• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    Ah, just giving an option for those outside of countries that use Fahrenheit. If you have a point of reference for Fahrenheit then, by all means, use that! Its obviously easier, but all of that means nothing to me unless I convert it because we don't use Fahrenheit.

JRMoosePaul

Stormcloak Warrior
    If you say so. All you gotta do is multiply it by 1.8 and the add 32

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    Yes and no. same location although reimagined for dramatic effect. It's full size similar to the one in the Whiterun walls and is not next to a cave but stands alone.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    Ah, then there is no overhang. Is it in the open? I imagine that would be a great target spot for anyone hoping to suppress Talos worship to observe them. Sorry if I'm being a bother, I just like to get a good mental image of the area before I post.

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    Yes it is in the open but because of this people stopped visiting out of fear of attracting dominion attention.

Also considering the design of his armor and his past it would be reaalllly easy to think Daruin is still dominion. The armor is currently hidden under furs to keep him warm... for now

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    Also...
    The Talos Restoration

Mirro9@ writing for Daruin
    CapObvious writing for Kaenach
    Ellen Ripley writing for Rahd Sette
    JRMoosePaul writing for Hraldur
    Thatguy2 writing for Gerulf
    Hlif’Ulfr writing for Céleste Moulin

NPCs

Here is a cast list with all of the character names directly linked to the CC's posted on this thread for reference. I picked the green for NPCs as it will be able to show up on Taptalk and also goes nicely with the colours we already have while still standing out. This is obviously only for those that want to/ can use the text colours and want to honour our little tradition here on SF or simply find it useful as I do. I also added the green Cap requested after speaking to him about which colour he wanted and I believe that JR wanted a navy blue so I added one that would still be visibly different from black and show up well on Taptalk. Let me know if any changes are needed. The title links to the IC thread.

The weather reference I posted before is HERE

Last edited:
    I am most definitely interested, if you have the room! I can have a CC and a link to an RP I've participated in up tomorrow for your consideration. Really like all of the characters I've seen so far and can't wait to see how things play out.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

JRMoosePaul

Stormcloak Warrior
    Do you think it would be possible to make the temperature of Skyrim a little cooler? The game messed up on the lore when it didn’t make everything covered in snow. Markarth technically should be the only green place.

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    If I may voice my opinion, most colder areas are not frozen year round though they may have shorter warm seasons. It is more likely that those areas that are further south will have a more temperate climate, as we do tend to see in the game. Considering geographical features I think that the game had it right for a specific season though there would be a change in all areas as the seasons progressed. If you have your source for the lore I would love to see it, though we should still attempt to consider realism when looking at a climate system that is at the very least similar to our own/ based on our own and operates within the boundaries of certain physical/ scientific laws.

JRMoosePaul

Stormcloak Warrior
    Well the southern region is also close to the Jerall Mountains so the temperature would sweep in. Plus in the other games Skyrim is mentions as frozen snowy. Also the in Arena the only green was in Markarth.

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    So generally one side of the mountain sees more precipitation because as the air current rises it is colder and so it releases its moisture. The other side is more dry, though it is not indicated what side of the mountain range this is, Bruma is very snowy etc which could explain things. In Skyrim we see a larger and more details version of the land, a game specifically based on this province making it the most accurate. People often believe that countries that are cold always have snow, you couldn't imagine the number of times I've had people ask me about the constant snow in Canada while living in Asia. I think this could explain the view, either way using previous games that do not focus on the area as "lore" to dispute the reality of this specific game isn't always reliable. If you can find written lore on the topic I'd like to see it. In any case, I've stated my view and will leave this decision and any further discussion on the topic to the man in charge.

JRMoosePaul

Stormcloak Warrior
    I understand that (I live in Minnesota so I can relate). But in general I think some parts of Skyrim that have green shouldn’t be. For example in Solitude where there’s snow right next to green forest and stuff like that.

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    While some southern regions may not have as much snow we will say it is colder in many regions. I've determined approximate season is early fall and for comparative reasons let's just say skyrim depicted in the games are mid summer

This wound up a little bit rushed. if you have any questions about the character let me know, she is more fleshed out than is shown here. Let me know if I should start working on an intro post! Also, I am more familiar with the timeline of Oblivion, so the arcane university might not exist at this point in the timeline. if you notice any incongruities let me know.

Name: Athena
    Race: Breton
    fighter_by_valentinakallias.jpg

Class: Ice Mage

Height: 5' 9"

Appearance: Black hair just short of shoulder length frames a warm round face. Her age is beginning to show in the corners of her eyes and in her smile, but her optimism radiates youth. Her dark blue eyes are filled with the curiosity and miss very little. She is not lean, but travel has kept her fit. She wears light blue robes, with Scrolls and potions strapped to her belt. A field journal stays tucked into her belt at the small of her back.

Personality: Indefatigable in her optimism and Judicious with her wisdom, she is a woman who is difficult to dislike. Her students at the College of Winterhold consider her an eccentric, and look forward to her unusual class sessions. She believes that the best learning is derived from experience, and not found within books or a classroom. Adventurous and full of wanderlust, she seldom stays in one place for long. Her curiosity carries her across Tamriel in search of ancient tombs and treasures. She has published several books on the subject, most recently one on ancient Ayelid culture. She is currently studying ancient Nordic culture and the fall of the Dwarves.

Background: Never having known her mother, she spent her youth on the road with her father. her father was a traveling alchemist and horticulturist, and they seldom spent long in one place. Her father taught her alchemy from a young age, and did his best to be both a mom and a supportive male figure. He tried his best to integrate her with groups of kids her own age whenever he was in one place for any period of time, but this was rarely very long. As such, most her personal relationships have been short lived, and even in her adult life she has few long time friends. While in Skyrim, both her and her father realized it was time for them to part ways. She traveled North, to study at the college of Winterhold. She abandoned her studies following an incident involving a classmate. The investigation following the mysterious disappearance of her friend hit a wall. She was not seen leaving the premises of the college, and although Athena was the last person to see her she had nothing to say regarding the missing student's current whereabouts. After this, her curiosity brought her south to Cyrodiil where she studied at the arcane university and published her first book on the Ayelid. Her adventures eventually led her back to Skyrim, where she studied dwarven ruins and Nordic Tombs. She was invited back to the College as a guest speaker, and wound up staying. She teaches classes in exchange for the College's resources, and uses it as her base of operations.

Skills:
    Destruction, Alteration, Alchemy

Minor Skills:
    Restoration, Speech, Illusion

Fighting Style: Offense is the best defense, she relies on her Ice magic in battle for both defense and attack. Not particularly athletic, but moves with the confidence of experience. Relies primarily on sharp shards of ice, and defends herself with alteration spells. There is a beauty to the precision of the destruction she wroughts, the kind of precision derived from years of experience.

Last edited:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts