• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Macros2308

This is a good topic, thanks for putting it up. I'd like to share my method for leveling up smithing, enchantment, and alchemy, as they all tie in together. To start the game, I just went ahead and did quests, as many as I could, and every time I stopped back in Whiterun I'd sell off my loot, and buy up iron ingots and ore from the three blacksmith's in town. I'd also collect all the hides I could while doing quests and store them in my house along with the ingots and ore. Once I had 500 iron ingots I went to the forge and created iron daggers. With the lover stone on to get an extra 15% boost, I got to 100 in about 495 daggers. I then saved the daggers for later.

Also, during the time I was buying up iron, I was also going to the college at Winterhold and buying lesser and petty gems, both empty and filled, and was storing those at my house. Once I had a total of around 300 gems, I went and enchanted a sword and a bow with soul trap, then put a stack of 30 petty gems and 70 lesser gems on a companion, and gave the soul trap equipment to her, and then went out hunting for small game. After she killed two wolves, by some glitch in the game, EVERY soul gem in her inventory then became enchanted. I then went and began to enchant the daggers made previously. Total, with the mage stone activated, it took around 250 daggers to get my enchantment up to 100 (but it was already at 40 from disenchanting loot). I used absorb health for my enchantment.

Similarly, during both of these stages, I was collecting as many ingredients during quests as I could find and storing them in my house. After I had gotten my smithing and enchanting up to 100, I took all the ingredients out of that chest, copied them into this helpful potion creator guide http://bitemyapp.com/potions/# and went to work creating potions. With all the ingredients I had gathered, my alchemy went up to 85 in one sitting. I then went around to each hold and bought all the ingredients they had in stock, and sold the potions I had just made. After going to each hold once, I went back home and that raised my alchemy up to 100.

Anyway, that is my method, I hope it helps those of you who don't mind exploiting a glitch with the soul gems.

Macros2308

Well, right now I've got a full set of glass armor for my archer that is over the max armor rating, and a glass bow that does 286 damage with only one piece of armor enchanted with fortify archery. The helmet gets a 48% boost to my archery, and there are three other pieces of apparel that I could enchant with that as well to get a 192% boost in archery.

skaterava

There's something confusing me about enchanting items. I'm playing as a mage, and i've just had a LOT of trouble getting through a Dwarven ruin filled with robots that aren't affected by magic much. Moreover, I'm getting a bit sick of having a lack of armour. I don't really want to use protective spells either, juggling between restoration, conjuration and destruction spells is bad enough. On top of that, mages robes generally look quite shabby on Skyrim. I'd love to have some heavily enchanted Thalmor or Psijic Order robes, but that's not possible.

So I made some elven armour, and decided to disenchant my mage robes. I bought a pre-filled grand soul gem for the task. My robes allowed for 75% magicka regen and 15% increase in destructive power. When I try to disenchant, this piece of apparel is greyed-out. I look at my enchantments list, and it states I have already learned this enchantment, albeit at a much weaker level. This was caused by my first disenchantment of robes, which were some rubbish novice ones. I put this weakening down to the fact that I've yet to implement the grand soul gem. Once I've used it, the game will obviously increase the power of the enchantment, right? No. Even with a grand soul, I am stuck with the weaker enchantment.

How can I fix this, besides levelling up my enchantment or using enhancing potions?

DragonBorn

Just wow, amazing thanks so much

Reiji

Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um
There's something confusing me about enchanting items. I'm playing as a mage, and i've just had a LOT of trouble getting through a Dwarven ruin filled with robots that aren't affected by magic much. Moreover, I'm getting a bit sick of having a lack of armour. I don't really want to use protective spells either, juggling between restoration, conjuration and destruction spells is bad enough. On top of that, mages robes generally look quite shabby on Skyrim. I'd love to have some heavily enchanted Thalmor or Psijic Order robes, but that's not possible.

So I made some elven armour, and decided to disenchant my mage robes. I bought a pre-filled grand soul gem for the task. My robes allowed for 75% magicka regen and 15% increase in destructive power. When I try to disenchant, this piece of apparel is greyed-out. I look at my enchantments list, and it states I have already learned this enchantment, albeit at a much weaker level. This was caused by my first disenchantment of robes, which were some rubbish novice ones. I put this weakening down to the fact that I've yet to implement the grand soul gem. Once I've used it, the game will obviously increase the power of the enchantment, right? No. Even with a grand soul, I am stuck with the weaker enchantment.

How can I fix this, besides levelling up my enchantment or using enhancing potions?
The level of the disenchantment item doesn't matter the difference maker is always gonna be the size of the soul gem you use to enchant your item.

Agincourt

'Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!'
The level of the disenchantment item doesn't matter the difference maker is always gonna be the size of the soul gem you use to enchant your item.

And to add to that - Enchantment Skill and Perks and Potions used etc also effect the Finshed Chant, Tip save Grand Souls for when you want to do you own gear not for vendor trash

skaterava

Let me see if I've understood this....Disenchanting an item means you learn the ability to enchant another with the same powers, but not at the same level as the disenchanted one. If I were to have a very powerful enchanted item, the only way to ensure I could enchant another with a similar power level would be based solely on potions used and my enchanting level?

I was under the impression the whole enchantment process was just a swap, albeit with a little of the potency of the enchantment lost. I guess I was wrong.

Reiji

Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um
If I were to have a very powerful enchanted item, the only way to ensure I could enchant another with a similar power level would be based solely on potions used and my enchanting level?

The Strength of the enchantment is based off of your enchantment level,perks, and the size of the soul gem your using to enchant your item. Let's say I have a Elven Dagger and I enchant it with Soul Trap with a Petty Soul Gem and I end up with a Elven Dagger(If opponent is killed within 3 seconds, a soul gem is filled). Now if I have a Elven Dagger and I enchant it with Soul Trap with a Grand Soul Gem. I'll end up with a Elven Dagger(If opponent is killed within 15 seconds, a soul gem is filled).

lvlatt is EDGE

STRAIGHT EDGE
Whats a good weapon to enchant, current weapon Im using is the glass war axe and the damage is at 57, but when i try to enchant it with lighting or fire, the damage goes down to 32? Whats up with that?

Question: Ive been using the dawnstar glitch chest to get enchanted items to disenchant and came across one item that was 20 points of fire damage. The most I can enchant is 10 points, now my question is; how would I enchant to 20 points of fire damage?

Currently a little over 65, I'm working on enchanting my 600 iron daggers (lol)

Lemnisc8

Bunny Protector and Thalmor Killer
Also you might want to note that as your enchanting skill increases, the value of anything you make via enchantments decreases.

For example; I make an iron dagger and slap on absorb health. At level 40 enchantment, this would sell for 250, but at level 100 it sells for 150 (these are mock figures to illustrate my point).

I have one question though: Is it worth having the Arcane blacksmith perk? It seems like a massive waste of a perk slot to me. The armour i'll be wearing is going to be made by me, so surely I would make the armour, upgrade it, THEN enchant it so that I don't need the perk.

Is there any benefit to doing it the other way round, i.e. make armour, slap on enchantments and THEN improve it? Does it improve the enchantment value on the weapon if you do? (This could be the ONLY reason i could see myself needing that perk).

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
After you have these three you'll find an Enchanting Table

Best to call it with its real name, Arcane Enchanter, not Enchantinig Table, to avoid confusions.

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
Also you might want to note that as your enchanting skill increases, the value of anything you make via enchantments decreases.

For example; I make an iron dagger and slap on absorb health. At level 40 enchantment, this would sell for 250, but at level 100 it sells for 150 (these are mock figures to illustrate my point).

I have one question though: Is it worth having the Arcane blacksmith perk? It seems like a massive waste of a perk slot to me. The armour i'll be wearing is going to be made by me, so surely I would make the armour, upgrade it, THEN enchant it so that I don't need the perk.

Is there any benefit to doing it the other way round, i.e. make armour, slap on enchantments and THEN improve it? Does it improve the enchantment value on the weapon if you do? (This could be the ONLY reason i could see myself needing that perk).
What about unique weapons and armor you don't make yourself you need a way to improve them to a decent value

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts