The perfect ending to the Imperial questline

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jamirus

Eater of random alchemy ingredients
I hate the Imperials yet i done their questline just to see what it was like. At each mission i made sure i killed as little stormcloaks as i could and as many imperials as i could. During the entire campaign i killed Imperials. At the end when you have to kill Ulfric i put on a full stormcloak suit and killed him as Painlessly as i could. The perfect ending came at Tullius's Speech.

"Ulfric and the Stormcloaks are no more!" Tullius shouted as the last stormcloak "me" dived into the imperial crowd and killed every last Imperial until i was struck down. After that i left the game and started a new save to do everything as i wanted.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
Storm cloaks are racist pigs... Just saying. I look forward to burying my axes into each one of their faces.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
Ulfric is a power hungry war criminal who's killed innocent men, women and children during the Markarth incident. He's also intertwined with the Thalmor. If he succeeds he only prolongs the Thalmor occupation because the Empire will be weaker and Skyrim not able to defend itself against the full might of the Summerset Isles.

Nobody likes the concordant but without it there'd be no Tamriel to fight over. The Empire wishes to regain its strength and fight the Thalmor again, hopefully winning this time. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the rebellion is what the Thalmor want. The Thalmor are the real enemy. Not the Empire.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
The Imperials are based on the Romans. And the Romans are kickass. Thus, your post is invalid.

youneroBR460.jpg

Jamirus

As long as the Thalmor don't attack in this game then it dosen't matter. Personally this is my point of view.

I don't know how the rebellion started but Ulfric didn't kill innocent men and women. Sure he sent his troops to fight and die but thats different with Tullius. Tullius is executing people fighting for skyrims freedom and what they belive in. Ulfric beat Torygg in fair Nord combat and for trying to fight for what he belived in got him and his followers arrested. Being executed at the beginning has two sides.

Imperial side: They try to execute you and treat you as dirt. Then to get more of the good people killed they try to smooth things between the empire and you. If i could i would kill hadvar.

Stormcloak side: You are being executed along with the Stormcloaks. They help you away from the alduin at the beginning and ask you to try to stop the Executions of innocent men and women. It's like Infamous with the Karma choices to make you evil or good, Stormcloaks are Good, Imperials are Evil, Thalmor are snobby elves, Whiterun guards are shocked at Curved swords and i'm going to bed now cause it's 00:19. Zzzzzzzzzz

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
Read the Markarth Incident about Ulfric, it's actually well written and provides good backstory to Markarth and the rest of the Reach.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Bear_of_Markarth

Ulfric Stormcloak is considered a hero by many for his part in quelling the Forsworn Uprising. It is said that when the Empire abandoned Skyrim, and the natives of the Reach rebelled (undoubtedly due to the Nords [sic] poor treatment of them), Ulfric Stormcloak and his militia was there to retake "their" land from the Forsworn. In all the bravado and epic yarns the skalds compose of his exploits, you would think Ulfric to be a giant of a man, equal to that of Tiber Septim in his cunning, leadership, and decisive actions.

But the truth is far more revealing. Yes, from 4E 174-176, the Forsworn did in fact rule over the Reach as an independent kingdom from Skyrim. Yes, this was accomplished while the Empire was beset by Aldmeri Dominion forces and could not send the Legion to re-establish order. And yes, Ulfric Stormcloak did quell the rebellion without Imperial assistance. That much is true, but what the bards often fail to tell in their stories is that the Forsworn Kingdom was quite peaceful for those 2 years they were in power.

True, some crimes were committed against former Nord landowners (often those accused of being the harshest towards their native workers), but on the whole the Forsworn ruled their lands fairly, and were making overtures to be recognized by the Empire as a legitimate kingdom.
In the wake of the aftermath of the Great War, you can imagine the backlog on stately matters the Empire had. Before a peace treaty could be resolved with the Forsworn, a militia led by Ulfric Stormcloak sieged [sic] the gates of their capital, Markarth. What happened during that battle was war, but what happened after the battle was over is nothing short of war crimes.

Every official who worked for the Forsworn was put to the sword, even after they had surrendered. Native women were tortured to give up names of Forsworn fighters who had fled the city or were in the hills of the Reach. Anyone who lived in the city, Forsworn and Nord alike, were executed if they had not fought with Ulfric and his men when they breached the gates. "You are with us, or you are against Skyrim" was the message on Ulfric's lips as he ordered the deaths of shopkeepers, farmers, the elderly, and any child old enough to lift a sword that had failed in the call to fight with him.

So when a "grateful" Empire accepted Ulfric's victory and sent soldiers to re-establish the rule of law in the Reach, it was no surprise that he would demand to be allowed to worship Talos freely before the Legion could enter. With chaos running through the streets of Markarth and the reports of deaths rising every day, the Empire had no choice but to grant Ulfric and his men their worship.

We allowed them to worship Talos, in full violation of the White-Gold Concordat with the Aldmeri Dominion (which recognizes the elven belief that Talos, as a human, cannot be one of the Divines). In jeopardizing the treaty that so many sacrificed for during the Great War, the Empire was wrong. But what choice did they have, I ask you? Against the Bear of Markarth, Ulfric Stormcloak, "no" is not an answer.

I would love if you could take up the Forsworn cause completely.

Jamirus

One last thing. Romans are sick. Apparently the best place to pick up gossip is the toilets. They actually get sick when there full so they can eat more food and they cripple their soldiers during training. Romans are Dicks

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
As long as the Thalmor don't attack in this game then it dosen't matter. Personally this is my point of view.

I don't know how the rebellion started but Ulfric didn't kill innocent men and women. Sure he sent his troops to fight and die but thats different with Tullius. Tullius is executing people fighting for skyrims freedom and what they belive in. Ulfric beat Torygg in fair Nord combat and for trying to fight for what he belived in got him and his followers arrested. Being executed at the beginning has two sides.

Imperial side: They try to execute you and treat you as dirt. Then to get more of the good people killed they try to smooth things between the empire and you. If i could i would kill hadvar.

Stormcloak side: You are being executed along with the Stormcloaks. They help you away from the alduin at the beginning and ask you to try to stop the Executions of innocent men and women. It's like Infamous with the Karma choices to make you evil or good, Stormcloaks are Good, Imperials are Evil, Thalmor are snobby elves, Whiterun guards are shocked at Curved swords and i'm going to bed now cause it's 00:19. Zzzzzzzzzz

Look up the Markarth incident. He actually killed innocent people. Torygg had no chance against Ulfric and it was his voice that killed him. There was no fair combat, Ulfric shouted once and killed the boy. Ask the Solitude wizard, she is neutral in the conflict and would hold no bias.

It was that single officer who ordered your execution, not Tulius. The Empire has always been on Skyrims side, ask around. Even Nords say Ulfric is a bigot and if he wins Skyrim becomes a barbaric and savage country.

Norminator

I'm starting to think the game opens up with the Imperial execution just to give you SOME reason to consider the Stormcloaks.
Other than "Star Wars taught me empires are bad, so I'll join the rebels", of course.

Mr.Meowington

Neither Imperials nor Nords are welcoming towards the Khajiit, thus I despise both. Even Argonians are better accepted into the community than us..

Mr.Meowington

The people of Cyrodil are much more accepting of beast races, in Oblivion there are many Khajit and Argonians in the cities.

Alas, we are In Skyrim.. These cold winds make me miss home.

I hate the Imperials yet i done their questline just to see what it was like. At each mission i made sure i killed as little stormcloaks as i could and as many imperials as i could. During the entire campaign i killed Imperials. At the end when you have to kill Ulfric i put on a full stormcloak suit and killed him as Painlessly as i could. The perfect ending came at Tullius's Speech.

"Ulfric and the Stormcloaks are no more!" Tullius shouted as the last stormcloak "me" dived into the imperial crowd and killed every last Imperial until i was struck down. After that i left the game and started a new save to do everything as i wanted.

its kind of an empty gesture, you just killed the leader of the rebellion. However letting the death be a perma- death and starting a new character- quite cool sir.

Torygg had no chance against Ulfric and it was his voice that killed him. There was no fair combat, Ulfric shouted once and killed the boy.

Ulfric was right to challenge Torygg. Torygg was paid off like many of the other Jarls to submit to the Concordant. The other posts where you say Ulfric is power hungry is ABSOLUTELY correct! However Ulfric's ambition serves the people of Skyrim far more than Torygg's greed ever did. Ulfric wants nothing more than to secure his Throne, but in its wake- the people of Skyrim will be able to worship and live as they wish.

Jaeger

Read the Markarth Incident about Ulfric, it's actually well written and provides good backstory to Markarth and the rest of the Reach.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Bear_of_Markarth

I would love if you could take up the Forsworn cause completely.

Why would the empire need to send a legion if it was so peaceful and orderly? Wouldn't an imperial diplomat and a small cohort be enough?

But the truth is far more revealing. Yes, from 4E 174-176, the Forsworn did in fact rule over the Reach as an independent kingdom from Skyrim. Yes, this was accomplished while the Empire was beset by Aldmeri Dominion forces and could not send the Legion to re-establish order. And yes, Ulfric Stormcloak did quell the rebellion without Imperial assistance. That much is true, but what the bards often fail to tell in their stories is that the Forsworn Kingdom was quite peaceful for those 2 years they were in power.

True, some crimes were committed against former Nord landowners (often those accused of being the harshest towards their native workers), but on the whole the Forsworn ruled their lands fairly, and were making overtures to be recognized by the Empire as a legitimate kingdom.

The Forsworn worship hagravens so that makes them crazy phuckers who deserves a great pig sticker through the gullet. Also, how the hell could they have killed the young when the young cannot be killed. It is known fact, many have tried. Uh-huh, written by an Imperial. Lazy propaganda if you ask me. And you fell for it like the good impie you are. And if you think the Aldmeri Dominion isn't going to turn on their religion you're nutters since Hagravems are women mages who does a ritual to become a hagraven, thereby becoming a goddess is the same as Talos, a human becoming a god which is blasphemos in the eyes of the high elves.

Jaeger

^^

Spoken like a true Bush/Cheney nut sack rider. Torture anybody lately?

And torture doesn't work and anybody who uses it is stupid, so therefore you like stupid people.

Jaeger

What did the snowback impies give up?

The Nords had to give up their religion (ask any Christian or Muslim how they would feel about that)
The Redguards had to give up their land.
Whilst the Empire had to give up the Blades (oh, a spy group, who, btw, is still in operation; wait, wait, say it ain't so; the impies isn't following the white gold concordant treaty; mighty hypocritical of them)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts