OOC The War of Jarls (No Longer Recruiting)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
    It has been 20 years since the Civil War and Skyrim is more divided then ever. Each of the Jarls has declared independency forming their own armies and plotting to wage war on each other. Some fight their battles on open ground, while some fight cold wars, grabbing each step on the ladder of strength. Meanwhile the Empire looks for allies to reunite this broken land as the Thalmor plant spies and saboteurs. Heroes will emerge of the firs of battle. Some are great kings or queens, others simple merchants or adventurers. But a northern threat will unite these broken holds together. Winterhold marches on the northern holds, ruled under an imperialistic rule.War will happen, and it will not have mercy.

In this rp you can claim positions, such as say Jarl of Solitude, or Housecarl. If that isn't your cup of tea, you can be a an adventurer or mercenary. Pretty much you can be what ever you want. Make sure you follow this format, and the rules are no godmodding, racism, sexism or foul language outside of your character. This will be a mature rp, that means blood, gore, possibly sex.

Name- Kendov Atmora-Born

Color-Blue

Gender-Male

Height-6'0

Age-26

Position-Jarl of Windhelm and High King of Eastmarch and Atmora

Religon-Nordic Pantheon

Sexual Preference-Heterosexual

Fears-Boars

Physical Description- Kendov had shoulder length dark red hair and cold ice blue eyes. He has an athletic build and has a scar going from his shoulder to his hip, a result of a botched boar hunt. He has a thin face and a pointed nose.

Armor-He wears finely engraved nordic carved armor with a snow bear pelt cape over chainmail, and carries a Windhelm Guard's Shield.

Clothes-Outside of combat he wears a silk tunic and a fur lined over coat with gilded chainmail underneath. He wears a crown made out of dragon teeth and iron engraved with nordic ruins.

Weapons-A steel sword, and a steel dagger, he also carries a hunting bow with steel arrows

Rivals and Allies-Kendov has declared open war on the western holds but wishes to make an alliance with the eastern holds. He desires Whitetrun for its strategic position and its famous Skyforge.

Skills-Kendov is a highly educated man, skilled in politics and combat. He is a good hunter and blacksmith, as well as a talented skald, as well as being fluent in ancient nord.

Personality-Kendov is proud of his family's history and his political status. He tends to flaunt around his high position and believes that he can take over all of Skyrim. He is very prideful and at times snobby.

Backround-Kendov's father was a Thane of Eastmarch and Ulfric's biggest supporter. When Ulfric died in the war, Kendov's father took over the role as Jarl, and watched as Skyrim fell apart. Kendov was well educated and trained in comabt and politics by his father's court. He learned how to speak ancient nord and play the lute and drum. Kendov was taught his family's history, how they were supposedly descended from High King Wulfharth. When he had turned 18 his father took him to Solsteim to hunt boars. During this hunt they had come across a large group of wild boars and Kendov had the biggest one lined up in his sights. Unfortunately when he took a step closer he slid down a small hill and was attacked by them, barely managing to escape. When his father found him he was lying in a pool of blood barely alive. This accident scarred Kendov physically and mentally, giving him a deathly fear of boars. When he turned 24 his father died, and the crown was passed to Kendov, naming him High King of Eastmarch. Under his rule he built up Eastmarch's defenses and allowed elves and the beast races to enlist, a privilege previously only limited to humans. In his first year of rule he ordered a crown to be made, one of dragon bone and iron, fashioned in the likeness of the fabled Jagged Crown. In his second year of rule he announced that the land of Atmora was now a territory of Eastmarch. While this proved no strategic advantage it was his way of showing his dominance. As of now he is currently waiting for his chance to strike at the western holds, who have always been a rival.

Last edited:

DraconicPsycho

Dragonman
    I think ill jump in this on your side as your housecarl. you okay with that?

EDIT: Added onto my character card.

Name: Reez Dawl
    Race: Argonian
    Class: Warrior/ Templar
    Religion: The Hist
    Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

Appearance: Average height for an Argonian. Dark blue scales and 4 horns protruding from the back of his head. He has deep blue eyes. He has Argonian scout armor which he dyed Purple and dark blue to blend in with the darkness.

Biography: Was born in Shadowfen, but his parents moved to skyrim when he was 8 because a wamasu destroyed their house. He grew up in Windhelm where Him and his parents were dockworkers, until one night where he escaped and traveled with a khajiit caravan until a mammoth showed up and killed everyone except for Reez. He moved to riften where he joined the thieves guild. He moved back when he had heard there was a new Jarl, only to find his parents dead. He became the housecarl of the jarl of Eastmarch and protects him from assassins and the like.

Skills: can drink copious amounts of mead without becoming inebriated. extremely agile. very calm under pressure

Flaws: not the best person to take advice from, has used "unorthodox" methods of getting what he wants to know, extremely violent.

Advantages: extremely tactical and agile, is a very skilled cook, very persuasive, follows orders.

Likes: Apple dumplings, Argonian bloodwine, calming environments, fishing, and cooking.

Dislikes: Arrogance, Failing his duties, Drunks, beggars, loud noises, the Aldmeri Dominion.

Family: Father (deceased), Mother (deceased)

Weapons: Dual wield Argonian axes for up-close and an Argonian bow for far away.

Magic: Close wounds, Healing hands, and Muffle.

Personality: Quiet, but ruthless in battle. can be extremely persuasive.

Wealth: Upper middle class (Around 10,000 coins)

Weapon style: Shoots arrows from afar and then rushes in with his axes. He is extremely agile and jumps around to kill his opponent.

Text color: Light Turquoise green

Last edited:

TomMyers

Name: Tom
    Alias: N/A
    Sex: Male
    Race: Wood elf
    Class: Hunter/Tracker
    Laterality: Right Handed
    Sexuality: Straight
    Marital Status: Single
    Family: Farther/Mother are dead, Older brother Markus still lives in vallen wood
    Properties: A small cave he calls home, not much in there.
    Affiliations: The southpaw hunting group of fallen wood
    Afflictions: Impatient, Short fused, Honest.
    Religion: Arkay

Appearance

Height: 6ft
    Build: Lean, Athletic
    Eyes: Bloodshot, Blue
    Skin tone: White
    Hair Style: Light black hair, quite long and tied back
    Facial hair: Light black stubble
    Scars: Wolf bite scars on right wrist, small scratch from the top of his left eye down to his cheek
    Tattoos: N/A
    Piercings: N/A

Personality: He is quite a friendly person, always welcoming of others and will often share his ale with his new found friends, although being welcoming Tom tends to avoid the company of Argonians.
    As Tom lives the simple life alone, he loves nothing more then the hunt but in order to fill his spare time vlad is always in search of new hobbies and adventures, he's fascinated about the old dwavern relics but has yet manage to uncover a tomb. He also likes to search out for old dragon buriul sites and seeks out the wonders burried bellow.
    Temper: High, Toms temper sometimes gets the better of him even if its only over the smallest of things vlad can sometimes take things to far and ends up In a brawl more times then he can remember.

Alignment: Neutral/Lawfull
    Good: Friendly, Smart, Attention to detail, Joker
    Bad: Stubborn, impatient
    Dislikes:Foolishness,Argonians,Other Stubborn people
    Fears: Drowning, Sprigens
    Habits: Always fidgeting with his hands, cooking his food twice to make sure its done

Gear & Fighting Style

Head: Dark Green Hood
    Chest: A light green tanned leather chest peace with iron studs around the shoulders with a fur coat
    Arms: Small leather braces and a pair of fingerless gloves
    Waist: A small satchel and a home made leather belt
    Legs: Thin leather pants for easy movement lined with fur
    Feet: Two adult sized bear paws converted in shoes, made by his father on vlads first bear kill
    Every Day Carry: His bow and quiver containing 40 steel arrows, 1 bear trap and 2 smaller rabbit traps, a map of skyrim, a dwaven dagger along with a steel throwing axe and a few everyday tools in order to make repairs.

Weapons: 1hunting bow with 2spare strings, 40 steel arrows, a dwaven dagger, throwing axe, 3 traps

Magicka: None

Fighting Abilities: Tom likes to to stay back and finish his enemies afar often using self made poisons, if all else fails vlad has his trusty dagger not much but along with his throwing axe its a well fought fight.

Fighting Style: Toms fighting style is scout first kill later, After finding out what he's up against Tom tends to find the highest ground and let his arrows do the work, he's not much of a taction when it comes to fighting but his hunting skills tend to come in handy if he cant sneak past his opponent.
    BackStory
    Tom came from a simple family, before his father died he was a hunter who would provide food for them as well as other familys local to us. His mother was a gatherer and would collect local items of use, tom took an interest in what his parents did and learned alot about the wilds in following them.
    Toms brother was the opposite and didn't take to the family's tradition instead he choose to follow an interest in magic and is soon awaiting a place at the winterhold colledge.
    After his parents had died and his brother soon to leave home Tom decided him self it was too time to leave home, after gathering what little belongings he had and setting off to the land of skyrim, Tom could only wonder what lies before him...

First rp profile I've made and if I can join I would like to be a traveling hunter, also anything missing let me know

DraconicPsycho

Dragonman
    I have accepted both of you, your characters I really enjoy. Draconic Psycho, just give some more info..
    Info regarding...what? my character?

DraconicPsycho

Dragonman

DraconicPsycho

Dragonman
    When are we starting?

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    I was thinking today. So where should our characters start their adventure.
    Anywhere your imagination takes you, as long as you can get your gang together ASAP (the longer it takes the greater chance of the RP dying)

Staff member
    Although I guess that isn't the case with the RTS format...

Staff member
    Crap. I just realized I thought you were someone you're not! Sorry if the advice sounded pretentious, we have a new forumer and I came here without reading names :sadface:

I'll jump in if you'd accept another member. I can throw in my character card if you would like.

Last edited:
    Sweet! Thanks!

Name: Zan'Kir Adavi
    Alias: Soujourner
    Race: Khajiit
    Class: Mage/Rogue-Assasin Hybrid
    Laterality: Ambidextrous
    Sexuality: Straight
    Marital Status: Never been in a relationship
    Family: Biological Father was killed by Bandits, Biological Mother died from Ataxia. Adoptive Father and Mother were killed by a man after a failed pickpocketing attempt by Zan'Kir. Has an older brother from his adoptive family named S'han that wants Zan'Kir dead - blames the death of his parents soley on Zan'Kir.
    Properties: None, save for what he carries with him.
    Affiliations: College of Winterhold, Theives Guild.
    Temperment: Patient, Quiet, Long-Fused.
    Religion: Stendarr

Appearance:
    Looks like the picture below
    skyrim__dragonborn_khajiit_by_ti_r-d4yabmk.jpg
    Eyes: Shining Emerald-Green
    Hair: Mohawk, Gray
    Facial Markings: Gray, same color as Mohawk
    Facial Hair: None
    Scars: One thin scar going from the upper left brow to the lower left cheek and passing over the eye (left eye is not blinded). Very deep scar running from the base of the thumb to in-between the ring and pinky fingers of his right hand (The scar hinders his ability to cast spells with his right hand to the point where he cannot cast at all, forcing his reliance on a weapon).
    Build: Very Athletic, Lean.
    Tattoos: None
    Piercings: Standard Khajiit ear-rings. Two in each ear.
    Height: 5'9" (Short, but very quick and light on his feet)

Alignment: Unlawful, often thieving (steals so he has enough gold to sustain himself).
    Good: Smart, attentive, stealthy
    Bad: Low esteem, highly paranoid.
    Dislikes: People - especially friendly ones, Alcohol, crowds.
    Fears: Combat - as he lacks skill, Dragons, and Dragur scare the hell out of him.
    Habits: Praying, Whistling or humming music, often climbs trees or tall buildings and sits up there for relaxation.

Personality: Not unlike Thane from Mass Effect. Quiet, keeps to himself. Prefers isolation and is notably uncomfortable around people. Does not trust anyone, no matter the circumstance. Paranoid that everyone is under a contract from S'han to kill him. Appears nervous or jumpy inside towns, especially crowded ones. Lives completely alone and loves to lose himself in music, which he can be often heard humming or whistling. Prays very often, seeking forgivness and mercy for the wrongs he has done and the lives he may have taken. Does not hold himself in high esteem.

Gear and Fighting Style
    Equipment: Apprentice hood and robes, mage boots, amulet of Stendarr.
    Weapons: Elven dagger (right hand), and firebolt in his left.
    Fighting style: He is only an apprentice of destruction and not very skilled with it. Also a novice in restoration, but lacks much skill in that area. Decent in the use of the dagger, but lacks notable skill there. His skills lie in stealth and thieving. This influences his combat style to the point where he avoids open combat and goes for assasin-style stealth kills. When open combat does develop he employs hit-and-run tactics to avoid being in attack range for very long. It does not do much damage, but it compensates for some of the lack of combatitive skill. Since he does not use armor he tries to use his superior agility to dance around the target and avoid attacks, but he isn't very good at it. Can be hold his own in battle? Yes, but not against more than one person at a time in open combat.
    Magicka: Fairly decent, but is lower than a true mage of equivalent rank.

Backstory
    His biological father died before Zan'Kir was born and his mother died of Ataxia before his first birthday. He was taken in by a prominent trading family of Elsweyr, the Adavis. His father managed the trade front and taught Zan'Kir everything he knew about "sharpening the tongue" his mother dealt with item "acquisition" or stealing. When Zan'Kir was just a boy, he tested out a slight of hand trick to steal a man's necklace. The man found out later that day and traced Zan'Kir to the Adavis. Enraged, the man killed both parents and went after the kids. Zan'Kir took the worst of it and both of his scars came from that encounter. After the danger had passed, S'han turned on him and forced him to flee. He was chased all across Elsweyr and Cyrodiil for years (earning him the name Soujourner), until finally making it to Skyrim and seeking shelter within the Hall of the Vigilant. It was there he learned of Stendarr and became a devout believer. By the time he turned 14, he set off and joined the college of Winterhold, a year later, he joined the Theives Guild, but is one of their lower members as he does not take many jobs. Since his arrival in Skyrim he has been attacked by hired thugs 24 times, one of which was a Dark Brotherhood Assassin Initiate. He fought the Assassin to a draw and paid him 500 septims (all the money he had) to claim he killed Zan'Kir and leave.

Last edited:
    I think I covered everything, but let me know if I forgot anything. Thanks again.

DraconicPsycho

Dragonman
    I think I covered everything, but let me know if I forgot anything. Thanks again.
    whats your position? IE. thane of whiterun, jarl of falkreath etc.

I'll be Thane of Eastmarch. Thanks for the help DraconicPsycho :)

So lets get to the role playing. It will start in the Palace of Kings. Zan'kir, I was thinking maby Kendov, my OC, could have taken pity on your character and gave him the abandoned home Hjerm along with a position in the court.

I like that idea, but do you mind if I tag on a bit?
    Let's say Zan'Kir was caught during a robbery attempt in Windhelm and thrown in jail, unable to pay the fine. Kendov then learns of Zan'Kir and the multitude of contracts for his head. After a bit of digging, Kendov finds the source of the contracts, pities Zan'Kir, uses his status to free him and offers him Hjerim and the title of Thane. Not only would this have utterly shocked Zan'Kir, he would have accepted graciously for two reasons. After years and years of running, he would finally have a home, and the title of Thane and having the Jarl at his back would finally mean safety.
    Let me know what you think.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts