• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Wolfbane

Why change the past when you can own this day?
    Alright hahaha Do I still have this color?

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    I believe so... You're accepted btw, if you're using Ardin again. But just copy the CC over or something so the rest can see :)

Wolfbane

Why change the past when you can own this day?
    0wg4EFI.jpg

Name:Ardin Wolf's-bane (pronounced airdin)
    Birthplace:Falkreath
    Origin:Nordic parents
    Class:Warrior( along with archery and healing)
    Height:6'4
    Weight:210
    Laterality:Right handed
    Affiliations: Companions, Formerly Legion, Traveling sword( faction I made)
    Appearance: shoulder length black hair with a fairly kept goatee, brown eyes, scar on the left side of his face.
    Afflictions: Other than Insomnia, not much.
    Job: law bringer
    Sexuality: Heterosexual
    Religion: Pretty open minded. Save for a few Daedra
    Martial status: Single due to a "traumatic event"
    Likes: Training, weapon practice, Dogs, friends, family he has left, women, gold, intelligent people, honor, respect, companions
    Dislikes: not chosen ignorance, arrogance, Politicians, dirty politics, Greed, dishonor,racism, sexism,ice wraiths, Thalmor, Nazeem
    Health: Great
    Skills: Master:One handed, heavy armor,archery.
    Expert:Block, restoration,
    Adept:Enchanting, some light armor
    Apprentice: Speech, sneak,lock picking
    Novice: Most magic, Alchemy, pickpocket,
    Misc:Lots of stories surround the last name. Some say he fought a pack of wolves off, some say he was a illegitimate son of hircine, some say he fought off a werewolf( Story varies based off who you ask. The weapon often changes, in some cases it was his bare hands, others his sword, and even some with a tree branch!(ardin's favorite). Ardin has a brother. His brother's name is Hendrikk, they were quite close, always having each others backs in and out of battle.His best friends is Avia'Cael, a wood elf he met while in valenwood scouting and sharpening his archery skill. Ardin and Avia would hunt together train together, and during their time in the sword, would share beds, and night shifts with one another

Combat Gear(with pictures!)

The sword is passed down by warriors of his family, man and woman. His father used it in the great war, his father's father, and so forth
    dukYOrl.jpg

Relations
    Legion: He fights for his country, foreign and domestic. While not agreeing with some of the politics. He can never come to terms with killing his fellow brethren. He believes all nords, well everybody should ban together and fight the Thalmor.

Stormcloaks: Understands their views, Although he hates their racism.

Companions: Proud to be in their company. He would raise his weapon for all of them. His favorites are Aela, Vilkas, Torvar, Farkas. He likes how honorable they are, on and off the battlefield. Ardin considers them family, and would gladly die for them.

Thieves guild: He strongly dislikes them. If it weren't for Avia, he would have no part of them. He view most of them dishonorable, untrustworthy, but understands them and why some of them get into it. Still doesn't condone what they do.

The Jarls: Hates the lot of them. Elslif the fair can wear on his nerves, Balgruuf just wants gains for himself, then his people, Skald is an annoying angry old codger. Personally Ardin would like to see Brina merlis as Jarl. Laila law-bringer can see reason at least, and Jarl Korrir has nothing to rule over. Just the ruins of winterhold. Ulfric is power hungry and racist. Just look at "the grey quarter" and the docks in his city.

Bandits: He loves putting them to justice and the sword. Their skill is no match for a trained seasoned warrior like him. He strongly dislikes them, but see them as no real threat whatsoever.

Traveling Sword (Made it): Loved them like family. His brother Hendrikk and him were in it and that's where he met his best friend and short girlfriend, Avia. Days in the Traveling sword were some of his best. A group of like minded people who hate seeing injustice going around correcting it.

Black Band(made it) put the scouting party to death. He showed no restraint, no remorse. He hopes they burn on every plane of oblivion. In his eyes, they got what they deserved; no mercy. Even after killing them. He only wiped out a scouting party and two high ranking officials. Unfortunately anybody left had to scatter and go in hiding. One day Ardin plans on hunting down every member and putting them to the slow death they deserve.

Thalmor: Strongly hates. Their racism, superiority complex, boastfulness, arrogance, politics, pretty much everything about them. But Ardin knows not every Altmer are or like the Thalmor. Just because he was in the legion doesn't mean he liked or obeyed the Thalmor. Most of the legion in fact hate the Thalmor as well.

College of Winterhold: He respects the school and the people in it. He views magic as a viable weapon unlike some of his brethren. He learned restoration from his mother in fact. Ardin also thinks magic can be harder or equal to wielding a blade. Both require skill, willpower, stamina, mental fortitude, and strength. Some find magic "dirty" He finds it fascinating .

Blades: He doesn't care either way. Their pretty neutral in his book.

Personality

He is quite and can be very serious. To his friends he is very loving and caring, will listen to you if you need someone to talk to and won't judge. He is extremely loyal to his friends and often have their backs in and out of battle. He always tries to accept your views and opinions. Ardin can be very stubborn and does argue a lot, but in the end he is quite caring,funny, and sincere.Ardin while open, is more introverted. He is however, very open and talkative around his friends, and very open around his best friends. He can be open around people that he gets a good vibe off of. He is a very good judge of character. He is very intelligent and worldly, can see both sides of most arguments. He gives most of his opponents a honorable death, well if they deserve it.

Back Story

Family history:Ardin was a first born to a family of warriors/healers. His father fought in the great war and his mother was a healer in it as well. Thats how Odvar(the father) and Aliea(the mother) met. They have been in love since. Ardin at a young age showed interest in reading, the sword and bow, and writing. Now his father showed him all he knew in sword combat and some in archery. His mother taught him how to read and write. Ardin's brother Hendrikk was born two years after Ardin. Hendrikk at a young age was more loud and hyper than Ardin. As the years went by, the boys were very similar, but Hendrikk was more a people person(and ladies man for that matter) and more sociable. Ardin while open, is more introvered. He is however, very open and sincere around his friends.They both travel together, but recently they decided to split up to see more, correct injustice, and to experience other places. They both grew very close to their mother over the years, not saying that they hate their father, they do love him as well.

The Traveling Sword:Ardin and Hendrikk joined a pack of roaming warriors and law bringers called The traveling Sword( often shortened as "The Sword"). There he met a handful of warriors, archers, and so fourth of like minded people who believed in justice and protection of innocents that were ignored by the law. He also met his best friend Avia'Cael, a female wood elf that saw injustice daily in Valenwood and in her travels.Over the times and years, Avia and Ardin became very close. There was people from all walks of life, an Orc warrior, a reguard spellsword, a nord warrior, a Khajiit archer with two elven daggers, Avia'cael, a master with the bow and her blade, Breton healer with a nac(and Obsession really) with daggers, a dark elf spellbow, Ardin, and Hendrikk.Ardin and Avia grew very close over the years. They have a "romance en kindling". Their travels took them far and wide, from Skyrim to Cryodiil, and Cryodill to Morrowind, Morrowind to Hammerfell,Elsweyr, and every place in between. They loved the adventure and bringing peace and justice to places where the law ignores or isn't present. They often deal with corrupted officals, bandits, thieves. A few times they even dealt with a elite group of mercenaries called "The Black band". The black bands consists of warriors, mages, archers, and just flat out sadistic animals. The black band is leaded by Jullius"Wolff" Aventius, an imperial veteran from the great war that was discharged for his war crimes.

"The red sleep": On a cold night, the group set up camp, told stories of triumph, love,( both are Ardin's favorites) humor, lust, and horror.They also ate, sang, drank. Finally after some time, they all finally fell asleep. Thats when it began. a scouting party of the black band was stalking the sword for quite some time. After the battle at mistwatch, the black band wanted blood. Both sides lost men. The scouting party was made up of two archers, an breton rogue, a nord warrior, Wolff's second in command, Hemsley Cold-eye and Wolff himself. Cold-eye served with Wolff many times, both as animalistic as they come, they were tried at the same time for their war crimes. The archers took care of the sentries with one shot each, then the rogue came in to deal with any sleeping guard, guards to far in the camp, and the sleeping members. The breton rogue loves blood, and the feel of the blade against the skin. The Rogue started off with dar'zhii the Khajiit, solely based off hate. She made it a slow but clean kill, sinking the blade deeper than necessary. She then made quick work of the orc knowing he would a hassle and impossible to kill. The archers had already killed Cristar(the nord) and dar'zhii, and now Lhorbul. She then moved on to Avia. The blade met Avia's skin, the rogue raised her hand, but she stopped. She felt a sharp pain in her back, there was a steak knife in her and Ardin after he threw it. It was all hell after the fighting began. Ardin grabbed his sword and sank into the rogue. At this point Hendrikk and the surviving members. Hendrikk was fighting the black band's warrior while Avia and Brinala(the redguard) took care of the archers. More came, more died. After some time, there was just the sword, Wolff and Hemsley. The redguard charged in and Ardin blocked with his sword pushed him back, and then hacked his head off, no challenge at all. Ardin shifted his attention to wolff, while Hendrikk fought with Hemsley. " You think you can kill me, you filthy nord?", Wolff said to Ardin. " I killed five of your guys last time. Not to mention my friends and brother's kill count" wolff charged swinging his glass war axe, Ardin was moving and swaying like it was nothing. Then Wolff just started landing swing after swing, Ardin did block a few, and sliced Wolff's leg, but Wolff got him in the leg and chest. Wolff started taunting Ardin by hitting him with the broad side of the sword, and just deflecting the hits he dished out. After a long battle, Ardin got the upper hand and right as wolff was about to sink his blade into Ardin, Ardin grabbed a tree branch, blocked the attack and stabbed Wolff through the leg. He rised up and put his sword to Wolff's neck. Wolff muttered these last words," Even if you kill me, I have already won in the end" and with that Ardin sliced off his head. Hendrikk on the other hand, was more merciful, sending hemsley out without a hand.

Prairie fire of sun's dusk:The fight was over and the sword had won, it was time to go back home( Ardin and Avia would make the trip to valenwood to sharpen his archery skills and to "drop off" Avi.) But what Ardin came home too, was nothing but horrific. His home was on fire his dad fighting four mercenaries, and turn his father was struck down. His mom tried healing Odvar, but was killed by Hemsley himself. Ardin, Hendrikk, and Avi fought and killed everyone even hemsley. In the end all they have is each other. After all that Ardin and Avia decided they needed to take a break for the sake of hiding and safety from the black band. The black band hasn't found them or tried to since. On that day, however, Ardin swore that he will hunt down what was left of the Black band. The three friends decided to split up until it was safe. Ardin stayed in Skyrim, Avia went to Valenwood, and Hendrikk went to Cyrodill...

RP SAMPLE
    The afternoon air had that cool spring feel, the nice break of winter. The trees were moving calmly, wind whistling,grass moving ever so peacefully. Not a single sound, no distress at all, almost as if the gods walked among earth. But to Ardin, this was not the case. Cold stone was all around him, the smell of blood and the clashing of steel were filling the air. He could hear his heart beat madly like a war drum, yet he was focused as an archer aiming to hit a bullseye. The Bandit chief was a formidable opponent. The bandit would charge in and let out a war cry as if he was a bull. The battle lasted 3 hours, but to both of the men it felt like three days. One od them was bound to slip up soon. Nothing else mattered, just them and the battle. Half of the battle was finding a weakness, formulating a method of attack. Previously the bandit chief had sent his friends to deal with ardin before he reached him. Bandits never fight fair, or honorably. Ardin knew this, of course, seeing how he has dealt with bandits before. But he still laughs over it everytime. Ardin heard shuffling of multiple bodies; they were coming, and fast. He decided to hang back and use the element of surprise to take out as many as possible. Bandits love abandoned forts/outposts, so he had an idea where the archers, if any, would be. When the bandits finally got to the surface and out into the mainland, they were greeted by empty space. They didn't know where he went, and they had no idea what they were in for. Ardin was lurking in the shadows with his bow in hand. Ardin caught sight of a bandit, a redguard with one eye bandit at that. He drew back the bow string;the cracking of the string gave him the joy of battle. He acquired the target, and let the arrow fly with no remorse. The arrow hit the bandit in the right in the back and went through. The sound of a pained scream was let out. The others looke around, still didn't see anything, then other bandit went down. At this point the remaining ones were back to back. Ardin decided to put his bow away and face the remaining bandits face to face. Ardin showed himself and drew his sword. The bandits saw him, and drew their swords. To say it was a formidable battle would be an insult( Even though one of them slashed Ardin's chest and drew blood). Finally he got to the chief, the heart of why he was there. He was more of a challenge. Ardin gripped his sword, cleared his head and prepared for the task at head. He always lets his foes charge in wreckless, and open themselves up for attack. The chief charged in like a bull and slashed. he slashed ardin's sword arm, " Nota good start to a battle" Ardin thought, but he continued on and fought. Three hours passed and finally Ardin won the battle.

Pufftuff

So epic is this dying? Cause I was the last one to post seems dead just kinda trying to see what's going on if I shoul find a new RP

EpicVakarian

Yeah, I think it might well be. If no-one posts in the next three days I'll close it. Tbh, it was more pod an experiment for me to discover how I like to RP, and it sort of evolved from there. I don't mind that much of it goes under but I don't know if anyone else particularly cares?

Pufftuff

Well I know I'm not exactly up to your par RP wise. But if you can keep me in mind for future RP's.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    Well i'm sorry i haven't posted, i was away for 5 days ( i wrote on rise of the riders so EV might know that already). I'd post right now but i will go innactive again from 25 to 29. I might as well just place my character into a natural "brb" status.

Pufftuff

So EV i know yourself and wolfbane are involved in another RP is this one on a hiatus. Sorry if I seem impatient I'm just really enjoying RPing just need a really active one. ADD it will kill you. :coffee:

EpicVakarian

Yeah, it is at the moment. Depending on the next few weeks, I might shut this down. Probably won't, but if there's something else that demands my attention, then I will. But again, don't worry, it probably wont happen.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts