• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
What are your opinions regarding the two ARPG titans out there? Is the Dragon-slaying demigod better than the season monster hunter playboy? Is the wild and beautiful Tamriel better than the bleak and deadly Northern Kingdoms? Is the annoying and holier-than-thou Yennefer better than the equally self-important and sarcastic Lydia? If so, why? Share your opinions!

Arvis

Haven't played Witcher 3 yet, but planning to, once I get back my gaming PC which can properly run it. But judging from the pictures, Northern Kingdoms look better than Skyrim!

Uberpotato

As good as Witcher 3 may be, I'll always, personally, prefer the Elder Scrolls games, because you make and shape your own character.

Clau

The Fateless One
Played and finished Witcher 3 and I'm just waiting for the new expansion.

In playing Witcher 3 in the PS4 and the PC, it made me appreciate Skyrim even more, given how it inspired the next generation of games about open world exploration.

\vodahmin ♛

duel wielding assassin..
I just started playing the witcher 3 recently and I've played skyrim since release..
I really like the witchers story line and side missions..
I really like the experience of playing skyrim though..
In skyrim I dont feel as rewarded for killing a dragon as much as killing a boss in the witcher..
but I also like feeling overpowered sometimes..
I like them both but I'm bias so I'll say I like skyrim more..
because the content from the vanilla game and from mods make it untimely..
good thread though! :]

Have not player Witcher games yet but the sex in the game would be the cool fun thing over Skyrim. I really wish that Skyrim had sex with female ladies like Witcher. Maybe next Elder Scrolls game, we can finally bang our lady followers?

Skoans

I don't think we would have Witcher 3 without Skyrim, the popularity made it extremely attractive to make Witcher 3 more than the previous games were.

True and I have been playing TW2/TW3 and while both a great games, I still prefer Skyrim. Witcher has the better story and good sex scenes but the crafting and gameplay feels more solid in Skyrim.
With mods, the playability of Skyrim is awesome.

Celestial Aeon

In my opinion, Witcher 3 is closer to traditional game in a sense that it has stronger story and more tight variable whereas Skyrim is more of an open world sandbox with all the modding and possibilities that the engine and the design allows player to change and do. I never felt that the story in Skyrim was really that interesting. I was constantly just experiencing the world and thinking of ways to do something different. In Witcher 3, it was more of a "how will this story evolve" kind of thing. It depends on a player which of these feels more interesting and enjoyable. Apples and oranges.

Chadonraz

Witcher 3 and Skyrim cannot be compared directly, because while they're both RPGs, they're hugely different in several ways.

Skyrim has a blank-state player character, in Witcher 3 you always play as Geralt.

Witcher 3 has way better writing, characters, graphics, dialogue system, and combat.
Skyrim has a lot more freedom when it comes to playstyle, and a lot more intricate world interaction system (hired thugs, random encounters, inheritance letters, etc.).

Witcher 3 is story-driven, and the story is its key point. Skyrim is more of a sandbox, where sure you can follow the story to unlock cool powers, but honestly the story itself is really boring once you've finished it for the first time. It's also really linear, and has no choices to make -- very much unlike Witcher 3, where choices matter a LOT.

Skyrim has a lot more options when it comes to modding, although I have to say I'm damn impressed with some of the mods I've seen for Witcher 3 despite the lack of a proper modding tool (the REDKit).

All in all, both games are, in my opinion, the best in their own categories. Comparing them to one another isn't fair, because of fundamental differences between the two.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts