• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

This story will follow the exploits of Bartholomew as I play through Skyrim with him. I would appreciate comments on what you think. I would like to know how to improve.

*New Chapters will be made through edits on this post, so no need to worry on having to search for the next throughout the comments.

Bartholomew was born a male nord in Cryodiil with the yearning to be somebody. At the young age of 22, he sets out for a trip to Skyrim because of the exciting news he hears.

Chapter 1 - The Beginning
Batholomew had awaken in a carriage heading towards an undisclosed location. He couldn't comprehend what was happening as he had taken a hard hit to the head, but he was furious, not that long ago he was setting off to join the Dawnguard, he had plans on becoming Tamriel's very first notable vampire hunter. He resented vampires from a young age, they had killed his mother, father, and younger brother, who was not but five years old. "Hey, you. You're finally awake." Bartholomew snaps back into the real world. He looks at the man sitting across from him, he is wearing what looks to be well worn armor. "You were trying to cross the border, Right? Walked right into that Imperial ambush, same as us, and that thief over there." Bartholomew turns his head and sees a man that looks to be in his late 30's, and he was angry with the man talking to Bartholomew, the man in rags called them some strange name, "Stormcloaks... What in the world are Stormcloaks?" Bartholomew thinks to himself.
Across from the man in rags sits a man gagged and bound, in what looks to be high noble clothing. The man in rags ask "And what's wrong with him, huh?" The man in blue answers furiously "Watch your tongue, you're speaking to Ulfric Stormcloak, the true High King of Skyrim!" You make eye contact with him, you begin to think on where you have heard that name before, it was somewhere near the border no doubt, for not many people in the lower parts of Cryodiil cared for the news of Skyrim.
The carriage came to a halt. The man in blue said "Let's go. Shouldn't keep the gods waiting for us." All four of us stand and start to exit the carriage. The man in rags is scared, he seems to fear his death. Step towards the block when we call your name. One at a time!" Names begin to fly. "Ulfric Stormcloak, Jarl of Windhelm." "Ralof of Riverwood." Finally, I learn that the man in blue has a name. I wait eagerly for my name, "Lokir of Rarikstead." The man in rags begs for them to listen saying that he isn't a Stormcloak, but it does no good. He runs, he runs as fast as he can, looking for an exit from the place Ralof called "Helgen." The girl, whom I assume is a captain screams "Archers!" The men in the back draw their bows and kill Lokir, running it seems, was futile.
It was my turn, time for my name to be called: "Wait, you there. Step forward. Who are you?" I think frantically to myself, "They don't know who I am? Why did they capture me?" I tell the man my name, and he turns to the captain, apparently my name is not on the list, I hope that this means I will be let go. Instead, the captain says "Forget the list, he goes to the block." The man who asked me who I was said he would make sure I got a proper burial. I trudged along behind the captain, fearing for my life.

Chapter 2 - The Dragon
As I stand in line next to all the Stormcloaks, Ulfric stands out of line face to face with the man Ralof called General Tullius. He says something, but I am to scared to hear it as I look at what people have come to know as The Block. It is covered with the blood of many different people, I can tell by how different the blood colors are. The was a booming roar in the sky, but General Tullius said not to worry about it and to continue with the executions. The captain who condemned me told a priest to give us our final rights, but she is cut short soon after she says only eight divines and not nine. The man who cut her off was the first to go to the block. He was kicked to the ground and then his head was pushed to clear a sight to the neck. The headsman raised his ax, and in a quick downwards thrust, he chopped of the mans head. Ralof said peaceful a goodbye "As fearless in death as he was in life." Everyone around us is screaming "Death to the Stormcloaks!"
The captain spoke and everyone was quite "Next, the nord in the rags." The strange roar came again, but after it ended, the captain yelled: "I said: Next prisoner!" The man who said he would make sure I received a proper burial told me in a calming voice to step towards the block. I reach the block and I am out down on my knees, then my head is pushed against the block of stone. The headsman starts to raise his ax, and I see something, a black object in the sky. It roared and General Tullius said: "What in oblivion was that?" It was to late.
Just as the headsman was about to swing his ax and chop off my head, the dragon landed on the tower behind him, causing the ground to shake violently and the headsman to fall over. In a strange tongue, the dragon says something and meteors start to fall from the sky!
I'm not sure what to do, I hear a faint voice say "Hey, you! Get up! Come on, the gods won't give us another chance!" The voice is Ralof, and he is trying to help me live! I feel a small amount of relief as Ralof leads me into a Guards tower and I see Ulfric, and many other Stormcloaks are alive, as it means I might have a small chance to live. Ralof is just as scared as I am, I can tell by how frantically he talks to Ulfric. "Jarl Ulfric, what is that thing?! Could the legends be true?!" Ulfric is clam, even in a death threating situation like this, "Legends don't burn down villages." A roar is released by the dragon Ulfric is trying to save his men, "We need to move, now!" Ralof leads me up the tower. There are two people at the top floor moving rocks to continue to the roof, the dragon breaks through the side wall crushing the two soldiers beneath rock. He breaths fire as I duck and it barely brushes past me. I can feel the heat on my body, it would be a painful death if I was to be hit by it. After the dragon has left the side of the building, Ralof and I continue up to the top floor and Ralof tells me to jump through the hole to the inn on the other side. He says that he will catch up when he can.
I jump across to the inn an land on the second floor, I look around for a way down and find it. A hole in the floor that leads to the ground floor. I go to the hole and fall through it and on the ground floor, I see a hole in the wall leading outside.
As I walk through the hole, I hear a voice say "Halming, you need to get over here! Now!" I see a young boy, he is no older than 10, and I see an old man as well, he is hiding behind a huge pile of burning wood. Finally, I look and see the man that promised me a proper burial, the boy runs to where he is standing behind the pile of wood. Just as he reaches the man, the dragon lands on the ground and starts to breath fire again, only thins time it is at the boy. He hits the pile of wood on managing to increase the hight of fire on the wood. The man sees me and says "Still alive prisoner? Stick close to me if you want to stay that way!" He tells the old man to take care of the boy, as he was off to join the defense, and so was I. The old man called him by his name, saying "Gods guide you, Hadvar."
Hadvar and I start to head towards the front gate. As we reach a burnt down house, the dragon lands above us and Hadvar screams "Stick close to the wall!" I crouch near the wall as the the dragon shoots his fire at the defense of the front gate. When he is done and back in the air, Hadvar and I head through the burnt house, and General Tullius yells "Hadvar, into the keep soldier, we're leaving. Hadvar changes Course and starts to head towards the keep, I follow.

Chapter 3 - Helgen's Keep

To be continued....

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts