1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice

The Ultimate Enchanting Guide

Discussion in 'Skyrim Guides and Tutorials' started by Titanburner, Dec 2, 2011.

1. zParanoia

zParanoia New Member

Anyone know where to find banish or paralyze?

2. Imperio

Imperio Member

about the black star: I also thought that all human souls were grand, but recently I've noticed petty and lesser souls appearing in my Black star, don't understand how this is possible :-S

3. DdraigGwyn

DdraigGwyn Cymru

One thing I am not sure of: is the enchantment I get from a 2 point fire damage ring the same as from a 30 point blade? If so, then I see why using the ring is a good choice, but if the blade produces a stronger enchantment, then i would go with it.

4. stormbringer

stormbringer Member

I need some disambiguation. My smithing and enchantment level is 100, my character level is at 55; I disenchanted some boots with 60% frost resistance but I can not enchant any boots to 60% no matter if I use a grand or black soul gem, So, to get max enchantment must be related to my character level, right?

Reiji, are you saying I can disenchant boots with 20% frost resistance and create a pair with 40% or 60%? I know the bigger the soul gem the more powerful and expensive the item will be but the enchanted item's power must be attributed to a combination of things like:
    1) The size of the gem.
    2) My character's enchantment level.
    3) My character level.
    4) The amount of enchantment/magicka the item I disenchanted originally had.
    5) What I am enchanting (leather shoes vs daedric boots or an iron dagger vs a daedric sword)
    6) The amount of mackica perks I have chosen (I have all three balanced..Magicka, Health and Stamina)

How many of the factors listed in the above is a factor in the enchantment level of what I enchant?
    I really need clarity with #4. #1 and #2 I understand. Not sure about #3 #4 #5 and #6

I disenchanted Gloves of The Pugilist and have had a heck of a time getting the amount of punching power that the original gloves had. Same with soul snare enchantments. I can't enchant items that steals a soul if it dies within 15 seconds like what I disenchanted....even with black or grand souls.

What must I improve to get max enchantment?

5. Gearbox_007

Gearbox_007 New Member

6. AcE Benson

AcE Benson New Member

The Black Star is glitched, and allows any soul to pass through it, if I'm correct. It happens to me too when I go out hunting to fill my petty soul gems.

7. TheLlama

TheLlama New Member

Don't know if this is still updated, but here are some you are missing:

Fortify Barter
    Fortify Unarmed

Silent Moons Enchant

8. Switchy24

Switchy24 New Member

can you add enchantments to random daedric armor pieces made in the atronach forge? I am on console at the moment (yikes I know) and I can not get around the daedric boots glitch where they don't show up in the inventory. I had to make them as a random armor piece but they already have a stamina enchantment on them. I just got enchanting to 100 so I am checking first.

9. RavenWing

RavenWing New Member

FIrst you must have something with the enchantment you want. Go to an enchanting table. Disenchant the item. Now that you have learned it... you can put it on as many things as you want. As long as they can take that enchantment.

10. brentlittle

brentlittle New Member

Regarding the "within X seconds to kill" attached to enchanted weapons, I keep reading from different posts about "adjusting or setting" the time factor to 1 second as if the knowledge to do this is common. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim_talk:Soul_Trap With all the talk about doing this, I have not found one single article on how to set this adjustment. I'm trying to get the "within 1 second time to kill" on my weapon with a soul trap. Anyone care to explain how you "set" the time factor? I'm not concerned with whether or not 1 second is best. I would just like to know how to "adjust" the time to kill since so many posts state that they have done this but never explain how it's done.

11. Chadonraz

Chadonraz Well-Known Member

Here's a video showing how to apply the Soul Trap enchantment on a weapon. At 7:00-> he applies the enchantment, including explaining how to set the time factor and how it affects the number of charges you get. :)

12. Kalkynriir

Kalkynriir Member

Just like to point something out. For the Armor enchantments there is the
    Fort-destro/illusion/resto w/e
    and there is also
    Fort-destro/illusion/resto & Magicka regen

An example, I just went and bought a Grand soul gem and a belted tunic from Farengar (Whiterun) and stepped up to his arcane enchanter.
    With 0 armor 1 weight and about 725 value I can make the belted tunic:

X spells cost 15% less to cast. Magicka
    regenerates 10% faster. X Spells cost 25% less to
    cast.

That's with lvl 100 enchanting and ALL the perks, but with no lvls in any other magic school (Still at 15) Still a 40% cost reduction for just one peice of armor is really nice.

This is on the Xbox however, i've never played on pc/ps3 so it may be different.

13. LoneDovakiin

LoneDovakiin New Member

The enchantent guide was very helpful but I feel the way you enchanted things is a bit slower than what could be best, what I like to do is go to every town and buy as many empty soul gems as possible, and since I like to conjure weapons I filled them all very quickly with a large quantity of them and right now I've made myself about 50 silver and gold rings (Stocked up on silver/gold ore and ingots to craft and level my smiting a bit) to enchant them and I've gone from about 60 to 70 with only 20 rings. It took me awhIle to actually get all the soul gems but even then it was at most an hour of dungeon diving and bandit camp raiding.