OOC The Trials of Fortune: Sign-ups

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

DatBoi

Setting
    The year is 4E 250. 49 years since the Dragonborn saved Skyrim from the dragons, and 49 years after the civil war. The civil war ended in a treaty, which dictates that the Stormcloaks gain control of Skyrim, but the Empire can maintain a fort just passed the Cyrodiil - Skyrim border, and use the region for trade and other such peaceful things. However, the overall influence of the emperor is miniscule in Skyrim, with only a few loyal followers remaining.

Since then, Skyrim has been reasonably peaceful. But, the quietness will change soon, as an event brings people from all of Tamriel to the lands of Skyrim. You have received a letter - a private invitation - to participate in this event. It reads as follows:

Greetings,

I, Brentus Balentia of Cyrodiil, would like to invite you to join the The Trials of Fortune! This is a high-stakes event, in which participants from all over Tamriel will come to Skyrim and compete in order to win a fortune of 150,000 Gold! However, to win this life-changing sum of money, you must be prepared to undergo harsh and dangerous trials, which could very well result in your death. Those who survive the trials will move on to compete in the battle royale, where they will fight duels or three-way fights against the other competitors. This could also result in death or severe injury, so please be aware! The contestant that wins their battles will be given the prize, and will be allowed to spend it as they wish.

If you accept, and agree to participate, meet me at the entrance of Mzulft. Hurry, as the competition begins soon!
    Kind regards,
    Brentus Balentia of Cyrodiil

The Trials of Fortune
    The Trials of Fortune is an event organised and set up by the powerful, wealthy man that is Brentus Balentia. It is a series of trials that incorporate extremely difficult objectives and dangerous enemies. If you overcome these trials, you will be sent to the battle royale. In the battle royale, you will compete against the other contestants who've completed the trials. You will fight in knock-out rounds against one or more opponents. I you work your way up to become one the final two contestants, you will fight a final battle. If you win, you receive a huge prize of 150,000.

I will decide the battle royale with a custom calculator, but, you are free to RP what happens to you in the trials. I will not need to calculate that section.

How do the Trials work?
    When all of the contestants arrive at the doors of Mzulft, Brentus (I will play Brentus), will organise them into teams of four. Brentus will then inform them of their first trial, and the teams must complete. Be advised, you must work with your team, or you'll most likely end up dead. After completing the first trial, you will be informed of your next trial and so on.

If you are interested, please fill out an app (below). I will also add a few NPC characters to compete. Teams will be made of one RPer and three NPCs, unless you ask to be placed with a fellow, willing player. The RPer (you) will have full control of the NPCs of their team, and the actions they perform. You may dictate what happens to your character, and the NPC characters, during the trials. Sometimes, I'll intervene if god-modding or low-quality RP takes place. Either way, I expect some NPC deaths on all teams. I may sometimes ask, however, that one of the NPCs is kept alive to compete in the battle royale.

How does the battle royale work?
    In the battle royale, a knock-out competition will take place, I will organise matches for your character to compete in. If you succeed in all your matches, you win. Simple as that. All RPers will make it to this stage, unless you to tell me you don't want to.

I will use a calculator to judge the outcome of the battle,
    though, so be prepared to win or lose. It won't be my choice. I will provide each participant of the match with a report on the way it went, including injuries on both contestants. If you are an RPer and wish that you are not killed, and just knocked out from the tournament, tell me in your application.

If your match was against an NPC, you are free to RP the battle, and all details of how it went down and what happened, as long as it follows my report. The first person to post the outcome will be allowed to describe the way the loser lost the match. If your match was against another RPer, then the RP is up for grabs. Any person who participated in the battle will be allowed to RP how it went down, as long as they're the first to do so from their match. That first post will be viewed as canon, unless I deem it god-modding or low-quality.

Rules
    Just follow these rules, and you'll be set.
    - No God-Modding
    - DatBoi's word is final. Don't worry though, I won't abuse it.
    - No insulting other RPers in OOC
    - No protesting to the outcomes of the matches
    - No foul language, other than words like bastard and bitch, to be used in the RP. Watch your profanity.

Applications
    If you would like to join, you must fill out a form and post it here. Here is a template. Use this, or make your own. Just follow the questions, please.

General Information
    Name:
    Race:
    Class (Mage, warrior, archer etc. Hybrids allowed):
    Appearance:

Traits
    Good Characteristics:
    Bad Characteristics:

Abilities
    Major Skills:
    Minor Skills:

Fighting
    Style (Thorough Description):
    Experience:
    Strengths:
    Weaknesses:

Other
    Equipment (Armour, weapons, potions, satchels etc.):
    Personal History:

Last edited:

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    This looks very interesting, and well thought out. I may be interested in posting a CC here, however I am undecided. I will wait for more activity and other rpers.

Sid

The fairly crap Pokémon trainer....
    Hmm... I second that. I've been outta the game for a while so I'm not sure whether I will or nah, but I sure as hell wanna

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    I must admit that this format certainly is... interesting. I'd be willing to return to RPing if this thread picks up steam.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts