1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Xbox 360 The Pursuit - 'Discover evidence of Mercer's location' not showing up as completed?

Discussion in 'Skyrim Help' started by Talibitustorium, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Talibitustorium

Talibitustorium New Member

You could call me a hoarder in Skyrim. This urge for obtaining each weapon early and as fast as possible is what lead to me getting the Chillrend early as well. As most may know, the Chillrend is in the Riftweald Manor and associated with the Thieves Guild quest: The Pursuit. This is where my issue is. I managed to get the Chillrend early and also grabbed Mercer's plans (I wasn't aware of their significance) early too. This lead to the problem with starting the quest: The Pursuit, until I returned the plans back to where they came from - the desk in the Riftweald Manor. I then began this quest (The pursuit) with Mercer's plans back in their original location, however, when Brynjolf sends me to go fetch them, which starts the objective of 'Discover evidence of Mercer's location', the objective doesn't mark as 'completed' when I pick up the "Mercer's Plans", preventing me from furthering in the Thieves Guild. So how do I resolve this and make it register that I did, in fact, 'discover evidence of Mercer's location'? I'm a level 37 and I DO NOT want to restart, I just want the Nightingale armor...please, any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Reiji

Reiji Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um

Do you have a previous save file before you took the plans? Try waiting a couple days and check. What console are you playing it on? If PC there should be a way around that.
  3. Talibitustorium

Talibitustorium New Member

My save from when I originally obtained the plans was back when I was a level 8...now I'm a 37 so it would be equivalent to starting over. Also, I'm on xbox and I've tried the waiting method but to no prevail, however, I guess I could always try again.
  4. Reiji

Reiji Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um

Hmm only other thing I can suggest is to keep talking to Brinjolf. Exit and enter conversation with him. If none of this works... well you know what you'll have to do. :sadface: Try not to do or get anything before a quest demands it. A lot of items can break quests if gotten before hand.
  5. Jo' Rak

Jo' Rak New Member

I had the same problem as you. what i did to fix it was before you talk to Enthir about Gallus' journal drop the plans and do not pick them up after you finish talking to Enthir and Karliah. The Pursuit will start and you will be able to finish it, you will still infiltrate Mercer's house. after you infiltrate the house just go back to where you dropped the plans and pick them up. I hope this helped!
  6. Dagmar

Dagmar Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim

Given that this thread is over seven months old and the OP has not logged in since then I don't think this helped. :p

[​IMG]