The security in Whiterun is terrible. Shameful, is what it is

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

sticky runes

Really, Sinmir?

Seems fair enough to me. I mean, compared to other holds in Skyrim, such as Windhelm, where women are being carved up in the streets and the guards are too scared to approach a little boy who is trying to summon assassins into the city, and Markarth being inundated with Forsworn agents and Daedra worshiping cannibals, and lets not forget Riften which has a sewer populated with more criminals than rats, and drug dealers operating right under the jarl's nose, and Solitude, where a coven of necromancers has been trying to resurrect a psycho queen, and one of their most honorable guards has just been beheaded for allowing the most wanted rebel in the land to escape arrest after killing the high king, I'd say Whiterun is one of the few places in Skyrim where I do feel F#cking secure. :mad:

Right? Lol. Although in some of my games he could be justified in saying that.

Like the time I went into wolf form and gruesomely slaughtered those two Alik'r dudes that just don't go away after I complete the Alik'r quest when I just got tired of seeing them standing around for no reason (I actually had to do it two nights in a row, because I had only managed to kill one of them the first night and only injured the second one; plus I took down a guard on one of those nights too).

Or that time when I slit Nazeem's throat in broad daylight and left him a crumpled heap in the middle of the street right in front of a house that has a child living in it.

Or after I join the Thieves' Guild and start a one-man crime wave in Whiterun where nobody's valuables are safe anywhere in the town, not even in Dragonsreach.

And on the rare occasions the guards do catch me doing something, I just hand them a bag of gold and tell them I'm with the Guild, and they look the other way.

So, when I'm around, Sinmir does have a point. :p

Last edited:
It gets worse!

If you take Whiterun for the Stormcloaks, Sinmir becomes the new guard captain.

At which point, I noticed, rather than do something about the terrible security in Whiterun caused by his predecessor, he will proceed to sit in the inn and drink all day. Forever.

sticky runes

It gets worse!

If you take Whiterun for the Stormcloaks, Sinmir becomes the new guard captain.

At which point, I noticed, rather than do something about the terrible security in Whiterun caused by his predecessor, he will proceed to sit in the inn and drink all day. Forever.
And the female shopkeepers can't have a peaceful day at work without being groped or treated poorly because of their non-Nordic ancestry. Carlotta says that at least Balgruuf's men bathed regularly. So I guess Sinmir's complaint is that Caius encouraged the guards to be too well behaved and gallant. NOW things are back to the way they should be! :Dragonborn::beermug:

sticky runes

Let's not forget Irileth who draws her sword on you the moment you enter Balgruuf's throne room and continues to suspect you and watch you like a hawk even after you help her save the hold from a dragon. Who becomes the new jarl's housecarl after the Stromcloaks take over? A barmaid who has been sneaking around with the son of her father's enemy, and doesn't even wear a suit of armor and can be killed by a single punch.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts