OOC The Spirits and Thy Lords [Recruiting]

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Isara12

Oblivion explorer
    >.> *zaps with storm magic*

Isara12

Oblivion explorer
    *stay out of it! *uses wabbajack*

Therin

Well, it looks like I didn't make the time cut-off (since I haven't previously posted in this thread), but in the time it took me to read this thread I've come up with a brand new character.

When Morganatic mentioned it would be best if our character was related to a faction and, thus, had a legitimate reason to go on this expedition, it made me think what faction I would naturally associate with. Therefore, I came up with:

Name: Sebastian Leroux

Race: Breton

Sex: Male

Faction: Psijic Order

Appearance: Sebastian stands five feet eight inches tall with a slim build. He has dark brown, short cut hair and light blue eyes. He appears as if he’s thirty years old.

Equipment: While the Psijic monks are traditionally known for wearing grey robes, Sebastian primarily wears the yellow, hooded-robes that Quarinir wears in Skyrim. Leather gloves and boots with silver plates adorned with red filigree (which match the shoulder guards) complete the set. He also carries a leather haversack filled with various objects.

Skills: Highly skilled in the now-defunct school of Mysticism (for those who don’t remember the spells: Absorb Attribute, Absorb Health/Fatigue, Detect Life, Demoralize, Detect Enchantment/Key, Dispel Magic, Almsivi/Divine Intervention, Mark/Recall, Reflect Spell, Soul Trap, Spell Absorption, Telekenesis), also knows Bound Weapons from the Conjuration School, and Rune spells from the Destruction School.

Combat Style: The Psijic Order is a monastic order that focuses on magic, primarily Mysticism. As such, its members are not naturally skilled melee or ranged combatants. Thus, the monks’ style of warfare very unique. Its members rely on the Mark and Recall spells, as well as the Intervention spells, to quickly retreat from battle. When close to a combatant, the monk will use the Absorb Attribute spell to temporarily drain the target's, and increase their own, proficiency in said attribute. Telekinesis is a popular spell to use at a distance to manipulate the enemy’s movement, or just to fling things in their general direction. When faced with other magic users, Reflect Spell, Spell Absorption, and Dispel are used to negate their opponent’s power.

Personality: Sebastian is a fairly easy-going individual. He is very devoted to the Old Way and its ancestors, and—like all Psijics—extremely close-mouthed when it comes to his Order. He is skilled in mediation and will offer advice and guidance when needed.

Backstory: Sebastian was born in 4E 90 in High Rock. During his tenth year, he was chosen by the Psijics to train on Artaeum. Shortly after his arrival on Artaeum, the island mysteriously disappeared, like it did at the end of the first era. He grew and trained on the island, for what seemed like twenty years. However, time affected Artaeum differently than Tamriel. While only twenty years passed on the island, over a hundred passed on Tamriel. The island was not cut off completely from Tamriel, as the monks could observe what was happening on the rest of Nirn, and intercede when necessary. However, even the Psijics lost sight of Morrowind and Blackmarsh as they went to war, so they sent Sebastian to observe first-hand the events going on.

I understand that I didn't make the deadline, so if you don't want to let me in, that's fine. No hard feelings. I just wanted to share my character idea because I thought it was fairly unique and interesting.

Sun&Moon

Whoa! umm Sheogorath is my thing. so it looks like ill have to force the wabbajack from you. *xivilai attacks*

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    My faction is, "Interested Party", due too some relations in Morrowind. If anyone wants his backstory, I can post it.

Isara12

Oblivion explorer
    my faction is "fugitive" now i gtg for nao

Skyrimosity

I don't have a faction but I suppose the Merchants Guild of Leyawiin (which I have just made up) could be somewhat interested in my characters activities.

Sun&Moon

Hmm I guess my faction would be some kind of Shivering Isle, Sheogorath worshipping faction. If such a faction exists.

Isara12

Oblivion explorer
    o_O just thougjt up of a new character. Morganic. Tell which you prefer and ill be that one

Name: Serenes (pronounced Ser- ren- is) formorly vajeetel

Race: bosmer

Appearance: short, and very slender, almost anorexic. . Eyes are white as she is blind. Has a blue star painted on her cheek. Her hair is auburn, and is in a ponytail that reaches her hips. Her bangs cover one eye.

Equipment; she wears a black shirt with long sleeves that just reach past her wrists. She wears a black and red skirt/pants hybrid, and goes barefoot. She has black fingerless gloves, and always has her favorite quiver with her: a glass one that is made with silver.

Weapons: karvori- her trusty bow. Shape of an orcish bow, but made of dragon bones. Vajar: a simple daedric dagger

Backstory: when serenes was a baby. She was kidnapped by bandits and her birth parents were slewn. However. An argonian adventurer destroyed the bandits and adopted Serenes. She was given the argonian name Vajeetel at first, but her father decided to call her Serenes. Growing up with the argonian, she found out her father was once a member of the dark brotherhood, and quickly learned the ways of an asassin. How to be undetectable. How to swiftly and silently silence someone with a dagger. But her greatest skill was naturally her archery. She could hit a target 300m away. One might. A mysterious group of people invaded their home. They promised to spare serenes' life for her father. The argonian was bound up and taken away. But unbeknowest to the mystery men, serenes father left a trail. Which she followed from high rock to cyrodiil to elswyr(where she went blind) until her trail ran cold....at the edhes of morrowind.

Skills: her marksmanship and her stealth are second to none. Most be are dead before they realise it

Now, morgan, you can think up of why those men kidnapped her father, if you choose this character

dark elf ranger

The Protector
    I decided to change what weapons Amy uses she will use a long bow and a steel and iron dagger

Morganatic

Kinetically-Interlinked Nirnian Multi-User Exoform
    are you still recruiting? if you have to many people it's cool:D
    At this point, I think I have got quite enough at this point, sorry! :sadface:

o_O just thougjt up of a new character. Morganic. Tell which you prefer and ill be that one

Name: Serenes (pronounced Ser- ren- is) formorly vajeetel

Now, morgan, you can think up of why those men kidnapped her father, if you choose this character

I like the sound of Serenes, personally - as you say, it keeps the necromancer slot open. I presume she's adapted to her sightlessness by learning to listen out for targets - or is it more of a detect creatures kinda deal? I'll have a few thoughts about what happened to her parents, too, but don't worry, I'll be sure to work something out at some point!

Everyone else - the new characters look excellent, and you're all in. I hope the game does justice to such cool characters! Writing the initial post right now!

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Good, I wanted to introduce my new character! I like him quite a bit, though not as much as Selia... But, I'm using her in too many RPs right now.

Isara12

Oblivion explorer
    oh simple.all her senses are heightened, and she can do echolocation with the tremors of the ground(like toph from avatar) which is why she is barefoot

Katastrophe

King of Tales
    I remember when Avatar came out on Nickelodeon... watched the first season and thought it was alright. Now I'm seeing all these pictures online like it's Avatar: All Grown Up and I'm like "Man, I should've stuck with this series."

Lamest 200th post but whatever, it's that. The_Madgod should contact Shrew now. Does that mean I'm in? ;)

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Simply post that on the writer guild recruitment thread. Quite a bit simpler. You may also want to tag Shew, in case he stopped getting alerts. Makes more sense than having me do it, as he would want to know that you requested it. Anyway, writing up a post from the point of view of an insane Redguard speaking with a less insane vampire. So, bye for now.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts