OOC The Spirits and Thy Lords [Recruiting]

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
    Sorry for taking so long, I'm not very good at making character cards.:sadface:

Name: Chahin
    Sex: Male
    Race: Nord

Equipment: Riften guards armor, steel sword, Riftens guard shield, Long Bow and Iron arrows

Personality: Having spent a lot of time out in the wildness on his own, Chahin is used to solidarity, and isn’t as comfortable in large groups of people. He would rather take orders from someone wiser and stronger than him, as he doesn’t feel that he could command a large group of warriors on his own.

Backstory: Chahin grew up in the city of Riften, and was raised by his father who worked as a city guard. His mother had died while Chahin was still very young, so Chahin looked to his father for most of his guidance. Chahin grew up hating the city, with its crime poverty and violence. Chahins father showed him the ropes of being a city guard, and as Chahin had very little education, he decided to take over his father’s position once he passed away. Since he couldn’t stand to be inside the city anymore, he requested that he be allowed to guard the county side of the Rift, mainly the eastern side, as it was less inhabited. Since the Jarl knew his father, and respected the service he had done, she allowed him to be a border guard watching over the Morrowind/Skyrim border. Chahin has enjoyed living out in the wildness, while having to deal with the occasional Dunmer drug smuggler. But with the recent silence from Morrowind, Chahin awaits orders on what action he should take, not knowing what is happening on the other side of the mountains in the Dunmer home land.

Katastrophe

King of Tales

Katastrophe -

Yeah, I certainly agree with you. To be honest, I think that the usefulness of an ST in this sort of setting comes in more in terms of narrative direction/providing fun obstacles for the players to free-form interact with, rather than dispute resolution, as, as you say, it's boring to have people waiting around on 'do I disarm the trap' sort of rolls. I'll mostly leave it up to people to self-police, as per a normal freeform, and only step in with 'you fail to pick the lock' type stuff if dramatically appropriate. The main benefit I see with this is using an ST-type role to provide interesting situations and characters for people to deal with, which isn't so easy to get in a totally decentralised freeform. I'd certainly be interested in linking plots/sharing ideas (especially if we're looking at two separate regions/plots that had a bit of cross-talk) - if you had any thoughts, we could either discuss them here, or take this to private messages.

Sounds awesome. I like all the technical detail regarding his armour, and the way that it actually says a lot about his character and the way he thinks/interacts with the world. You don't have to post in the thread - maybe spoiler it - but it'd be very helpful to hear a bit about what Albel got up to in Morrowind. A few Weird Things happened around the Red Year, and he might either have some idea of them, or be totally wrong-footed by what's going on today. Also, we might need to think about how he gets on with the rest of the party - we've got a Conjurer, a Necromancer, and a woman who may not know that she's reaping souls in the names of two Daedric Princes (Nocturnal and Mehrunes Dagon). There's certainly going to be some worse things for him to think about, so he might play along while gathering intel on them, or he could start separately, or we could just have some (entertaining, hopefully non-violent) intra-party conflict.
    It might just be easier at this point to combine at least Conquers and myself with you (and any other staff you have) to go from there. We were planning a sort of "never ending" roleplay. Just a series of large story arcs. We were actually focusing more on the Foresworn and during Skyrim's events, rather than after, but... tomatoes, tamotoes. I have a lot of general story arc ideas swimming around my head.
    The technical detail is there for a reason. If he were to charge someone, for instance, he often does so with his left shoulder to take the greatest impact. The right shoulder is left almost bare to allow more maneuverability with his crossbow - he's right handed. Also, in regards to his past, I said it was rumored that he was born during the Red Year, but not where. In actuality, he has never been to Morrowind for any real chunk of time. Most of his history is in Cyrodill. He's going to Morrowind because of the rumors of vampires - that's what is attracting him.
    Do our characters have like... "files" of the other characters? Have we been "debriefed" on our partners? If not, then I'll go into it assuming that all of these people are normal, good people. If they reveal more beyond that to Albel... honestly, I feel like he'd just kill them in their sleep... but I'm willing to play it off in another, far more acceptable way. :p

Morganatic

Kinetically-Interlinked Nirnian Multi-User Exoform
    Edit - aiming to have the start of the in-character thread up tomorrow - don't worry (Conquers!) if you don't have everything 100% up by then, we can get things together as we go.

Is it to late to join? I am new to RP'ing lol

If you can put together a character sheet before I finish the OP tomorrow, then you're in! :p

Sorry for taking so long, I'm not very good at making character cards.:sadface:

Name: Chahin
    Race: Nord

Equipment: Riften guards armor, steel sword, Riftens guard shield, Long Bow and Iron arrows

Personality: Having spent a lot of time out in the wildness on his own, Chahin is used to solidarity, and isn’t as comfortable in large groups of people. He would rather take orders from someone wiser and stronger than him, as he doesn’t feel that he could command a large group of warriors on his own.

Backstory: Chahin grew up in the city of Riften, and was raised by his father who worked as a city guard. His mother had died while Chahin was still very young, so Chahin looked to his father for most of his guidance. Chahin grew up hating the city, with its crime poverty and violence. Chahins father showed him the ropes of being a city guard, and as Chahin had very little education, he decided to take over his father’s position once he passed away. Since he couldn’t stand to be inside the city anymore, he requested that he be allowed to guard the county side of the Rift, mainly the eastern side, as it was less inhabited. Since the Jarl knew his father, and respected the service he had done, she allowed him to be a border guard watching over the Morrowind/Skyrim border. Chahin has enjoyed living out in the wildness, while having to deal with the occasional Dunmer drug smuggler. But with the recent silence from Morrowind, Chahin awaits orders on what action he should take, not knowing what is happening on the other side of the mountains in the Dunmer home land.

Yep - this all looks cool. IN. It's likely that Chahin will know a few a bit about what was going on just across the border, at least until recently - I might be dropping different people different bits of secret background, limited to them, and seeing what you all do with them. Someone who knew a bit about the drug trade out of Morrowind would certainly know a few interesting things.

Am I in coach? lol

Yep, you're in, sorry for missing you!

It might just be easier at this point to combine at least Conquers and myself with you (and any other staff you have) to go from there. We were planning a sort of "never ending" roleplay. Just a series of large story arcs. We were actually focusing more on the Foresworn and during Skyrim's events, rather than after, but... tomatoes, tamotoes. I have a lot of general story arc ideas swimming around my head.

Definitely, this sounds really fun. Clue me in when anything further happens on it!

The technical detail is there for a reason. If he were to charge someone, for instance, he often does so with his left shoulder to take the greatest impact. The right shoulder is left almost bare to allow more maneuverability with his crossbow - he's right handed. Also, in regards to his past, I said it was rumored that he was born during the Red Year, but not where. In actuality, he has never been to Morrowind for any real chunk of time. Most of his history is in Cyrodill. He's going to Morrowind because of the rumors of vampires - that's what is attracting him.
    Do our characters have like... "files" of the other characters? Have we been "debriefed" on our partners? If not, then I'll go into it assuming that all of these people are normal, good people. If they reveal more beyond that to Albel... honestly, I feel like he'd just kill them in their sleep... but I'm willing to play it off in another, far more acceptable way. :p

Of course, the armour's certainly practical - but I think it says a lot about a man's character that he's planned all this out in advance. That, and the fact he's dyed it black and covered it in spikes.

As to files, no - unless some of you want to have your characters having met up beforehand, you're all going to have met at Dunmereth Pass with a Windhelm guard to see you off - provide you each with a stipend of gold Drakes to spend during your explorations. It was more a question about what Albel's going to do once he finds out what's going on with them - but it looks like he has that well in hand ... ;)

Katastrophe

King of Tales
    Yeah, I'll keep it under control. I'm against PKing, unless it's for roleplaying purposes, but not against fighting other players... but I doubt it will come to that. Not for a long time, anyways. If it becomes apparent to Albel the quality of the company he's keeping, I have a plan. ;)

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    I am writing a very long one with honorifics and vernacular skills and the like. No one has to read it all, if they don't want to. I just wanted to have a giant table of facts to build off of. So, just gimme a minute. All I have left is backstory and a few minor things.

Skyrimosity

I remember looking at this RP and thinking "OOH, this would be nearly perfect for my new character!" and now I've forgotten to post his card. Am I too late?

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    I remember looking at this RP and thinking "OOH, this would be nearly perfect for my new character!" and now I've forgotten to post his card. Am I too late?

No, you are not too late. I believe it is if you can get it up before the thread is posted. Of course, that could just apply to Sun up there.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    I like your character cards, Nightingale. Anyway, here's mine-

Race: 1/4 Wrothgarian Orsimer, 1/4 Reach Orsimer, 1/8 Nord, 3/8 Eastmarch Orsimer

Name: Lugag Uraz-Guk

Sexuality: Hetero

Years on Nirn: 160

Orcish Age Range: Late middle age, early elderly (We have no way to know for sure, so I took the fact that Dunmer and Altmer can live for centuries and the fact that orcs are "corrupted" and combined them, saying that orcs die around the age of 200 from old age.)

Supernatural: Sorry, no Twilighting here.

Appearance: Long, unkempt white hair, white stubble coating his face and long tusks. Dark green eyes, usually bloodshot, with bags most of the time. Boshy whit eyebrows. Large, disfigured nose pointed to the side with a giant scar running across it from the lower right corner of his left eye to the right lip of his mouth. Distinct cheekbones with a pointed chin, juttting forward a bit. One small ear, a scar where the other used to be. Long, muscled arms covered in various scars and tinted white by his arm hair. Long, sharp nails that are never artificially cut. No ring finger on his left hand. Right calf missing, replaced by a peg. Hair-covered, disfigured and scarred legs. Thin for an orc, but burly for a human. Tall for any race. In general, ugly as Hell.

Inborn Abilities: The natural inclination to acquire scars. A magical proficiency. Easy to obtain more muscle.

Personality: Stubborn, easily angered, depressed, reclusive, kind at heart. Those are just the basics. I will let my writing speak for this section.

Skills: Destruction magic, alteration magic, enchanting, heavy armor and proficient with a shield and mace/axe.

Not Skilled At: Smithing, two-handed, dual-wielding, agility, illusion magic, sneaking, thievery, speed, lockpicking, bartering and light armor.

Combat Prefs: Either rains fiery hell on his enemies from a long way away or jumps right into the fray wearing heavy armor and blocking everything with his shield while whacking his enemies with a mace or axe. He also usually has enhanced armor due too certain alteration spells such as ebonyflesh.

Morals: Will never kill an innocent person, but aside from that, flimsy.

Faith: Believes in the Nordic pantheon. Despises Malacath. Dislikes Stendarr and Dibella. Follows Talos and Julianos.

Education: Studied at the College of Winterhold for 7 years. Learned the way of Malacath from his family in Dushnik-Yal, but was never any good at any of it. Has a basic knowledge of politics from his time spent in the orcish capitol, high up in the Wrothgarian mountains.

Vernacular: Tribal orcish, ancient Nordic and Cyrodillic common fluently. Basics of ancient Falmer and Draconic.

Honorifics: Banished from the tribe, Ex-Proffesor of Destruction Magic, Student of Orcish Politics

Short-Range Weaponry: Lunar iron mace, iron dagger

Long-Range Weaponry: N/A

Spells: All known destruction spells, ebonyflesh, woodflesh, other flesh spells

Armor, Jewelery, Clothes and Shields: Adept Robes of Destruction, the long boots you get when you join the college, full set orcish armor, amulet of Talos, amulet of Julianos, ring of minor destruction, orcish shield

Other Equipment: One sigil stone, give sapphires, a bottle of spiced wine and lots of cooked venison.

Biography: I'll try to avoid revealing this until later. Unless someone asks for it.

Fatal Flaw: Arrogant, ammoral, somewhat insane

Animals: One old Wrothgarian horse by the name of Asul.

Home(s): The road, Ulag Gro-Barash's manor in Orsinium, the College of Winterhold

Allies: The College of Winterhold, Ulag Gro-Barash of Orsinium

Enemies: The tribe of Dushnik-Yal, various orcs, the Thalmor, the Empire, the Stormcloaks

Other: Has a deep spiritual connection with Talos. Does not care about others most of the time, but feels inclined to help those who are being prosecuted or attacked for no reason. Very experienced. May add to this.

Did I miss anything? That was a doozy...

Skyrimosity

Name: Valus Polus

Race: Imperial

Appearance: 5'9, 175lbs. Short brown hair, young face.

Class: Persuasive Merchant, Amateur Dual-Wielder

Equipment: Fur Armor, (If you know me, that doesn't surprise you I'm sure) Dual-Wield Imperial Swords. Generally has something of some relative use which will be explained in the backstory.

Personality: Smooth-talking, cool, collected, always calm.

Backstory: He was born in Leyawiin, a decent sized Imperial town in Southern Cyrodiil. He grew up with much experience talking with the Argonians and Khajiit that were often in town trading. He was born into the Merchant Family Polus, who were actively participating in keeping the sales prices of Leyawiin at a good price. His family taught him the tricks of the trade: having a little of everything to sale, having a persuasive personality, smile, make a profit, and never lose your temper. When he was 18 he wanted to become his own merchant in a new land so he traveled far North into the harsh land of Skyrim.

He lived for years being a successful merchant in Whiterun, selling his wares and even negotiating a good price with the Khajiit before selling it again to make a huge profit. He was living a comfortable life for the years he was in Skyrim thanks to his successful Merchant upbringing. He also took a few lessons in swordsmanship from Adrienne Avenicci. When he heard of the silence from Morrowind and Argonia, he decided to go to those exotic lands and to either sell his goods for profit, or to find new goods that would make him even more profit in Skyrim when he returned. He is now in Riften, making a few final purchases before the trip.

Skyrimosity

I apologize the Character Card isn't very good... but I do think he can be a rather interesting character when in MY hands (or rather, fingertips)

Sun&Moon

Name: Alistair

Race: Breton

Appearance: 5'10", 135 lbs. Alistair has long red hair that runs past his shoulders, and blue/violet eyes. He has very fair skin, and a slim build. On the right side of his face to the right of his eye he has a tattoo of an oblivion gate (a brand he received during his time spent with a group of Mehrunes Dagon cultists). He wears fine black and purple clothes, and a signature silver amethyst ring.

Equipment: His main weapon is an ebony katana that his mother had given him before she died. He always armed to the teeth with hidden daggers and various other items. He keeps a satchel filled with various potions and poisons. And his prized possession the soul gem filled with his mothers soul.

Skills: Alistair is proficient at using a sword and daggers. He is highly skilled at necromancy and conjuration magic, and is good at using alteration magic. He is an excellent thief and is good at most all of the stealth skills.

Personality: Alistair is for the most part a very laid back person. He is calm and cool headed, but since the untimely death of his mother has been known to have fits of insanity.

Backstory: Alistair was raised in the wilderness of High Rock until age eight by his single mother. His father was never in his life and does not know who he is. His mother raised him on dark magic, and necromancy. His earliest memories are of being woken up in the dead of the night by a 6' dremora lord looming over his bed. Though her parenting style may have been questionable there was no doubt that his mother was very dear to him.

Though he spent all of his time with his mother he knew little about her past and the strange visitors that would come to there house at night did not seem friendly to him. One night Alistair awoke from a nightmare and went to see his mother. When he walked into the kitchen he saw something that horrified him. His seemingly lifeless mother hanging over a chair and a black soul gem lying in the middle of the floor. The kitchen was a mess and there had obviously been a struggle, but other than that there were no signs left by the intruders. Except for a silver ring. He went into a rage and burned down the house and started a forest fire. When he came back into his right mind he was lying in the middle of the forest not far from the ruins of his house.

After his mothers death he survived by stealing until the age eighteen when he was old enough to be hired out as a mercenary. He drifted all around Tamriel doing odd jobs for people. But no matter how far away he went the horror of his mothers murder still haunted him. He was traveling through Valenwood when some Bosmer daedra worshipers kidnapped him and planned to make him there sacrifice to Hircine. He brutally slaughtered all of the Bosmers when he learned of there intentions.

The act of defeating a whole group of his cultists caught the eye of Hircine. And Hircine offered him a trade. He was to defeat a nearby group of Mehrunes Dagon cultists and Hircine would make hime into a wherewolf. Alistair accepted, and went to the cave where the cultists were holed up. When he entered the cave he drew his sword and attempted to take out the group. He was able to take out the first couple but was quickly overwhelmed by the summoned dremora, scamps, and other daedric creature.

When he awoke he was still in the cave, but in a different chamber. The leader of the cultists approached him and offered him a spot in his cult, all he had to do was destroy Hircines shrine. After witnessing there power Alistair accepted the offer and went to destroy the shrine. Waiting for him at the shrine were three wherewolves Alistair was barely able to defeat them. He destroyed the shrine and dragged himself back to cave where he was accepted into the cult. He spent years with the cult becoming more, and more powerful. He honed his conjuration skill and was the strongest conjurer in the whole group. There cave was the first place that felt like him since he was a child. But all good things must come to an end.

The more he spent time in the cult the more ambitious and power hungry he became. One night while suffering from a fit of insanity he decided to truly test his power. And the only way to test his power would be to wipe out the entire rest of the cult. In less than ten minutes the place he considered his new home had become a blood bath. When he came back into his right mind he realized what he had done and immediately left the cave.

He denounced his loyalty to Mehrunes Dagon and went back to his life of wandering Tamriel. While wandering through Morrowind he came across a shrine of Sheogorath. As he passed by the shrine he could not help but stopping. The voice of Sheogorath came out to him. Sheogorath had been watching him since the day of his mothers death. He told him his life was interesting, and promised him power if he would become a devout worshipper of his, and cause chaos throughout his travels. Alistair agreed and has been following Sheogorath for three years.

Reason for going to Black Marsh is that he wanders all over Tamriel doing Sheogoraths work and has not yet been to Black Marsh.

This is my first character card, hope it meets the criteria lol.

Isara12

Oblivion explorer
    NUUU! your character is a necromancer as well! now im not unique! D:>

Sun&Moon

Well he is dominantly just a conjurer/swordsman my apologies, not trying to steal your thunder or anything.

Isara12

Oblivion explorer
    you have already stole it...NOW GIVE IT BACK! >:O *attacks*

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
    Ha I think I'm the only fisherman/survivalist :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts