Quest The Oghma Infinium and Main Quest

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
well, everyone know about the oghma infinium right? that book who give you the ability to choose 1 path (mage, warrior or thief) and +5 levels on skills of the path you chose.
okay, i was reading in a wiki that you have to talk to Septimus Signus, and do the quest, and blablabla, and when he will get the book for you, he disintegrate. But it's not my worry. I saw too, that he is "used" on the main quest Elder Knowledge, right? If i do the Oghma Infinium quest FIRST, will i get stuck on the main questline? because i won't have no one to talk, and continue, 'cause Septimus has disintegrated.

ianc1

No you have to do the main quest elder knowledge and get the elder scroll first, only when you have completed this wil you get the quest for the quest for the book. but be careful and don't forget to get the elder scroll before you complete septimus first quest.

Ron H

What happens if you do the quest for the book first? I did that and now I can not get the elder scroll. Am I now unable to finish the main quest line?

Hart

Sassmaster
What happens if you do the quest for the book first? I did that and now I can not get the elder scroll. Am I now unable to finish the main quest line?

Hi Ron. When it comes to the quest, after you've gotten whatever information it is for the main storyline and have gotten the attunement sphere, you should be okay to finish the book quest before hand. I usually don't, since the plot moves pretty fast from there.

Ron H

Hi Ron. When it comes to the quest, after you've gotten whatever information it is for the main storyline and have gotten the attunement sphere, you should be okay to finish the book quest before hand. I usually don't, since the plot moves pretty fast from there.

I don't understand your answer. I did the quest Discerning the Transmundane. This required me to go to Alftand and transcribe the lexicon. But I took that back to Septimus and of course he get killed and I get the book, Oghma Infinium. But now I can not get the elder scroll at Alftand, as I have nothing to activate it. This kills me on two major quest lines, both Elder Knowledge and Seeking Disclosure. Both of these require this Blood Scroll.

I have spent a lot of time just doing other quests, but I really want to work on the main quest line.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts