OOC The War of Jarls (No Longer Recruiting)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
    I like that, it fits with my character as well. I would imagine the two wouldn't get along sometimes though. But yeah, I like it.

I was reading up on everybody's character cards and from what I can gather, none of our characters will get along well all the time. Tom does not care for the company of Argonians, so relations between him and Reez would be strained. As you said Kendov and Zan'Kir wouldn't always see eye to eye. My character doesn't take very well around overly-friendly people do that may cause arguments between him and Tom. Plus there is the long-standing feud between Khajiits and Argonians.

Now I'm not slamming the RP or anybody's character, I honestly think the turmoil between characters will add an interesting layer onto the setting. The group must learn to trust one another if they are ever going to have a chance of completing their goals.

This group is getting better and better, it'll be an interesting RP.

DraconicPsycho

Dragonman
    That sounds like a pretty good idea. what about tom? What will happen to his story?

That would work quite well. Given his law-abiding stance and friendliness I think it would go over easily, but maybe we should check with whomever is playing Tom?

DraconicPsycho

Dragonman
    Shall we begin?

Ok, no quarrel with that. Let me see if I can find DraconicPsycho.

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    Hello all, new to this particular forum, but was wondering if I could join this one? I've been looking for a Skyrim rp for awhile, and like to make a char sheet for this

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    @AndgerTheNord
    If it's alright, made myself Lord of Solitude. Figured you'd need some competition!

Name: Rolard Seton
    Alias: “Arcane Blade”
    Sex: Male
    Race: Breton
    Class: Spellsword
    Laterality: Right handed
    Sexuality: Straight
    Marital status: single
    Family: Father and Mother are minor nobles in the Breton kingdom of Wayrest, both dead. Brother Vaynar and sister Ellia live with him in Solitude
    Position: King of Solitude, Lord of Haafingar.
    Patron Deities: Stendarr, Julianos, Magnus
    Affiliations: Knights of the Flame, Ex-Imperial Legion, East Empire Trading Comapny

Appearance:
    Height: 6’2
    Build: lean musculature
    Eyes: Sapphire, glow lightly
    Skin tone: Tan
    Hair: Short, well groomed brown hair
    Facial hair: Well groomed stubble
    Tattoos: Azure tattoo cuts a swathe across hiss right face

Personality: Rolard was always a friendly type of person, having grown quite sociable during his time as a Legionnaire in High Rock and greatly enjoyed his time with his fellow warriors. This time also turned him into a fierce and proud leader. During his service he often fought against Orc Warbands, and lost many other brothers to Thalmor hunting Talos worshippers.
    Rolard is also a well versed politician, as every Breton noble must be to survive. He has been highly trained in the arts of persuasion, deception, and blackmail. Rolard always despised these underhanded tricks though, preferring honorable confrontation. That was until rival nobles had his parents killed and lands revoked. This made Rolard bitter, and gave him the edge needed to be a ruthless and cunning politician. He will stop at nothing to protect his people, and his house.

Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Good: Kind, intelligent, persuasive, cunning
    Bad: Ruthless, underhanded, prideful
    Dislikes: Elves, Orks, political threats, disrespect
    Fears: Loss of family, loss of respect, vampires
    Habits: Commonly plays with the an amulet of House Seton which hangs around his neck, plays with a ritual dagger when bored.

Gear
    Head: Ember Crown, band of enchanted silver, with three sapphires in the front
    Armor: Enchanted Witch Plate. Steel inlaid with arcane markings that glow sapphire around the edges of the armor.
    Clothes: Breton noble clothes

Weapon: Family longsword (enchanted Orsinium blade), ritual steel dagger. Illusion, alteration and destruction scrolls.

Magicka: Rally, calm, clairvoyance, Fireball, flames, flame cloak

Fighting abilities: Rolard is a skilled melee combatant, and there are few who can stand before him when he has a longsword in hand. He is also adequate with magic abilities, which can give him a strong advantage in difficult fights.

Fighting style: Rolard is most confortable fighting in bloody close quarters, leading a group of knights into the thick of the fray. When the battle turns into the enemies favor, his spells can wreak havoc.

History: Rolard was born into a minor noble of Seton in the Kingdom of Wayrest. His family was ambitious, and wished to gain further power in kingdom, and hoped training their son in the military and politics would ensure their ascent to power.

Olard spent a great deal of time campaigning alongside his little brother against Orc warbands, and trained alongside his sister in the realm of politics.

Things seemed idyllic, as their family had achieved great prestige from the childrens service, and was further empowered when Rolard worked out a very profitable trade deal between Wayrest and the East Empire Trade Company. This was shattered however when his parents were slaughtered by envious lords. Rolard called forth the banners still loyal to House Seton, and they fled with all due haste from High Rock.
    When hope seemed lost, Rolard was able to work once more with the East Empire Trade Company. They would help to install him as Lord of Solitude, but only if he could bring order and financial stability to the region once more. A small fleet transported Rolard and his people to Solitude, which had fallen into disarray after the untimely death of Elsif the Fair, which prompted a power struggle. With the Company’s backing and the small army he had, Rolard was able to install himself as King of Solitude, and brought peace back to the city.
    Slowly Haafingar was rebuilt, and Lord Rolard Seton now rules as the first Breton Jarl. However his people are far from safe, as the various Jarls are at each others throats. However, with his bannermen, loyal Imperial Nords, and the primitive “Forsaken” flock to his banner, Rolard see’s a chance his family as a true power of the North.

Goals: Ensure independence of Solitude. Ensure balance of power in Skyrim, by making sure no Jarl gains to much power. Increase influence over the weak Jarls of Morthal and Falkreath.

I like, but how do you want your character to get involved. As of now Kendov and his court are in a secret meeting regarding a possible invasion from Winterhold.

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    I like, but how do you want your character to get involved. As of now Kendov and his court are in a secret meeting regarding a possible invasion from Winterhold.

Something I've been trying to figure out as well. Roland could kind of campaign or plot separately for now? I have q few plans that deal with him struggling to maintain order in Haafingar, or maybe he arrives in Windhelm a diplomatic mission? To get him involved with the main group sooner?

Last edited:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts