Info The Ula as an RP...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

If you were apart of this RP, what faction would you be apart of?

• The Ula

Votes: 3 23.1%
    • The Half Breeds

Votes: 2 15.4%
    • The Silver Hand

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters

Rekamennos

Account closed
    If you have read my fanfiction, my main character in the story, Leilani, is head of the Ula which is a secretive cult of "pureblood werewolves." They claim that they themselves are cut above the rest of the lycanthropes out there, and any that were not born into the Ula Wolf Pack, werewolf or not, are considered half breeds and prey. Even the half breeds are considered prey.

I don't want to go into immense detail, for the story is where you will gather most of your understanding. While I know there is a lot I have yet to explain, and a lot to be done chapter-wise, I have been pondering on and off with a few close friends about the idea to make my "alternative lore" into a private RP...

I wouldn't want more than a few members, as it would be too much for me to handle, and should I make it an RP I would probably go with the following for the story outline:

1) The player has the choice of being in the Ula with the inborn genetic traits/customs which I would explain in further detail should I make an OOC thread and live the life of a "stealthy and powerful pureblood werewolf." And so they should choose this role, they would be given a rank based on specific roles they could play within the pack due to their gifted ability specific to their very bloodline. Each member of the Ula has a specific bloodline they can trace back into their ancestry, and one thing that sets them apart in their family lines from the rest of the pack members, but of course, all members of that bloodline share that same trait. Kind of like how Empathy is gifted to the females of the royal Aatu bloodline within the Ula.

2) The player has the choice of being a half breed werewolf, and considered prey, with the motive to seek out dominance as the pureblood and powerful pack with ties that lead to the circle members of the companions as their half breed pack's alphas

3) The player has the choice of being a regular human completely free of lycanthropy, and be apart of a long-term cult like the Silver Hand, for example, which I will probably title the one that was the root of the cause of Leilani's parents being murdered back when she was a child, and seek to end Lycanthropy once and for all in Skyrim.

So, a basic plot suggestion would be that basically all of these groups are fighting against each other for power and glory. The half breeds want to take down the Ula so they can demand the "respect they feel they righteously deserve" for having been in the dark for the thousands of years of success in power the Ula has had growing into several different districts that dot Tamriel. There is one sanctuary at least in each Province. Each sanctuary reflects the culture of that province, and the werewolves in their respective sanctuaries all universally uphold the core values that the founding Aatu bloodline brought forth from the "after life," which for spoiler's sake in my story, is a realm called Dabney. Though there hasn't been much active storyline progressed over it, so not much can be said for me ruining it. Anywho, the Aatu bloodline founded the Ula, and have always been alphas, or Queen and King, ever since. When they stepped foot into Tamriel, they used guidance of "Lady Dabney" to seek out other Lycanthropes of greatest ability to form an alliance, and over time that alliance grew into a small pack which kept growing and growing from introduction of different races with the gift and of course expansion across Tamriel constructing by hand the very sanctuaries they all live in today and teach the ways of the Aatu from guidance of their goddess.

But back to the plotline, I figure, that the rejected bloodlines with lycanthropy would also form against the Ula and try to seek out a way to destroy their power and claim it for themselves. The Silver Hand would not know of the Ula until the present day, and had always just been against werewolves in of themselves so it was easy for the Ula all those thousands of years to fight against them to save lycanthropy in general from extinction altogether with their focus on whomever was the most public about their gifts. As modern day comes into perspective, a lucky member of the Silver Hand would catch encoded conversation held in public on a topic that had nothing to do with Ula affairs, but be able to decipher it, and follow some Ula members back to their nest and realize there was more to the werewolves than the Silver Hand thought, thus, bringing power and glory to such a member to discover the raw source of power that is the Ula Wolf Pack giving the Silver Hand an even bigger goal. Since the Silver Hand massacred the royal couple preceding Leilani and Tymvir of modern day, their knowledge of their pack is a huge threat. And so war would be a big threat.

Since the Silver Hand sees taking down the pureblood werewolves as more of a big deal than fighting the half breeds, but still of course focuses on eliminating all werewolves in general making the half breeds as great of a target as well. Further down the story both packs have to unite together to fight against the ever growing Silver Hand to stop them from purging lycanthropy altogether.

I would arrange a system of ranks within the half breed pack, the silver hand anti-werewolf group, and then the Ula wolf pack. The alphas of both werewolf packs would be the Companion Members of the Circle, and then Leilani and Tymvir of the Ula, as well as, maybe a few members of the Skyrim elder council. The restrictions of genetics in the Ula, and of course the position they held within ranks of each faction, would be the only limits on creativity based for character development within the story. Otherwise, all characters would be open to however the player would want to play them. Except of course those who would play as NPC's from the Circle. But of course, for the Ula members, the core values and knowledge of their background would come greatly into play on how they viewed life. I would provide information on that as it were needed in an OOC thread, as well as, genetic information. :)

Main characters would most likely be the heads of the Silver Hand, Leilani and Tymvir, and then of course the circle members...

I don't know if there is anything I left unanswered, and I realize of course details about the Ula and further into the story line are much left up to debate. As for the several districts of the Ula, and the setting of the RP, it would be strictly in Skyrim since this is the "Skyrim Forums" and that is the base of where my story is overall. For anyone playing a main character or important NPC, it would only make sense that they would be granted the respect of their position by all underlings in all factions.... I would also most likely make Tymvir up for play if the player takes in respect of his personality from my fanfic and would roleplay him in such style. BUT THAT I have to think about...

Ummmm..... so tell me what you think, and if it would be successful.

I feel like in comparison to my other roleplay, Blessing, this is more of an open minded storyline. Like I said tell me what you think, because I am still thinking about it myself, and I just want as many opinions on a no go, or a doer for sure.

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
    I would love to be involved, but since your including your mate from the fan fiction... should I even bother to bring Bruynzeel or create a new nord character?

Rekamennos

Account closed
    I would love to be involved, but since your including your mate from the fan fiction... should I even bother to bring Bruynzeel or create a new nord character?

It's all up to debate. It doesn't have to be that way at all. Whatever happens in RP is different than for what happens in my actual story.

Rekamennos

Account closed
    I was also thinking... for maybe the silver hand or perhaps this is just going overboard...vampires could be on their side? Because I wanted to incorporate that enemy but I don't know...

Mini Mongo

Drog Do Faal Mongonite Lahvu
    Rek, before I even read the story you know I can't join, I aint got enough time sorry

Rekamennos

Account closed
    Rek, before I even read the story you know I can't join, I aint got enough time sorry

I'm not looking for joiners, Crayonman, I am just looking for what people think of the idea. That's all.

Mini Mongo

Drog Do Faal Mongonite Lahvu
    I like the base line story, and I think as a private RP with a few members it would be brilliant.
    It's nice to see small stories forging, and with ones as well thought as this it's quite nice, and I'm guessing it would be relaxed which is a nice change.
    This is definitely a new type of RP to us all, and I like it, the only problem I see is what bout mini stories.
    For example, during the line will you have small stories forging to create larger ones, for example on my RP the Invasion of the Damned someone has become infected, and because of this the players are seeking a cure for him.
    On this will there be background stories, rebellions among the tribes ect or will they be extremely loyal to each other?
    One other thing, what if a character has to die for the story to make sense, what will you do if it's a player?
    Apart from those questions.......Epic.

Crayonman, Lord of Madness out.

Rekamennos

Account closed
    I like the base line story, and I think as a private RP with a few members it would be brilliant.
    It's nice to see small stories forging, and with ones as well thought as this it's quite nice, and I'm guessing it would be relaxed which is a nice change.
    This is definitely a new type of RP to us all, and I like it, the only problem I see is what bout mini stories.
    For example, during the line will you have small stories forging to create larger ones, for example on my RP the Invasion of the Damned someone has become infected, and because of this the players are seeking a cure for him.
    On this will there be background stories, rebellions among the tribes ect or will they be extremely loyal to each other?
    One other thing, what if a character has to die for the story to make sense, what will you do if it's a player?
    Apart from those questions.......Epic.

Crayonman, Lord of Madness out.

Questions are good... I like questions that take me a while to figure out how to answer...

Well, as for mini stories, I am not against that. I didn't include that in the idea proposal because stuff like that I didn't figure would be a big deal, I mean, there can't be full on storyline all the time what would be the fun of that? I am a big lover of the down time, getting to know each other's characters, etc. And it would only make sense that there would be rebellion in such chaos, you know, perhaps maybe Ula members taking sides against their pack which is mostly unlike them, but even in my current story, there are Ula members working against the King, Tymvir, because he has a secret past that he hasn't told Leilani completely about.

As for someone dying to make the story make sense, anyone we have die, I figure I'd try to avoid that as much as possible but if it happens, then, it would definitely be something we discussed as a group.

Rekamennos

Account closed
    I just wanted to say, it's very possible, for the half breed group to be left out of this completely so that the battle would be the Ula against the Silver Hand.

Rekamennos

Account closed
    So maybe keep the half breeds, the circle mostly, to be nonplayable characters?

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
    Well I personally think it is a very good idea. You have obviously put a lot of effort into the whole new Lore you created in your Fanfic and to use that in a small RP would be amazing. I

I am a big lover of the down time, getting to know each other's characters, etc.

You are the same as me. I like it when in an RP the group stops at an inn and everyone gets to know each other a bit better. If you incorporated that idea into an RP like this I think it would work extremely well.

I can't see any flaws to your plan and any questions I had have already been answered. The only question I do have is; who would be a part of this RP? Would you be choosing people who you already know and have seen that they are good writers? I noticed that you mentioned Vampires could be a part of this RP if it goes ahead, and you are looking at a huge Vampire fan. I know I haven't been asked and this may sound rude, but if I was allowed to join do you think Circe would have a part to play in it? While she is a Vampire she also despises the rest of her kind so I don't know how that would play out.

Anyway, if I was a part of it or not, I think you should definitely go ahead with this, I would be reading until the very end. :D

Rekamennos

Account closed
    Yeah that's what I would think, that way you actually kill people right?

Well, yes, that would be one way. Then also of course kill some extras in the silver hand. Anyone who is considered prey, really. :3

Rekamennos

Account closed
    Well I personally think it is a very good idea. You have obviously put a lot of effort into the whole new Lore you created in your Fanfic and to use that in a small RP would be amazing. I

I can't see any flaws to your plan and any questions I had have already been answered. The only question I do have is; who would be a part of this RP?
    Would you be choosing people who you already know and have seen that they are good writers?
    I noticed that you mentioned Vampires could be a part of this RP if it goes ahead, and you are looking at a huge Vampire fan. I know I haven't been asked and this may sound rude, but if I was allowed to join do you think Circe would have a part to play in it?

1) I have no idea, because right now I am just gathering opinions on whether this would actually be something successful. I feel like if I did this, I may wait until after I end my story, because in two more chapters I have decided on an ending finally :). But of course there will be more fanfic surrounding a different storyline based on the Ula, and a different main character. If I were thinking right now to put this into a roleplay, at this very moment, I would most likely invite people of my choice based on what I think of their roleplaying style and who I would feel would make this successful.

2) Of course, if vampires are in the story, they would have to be a part of the silver hand. It would make no sense otherwise, unless, you wanted to be a random civilian or something we could work out as to where your character in a nuetral state (factionless) would tie into the roleplay well. Definitely left up for debate, and of course you could use Circe. :rolleyes:

Rekamennos

Account closed
    *Begins to run around screaming in happiness* If your RP is rather far away I may start it soon!

You mean read my fanfic, or do you mean take control of my RP and start it yourself? :eek:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts