OOC The War of Jarls (No Longer Recruiting)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

DraconicPsycho

Dragonman
    Sending me into the fray, are you?

wreckem_all

Hi, I was invited by DraconicPsycho to join...but that was two days ago and I wanted to ask if I could still join...seeing how you didn't progress much yet.

Just in case I am allowed to join heres my charactersheet:

Name: Ugdul Sharga

Nickname: the fortress

Race: Orc

Resident: Solitude

Skills: Swordsmanship (dual wielding), orcish blacksmithing

Sexual preference: Hetero

Familystatus: Father: Bogamul Sharga – dead; former leader of a orc stronghold

Mother:Ushugob Sharga – 56; blacksmith in a orc stronghold

Brother, Sister, Uncle, Aunt, etc.: Everyone else in the stronghold

Religion: Malacath

Appearance: With a body height of 6''4' and a rather wide and muscular build, Ugdul is a bit more than your average warrior. His dark green skin colour just adds to the abnormality of the nordic norm in Skyrim. His black hair is nicely cut in a mohawk strip and a scar is sealing his left eye. Ugdul was born with odd-eyed with his right eye being light brown and his left eye being dark blue (luckily, no one realises it because of the scar).

Personality: Due to his rough ways of dealing with people, people often misjudge him for a dishonorable brute. But people that know him better than not at all realise that Ugdul is extremely loyal to his friends and clients and is always striving to uphold their trust in him. Ugdul is extremely clumsy when it comes to his fine motor skills, that and his appearance are another main part of the cause of the false judgements people state. The orc loves the sound of metal clashing and the smell of blood on the battlefield, this also means that he does not need much reason to kill someone. That being said, he is very protective and hates seeinng his comrades fall. Ugdul is also pretty dense and is always judging and acting based on his instincts, he hates planning and is more of a spntaneous guy.

Alignment: Chaotic-Good

Strength: fighting, orcish blacksmithing, loyal, protective

Weaknesses: simple minded, weak fine motor skills, weak social skills

Dislikes: seeing his comrades fall, plans

Fears: loosing a fight

Gear: Ugdul's battlegear consists of a full clad orcish armour (head, torso, arms and legs) that are fed with cowfur. He always wears his armour except on special occasions, where he digs up something 'normal' to wear.

Weapons: Ugdul dual wields orcish waraxes, he is no good with bows or other throwing weapons

Magicka: None

Fighting Style: Ugdul is a Tank that can take more than enough damage and deal as much. He always appears on the front lines takes any enemy that is to come. When enraged or near death, Ugdul turns berserk. Letting adrenaline take over his body he is able to push his body way beyond limits, unlocking unhuman strength and endurance. But, he is sure to feel all damage inflicted after he calms down, which means that his life is in dangerif he took too many hits.

Background: Ugdul was born and raised in an orc stronghold near Markarth. Like everyone else, he was trained in battling from the time he could walk. Simultaneously he was interested in the art of blacksmithing and with his mother being the active blacksmith he could learn a lot from her. After he turned 23 his father (that was the father of almost everyone Ugdul's age) was challenged by on of his sons for leadership and his father lost his life during battle. Not agreeing with the new leader (and not really having the desire for that position) Ugdul decided to leave the stronghold to start his own life in Skyrim. His mother gave him a farewell present to express him her feelings of his actions: She took a battleaxe and melted it, out of the metal of the axe she forged two waraxes and gave it to him. After leaving, Ugdul almost immediately put up his first job offer as a mercenary. Of course he was successful, this was the perfect job for the battle loving orismer. He even gained a little fame as he earned himself the nickname 'the fortress' Ugdul likeed that name, so he quickly adjusted to people, that heard of him, calling him that. Right before he turned 25, Ugdul decided to settle down somewhere. As the next town on his route was Solitude, he put his savings into purchasing a small house in the city (although it took more than a few raid assignments to achieve this permission). Since then he also picked up bounty hunting to stabilize his financial situation. After a short while, the Jarl offered him a place in his court as a Thane since he constantly helps the city with wanted criminals and he gets renowned for his actions.

Keidivh seemed a bit lonely in....Solitude

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    Hi, I was invited by DraconicPsycho to join...but that was two days ago and I wanted to ask if I could still join...seeing how you didn't progress much yet.

Just in case I am allowed to join heres my charactersheet:

Name: Ugdul Sharga

Nickname: the fortress

Race: Orc

Resident: Solitude

Skills: Swordsmanship (dual wielding), orcish blacksmithing

Sexual preference: Hetero

Familystatus: Father: Bogamul Sharga – dead; former leader of a orc stronghold

Mother:Ushugob Sharga – 56; blacksmith in a orc stronghold

Brother, Sister, Uncle, Aunt, etc.: Everyone else in the stronghold

Religion: Malacath

Appearance: With a body height of 6''4' and a rather wide and muscular build, Ugdul is a bit more than your average warrior. His dark green skin colour just adds to the abnormality of the nordic norm in Skyrim. His black hair is nicely cut in a mohawk strip and a scar is sealing his left eye. Ugdul was born with odd-eyed with his right eye being light brown and his left eye being dark blue (luckily, no one realises it because of the scar).

Personality: Due to his rough ways of dealing with people, people often misjudge him for a dishonorable brute. But people that know him better than not at all realise that Ugdul is extremely loyal to his friends and clients and is always striving to uphold their trust in him. Ugdul is extremely clumsy when it comes to his fine motor skills, that and his appearance are another main part of the cause of the false judgements people state. The orc loves the sound of metal clashing and the smell of blood on the battlefield, this also means that he does not need much reason to kill someone. That being said, he is very protective and hates seeinng his comrades fall. Ugdul is also pretty dense and is always judging and acting based on his instincts, he hates planning and is more of a spntaneous guy.

Alignment: Chaotic-Good

Strength: fighting, orcish blacksmithing, loyal, protective

Weaknesses: simple minded, weak fine motor skills, weak social skills

Dislikes: seeing his comrades fall, plans

Fears: loosing a fight

Gear: Ugdul's battlegear consists of a full clad orcish armour (head, torso, arms and legs) that are fed with cowfur. He always wears his armour except on special occasions, where he digs up something 'normal' to wear.

Weapons: Ugdul dual wields orcish waraxes, he is no good with bows or other throwing weapons

Magicka: None

Fighting Style: Ugdul is a Tank that can take more than enough damage and deal as much. He always appears on the front lines takes any enemy that is to come. When enraged or near death, Ugdul turns berserk. Letting adrenaline take over his body he is able to push his body way beyond limits, unlocking unhuman strength and endurance. But, he is sure to feel all damage inflicted after he calms down, which means that his life is in dangerif he took too many hits.

Background: Ugdul was born and raised in an orc stronghold near Markarth. Like everyone else, he was trained in battling from the time he could walk. Simultaneously he was interested in the art of blacksmithing and with his mother being the active blacksmith he could learn a lot from her. After he turned 23 his father (that was the father of almost everyone Ugdul's age) was challenged by on of his sons for leadership and his father lost his life during battle. Not agreeing with the new leader (and not really having the desire for that position) Ugdul decided to leave the stronghold to start his own life in Skyrim. His mother gave him a farewell present to express him her feelings of his actions: She took a battleaxe and melted it, out of the metal of the axe she forged two waraxes and gave it to him. After leaving, Ugdul almost immediately put up his first job offer as a mercenary. Of course he was successful, this was the perfect job for the battle loving orismer. He even gained a little fame as he earned himself the nickname 'the fortress' Ugdul likeed that name, so he quickly adjusted to people, that heard of him, calling him that. Right before he turned 25, Ugdul decided to settle down somewhere. As the next town on his route was Solitude, he put his savings into purchasing a small house in the city (although it took more than a few raid assignments to achieve this permission). Since then he also picked up bounty hunting to stabilize his financial situation. After a short while, the Jarl offered him a place in his court as a Thane since he constantly helps the city with wanted criminals and he gets renowned for his actions.

Keidivh seemed a bit lonely in....Solitude

Glad to have a companion with me! Thought Rolard would just be talking to himself :p

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    I was invited by DraconicPsycho to join, but I've never done a Role-play before. Here's my character card.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Falcon-eye

Nickname: Hawk

Race: Argonian

Laterality: Right-handed archer, but otherwise ambidextrous

Alignment: Lawful, but pushes boundaries at times.

Temperment: Level-headed

Sexuality: Straight

Relationship: Single

Religion: Hist, and Stendarr

Occupation: Assassin, but has no ties with the Dark Brotherhood.

Likes: Falcons and other birds of prey, Training birds of prey, Scenic Vistas, Lively music, Rain.

Dislikes: Drunkards, Alcohol - as it dulls the senses, Snow, Sand, Vampires, Trolls, and Dragur.

Fears: Werewolves, Falmer, and Dragons.

Family: Unsure, his lineage is difficult to track due to his family being slaves. But he does have a cousin in Windhelm.

Personality: Quiet, but not shy. Prefers to spend time just outside of a city's boundaries training his Red-tailed hawk, or honing his own skills. He is very patient and level-headed, due to his occupation. Not very talkative and has poor social skills because of it.

Appearance:
    - Looks like the picture below
    argonian_by_victoriadaedra-d4zleb2.jpg
    - Gray-skinned with the yellow highlights on his face.
    - Bright blue eyes
    - Does have both decorations on his horns
    - Build: Athletic and lean, very quick and light on his feet.
    - Short black claws
    - Has a massive scar across his back traveling from the right shoulder around the left side of his waist, and onto his left thigh.
    - Shorter than most Argonians, pushing about 5 foot 6 inches.
    - Has a red and black tattoo of a hawk on his left shoulder, easily visible when he's wearing his armor.

Equipment:
    - Carved black longbow
    - Dual-edged swordstaff
    - Wears specialized black leather armor. It is designed to be as lightweight as possible while providing decent protection from the elements. The armor consists of a hooded, sleeveless cuirass, baggy black pants, black boots, fingerless black gloves, and an archer's forearm guard fastened to his left arm.

Combat:
    - Prefers to stay out of sight when engaging enemies and primarily used his bow. When open combat does break out, he switches to the swordstaff. However, he was never properly trained with the staff so he uses it in a strange manner with awful footwork. When open combat does break out he often flees because he cannot hold his own.
    - Very sneaky, and observant but usually can only get one or two good shots before he's forced to flee.
    - His skill with the bow is quite good, but any other weapon he has literally no skill with.

Backstory:
    Falcon-eye was born in Skyrim, but he's unsure where. His parents were slaves and he spent his first 6 years unloading ships at Windhelm. Eventually, his parents died of starvation and Falcon tried to flee. His master wasn't able to catch him, but hit him with a bladed whip, causing the massive scar. He was taken in and raised by a family of wood-elves who taught him how to use a bow and even some of their animal allegiance abilities. Falcon can only loosely use that gift and only on birds of prey. This is how he got his companion, the red-tailed hawk. He has a special relationship with that bird, and it is trained to follow an obey orders in a similar fashion to a dog. The hawk is named Kohana. When Falcon turned 16, he left his adoptive family and found himself living in Riften, where he ends up taking care of bandit groups and uncovering schemes for anyone willing to pay. At 18, he got the tattoo and discovered his cousin in Windhelm. He finds it difficult to get to know people, especially other Argonians. He gets along best with wood-elves. Despite being raised by elves, he is still a full-fledged Argonian.

- I was reading the RP and if I'm accepted into it, Falcon could be visiting his cousin in Windhelm when Kendov is meeting with everyone.

I am accepting both new applicants, however I will need you two to choose a color for speech. Such as red or green. With this many people it will get hectic.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Can I use yellow?

Last edited:

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    I'll use this for talking, italics for thoughts. Will post tonight to begin Solitude. Do you want us to meet up Windhelm? Or have our own thing for now??

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Ok, so I will be using yellow. When would you like me to start? Should I wait for a cue in the RP or just go ahead?

I'll probably start just outside Windhelm's gates seeking entrance, maybe talking to a guard or walking up to the gates if that helps the scene at all.

One last thing, I never meant to imply that Reez and Falcon-eye are cousins. This cousin can be simply mentioned in the story and never actually make an appearance. I'll leave that aspect to you however. Let me know what you think. Also if I can help smooth things over a bit just let me know.

Last edited:

DraconicPsycho

Dragonman
    Ok, so I will be using yellow. When would you like me to start? Should I wait for a cue in the RP or just go ahead?

I'll probably start just outside Windhelm's gates seeking entrance, maybe talking to a guard or walking up to the gates if that helps the scene at all.

One last thing, I never meant to imply that Reez and Falcon-eye are cousins. This cousin can be simply mentioned in the story and never actually make an appearance. I'll leave that aspect to you however. Let me know what you think. Also if I can help smooth things over a bit just let me know.
    If you want to be Reez's cousin I'm actually fine with that. Up to you though.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    I feel like it would be interesteing. However, Falcon-eye has never met his cousin, he simply knows of his existence. Sure, let's make Reez and Falcon cousins. So, when should I start?

DraconicPsycho

Dragonman
    You could start whenever.

I was thinking to connect the two plots, perhaps Kendov tries to form a mock alliance with Solitude. Kendov is a skilled leader and is going to try to do a "keep your friends close, but you're enemies closer" thing. And as for Markarth maybe Madanach the king of the Forsworn took over, and is ruling the Reach. To and in the Winterhold tunnel plot, Madanach takes over Winterhold after fleeing the Reach. I could play as Madanach to keep in fluent. If anyone wants to add in please feel free.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    I like that idea a lot. Two things:

1.) I checked Zan'Kir's page and it says he hasn't been active for a while, so I don't know what you want to do there.

2.) How should my character come in contact with anyone? I was thinking a bar/inn fight that goes south and he's jailed or wounded and taken to a temple to be healed. Or he could barge in on the meeting after hearing the shouting. I'm just throwing out ideas here so me know if one sticks.

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    That sounds good to me! I was planning on involving the Forsworn in some capacity, so let's do it! It'll be interesting to see two ambitious kings struggling against a common foe while trying to overrthrow each other at the same time!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts