OOC The Shadow Lord Rises

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Destiny

The Fox
    I did not mean turn back time... at most about a minute. I mean make it run slowly or quickly. Maybe steal time from another person and stuff... but not time travel XD
    Hmm "making it run slowly" I have no idea where you would use that out of combat... *looks at a random direction and slightly upwards*

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    That wouldn't be too bad, Say at some point in the Rp we get to a unique artifact, but the Shadowlord beat us to it and destroys it. So at this point, the only place the artifact now exists is in the past.
    Indeed, i had not considered that possibility...
    Toxius, you said "we"? Will you be joining us on the good side? o_O

No never, or maybe sometime in the rp.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    Well, if you want to keep him. Make him a storm dragon instead of a fire one.

Destiny

The Fox
    True...well guys I gotta go for now, I will probably repost this later tonight...see you around;)

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    Okay, I do apologize, I feel this was misunderstood communication.

My first criticism was directed at generic game mechanics from ESO and scraps of barely any lore from TES which associated Shadow magic with altering time and nonesuch, which I was then told one of you guys was also unaware they already existed and DID have unique and fleshed out ideas for it. So that one doesn't even apply to you if you have already done stuff to make it your own o_O

The next was the bit about this guy being able to take out the dragonborn, and the power level of the RP in general. That was more of a suggestion than criticism, as I am a nutcase when it comes to detail, and even though you're going to get the artifacts eventually, this guy is going to be powerful, his influence is going to be powerful, and his minions are going to be powerful. One doesn't take out a being that can knock down walls, slow time itself, and control the weather, and in general possessing all the powers of a minor-god dragon, without being VERY powerful. The Dragonborn is the most powerful person to set foot in Tamriel in over 200 years. I was just making sure you guys were aware of this for the sake of the story making sense, as I've seen the dragonborn killed of A LOT in RPs, usually easily, to show off how powerful some new threat is. Canonically, the dragonborn is much more powerful than some of the limitations on game mechanics (though obviously the exploits/glitches are not even considered). You even go into Sovengarde and duke it out with the minor god guarding the bridge!

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    Yes I understand how powerful a Dragonborn is, and even how powerful their soul is.

At first, I even wanted to know where the Shadowlord came from and what exactly he was but then I just wanted to RP.
    What do we know anyway? There is definitely a whole ton of lore still missing, and what we've got could barely be the surface of it.
    There are also ways to access the power left over from Gods, making them extremely powerful. He could have used something like that to "defeat" the DB.
    I mean, look how power the amulet of kings was and that just had a few drops of Akatosh's blood (there could definitely be other objects like it that still exist, or not).
    Sure, it was also thought of as a soul gem.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
    Take this into perspective...

Miraak was able to kick the DB's ass at first right? Because he wasn't as powerful. Boom, he learns a few shouts and kicks Miraak's own ass. (payback's a bitch style)

So I guess the Shadow Lord would be a little bit above Miraak's level? I don't know. I'm worried he may be overpowered since he is almost on par with god-level. Wouldn't the Daedric Princes get a bit flustered? :confused:

Maybe I'm reading all this wrong. Anyway I'll try and reread the last two pages to make sense of it all. Maybe I'm just tired this morning and my brain hasn't woken up yet. I need my tea :coffee: (I know it's a coffee emote, just deal with it :cool: )

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
    I hope I don't keep people waiting.. I'm still working on my CC..

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
    Maybe it's an idea to create a group conversation for the rp players? or is that were the OOC is for?

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    The more I think about it and read over what you've been discussing, the less I like the Dragonborn being dead. Especially if the Shadow Lord killed him in front of all the Jarls and did it for no other reason than to say he could. If the Shadow Lord were a PC, this would be an extreme case of godding. For a villain it's ridiculous. Laughable really. I understand the need to remove the Dragonborn from the story. You play as the Dragonborn in Skyrim which makes the possible interpretations of him or her infinite and therefore impossible to portray in a satisfying manner. Why does the Dragonborn have to be insta-killed to be removed? What does that add to the Shadow Lord besides a comical amount of power?

Perhaps the Dragonborn could be removed without being killed. Maybe the Shadow Lord knew he didn't have the power to outright kill the Dragonborn but had a way to nullify him as a threat. Trap him in a shadow realm of his own making perhaps. Or one of the planes of Oblivion. Maybe he shows the Dragonborn a terrible prophecy or truth of the universe that makes the Dragonborn lose hope. Maybe he defeats the Dragonborn's army in a terrible battle and breaks his or her spirit. Making them a shadow of their former selves. These are just ideas but do you see where I'm going with this? It's a much more believable and more interesting way of removing the Dragonborn without just saying "This guy is so powerful he can swat demigods like flies."

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Maybe it's an idea to create a group conversation for the rp players? or is that were the OOC is for?

PM's get kind of wonky on this site. Let's make a new OOC after we figure out what we're doing.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    Just wait for Destiny, and a new ooc and then yes, what Simus said.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts