Private The Secret of the Dwemers

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    "Indeed. Smaller weapons are quicker, easier to use. But speed alone isn't enough, when your opponent could cleave you in half with only one swing, correct?"

Elsa smiled easily and turned her head to add her thoughts to the conversation. "Yes that's true enough. But even with all the steel plated armour and battle axes in Nirn, there is little to be done about a well-aimed arrow shot from the shadows or the silent slip of poison." She had often been told that a bow was a coward's weapon, and poison a weak man or woman's choice. Whether this were true or not it was Elsa who was still stood alive today with barely a scar or scratch to her name. There might be a lack of honour in killing a man from the shadows or a hidden ledge, but if it meant that she got to keep her life then she would choose dishonour every time.

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    Garren looked over at Elsa who had just entered the conversation. "Arrows are indeed good for silent kills, and assasinations. But if I were to kill someone from the shadows, I wouldn't been as rich as I am today!" He put his hand on the small backpack hanging on the side of the horse, and the coins inside made a gentle tingling. He did not dislike archers, they were in fact good to have by his side, but he wouldn't have his reputation if were not for his swordbattling in tournaments.

Garren turned back to the khajiit. "I never give them the chance to hit me."

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    Marcus listened intently, waiting to speak. We have quite the diverse group in regard to combat style. Interesting... Marcus thought as each of his new found companions took a turn sharing their personal combat preferences and arguing their case.

The Imperial subconsciously reached a hand down to feel the hilt of his beloved shortsword as he listened. It was smooth to the touch, even after years of use and years of rotting in a Dwemer ruin, before his father uncovered it. Nanorum, he had taken to calling the Dwarven sword, has accompanied Marcus ever since he began adventuring. It had been through skeletal draugr body after skeletal draugr body, and had parried blows from bandit warhammers to the battleaxes of the undead. He dearly loved the sword, nearly as much as his bow - the bow his mother gave to him, the last artifact of his long lost mother.

Marcus broke himself away from admiring his own weapons silently and turned back to the group.

"I myself prefer a combination of a shortsword and a bow." Marcus reached his hand up from the hilt of his blade to grip the reigns of the rouncey again. "You fire off a few quick arrows to surprise and cripple the opponent from afar, then sling it over your back while you finish em' off with the sword. Shortsword preferably, but if a greatsword is your fancy, so be it."

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Baadargo listened to the others discuss their preferences in combat, and used it to try to get a fix on each of their personalities.

"Yes that's true enough. But even with all the steel plated armour and battle axes in Nirn, there is little to be done about a well-aimed arrow shot from the shadows or the silent slip of poison." The one called Elsa said, joining in with their conversation. Arrows and poison, eh? Must not like having to get to close to the action. Baadargo didn't agree with her choice of combat, as it seemed like she relied on trickery and deceit, no honor in that. But he wouldn't judge too quickly. One sentence or thought wasn't enough for a profile.

"Arrows are indeed good for silent kills, and assassinations. But if I were to kill someone from the shadows, I wouldn't been as rich as I am today!" Garren said, followed by, "I never give them the chance to hit me." The young nord seemed arrogant. Baadargo hoped Garren half as good as he thought he was, or else Baadargo's job was going to get much harder.

Then, the calculating Imperial chimed in. "I myself prefer a combination of a shortsword and a bow. You fire off a few quick arrows to surprise and cripple the opponent from afar, then sling it over your back while you finish em' off with the sword. Shortsword preferably, but if a greatsword is your fancy, so be it."

Baadargo grunted. It appeared that the Imperial took a tactical approach to combat, but the "crippling of opponent's from afar" made him grimace. He didn't voice his opinions of his distaste, but instead changed the subject. "So, someone tell me more about this mission. Baadargo wasn't really briefed on what makes this ruin so important."

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    "So, someone tell me more about this mission. Baadargo wasn't really briefed on what makes this ruin so important."

Garren turned over to Baadargo again. "The thing that makes this ruin important is that everyone who has entered it, has either never come back, or returned without the ability to speak." Garren took a deep breath before he continued. "Well, I don't know if it's the Falmer, Dwemers, or something different causing this. And thats what we're gonna find out." He scratched his chin, and took a look around. The forest they were riding through were beautiful in the morningsun. And the fresh air were something different than the seasmell from Windhelm's docks.

Garren grabbed a small flask of water from his bag, and took a sip. He looked over at the other. "Do any of you want something to eat, or drink?"

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts