to the temple.

"They... they overwhelmed us... We didn't wanna kill any of em, so we let them hurt us." said one of the guards.

"Don't kill em... They ain't done nothing wrong, they're just scared..." the other guard told them.

"Don't worry, we will take care of this." Argon said.

The heroes entered the temple and instantly heard yelling and clashing inside. They snuck through the hallways until they found all of the rioters forming a semicircle around each of the shrines. In the middle of the semicircle every priest and priestess that worked inside the temple were huddled together for protection.

The six heroes shoved through the crowd until they reached the middle of the cricle.

"Calm yourselves peons!" Argon yelled.

"Who do you think you are? Telling us to calm down! We have every right to riot!" yelled a rioter

"Dragonborn, shouldn't you be on our side? Fighting for the good of Skyrim?! That is in your job description isn't it?!" another yelled.

"How is surrounding all of the priests and priestesses and threatening to kill them for the good of Skyrim?" Argon shouted back.

"They are servants of the mad bastard that has betrayed us! How can we trust them?"

"They are just as scared as you are and they too are citizens of Skyrim!" Argon said.

"So are all of the bandits, vampires, forsworn, theives, and assassins you kill! You're supposed to protect the citizens of Skyrim and Tamriel, yet you kill them mercilessly!"

"This has nothing to do with me!" Argon yelled.

"You're right it doesn't, so how about you leave!"

"We'd be better off worshipping the Daedra!"

That's when Sheogorath snapped. "Enough he yelled!"

A man dropped to his knees and pleaded to the Daedric Prince, "Oh lord Sheogorath, bring us under you're protection. Allow us to live and worhip you in your realm of Oblivion. Keep us safe."

Sheogorath blinked and when his eyes opened a bright yellow light shone out of them, he raised up his hands as if possessed. Suddenly, the whole room disappeared from around them and everyone was standing on a peninsula floating in an ocean of lava. The rioter's backs were to the lava but they turned and started looking around. Fear came over them and like the priests they huddled together for protection, squishing the guy in the middle. Fire shot up from the lava into the red and yellow sky. It rained down and drops of it hit the peninsula, this forced the rioters to huddle even more to avoid the drops. Off in the distance behind Sheogorath was a tall black tower with spikes coming off of it and a bright yellow beam coming from the top.

"This is what Oblivion is like. Lay down your torches and pitch forks and go home or you shall be doomed to this for eternity. Leave the priests alone and return to your everyday lives or I shall seal you in this realm forever." Sheogorath threatened.

"Please, take us back! Let us leave this hell!" they yelled.

Sheogorath dropped his arms and Oblivion melted away, he blinked again and his eyes returned to normal. The rioters dropped their weapons and ran out of the temple screaming one of them even yelled, "What were we thinking?!". Of course, Sheogorath had only shown them Dagon's realm and not his own. His was much nicer and plenty safer, it did tend to drive people insane however.

The heroes helped the priests to their feet and the priests thanked them profusely. The heroes turned to leave the temple but Argon didn't move. He just kept looking at the shrine of Talos.

"Argon, you comin'?" Kara asked.

"Yeah, just a second." Argon walked over to the shrine and fell to his knees.

"Oh please Talos, spare Tamriel your wrath. Return to your position as the ninth divine, accept the power and rule you have there. Do not do this." he begged.

For a moment, nothing. Then a dark cloud appeared above the shrine, and from it there came a voice.

"I will not return to my place as a powerless being, forced to work alongside traitorous idiots. Tamriel is mine it always has been and I will reclaim it. You shall die Argon, along with the Divines and everyone you love. Then, when that is done, when you are merely a corpse having failed his mission, after I make you beg forgiveness and to be spared, I will take back my land and I shall rule it forever." Talos told him.

A trance came over Argon and he fell to the ground yelling in fear. The vision, the things Talos was showing him. Death. Everywhere. Cities burning, people running and being shot in the backs with arrows, an evil laugh, the head of the stone dragon of Dragonbridge protruding from a river of blood, and a face. It was nothing like Argon had ever seen before, it wasn't human, but it wasn't a creature. It had glowing yellow eyes and tentacles coming from its head. It was the source of the laughter Argon was hearing, and it left its mark on his mind.

Argon managed to gather enough strength to smash the shrine of Talos and free himself. Instantly the cloud dissipated and the visions stopped. Argon sat there rocking himself back and forth.

"Come on Argon, we gotta get back to Falk." Kara held a hand out to Argon and he grabbed it and allowed her to pull him to his feet.

He grabbed her and hugged her tightly, "I love you." he said, "I won't let Talos hurt you. I promise."

~~~~~~~~
They returned to the palace and tried to get Falk to leave with them.

"I can't just leave Argon, I'm sorry but I have a province to rule." Falk said.

"I understand, but if we leave you here, Talos might kill you." Argon told him.

"I promise you, I will be fine. However, if it helps you sleep better, I will better fortify the palace, I will have a guard escort me everywhere I go, even to the piss bucket."

Argon knew it wasn't any use arguing and Falk DID have a province to rule and he couldn't exactly do that while he was on the run.

"Deal." Argon told him.

Falk held out his hand for Argon to grasp it. Argon firmly took it and shook it.

"I will stop him." Argon said.

Falk nodded and the heroes walked out. After they left Falk sat down on his throne and looked out over the balcony.

"That's what you think." Falk murmured.

In the King's bedroom the wardrobe door broke under all of the weight and fell to the ground. Following the door and falling to the ground was the bloodied corpse of Falk Firebeard.

Talos' disguise broke for a second and revealed his maliciously grinning face before reverting back to the face of the High King.

ultimatedovahkiin

Spacing issues again, this time from Ch 6, think I got 'em all, tell me if you see one I missed, thanks :)

mattizcool

That plot twist in the end took me by surprise. Good work.

ultimatedovahkiin

ultimatedovahkiin

Chapter 7: The Prophecy

Having spent the night at Katla's farm, the next morning, the six mounted their horses that Katla had been kind enough to let them keep in her stables. As the horses turned to ride off a man came running down the hill yelling and waving his arms frantically above his head desperately trying to get the heroes to notice him and stop. It worked and the six heroes all turned to watch the man run like an idiot.

The Madgod couldn't resist, the craziness the man was generating piqued his thirst for madness and he made the man's feet give out from under him and the man fell and rolled the rest of the way down hill. He finally stopped when he bumped into Sheogorath's horse at the bottom of the hill. After a good hearty laugh Sheogorath hopped off his horse and helped the man up.

"Dust yerself off lad, ye got dirt all over your sleeves." he said and he slapped at the dirt on the man's arms.

"Please take no offense m'lord, but that wasn't funny." the man told the god, he knew that Sheogorath caused him to fall. It was rather obvious by how he had laughed.

"Yes it was." Sheogorath said.

The man frowned.

Argon was annoyed by the hold up and he really wanted to get on the road so he cut in to try and speed things up. "Did you need something?" Argon shot out, sounding harsher than he meant to.

"A few hours ago, a guard went to go and awake the High King so he could hold court, but when he went into Falk's bedroom his body was found laying ontop of the doors to his wardrobe, there were multiple stab wounds all over. I believe it is safe to say this is the work of Talos. We had the priest of Arkay in the Hall of the Dead, it is believed Falk has been dead since around five, yesterday." the man frantically told the heroes. The fear could be heard in his voice, it was a fear for him, his children, the citizens of Solitude and the whole of Tamriel, even though he had the best chance at saving the world in front of him, were they really enough this time? Would they really be able to stop the man-god of war himself?

"Five yesterday? That's not possible, we saw him at six right after we stopped the rioters in the temple." Argon said.

"We believe Talos sent the rioters as a distraction, somehow controlled the minds of those rioters into believing that the priests and priestesses were evil and made them try to kill them. Thus, getting you sent there to stop them and while you six were gone Talos managed to sneak in and kill Falk and then diguise himself and take his place until you left." the man explained.

"That clever son-of-a-bitch." Argon said, "Him and his fluffing strategies."

"Well he is the god of war, strategies are kind of his thing." Nerevar said.

"You're not helping." Argon told him, "Why weren't we notified right away??" Argon demmanded of the man.

"We weren't sure if you had left yet, then Katla came into town and someone saw her and asked her if you guys were here and we she said yes, I was sent here."

"Makes sense I suppose. Okay, tell the head of the guards to keep those gates locked, I want a guard in every house. Strike that, I want a guard with every person. I don't care what the people say or the fear levels that may come of it, this is not one of those 'let's sugar coat it' situations, the closest thing Tamriel has experienced with danger levels this high was the Oblivion Crisis, and not even that adds up to the danger this world is in. This is not to be taken lightly, guard escorts for everyone. Two guards for children. I don't care what someone is doing, they can be changing, bathing, or even making love and there will be a guard to stand guard and escort them. These are my demands." Argon told the man.

"What is the Captain denies your request or asks what authority you have over him?"

"Tell him, it's not a good idea to piss off the Dragonborn, and if he doesn't meet my demands he's just adding six more problems to his plate."

~~~~~~~~
The horses trotted along the road with Argon in the lead.
"So where are we going?" Fayen asked.

Argon completely ignored the question so they could talk about something else, "I did some thinking, do y'all remember down in Blackreach when I touched that orb and then blacked out?"

"Um, yeah how could we forget, we had to carry you to the Field Lab. I forgot to tell you, you're really heavy." Fayen said.

"Well, that prophecy, tell me again, how did it go?"

Sheogorath quoted the prophecy perfectly, it was as if he had just heard it five minutes ago.

"A hero will die and chaos will rise
A shadow will call but be defeated when a hero falls
The hero twice dead, will rise again
The one with the power gives the gift of the end
The Dwemer return with a plan to rule
A god will turn his back on the rest of his pack
A battle will ensue and the Fallen God swears to make his enemies rue"

"Think about it," Argon said, "each line of this describes one of our adventures together. 'A hero will die and chaos will rise', from the time of the Soul Wars, after I had died that first time and the Aedra v.s. Daedra war over my soul generated so much chaos that Sithis, chaos itself, was released from the void."

"Well that could just be a coincidence, remember back in the Oblivion Crisis, Uriel Septim died and chaos took over in the form of an all out daedric invasion." Sheogorath said.

"True, and I considered that, but then there's the next few lines. 'A shadow will call but be defeated when a hero falls'. That has to be about Xan, he was LITERALLY a shadow, and he was defeated when I attempted to sacrifice myself and he was erased from existence."

"Okay, but then the next line about the hero twice dead, you only died once, turns out you survived the second time." Nerevar said.

"That is true also, but I was still declared dead twice. So technically, I'm twice dead. Besides, 'the one with the power gives the gift of the end'? That has to be Apocapher, he had all the powers of the Divines, and he was supposed to cause the end of the world. Not to mention that he gave Tamriel a 'last gift' right before he died. Then, right after that the Dwemer returned and you CANNOT tell me this isn't about our time in Blackreach. 'The Dwemer return with a plan to rule' that has already happened and last time I checked, we were the only responders to that situation." Argon said.

"You gotta admit laddies, the man's got a bit of a point. This does all sound very familiar." Garnin said in his thick nordic accent.

"I guess I gotta agree, but where are you going with all of this?" Nerevar asked.

"The next line, that's where. 'A god will turn his back on the rest of his pack' that IS Talos for sure." Argon said.

"So, you're saying that the last event has happened, and this so called Fallen God from the last line is coming?" Fayen asked.

"I'm saying he's already here. I'm saying, maybe Talos is the Fallen God." Argon said.

ultimatedovahkiin

Here is the title picture for The Marksman, I took this screenshot and got it by complete and utter luck. Note: The wording may or may not be changed by the time the story is released.The Marksman story 1 (words).jpg

(I also may edit the size more)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts