• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Lyron opened the door into the Dead Man's Drink, in Falkreath. The musty air made his nose itch. He walked to a table in the corner of the tavern, and sat. Placing his bow on the table. "....Four have heard your call my child...." The Elder bow spoke to him, "....A warrior of silence....A warrior of High Rock....An alchemist....And last....A warrior of Hammerfell...." Lyron listened to his bow's words in silence. He didn't remove his hood, as many would recognize him and his troubled past. "What about the New Septim's Army?" He whispered to it. "....Your foe awaits you....In the Evergreen Grove...."

Lyron thought about where this place was. It was northwest of Falkreath, he thought, and they wouldn't be there for long. He hoped the warriors his Elder spoke of, would come soon.

Vydarr entered the inn, and sat down at a table looking at a paper in his hands again. It had said something about helping a man, but it was fairly vague. He looked about the room, waiting for something to happen. He gestured to the innkeep for a drink, before unsheathing his heavy warhammer and setting it down next to him.

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
    Ashley entered the bar carrying a large knapsack. Shewalked over to the bar to order some food. "Weird." She whispered to herself. "This letter said some guy needed my help. But the note didn't say anything besides that except to meet here." Ashley took off her knapsack and set it down next to the stool she was sitting on as the barkeep gave her some cooked beef.

FlickerWick

El. Psy. Congroo.
    Alphonse shoved the crumpled note into his satchel. As he reached for the wooden door's iron handle, a torrent of thoughts rushed through his head - what was this all about? Who was he meeting? Where would he be headed?

"I guess that will all become clear in time.", he thought to himself.

The steel ring chilled his skin on contact as the rain spluttered against his back. Not wanting to come down with a nasty case of Verycoldtaxia, he pushed the door open without hesitation. The murky, grim atmosphere outside was soon washed away - light rushed out of the Inn and the sound of clashing mugs resonated in his ears. The young alchemist took a few steps forward before turning to shut the door. It was a heavy door, carved out of what looked like northern oakwood, yet the need to lock away the weather was greater than the effort it took to shut it. Alphonse proceeded towards the counter, where he took a seat next to a young Breton woman.

"What'll it be, m'lord?" asked the barmaid without making eye contact. She had noticed his arrival, despite being thoroughly absorbed in her scrubbing of a mug.

"I'll have a glass of mead, if you will. It's taken me a fair while to get here - my throat'll kill me if I don't douse it with something like that before long." he replied, glancing down to his side and scratching the base of his neck. His supply of drinks had gone missing whilst running away from the crazed farmer and his goat, an incident which he had hoped to forget sooner rather than later.

"Coming right up!" she said, before turning to the shelf and reaching for a bottle.

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
    Asteria stood in the doorway of the inn, feeling awkward. She looked at the note in her hand, cryptically simple, very little direction apart from the location to meet. She sat down at the bar. A drink would relieve the awkwardness some. There were already some patrons, perhaps some mead would smooth down a conversation some.

"A flagon of your house mead!" she commanded to the barmaid.

"Coming right up," the barmaid replied.

Asteria looked around the room nervously. A man needed her help, the note said. Well, there were a couple gentlemen in the inn, a fellow Redguard and a Breton sitting a few stools down....and then there was the stranger sitting in the corner, a hood over his head like he did not want to be recognized. I wonder if he might be the one...he seems as mysterious as the note, she thought to herself as she nursed her mead.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Lyron noticed all the people his Elder had told him about. He knew right away, this fellowship was going to be perfect for the task at hand. "....Shall I speak to them....My child?..." The bow asked him. Lyron nodded in response.

"....I am the one who has called you here....Enter the basement of this tavern....Do not speak to anyone....When you arrive in the basement....We will be waiting...." The Elder Bow whispered to the ones who had been brought here by his note. Lyron stood up, and walked without hesitation to the basement. He entered the basement, and hid behind the mead kegs. He wanted not to be seen by them, until the bow told him it was safe. "....They are coming to us....My child....Revenge will be ours!..." The Elder bow said to him. This was alot more than revenge, it was his promise. He would kill every member of the New Septim's Army, by any means necessary.

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
    Asteria swirled the mead in her stein. The amber liquid sloshed against the sides and she allowed her mind to wander.

"Go to the basement."

...this wasn't her voice, this was something else. A whisper, delicate yet authoritative, the call to action coming from an unknown mystical being. The anonymous aura filled the room, and yet despite the unfamiliarity, Asteria knew to trust it. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed movement coming from the hooded being in the corner. It gathered itself and proceeded toward the basement. I should follow, thought Asteria, and she finished the last swig of her mead in one sweeping gulp and followed the hood downstairs.

"Hm? What didya say there, mate?" Vylarr said when he suddenly heard the voice. Looking for the one who said it, he went over all of the visitors sitting near him, but none of those were talking to him. What's this now then, he wondered, before standing up from his nice place and taking his warhammer with him in one hand. He walked to the basement, where another Redguard like himself also was headed.

FlickerWick

El. Psy. Congroo.
    The cold mead ran down Alphonse's throat as he reached for his satchel once more. Pulling the note out, he gave it another look.

"What is this all about?", he thought to himself. Who wanted to meet him? More importantly, why did they want to meet him? It all seemed a bit confusing, yet he was determined to find out the answers to his questions. After all, he hadn't come to the gloomy town of Falkreath for nothing.

Unsure as to what he should do next, he turned to the barmaid once more. As he straightened out the scrambled scrap, the young Breton woman's attention was immediately diverted to what Alphonse had in his hands - if she was trying to hide her penetrating gaze, she wasn't doing a very good job. She continued to look as he laid it out on the table in front of him.

"Hey. Has anybody who's expecting company come in here recently?" he enquired. The Breton had since returned her eyes to her own business.

"Company? Let me think...come to think of i-" she replied - on that note, the noise in the room began to slowly drain away until nothing but silence remained. If Al was confused before, he was more so now than ever. What was happening? The mead was still flying. The fire's ferocious shadow still loomed ominously on the wall. The barmaid's lips were still moving, yet not a single sound remained. Thinking it to be a headache or something of the like - he had had a long, rough day - he decided to wait it out and see what would come of this bizarre happening.

"...the basement...we'll be waiting..."

And just like that, the silence was shattered. Sensation then rushed back to his ears, bringing with it a brief bout of deja vu - it was almost as if he was entering the building for a second time, just like before.

"Are you alright? You look a little puzzled." quizzed the barmaid, wondering why Alphonse was fiddling with his ears.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for the information!" he lied, having not heard a single word of any interest. "I've got to do something, here's the coin for the mead." he continued, sending a handful of septims sliding in her direction.

The young alchemist stood up and turned around. He feared that he would be crushed under the weight of his own curiosity if all of these questions were not answered soon. Who's voice had he heard? Who were the 'we' the voice spoke of? Al was under the impression that he was only meeting the one person. As the basement door drew closer, the thoughts in his head continued to run around like a pack of rabid wolves. Much to his amusement, the door was already open.

He took his first step into the unknown, his pulse coursing with a strange mixture of adrenaline, curiosity and fear.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Lyron waited behind the kegs of mead, in silence. As one by one, the for-told members of the fellowship arrived in the basement. "....It is safe now....My child...." The Elder bow encouraged him. Lyron stepped out from behind the keg. As he did so, a gust of wind blew out all candles, making it dark. Lyron swiftly pulled out his bow, and slammed it on the table. The Elder bow glowed bright enough so everyone could see him. Lyron pulled the hood off of his head, and looked at the fellowship. "Welcome," he said with no hesitation, "you must understand our... Secrecy and hesitation. We do not seek help often."

Lyron looked at the group. All of which the Elder Bow spoke of. "I, am Lyron Dryearmitore," He announced, "The Shadow of Silvenar."

"....And I....I am his Elder Bow....The souls of his ancestors....His guidance ..." As the bow spoke to them, it glowed along. "Our note was brief, but we will answer all the questions you have," he continued, "I have been hunting a group called the New Septim's Army, all of my life. They murdered my family. My people. My tribe. And I.... We, are all that is left." He said gesturing to the bow, head down.

"We called you here specifically, because we thought you would be best for the task," he explained, "a warrior of Silence, of High Rock, of Hammerfell, and an Alchemist."

"....Your skills....Have proven proficient....We require them...." The Elder Bow added. "I have tracked them to narrow passage, north of hear, called North Brittleshin Pass," Lyron directed, on a map he had just pulled out, "We will go, and kill all of them." Lyron was hesitant in explaining the mission, as it was brutal, and barbaric. It was more than a personal mission to him.

"This is no mere group of bandits," he explained sternly, "it is an army, of well trained, viscious people. They plan to take back all of Skyrim, and Tamriel, by killing all who are not Imperial. They do this by carrying on all the torture techniques taught in the 2nd age, by Tiber Septim himself. When taking over Valenwood." Lyron looked at them all hopeful they would accept the mission. "Money is no problem, I will pay what you ask," he commented, almost pleading, "Will you join us?"

As Lyron finished explaining, a flashback came to his mind. The heat, from the fire set to the forest. The screaming of the people, being slaughtered in the streets. The crashing, from his home city, being torn to pieces. He saw his parents, Laying dead next to his burning home. The blood soaked cave, of his Sangartii tribe. Tears ran down his face, as he looked down at the map. He couldn't forget all the horrible thoughts that were imprinted into his mind. His loved ones. He promised them all protection, and couldn't give it to them. He made it his goal to avenge all the men, women, and children, that had died in vein.

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
    Asteria looked into Lyron's eyes through the dim light of the bow and saw pain. His story had been brief, but eloquence was not necessary to convey his feelings on the subject. Her simple desire to do something new and exciting had now become a silent quest for vengeance. "They plan to take back all of Skyrim, and Tamriel, by killing all who are not Imperial." Lyron's words echoed in her head, repeating like the ticking of a pendulum on a clock. With each beat, her blood got warmer, her breathing got deeper and her grasp on her sword got tighter. She looked around at her cohorts, but their faces were obscured by the dark of the room. She couldn't tell what they were thinking, what they were going to say in response to the invitation of the illuminated bow. The silence filled the room, the only sound coming from the footsteps and raucous laughter of the patrons upstairs. No one spoke.

Finally, Asteria decided that she would lead the way.

"I am at your service."

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
    Ashley carefully listened to Lyron's explanation on why the four people had been assembled. As he talked, she couldn't help but be mesmerized by the talking bow. That bow is amazing. She thought to herself. It is in fantastic shape. No, I got to focus. Ashley listened as Lyron explained that this Army was going to take over Skyrim and Tamriel. This enraged her. She could see the desperation in the man's eyes. The man needed this revenge. "I can tell you need to do this. I'll join you in this quest." She walked over to Lyron. She reached into her bag and pulled out her own weapon, Starfang, a Stalrhim one handed sword.

"My sword is at your side whenever you need it." Ashley said.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Lyron was relieved when two of the fellowship accepted his quest. "I am at your service." The women called Asteria said first. Lyron nodded in response, grateful. "I can tell you need to do this. I'll join you in this quest." The other woman said second, while holding out her sword. Lyron acknowledged her gesture. He grabbed the hand that held out the sword, and pushed it to her chest. "You will need it more than I," He said.

Vylarr was digging up snots in his nose while listening to the story that weird guy with the fancy bow was telling. He almost let out a wide yawn, but when he heard about the dead family, his eyes suddenly started to water. Rubbing the water away from his eyes, he almost hit one of the others with his warhammer carelessly in one hand. When the two ladies offered their aid in the adventure, Vylarr couldn't help but let out a sob and say he would come too. He set the warhammer down on the floor with a loud thump, making a crater in the woodwork.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    (OOC: Flicker Wick, I am saying no for you, all because you haven't responded ever since the the thread started. So you are out. If you want back in, tell me, and you NEED TO POST! Ok so the thread isn't dead.)

Lyron was almost happy that he had the help. Still one of them looked concerned, "I think I'll pass," the man called Alphonse said, "Might be a little risky for me sorry." Lyron watched as the man walked up the stairs to the tavern above. At least he had the other 3. "Well then, we should get going," He told the group. Lyron grabbed his bow and and threw his bag over his shoulder, making for the back entrance. He walked up the outdoor steps leading from the basement, into the cool, brisk night of Skryim, and headed north east. "We will walk around the eastern shore of lake Ilinalta, and then head west," he continued to explain as he walked, "that will lead us to where the New Septim's Army is located." Lyron was determined and ready to remove the plague that burdened him.

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
    Asteria stepped out into the cold Skyrim air. The chill nipped her nose as she walked in silence with her three companions, the quiet broken by boots clicking against the stones that littered the forest floor. Finally she spoke, words that she had been wondering since she agreed to the quest: "so, I get that we're fighting the New Septim's Army, I get that they destroyed your homeland and killed your family, but who exactly are they? What exactly are we up against? Are they mages? Warriors? Archers? A mix? And forgive me for sounding defeatist, but how exactly are the four of us going to go up against a whole army?" Asteria's questions were driven more by curiosity than strategy; it was never her strong point. She liked to rush in, blades swinging, limbs flying, but she was wondering what the New Septim's Army would be like.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Lyron listened intently to the questions Asteria asked. He knew she was curious, and he was prepared to answer. Lyon said looking back at her, "They are an army, and are very well trained." Lyron was careful on how to tell them this, as it was a large task to ask of someone. "As for how we take them down? My strategy is to funnel them all out into the narrow South Brittleshin Pass. The thing I am most worried about is their leader. He is said to be the descendant of Septim himself, but this may be just a myth."

"If this is to much for any of you," Lyron said stopping, "I will understand." Lyron hoped this wasn't the case, as

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
    Asteria didn't have to think twice about Lyron's offer to back down. She had made her decision, had pledge her allegiance, and she intended to stay with it until the bitter end. Bottlenecking sounded like a solid plan, and she was glad for Lyron's ability to strategically plan out a battle. Despite her previous concerns, Asteria found herself more and more anxious to find herself in the thick of battle. Her life had been pretty dull up until this point, the exhilaration of her life hanging on the line was overwhelming. But, for now, she kept her mouth shut and continued on with the group.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts