• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    Merry Christmas, happy holidays!

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Edit: I have been sooo busy with family and holiday stuff etc and so I am not yet done my card. I've been working on it bit by bit, and if push comes to shove I can send the link to the document for review as is but I'd prefer not to post it unfinished.

Last edited:

JRMoosePaul

Stormcloak Warrior
    Name: Hraldur

Race: Nord

Height: 6’3

Eye Color: Sky blue

Origin: Winterhold

Major Skills: One Handed, Light Armor, Restoration, Speech

Minor Skills: Heavy Armor, Smithing, Block

Weapon: Steel Longsword

Armor: Leather

Spells: Cure Wounds, Sun Fire, Turn Undead

a64ae6af4e1bf28e35d876fcc4266672.jpg

Background:

Hraldur was born to a small family in Winterhold. His father was the town blacksmith and his mother gathered whatever she could from the environment around them. He has two older brothers: the eldest Hulgar and the middle child Ranmir. His father was a gentle man trying to get by after the Great Collapse. Their living conditions were well considering the recent destruction but one night a storm rolled in from the Sea of Ghosts that took their mother while she was out. This left his father devastated which led him to develop a drinking problem. The once kind, gentle man everyone grew to know and love developed into a bitter alcoholic. He misdirected his anger at his children, who were now in they’re early teens. Hraldur’s eldest brother Hulgar watched out for them and took blame for they’re mistakes. This toughened him up and when the time came he took off with a sword and some gold, beginning his life as a traveling mercenary.

Now having only Ranmir and Hraldur with him, his father looked to his two sons to take over the smithy. The brothers had practical training in smithing but neither cared for it (Hulgar had been taught the most). While they were planning on what to do next their father caught Rockjoint, which took him within a week. With their father gone, Hraldur decided it was time to leave Winterhold. He packed his bags and started his journey to the bards college, leaving his brother behind. When he got there he began his studies right away. He had learned to master the lute as well as many ballads of old. Soon after came the Great War.

He was quick to enlist in the Imperial Legion and was placed in the same battalion as his brother Hulgar. Having learned some Restoration magic from a friend at the College of Winterhold, he was assigned as a healer rather than an infantryman. During the war he saw many bloody battles and even bloodier men and women. He did what he could and over time his capabilities grew. After the war he returned to his home in Solitude and began his life as a traveling bard, writing different songs and telling stories of the war.

Personality:

Likes to hear and tell stories. Lore and history also interest him. Has respect for other veterans, being one himself. Dislikes alcohol unlike most Nords. Holds some dislike for Aldmer but not much. Tries not to judge people until he’s heard their story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    had someone pm me their interest. so far we have my character(Bosmer swordsman) JR(nord bard), Ripley(khajiit warior) and Cap(our half orc pyromancer) slot is open for another character and we can work people in as the story warrants it. anyone else have anything to add before we start? this is sort of a "last call" for people to post characters before the narrative begins

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

thatguy2

Name: Gerulf

Class: Priest/Cleric

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 200 lbs.

Major Skills: Restoration, Heavy armor, one-handed

Minor Skills: Speech, block

Brief History: Gerulf was born in Falkreath to a hunter and his wife. He was their first son. However, his mother passed onto Sovngarde giving birth to him. His father did the best he could to teach him to survive, but they struggled to make ends meet. When he turned 17, his father got a bad case of Rockjoint, and died less than a week later. Gerulf was devastated and joined the priesthood. He met a young lad there named Torolf, a young member of the clergy of Mara. The two quickly fell for each other, and married fairly recently, about a month ago. They are trying to make enough to purchase a home away from the guild.

Personality: shy and often blunt, but kind-hearted and wanting to help.

Ooc: his husband is an NPC, a monk and priest of Mara
    d1287e3a57470ef37566febf579b51e3.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    alright thatguy you're in. I'm also expecting hilf to post a character soon. I would like this story to stay fluid and fun for everyone so if you haven't been confirmed now you still can be. I am tentatively putting out new years for the role play start. let's all have fun you guys. if your character shows up late we can work you in, just know if you're in try to keep up with the flow of the story so we don't have a slinky effect

ps reminder, when you first introduce your character in the rp quickly preface with what you look like for the other players. if you're late I'm sorry it is on you to catch up

JRMoosePaul

Stormcloak Warrior
    Name: Gerulf

Class: Ranger

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 200 lbs.

Major Skills: Sneak, Archery, Light Armor

Minor Skills: One-Handed, Block

Brief History: Gerulf was born in Falkreath to a hunter and his wife. He was their first son. However, his mother passed onto Sovngarde giving birth to him. His father did the best he could to teach him to survive, but they struggled to make ends meet. When he turned 17, his father got a bad case of Rockjoint, and died less than a week later. Gerulf was devastated and joined a ranger's guild. He met a young lad there named Torolf, a young member of the guild. The two quickly fell for each other, and married fairly recently, about a month ago. They are trying to make enough to purchase a home away from the guild.

Personality: shy and often blunt, but kind-hearted and wanting to help.

Ooc: his husband is an NPC, a captain in the ranger guild
    d1287e3a57470ef37566febf579b51e3.jpg

Brother Nord

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    alright for now we will wait on Hlif and I will post my first post in the rp on the 1st. if anyone has problems finding it I have a link further up and can repost the link if anyone needs it

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    First post for RP is up ready for players to join. Still time to post your characters everybody

thatguy2

Can I actually edit Gerulf so he and his husband are priests instead of rangers?

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    not a problem guy. and yeah we can try to introduce the text coloration

edit: I'm unsure if it is possible to change text color from the phone app. until that's found our Daruin, my Bosmer character will take bright red for his speech text

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    and talking to thatguy I will be controlling his characters husband as an npc. that character is Torolf and I will find a way to make those posts or sections unique from Daruin

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    Writer one picks THIS colour for her/his character called character "A." Writer two picks THIS colour for his/her character called character "B." When "A" or "B" or and NPC speaks in a post the words are posted in their speech colour. NPC's generally use white text such as THIS, but if that does not work the group can pick another colour that is not so intrusive. So in the first post by writer one we might see something like:

POST ONE, WRITER ONE, CHARACTER "A" AND "NPC"

His brother had not moved from his place by the fire nor had his face grown any less solemn. Likewise, his wife, whose eyes wandered looking to land on anything that was not that empty cradle lingered listlessly in the shadows of a doorway. It was oppressive, and rightfully so, though it did not stop him from resenting the foul taste it left in his mouth and the sense of helplessness it fostered.

"Get up Samuel. I've need of your help and lord knows could use the fresh air," he (Character "A") sighed as he rubbed his temples, watching the snow melt from his boots "we could all use some fresh air."

He let the words hang in the air for a moment, lending them time to break the spell that bewitched the couple. Surprisingly it was Emily (our NPC) who stirred first, the gentle rustling of her skirt marking her awakening. He watched her with an ever-growing sadness as she attempted to swallow her pain and to produce words. Samuel, they both realized, would not come to her aid. He could offer her no strength.

"Samuel... please...."

"If you're going out take the dog with you, there are wolves about tonight." Emily croaked suddenly in response, her nose and eyes red as she turned to look for the beast. "Where is damned mutt?"

END

Now, this shows how it can be used in your own posts. In the second
    post I will demonstrate how to use this when including the text of others, meaning you will not necessarily need to indicate the speaker as their text colour will make this easier and more streamlined.

POST TWO, WRITER TWO, CHARACTER "B" FEATURING SPEECH FROM CHARACTER "A" AND "NPC"

He had felt the cold gust of wind against his skin and had heard the door open. Perhaps he had even heard the first words that Joseph (Character "A") had spoken but none of it had any meaning to the grieving man. None of had any hope of registered or prompting any kind of response for it had all been immediately consumed by the terrible emptiness that had claimed him with all the ferocity of an enemy force. If I could only pull my eyes from the flames (OR If I could only pull my eyes from the flames), he thought as he continued to watch the wicked tendrils dance.

"Samuel... please...." A voice beckoned on the fringe of his awareness, before another sliced through the fog of his mind.

"If you're going out take the dog with you, there are wolves about tonight."

Her voice washed over him and his grief swelled, the calming effect of the flames beginning to lessen leaving him a moment to focus. He seized it with what little energy he had left to him and used it to pull away and straighten his posture. It wasn't much but it was something, it was all he had to offer her... his sweet Emily.

"Where is damned mutt?"

"Here" He replied weakly, quieting the room and releasing a deep whistle. "He's here."

and so am I, he added with words that no one but himself could hear, not daring to break the stillness accompanied only by the sounds of the dog's light feet.

END

Ignore the quality of the impromptu blurbs but I hope this clears things up. If I've left something out let me know, both myself and Cap have used these before and will demonstrate these in our posts. Questions are welcome.

Last edited:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts