• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
So I heard offline play is back. FAITH IN MICROSOFT RESTORED!

mamali

i really hope so , if its always-on , i will not buy it cuz my internet sucks .

i'll buy it if i can play offline , just for HALO :)

Doctor Langstrom

I want to be FEARED!
So I heard offline play is back. FAITH IN MICROSOFT RESTORED!

Nothing has been confirmed yet. I've also heard that the Online subscription prices are going to increase. As high as 15 dollars a month. I suppose we shall see what happens on the 21st. Though, I have a feeling Microsoft is gonna fluffk it up in some fashion.

Epic Keith

Wow this thread got featured. Anyways, Microsoft said something about a 'two phase plan' and the Xbox would be phase one of the plan. I have a feeling something big is coming.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
It's unlikely, but I'd be very happy if some devs ported 360 games to the One with some improvements to take advantage of the better tech.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
Correction: if they were greedy, they would make a console that would sell in great numbers and bring in money. :p

Epic Keith

Well I'm staying with me ole' Xbox 360

6C7512049-new-image-consoles.blocks_desktop_large.jpg

Hell they kept the controller the same! And the console looks so plopsty! It's like a DVD player or the PS2!

AND THEY CALLED IT XBOX ONE!!! IT"S THE THIRD XBOX!

'The Xbox One took four years to develop and will be the launchpad for a "Halo" live-action video series produced by Steven Spielberg'

Ok....

'The new device interacts with a television, responds to voice and gesture commands, includes group video calling on Skype, 15 exclusive game titles and original programming content.'

Didn't we have this on the last Xbox too?

'The Xbox One will chiefly compete with Nintendo Co's new Wii U and Sony Corp's forthcoming PlayStation 4 for a bigger slice of the $65 billion-a-year computer game market.'

Yeah right. You just gave them the competition in a silver plate

'Microsoft did not refer to the new gadget as a "console" but rather an entertainment system, signalling its renewed focus on making the Xbox a sort of window for media and entertainment content, said Forrester Research's James McQuivey.'

What? That sounds like trouble. The Xbox is supposed to BE a console! Not a PC! You guys are just pushing in apps we use on our computers into our Xbox. The only reason I will turn on my Xbox is for gaming

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
I just watched Angry Joe ranting about the Xbox One on youtube. No backwards compability? No buying used games or borrowing games between friends?

All Sony has to do now, is not make these same mistakes, and Microsoft will get its arse handed to it in the console war. By the looks of this, I might switch over to the PS from Xbox, when my loyal 360 finally bites the dust...

beastoking

Sunvaar Do Keizaal
I'll take PC/PS4 over the new Xbox. Don't get me wrong, I have no issues with the 360 other than paying for the online, but the new one is a trainwreck. Even the name "Xbox One" is ridiculous, and Microsoft is being so fl*ffing greedy with it, as if they even need to be, with the piles of cash they roll in. I just hope Sony doesn't make these mistakes.

Sean

lost somewhere
I just watched Angry Joe ranting about the Xbox One on youtube. No backwards compability? No buying used games or borrowing games between friends?

All Sony has to do now, is not make these same mistakes, and Microsoft will get its arse handed to it in the console war. By the looks of this, I might switch over to the PS from Xbox, when my loyal 360 finally bites the dust...

Then Angry Joe is an idiot if he says no used games, and should actually research before ranting.

The X1 will support used games.
Only the first profile will be able to install the game to the drive and play WITHOUT the disc.
Any subsequent profiles that play the game (even states away) will need the disc to play the game (like games now).

If they want to play the game without the disc, then they have to buy the game, which they can do from the marketplace.

Also, it doesn't need an always on internet connection.
What was said, was that to play anything that requires Xbox Live, you will need to connect to Xbox Live (makes sense).
If you want to play something that uses online features (DVR), but lose internet, then you will still be able to watch your TV shows, at least for several hours (may be longer).

Then, if you want to play a game like Skyrim (despite not being able to play that on the X1) without internet, then you can, as it doesn't need it.

Also, if someone wants to bring up that "you have to connect at least once every 24 hours" then they are still wrong, because Harrison was only describing a potential situation that MS was considering.
I HIGHLY doubt they are going to do that, as they will lose a good portion of their customers.

On used games, the PS4 ALSO CAN NOT PLAY USED GAMES.

This is because of the switching of how the system operates, which makes backwards compatibility not work.

This conference wasn't about games either, Microsoft SAID that E3 is where they will be showing off games, not the announcement.
The announcement was more for the tech and showing off "their new toys," and less on the games.

I'm personally looking forward to this. I think the design is just fine and I really dig the new triggers and bumpers on the controller. I couldn't care less about backwards compatibility (if I want to play Skyrim I'll turn on my 360) and you should have to pay for every game you play, especially if being forced to buy new games only will keep all the little kids that are completely ruining online multiplayer away because their mommies don't want to shell out $60 repeatedly. I always buy new regardless because money is what greases the gears of the gaming world. And I'll also gladly pay for a monthly subscription, increased or not, because it's worth it. I sold my PS3 because of how awful Sony's free online was compared to Xbox Live. All the other features the X1 is offering isn't my main concern but always a bonus.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts