Info The Races of The Elder Scrolls

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Rextoret

top kek
    In this thread, I will post descriptions of all the races of The Elder Scrolls series. This is for the express purpose of any who participates in roleplays here, to get more information on races. I will post all the races here, in alphabetical order. I will try to post as often as I can, but I am preoccupied with RPs. Once all races are posted, I will further explain each race. Eventually every race will have subsections in themselves. Feel free to comment below. Any constructive criticism is gladly accepted.

THE RACES OF THE ELDER SCROLLS
    Aldmer
    - The Aldmer are thought to be the original inhabitants of Tamriel. They are often said to be the first technologically sophisticated inhabitants of Nirn, although some give this distinction to the Hist. Translated, their name means "First" or "Elder Folk." Their origins can be traced to the mythic continent of Aldmeris. Some believe this continent to be entirely mythological, while others claim it is south of Tamriel. When the Aldmer first got to Tamriel, they settled in the southwestern parts of the continent. After this, they moved on to settle the entire continent. By the beggining of recorded history, they had already broken up into smaller populations. One of these being the present-day Altmer. The word "Aldmer" is often used to describe the entire Elven race, as in "Aldmeri Dominion." Although the Aldmer no longer exist as a distinct race, their customs and culture still live on throughout the Empire, forming the basis of Tamrielic Language and Religion.

Altmer
    - The Altmer, also called High Elves, live in the Summerset Isle. They tend to be taller than most other races and have a golden skin color. The average High Elf is not as strong as other race's norm. Making up for this however, they tend to be the most intelligent and magically-inclined race on Nirn. Most Altmer are proud and consider themselves the most civilized race. Many other races take this for arrogance and much hatred is put onto the Altmer, just or unjust. Altmer is the Elven name of their race, meaning High Folk. They consider themselves to be the successors of the Aldmer and the highest of all races. Unlike men, who believe themselves to be created by gods, Elves believe themselves to be descended from these gods. They call these gods "Aedra" or ancestors.

Argonian
    - Argonians are a beast race of reptilian humanoids. They are intelligent, quick and agile. The Argonians inhabit the swampy region of Black Marsh. Years of defending Black Marsh against attackers have made them masters of warfare. They can breathe water and resistant to disease and poison. Many Argonians show an interest for the schools of magic. In general, they are an reserved people. Slow to trust and hard to know, yet they are fiercely loyal and will fight to the death for those they have named as friends.

Ayleids
    - The Ayleids, also known as Wild Elves or Heartland Elves, were the first race to establish a n empire in Tamriel. Their civilization was in he form of tribes. They apparently spoke a variant of old Cryodiilic. The Ayleids controlled the entirety of Cryodiil, thanks to their mastery of magic and their alliances with the Daedric princes. They enslaved the Cyrodiilic and Nordic populations, their mistreatment of their slaves led to a revolution. With the blessing of the Aedra, one slave by the name of Alessia led a revolt that led to the inexorable destruction of the Ayleid civilization. Only a few non-assimilated Ayleids survive today.

Bosmer
    - The Bosmer, also called Wood Elves, inhabit the province of Valenwood. They are one of the shortest races, and they are often remarkable thieves and archers. They are also carnivorous and cannibilistic as a result of the Green Pact, a main portion of Bosmer faith. Certain Bosmer shamans have the power to transform themselves and others into anything they wish. Certain events called Wild Hunts occur when shamans turn groups of Bosmer into blood-thirsty monsters. This is where the belief that Bosmer created all of Nirn's monsters come from.

Bretons
    - The Bretons are half-elves, although they more Human blood than Elf. Their home province is High Rock. Many Bretons are often skilled mages and are often considered the smartest Human race on Nirn due to their shared Elf blood. Bretons originated in the First Era during Aldmer raids on Nedic settlements. Many Nedic women were used as 'slaves' and the result was Bretons. These 'manmers' then bred with Nords and other human races, becoming more Human that Elf in the proccess.

Chimer
    - The Chimer, also called changed folk, no longer exist. They have been turned into the Dunmer by the Daedric Prince Azura, as a result of their war with the Dwemer. The Dwemer and Chimer had far-differing religions, and fought often because of it. No more Chimer exist, seeing as every one was made into a Dunmer. They hailed from the Summerset Isles, but moved to Morrowind because of a religious separation.

Dunmer
    - Dunmer, also called Dark Elves, are the residents of Morrowind. They are the result of the Chimers' transformation. Azura punished them for betraying their General, Indoril Nerevar. Azura cursed them to have ashen colored skin and ruby red eyes. Many native-born Dunmer look down on outsiders, or anyone (Even other Dunmer) who were born outside of Morrowind. This Xenophobia varies in intensity all around Morrowind. Argonians and Khajiit often have a deep hatred for Dunmer, seeing as those two races were more often than not, slaves for the Dunmer. Eventually, slavery was abolished in Morrowind, but certain groups in Black Marsh and Elsweyr still plan a retalition for the Dunmer's past crimes.

Rextoret

top kek
    Glad to see someone has expressed interest! I noticed this was your first post, so welcome to the forums! I hope you have a great time here.

Rextoret

top kek
    Activity post. (Come on people! Post something! At least to keep this alive, without my need to bump it to avoid having it moved to the archive section!)

LordNaskill

There is more to do with skyrim history most of the races are extinct now

Hell i could add all the gods to

Rextoret

top kek
    Thank you for your post Naskill, but it is not required. I am well aware of all the races of the Elder Scrolls. If you read my post very carefully, at the beginning I state that I will post one a day at best. I simply have not gotten around to doing any more yet.

LordNaskill

some don't have a history but most do i will post a elvish history then

LordNaskill

Maormer

the Maormer, also known as Sea Elves or Tropical Elves, are a race of mer that reside on the island of Pyandonea, south of the continent of Tamriel. They have blank eyes and colorless, chameleon-like skin, which is capable of blending in with the environment. It was originally believed that they had lived in the Altmer home of Summerset Isle and were exiled, but tapestries found in the Crystal Tower of Alinor reveal an enmity going back so far as to make that theory impossible. Their leader is an immortal wizard named Orgnum. The Maormer practice a snake-like magic which they use to tame sea-serpents.

Rextoret

top kek
    Please do not. If you don't mind, I would appreciate if you deleted your original post. It may distract others from the actual content that will be on this thread.

LordNaskill

k there we go much more they can add now

LordNaskill

You should do a Gods one of this

LordNaskill

i am doing my own research myself k man

MagicBlade

Instinctive
    Heyoooo, This was interesting to read knowing about them a bit more. I've got a arrange of characters (4) But on ething I lack is background knowledge for their culture on my Khajiit, Also I was read your Sands of Silence rp I think that's what its called at that told me a bit about Khajiit, your awesome man!

Rextoret

top kek
    Activity Update #1
    Just wanted to inform anyone who is or will be using this, that I have run into things that will change the frequency of my posts. I am running the #2 most replied to thread on this forum, and it is a RP thread. Understandably, this takes up a huge amount of my time. I will still attempt to post here as often as I can. Thank you for your patience.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    Sload
    -The Sload are a race of slug like beastmen, living in the coral kingdoms of Thras. They are adept with magic, however exceedingly cautious. Sload adventurers are known to take years of planning, studying, and consulting with wise Sload before achieving (or failing) their goal. The Sload have no word for adventure, their closest translation means, tragic disaster. Sloads do not express emotions the way other Tamrielic beings do, but they can usually act them out for the benefit of other races. Sloads have no sense of morality and will only honor laws, loyality, and friendships so long as they benefit from it. They have no qualms against murder, theft, kidnapping, or genocide if it will help them reach their goal. Sloads are not religious but will serve Deadra if they benefit from it. Many Sload would be crushed under their own weight were it not for water and magic. On land their travel mainly consists of magical transportation and they can use spells to climb things that other races could not. They are extremely intelligent and can usually recall things they have already learned, heard, felt, etc..

280px-Sload_big.jpg

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts