• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Hello! I have one thread already, and I am enjoying it, so here is another one.

Rules:

1. No OP characters
    2. Only 3-4 slots for recruiting (-1 I have reserved).
    3. No large changes to the story line
    4. No abuse! I will personally see to it that everyone on the thread is safe from cyber-abuse

Here is the story!

Lyron is hunting down the people who had killed most of his tribe. A large group called "The New Septim's Army". A lot like the farsworn, they relay on gorilla warfare, and slavery. They have been killing alot of the tribes of the Sangartii, all over Tamriel. As the chief of the long "extinct" Valenwood tribe, he has been tracking them for a lot of his later life. He takes this business seriously, and needs 3 or 4 strong warriors to help him take out some of this group. If you want a deep back story on my character, check out my Fan Fiction. Thanks!

Characters So Far:

1. Lyron Dryearmitore as Himself

2. Imperial_Pain as Asteria

3. FlickerWick as Alphonse Aerrick

4. Speagy as Ashley Rittle
    5. Hermaeus_Mora as Vydarr Lagon
    RECRUITING IS NOW CLOSED

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Hey the RP character I will be playing is myself! AKA: My skyrim character. Click the very bottom link in my signature to see his Character Card Thanks!

FlickerWick

El. Psy. Congroo.
    In, if you'll have me. Although I don't fit the profile for a strong warrior, I think I'd be pretty useful...

My character card

I'm basically a non-combat alchemist - Alphonse Aerrick - who can brew helpful brews, lethal poisons and assist from a distance with a bow. Extremely weak in direct combat though so I'd need some people to have my back! :eek:

Think of my as the tactician/behind-the-lines type of guy in a typical party.

Here is an example post of mine;

Example post

I think it's pretty good. Not my best post, but it's the first one I could find and I've got to dash - let me know what you think. ;)

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
    I slept on this some, here's what I came up with. Character card is going here, I don't want another card disrupting Annalysa's blog...she appreciates the invite, but you know as well as I do, she'll be bloody useless to Lyron (except maybe as the army's drunken tart LMAO):

Name: Asteria
    Race: Redguard
    Looks: Mocha skin, brown eyes, dark hair. Wears elven armour that she crafted herself. The ebony sword she carries was once owned by her father, stolen out of his armoury when she left home. They have not been improved yet, every time she has come across anywhere with a forge that was the last thing on her mind. When not dressed for combat, she wears just a plain brown dress.
    Class: Warrior
    Major Skills: One-handed, Block, Restoration
    Minor Skills: Archery, Destruction, Smithing
    Positive Characteristics: Fearless and loyal. When she chooses a side, she stays with it. Good at admitting her mistakes. Good at armour and weapon repair.
    Negative Characteristics: Has a tendancy to rush head-first into battle without thinking about tactics, and even if she does it goes out the window in the heat of battle. Has the scars to prove it. Had to pick up Restoration as a result - and even that fails her at times. Oh, and she's scatterbrained.
    Backstory: Asteria lived a relatively normal life: happy childhood, happy adolescence, little conflict. But where some would see that as a good thing, Asteria finds it dull and wants excitement. So she's been travelling Tamriel, looking for shenanigans to get involved with, maybe with some personal growth to go with it.
    Side note: She's terrified of spiders. Will kill them, but won't be happy about it.

You guys are gonna hafta bear with me, this is my first RP. I promise to not screw it up too bad. :)

*EDIT* added a couple of things that I forgot...like what she looks like and her class *facepalm* See, I told you this was my first time LMAO.

Hello!

I'm a veteran RPer on this site as well as others, and i'd like to play with you if you'd have me. If so, just tell me and i'll look up my old character card ;)

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Hey guys, thanks for getting back to me so fast. As you know, Imperial_Pain, you are already in. I'm sure you will do great. I am an amateur myself. FlickerWick, I have never done an RP with an alchemist before, but I am sure your bow will be handy in battle, as well as your brewing skills! Your In. Hermaeus_Mora, I have another RP that has gotten crazy with characters, and I am sure you understand this. I need to see the character card that you will be using in order to allow you in. So post that, and I will update you. Thanks!

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
    I wanna join, but I don't really understand character cards. Do I just describe my character? I'm basing this off my current character, so If I can't use the armor/weapon, I can downgrade.
    Name: Ashley Rittle
    Race: Breton
    Appearance: Ashley is short with light skin. She has Blonde hair and green eyes. Wears tavern clothes when not in combat. In combat, wears Stalhrim armor and a sword, and sometimes her bow at her side. Has a bone hawk necklace and a silver amethyst ring that is enchanted, both gifts she received from her family before she started traveling.
    Class: Warrior
    Major Skills: One handed, Archery, Smithing
    Minor skills: Illusion magic, Two Handed, Alchemy
    Backstory: Ashley always wanted to be an explorer. At the age of 20, she left High Rock for Skyrim. During her time in skyrim, she traveled to Whiterun, apprenticed as a smith to Eorlund Gray-mane where she learned to be an expert blacksmith. She then traveled to Falkreath, where she practiced Archery with the hunters. After exploring most of skyrim, she caught passage to Solstheim, where she spent two years learning how to craft Stalhrim into armor and weapons. She is now back in Skyrim, doing odd jobs around Whiterun.
    Characteristics: She is a smart and kind woman. Ashley has little fear, the only exception are Wispmothers, due to an encounter with one while traveling through Skyrim. Despite being a Breton, Ashley is not very good at magic and knows little to no spells.

Welcome to the forums, Sqeagy!
    A Character Card is just a little page where you describe your character, like you did. It looks fine, if you ask me.

Lyron, I am going to be making a new character card for this RP. I think you need a fighter-focused character, no?

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
    Alchemist = healing potions. Sounds pretty useful to me :)

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk 2

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Wow, this was quick, and spots are filling up fast. Ok Speagy, I like your character, and since this is your first RP as well as Imperial_Pain's, I'm sure you will both do great. Your In. Hermaeus_Mora, yes, a warrior would be a nice touch to this fellowship. 2 archers, 3 warriors. I think it would be great. Just make it your own! Your in as well.

Name: Vydarr Lagon
    Race: Redguard
    Appearance: A tall, muscular Redguard with medium-short dark hair and deep green eyes.
    Skills: Two-handed, heavy armor, speech
    Equipment: Glass warhammer, Full Dwarven armor
    Personality: A somewhat antisocial brute, Vydarr doesn't like to talk very much and when he does talk he usually shouts insults at an enemy of his. He also is an alcoholic. Nevertheless, he is very protective of his friends and loyal to a fault.
    Biography: Vydarr is the son of a Redguard mercenary based out of Skyrim. His mother was a tavern wench with whom Vydarr's father had a one-night stand, but he nevertheless took his son in and started training him in the arts of battle and fighting. Vydarr occasionally helped his father with the jobs that came in after some time. It was on one of these jobs, that Vydarr's father died, killed by a rampaging mammoth he had been hired to kill. The death caused Vydarr to rethink his way of life, and he decided he didn't want to be a mercenary. The only thing he could do, however, was fight. So he sat in the tavern for days, spending all the money his father had left him.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    The official thread is now open for you guys to post on. Have fun. I forgot to mention, If you didn't read the fan fiction, That Lyron's bow, is something called the Elder Bow. It was made with the branch of the last standing elder tree, that was burned down a couple hundred years ago in the 2nd Era. It is
    charmed by the souls of all his ancestors, which guide him in what he does. As well as enchant his arrows before he fires them. So I just thought that I would fill you in on that. Thanks.

FlickerWick

El. Psy. Congroo.
    Can we give each other colours and write people's character's dialogue in said colours? It makes it easier to read and keep a track of what's going on. For example, I'd take colour X, and my dialogue, only my dialogue, would be written in that colour.

I'd like the colour yellow, as that's what I used for my last RP and I'm used to it. :eek:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts