OOC The Tsaesci's Foray (TTF) - Character Cards and OOC Discussion

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

OldLace

researcher of all the things
    Ahm, does anyone have an idea of where Ri-taii is exactly? I assume... a room in the keep of Solitude, serving as a dungeon?

Edit: oh my goodness Rath that's completely awful. I hope you're okay

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
    And I'd like to decree that we should have at least one side-quest

Gorzash

Battle-Jaded Orc
    enough said... Lol welcome to the team
    Oh and for those that i haven't told yet
    I have just recently had a death of a freind
    She commited suicide yester day morning at 1a.m
    We found out a few hours ago that she done it because of bullying.
    So I'll post(mabye). just wont be the cheeriest ones
    Don't feel obligated to, if you're not up for it, Rath.

Gorzash

Battle-Jaded Orc
    Ahm, does anyone have an idea of where Ri-taii is exactly? I assume... a room in the keep of Solitude, serving as a dungeon?
    He hasn't written anything about his exact whereabouts, but if you are Tsaesci servants, then I'd presume you'd be out-and-about, relaying messages of miniscule importance, and the like. If they intend on eating you or something equally nasty, then, yes, I think that you'd be chained up in a dungeon. :p

Edit: "Relaying messages" within Solitude, that is to say. Maybe they'd make you do manual labor, too, like hoist up their new banners, and whatnot. :p

Agent C

Dovahkiin
    Name: Cirali

Race: Altmer (High Elf)

SUMMARY
    Cirali is a Altmer that hates any other elf. He has no reason why he just does.
    PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILE
    He is a good friend to those of same race and different non-elven races. He is well-minded and puts others in front of him. He is a gentleman.
    PHYSICAL PROFILE
    Cirali is 6' 0" with Destruction robes with a light leather armour under them for some protection. He has dark black eyes and light brown hair. He looks strong but he is not really. His skin is tanned.
    COMBAT STYLE
    Cirali is a Expert Destruction mage. He likes to dual-wield spells. His most favorite spell is flames. He dual-wields flames in both hands but when taking down larger enemies he uses fireball duel-wielded.
    QUIRKS AND SUCH
    He hates elves that are not Altmer. Put him against a Bosmer, hand-to-hand, Cirali will beat the living Nirn out of him.
    BACKGROUND STORY
    Cirali is from a small village in Morrowind. He was raised in the way of magic. By the age of 18, Cirali was the best Destruction mage in the village. When he was 19 he was thrown in jail for Assault on a Bosmer. When he was 21 he got out and started adventuring. While on his travels he heard of a Tsaesci Invasion. He headed straight for Whiterun.
    This is where the story begins...

OldLace

Well I lied about posting tonight, my router destroyed itself for three hours or so and now I am incredibly tired! However I will have my laptop at class tomorrow, and being a three hour lab, I will probably have time to post something (Θ^Θ)

Gorzash

Battle-Jaded Orc

SUMMARY
    Cirali is a Altmer that hates any other elf. He has no reason why he just does.
    PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILE
    He is a good friend to those of same race and different non-elven races. He is well-minded and puts others in front of him. He is a gentleman.
    PHYSICAL PROFILE
    Cirali is 6' 0" with Destruction robes with a light leather armour under them for some protection. He has dark black eyes and light brown hair. He looks strong but he is not really. His skin is tanned.
    COMBAT STYLE
    Cirali is a Expert Destruction mage. He likes to dual-wield spells. His most favorite spell is flames. He dual-wields flames in both hands but when taking down larger enemies he uses fireball duel-wielded.
    QUIRKS AND SUCH
    He hates elves that are not Altmer. Put him against a Bosmer, hand-to-hand, Cirali will beat the living Nirn out of him.
    BACKGROUND STORY
    Cirali is from a small village in Morrowind. He was raised in the way of magic. By the age of 18, Cirali was the best Destruction mage in the village. When he was 19 he was thrown in jail for Assault on a Bosmer. When he was 21 he got out and started adventuring. While on his travels he heard of a Tsaesci Invasion. He headed straight for Whiterun.

Is is better; he'll have more to contribute to the RP than the other guy. I just think you have to give him a reason to hate other mer. :p That would make him much more interesting, instead of sounding like an in-game character. Also, maybe it's just me, but Altmer seem to love Lightning Destruction Magic. o_O Perhaps you could incorporate that to make it just a pinch less like Old Lace's character. :)

Well I lied about posting tonight, my router destroyed itself for three hours or so and now I am incredibly tired! However I will have my laptop at class tomorrow, and being a three hour lab, I will probably have time to post something (Θ^Θ)

No worries, self-destroying routers are always a pain. >__>

OldLace

As a bit of unwarranted character building advice, racial superiority seems to be a common trait amongst the altmer. This is mostly from living on a sea-locked island, but culturally it seems that they feel that due to their higher connection with magic (written plainly in their names) they feel that they are more authentic mer. Know what I mean? This leads to children being raised to think that they are naturally better than others, creating an imperialistic mindset that led into the current state of attempting to destroy all other races.

So maybe you could use something of that? If you just hate other mer, someone in the RP will probably bring it up, and your character will have nothing to say other than "I just do OKAY" which would be hitting a wall, and make him hard to write.

Agent C

Dovahkiin

SUMMARY
    Cirali is a Altmer that hates any other elf. His reason is that when he was growing up he was bullied by other mer.
    PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILE
    PHYSICAL PROFILE
    COMBAT STYLE
    Cirali is a Expert Destruction mage. He likes to dual-wield spells. His most favorite spell is flames. He dual-wields flames in one hand and the other is lightning, but when taking down larger enemies he uses fireball (or lightning whichever he feels like) duel-wielded.
    QUIRKS AND SUCH
    BACKGROUND STORY
    (The bold is what I changed...)​

OldLace

Hey, figured I'd ask, as I forgot to mention - Mum-mra as she is (that is to say, not the dovahkiin) knows the shout Krii, was wondering if she could know that in this roleplay?
    it was supposed to be mentioned that in her travels in Skyrim she discovered a wall with a dragon-alphabet to nord-alphabet beside it (courtesy of the dead scholar nearby, just like always) and spent a good month learning what it meant. From then she knew how to produce the Thu'um for Krii, then learned later the rest of the thing.

Part two, have you ever noticed that every scholar you see is dead? I saw one dead in a barrow that had no reason to die. No monters nearby, he hadn't set off a trap... he just wrote the secret to a simple puzzle in the next room, then keeled over, with the exit like right behind him. I've ALWAYS wanted to find someone alive in a dungeon setting, not just in the first damn room.

Gorzash

Battle-Jaded Orc
    1. My mind is clambering around... What exactly does the Shout Krii do? It's fine if you know shouts, as you are a mage arch-type and explain plausibly why Mum-mra is able to Shout.

2. Haha, same here. If I remember correctly, Arvel the Swift is the only person you ever meet in the middle of a dungeon, who is neither dead or trying to kill you. He's just a troll.

3. Where did everyone else go? o_O Rath, Rale, Ajones, Allet. Maybe I'm just overreacting because I've never gone two days without many people posting in a fairly active RP. Maybe it's the transition is setting? I dunno. Lol

OldLace

1. Krii is 'kill', it lowers defense and causes poison damage for a while. It's Marked For Death, if you know it. I ALWAYS used it because Argonians say it like BOSSES, if you know anyone with an Argonian make them say Krii. (Fun fact: the full shout is broken. The words are krii lun auss, and characters say it Lun lun aus. which is RETARDED because krii is literally the best dragon word there is.)

2. It's so annoying! When I go to see where a ton of kidnapped people are, it's not surprising when I find them all murdered. Even though the sound effect for "whoooah didn't expect that" comes on, it's like, yes I know. I know they're dead. Thanks for not letting me save the little girl.

3. I dunno! You can message them maybe, see if the scene change is what it is, but more likely is last week was spring break and school's up again haha. Not that I know age ranges or anything, but just sayin'

Also the only reason Arvel was still alive was because, being trapped in a web, he couldn't write anything in his journal about how he was dying. Because everyone in Skyrim spends the last precious seconds of their lives writing on paper.

Gorzash

Battle-Jaded Orc
    Isn't that Word Wall only in the Falkreath Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary? o_O Oh well, it's fine. If it truly sounds that epic when Argonians say it, then go for it.

I KNOW. It's like, "Objective: save Sarynja from the pirates located at Broken Stone Outlook."...
    "Objective: report the murder of Sarynja to Holdif." I'm waaaay ahead of you, objective-giving mechanism.

I shall wait... I'm new to this stuff, so I'm probably concerned for nothing. Lol.

OldLace

Actually, if the wordwalls change what they say based on what you have. For instance, if you didn't have krii but you found the word wall for lun, it will simply teach you krii. otherwise youd know the second word and not the first

Gorzash

Battle-Jaded Orc
    To all that are here, I was thinking that after our loosely acquainted circle of characters leave for the Great Porch one by one (or however you'd like), we could end up grouped in the same company (battalion (entire militia) > company > platoon > squad). From there, we could be separated into two different squads, but we would soon join up after our company is dispatched to Markarth. I was just thinking that this would add a little to the plausibility of the whole scenario, instead of us just happening to all get grouped in the same squad of seven men. This would fracture our current setting of Dragonsreach into maybe two new settings, plus Lace & Tai's setting in Solitude. What do you think? Maybe that's a little too complex...

Edit: I forgot about that, OldLace. o_O

OldLace

Just sos you know I like this. Gives characters the time to develop and socialize in smaller groups before meeting up, saying Whoah what are the chances?, then meeting up with mum-mra and ri-taii and punching the tsaesci's main force right in the face.

Also, how does everyone here say Tsaesci? I've been thinking "sa-es-shii'.

Gorzash

Battle-Jaded Orc
    Thanks, I'm glad. ^_^

"Say-shii" or "Says-kii." I keep interchanging them. Lol

Ajones2323

The Black Knight
    Hey, Gorz, i'm gunna be gone until tomorrow, so if need be then you can control Tove for the time being. Judt don't do anything drastic ;)

Gorzash

Battle-Jaded Orc
    Haha, alright. :) It'll be perfect since he has been grouped in the same squad as Gorz and Ahsamiir. My posts will make me look like a schizophrenic. xD

So that leaves... Rale, Rath, and possibly Agent C or Teritus (both of them would like the last spot in the RP, so we'll have to decide...) to be grouped to together in another squad, but in the same company (Lieutenant Hrongar's Fourth Company).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts