• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Katastrophe

King of Tales
    great. and I'm really sorry for all the bugging and the questions, but I have to know another thing.xD
    Does the referenced RP post have to written on this site, if we're linking? :)
    Don't worry about it.
    And no, you can just copy/paste it if you like. It doesn't matter. :p

Netherworld

H. P. Lovecraft is my bitch.
    Basics:

Name: Asturia Sarkath
    Race: Redguard
    Birthplace: Riften; Merryfair farm
    Class: Assassin
    Religion: Daedric prince Bhoethiah
    Sexuality: Bisexual
    Health: Slower magicka regen
    Afflictions: Witbane

Character:

Looks: She's of average build and average height; she's basically average everything. The only distinguishing feature is the eyepatch she always wears. Not because she's lost an eye, mind you, but rather because she finds it tedious having to shut her eye when shooting a bow; and considering she does that a lot, it comes in handy. Underneath the flowing robes that leave most to the imagination is hidden a well muscled body born of years of hardship and vigorous training. She usually wears her black hair tied up with a leather band, so it doesn't disturb her when she performs tasks typical of her profession. She has piercing silver eyes that stare right through your soul if you aren't careful enough.

Personality: Asturia is a very distant woman whose eye(s) it's hard to capture, let alone keep her attention. The only thing she seems to pay any mind to is her line of work. As all good assassins, she pays the price; she treads through life without a single emotion passing over her face, without a single event scraping at the barriers that surround her heart. Most of the time she avoids human contact – or any other, to be clear – but when she is forced to mix with social creatures, she does so without enthusiasm and no small amount of repulsion. Any conversation she conducts is carried with blatant bluntness and without any tact whatsoever. To sum it up; she's a misanthrope. Rare is the occasion when someone manages to coax a response out of her and by the time they are able to do so, she is usually so riled up that things quickly turned into a heated argument that more often than not leads to an enthusiastic pub brawl.

Bio: She was raised by a pair of farmers west of Riften, but since business was bad because of the bandit raids along the road, the small girl was sent away at an early age, supposedly to live a better life. Although living with her uncle in Whiterun didn't seem as bad at the time, things soon went downhill. It's amazing how a single sunny day can change the fate of one unsuspecting child who found itself at the wrong place at the wrong time. Seeing your loved ones slaughtered before your eyes is not an easy thing to witness, much less forget; it seemed only natural to shut it all out at the time. Certainly better than having to endure your heart being shred to pieces, right? After all, nobody can tear it apart if it's gone.

Starting location: Ivarstead; Vilemyr Inn

Affiliation:

The Thieves Guild: Well acquainted; they work together often, especially with Vex
    The Companions: No relation
    Mage’s College: Acquainted with Enthir
    The Dark Brotherhood: Friends with Babette
    The Order: Doesn't know they exist
    The Thalmor: Has done some work for them
    The Imperial Legion: Has done some work for them
    The Stormcloaks: Has done some work for them
    The Falmer: No relation
    The Reachmen: No relation

Combat & Equipment

Equipment: An enchanted longbow, a poisoned sword, a set of light armor
    Skills: Archery, One-Handed, Hand-to-Hand, Alchemy, Illusion, Sneaking
    Spells: Invisibility, Muffle, Frenzy, Soul trap, Flames, Fast healing
    Perk tree

Post sample:

"It is with great satisfaction that I present you today," rang the bellowing voice across the hushed host of people, "the bastard, the thief who dared take the legacy of our forefathers!" At this, the throng was roused as one, soft whispers quickly escalating into full-out insults and angry expletives spat at the kneeling figure on the wooden platform beside the gallows. It was only a matter of minutes before the words were replaced with rotten vegetable and foul fruit that smattered the man's bland linen clothing. The stench of putrefaction that filled the town square soon grew unbearable and those with no guts for that sort of thing quickly emptied their stomachs of their last meals to the side of the pavement. The figure, whose face was hidden with an old potato sack, was still kneeling stock-still, as if it were someone else who was pelted just seconds ago.

When the guards finally managed to silence the unsettled crowd again, the herald picked up: "We will have justice today!" he nearly screamed, the veins on his ruddy face bristling with anger. "We will have what is rightfully ours!" the riffraff joined in, their mass tiding at the edge of the gallows like the stormy sea.

Another figure had been watching all this take place, safely obscured from prying gazes by the thin fabric that served as curtains in a window high above the square. It was at this moment that its sleek hands took hold of the bow that had been left alone up until then, while with one leg firmly planted on the edge of the window, it ensured its stability. A single arrow was whisked from the quiver resting on a small overturned stool beside it. With the thinnest of sounds the arrow was placed on the string of the black bow in its strong, sure grip. Everything was ready, now all it had to do, was to wait.

The man outside had finished his heated speech, successfully riling up the masses; as if they weren't uncontrollable enough. The figure in the window snorted derisively and watched as the convict was pulled to his feet and led to the noose swinging in the afternoon breeze. The nameless archer turned its gaze to the sun, finding it was almost at its peak. "Just a few seconds more," the figure whispered to itself and wrapped its fingers around the string, breathing heavily with excitement. "The executioner closed in on the now shaking thief and tightened the rope around his fragile neck with practiced, automated emotions. When he was done, another man, thin and bony, grabbed the lever that was the only barrier between the world of the living and the dead for the sobbing man. "Come on!" the figure hissed with irritation, its gaze meandering cross the sea of faces in the square. Then finally, the creaking of the trap-door mechanism could be heard in the sudden stillness and her eye centered in on its target.

"Gotcha, you sorry son of a bitch," she spat as she released the arrow into the neck of the only smirking man in the audience.

[I do hope everything is in order. Should something be amiss, do let me know. :)]

Wolfbane

Why change the past when you can own this day?
    I'm active!

why thank you, good sir. :p

I did spend waaay too much time surfing the darling chest of wonders that is dA. ^^

EDIT: wait, you mean the pic for the character or the avatar? now I'm slightly confused. lack of sleep, of course, has nothing to do with it...
    Character picture. Avatar is cool too.

Also, I'm more of a madam than a sir. :p

Ah, my sincerest apologies, madam. I do hope to rectify my mistake in the future and make it up to you in whichever way you deem necessary. :p
    Well, you can earn my forgiveness by answering some questions, if that's cool. :D

I'm not even a little bit in charge of this RP, but I like knowing what's going on, and I'm a little picky about lore. Since your character makes money as an assassin, it follows that she is a member of the DB because she really can't operate as a solo assassin in Skyrim. If she's a member of the DB, what exactly is her affiliation with the Thieves Guild? The two groups don't really work together because the Thieves Guild is all about ruining someone's life instead of killing them. I believe one of the characters in-game mentions occasional contracts the Guild brings to the DB if they can't solve it themselves, but other than that, there isn't a ton of interaction, I think. That's a long way of asking for clarification about her relationship to both parties.

Additionally, how did she go from farm girl to assassin? This one's more of a curiosity question.

Netherworld

Aaah, so many questions, so...much time, I believe. ;)

As for the DB & TG thingy, yes. She's not a full fledged member of the db, so to speak. She takes contracts that aren't given to her directpy through db too, for example from the thalmor, imperials and so on. To her, db is more of a starting point of sorts, not something she's dedicated with her whole being :)

She isn't a member of tg in any way, not even close. She's just good friends with vex, and as you've stated yourself, tg does seek the help of more permanent kind from time to time. ;)

The last question, I'm afraid, will remain unanswered. There was a time when I'd write a character's history down to the last minute detail, but I find there's little fun in that :p if you want to know that, you'll just have to coerce it out of asturia ic. ;P

I hope I've satisfied your curiosity, though, and apologise sincerely for the most probably horrible spelling, as I'm on mobile. :)

Aaah, so many questions, so...much time, I believe. ;)

As for the DB & TG thingy, yes. She's not a full fledged member of the db, so to speak. She takes contracts that aren't given to her directpy through db too, for example from the thalmor, imperials and so on. To her, db is more of a starting point of sorts, not something she's dedicated with her whole being :)

She isn't a member of tg in any way, not even close. She's just good friends with vex, and as you've stated yourself, tg does seek the help of more permanent kind from time to time. ;)

The last question, I'm afraid, will remain unanswered. There was a time when I'd write a character's history down to the last minute detail, but I find there's little fun in that :p if you want to know that, you'll just have to coerce it out of asturia ic. ;P

I hope I've satisfied your curiosity, though, and apologise sincerely for the most probably horrible spelling, as I'm on mobile. :)
    That makes sense except for the DB part. If they found out she was taking contracts in Skyrim, especially considering how controlling Astrid is, your character might get her face stomped. She can be as talented as she wants, but if an entire group of DB members comes after her, she would be boned. According to their rules, she can't just take assassination contracts. That's why they come for you in-game after you kill Grelod - if you're gonna be killing for purpose, you will do it through them, and you will do it for gold.

The people you mention don't really give out contracts as groups, but individuals within those groups may do so. The Stormcloaks, or Nords as a whole, really, tend to have a strong dislike for the DB. There is no honor in killing from the shadows for money, and Nord culture is honor-bound. The Imperials feel similarly, but again, individuals within these groups may feel differently.

As for the idea of playing info close to the chest, I'm all for that in RPs, but it can be a little difficult for other authors if we don't know where your character is coming from. Anya in particular cares exactly zero about other people's stories unless there's a really good reason for her to know, so if you don't post stuff about your character, I'll likely never find out. You could post some detail without giving away who she is, and besides that, our characters won't know what we know unless they get information from each other. That's more up to you than anything else, I suppose, but it's just a thought.

Netherworld

I don't think you really need to justify your thoughts. :p We're all free to think them and, truthfully,I welcome comments. :)

I realize I may have been vague considering the Imps and the Stormcloaks, but I really did mean individuals, not the factions as a whole. It seems only logical for that to happen, as the contracts you receive when you're in DB also come from people of all sorts. And truly, you can be honorable all you like, but all is fair in love and war. ;)

well, greed has a strong pull once you start earnin' those septims :p

I think you have a valid point considering my character development, but frankly, I think that gives the creation a slight shroud of mystery. and unless some of you really feel you can't RP with asturia if you don't know how exactly she came to be what she is, I don't think I'll be explaining it outside of RP. :)

I don't think you really need to justify your thoughts. :p We're all free to think them and, truthfully,I welcome comments. :)

I realize I may have been vague considering the Imps and the Stormcloaks, but I really did mean individuals, not the factions as a whole. It seems only logical for that to happen, as the contracts you receive when you're in DB also come from people of all sorts. And truly, you can be honorable all you like, but all is fair in love and war. ;)

well, greed has a strong pull once you start earnin' those septims :p

I think you have a valid point considering my character development, but frankly, I think that gives the creation a slight shroud of mystery. and unless some of you really feel you can't RP with asturia if you don't know how exactly she came to be what she is, I don't think I'll be explaining it outside of RP. :)

A'ight. Kat's the one who decides whether or not to let people in, and I'm sure he'll get back to you soon. Good luck!

Katastrophe

King of Tales
    Sorry for the delays. I thought I posted to accept your character, Nether, earlier but... I suppose I didn't. Heh. D:
    Is that shade of red the one you'd like to use? Is it a palette color or a custom one? If the later, can I get the hexcode pl0x? Thanks. :p

Alright so, later tonight I'll update everything - make a big NPC post again.
    If you're still active, great. If not, we're just going to move on.

Netherworld

Sorry for the delays. I thought I posted to accept your character, Nether, earlier but... I suppose I didn't. Heh. D:
    Is that shade of red the one you'd like to use? Is it a palette color or a custom one? If the later, can I get the hexcode pl0x? Thanks. :p

Alright so, later tonight I'll update everything - make a big NPC post again.
    If you're still active, great. If not, we're just going to move on.

yeah, if it's not taken then I claim it^^ it's the regular
    Code:
    [color=darkred]Netherworld[/color]

Therin

Okay, so this site has not been sending me any alerts through e-mail, nor have they even put up alerts on the top of the page. Since I've been a bit busy this week, I haven't dug too deeply into topics to see if anyone's said anything until today. I'll try to get my submission up tonight, but I also have to study for a physics exam, so it may not exactly happen until tomorrow. I'll start writing now and see how far along I get. I have the next portion mapped out in my head, I just need to get it on screen. And catch up on reading the posts, too.

Rextoret

top kek
    Okay, so this site has not been sending me any alerts through e-mail, nor have they even put up alerts on the top of the page. Since I've been a bit busy this week, I haven't dug too deeply into topics to see if anyone's said anything until today. I'll try to get my submission up tonight, but I also have to study for a physics exam, so it may not exactly happen until tomorrow. I'll start writing now and see how far along I get. I have the next portion mapped out in my head, I just need to get it on screen. And catch up on reading the posts, too.

Same thing here with the emails.

Therin

Kat,

Even though Therin doesn't know why, I assure you that I do. I just wanted to end the post on a cliffhanger because 1) its interesting to the readers and 2) I have a test to study for now. But, I will post again in the next few days to clear everything up.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts