• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SaveVsBedWet

I realy wish o could smith arrows. especially at a low lvl. They r so expensive. Especially when with my newest class, i dont smith, alchemy or enchant. All my income comes from looting and jobs. Slow going, especially when i buy all my armor and weapons. Just would b nice to be able to afford more than 30-40 arrows other than iron.

There is an Arrowsmith mod on SkyrimNexxus. You can make your own arrows after collecting the wood and securing the requisite number of hawk feathers, which are obtained by shooting the hawks down.

It doesn't require the smithing or archery trees to be maxed out either, because I stopped just short of dragon armor smithing (around 96 or so) and can in fact smith arrows all the way up to Daedric. The mod may actually add an arrowsmith perk but I'd have to be in front of it to see what went on. Just know there hasn't been an arrow purchase since.

BrthrhdOfSteel

The Goose Assassin
That would b great if i played on pc......but i play on xbox, and as far as i know, no mods work on 360.....Thax 4 the idea though

Necromatic

Epic Gamer and Glich Exploiter
That would b great if i played on pc......but i play on xbox, and as far as i know, no mods work on 360.....Thax 4 the idea though
Yea. Mods can be put on the xbox, but i wouldn't suggest it as modding the xbox will get microsoft mad if they catch you and then you will likely be banned from live. (I've looked into this exstencivly)

BrthrhdOfSteel

The Goose Assassin
Yea. Mods can be put on the xbox, but i wouldn't suggest it as modding the xbox will get microsoft mad if they catch you and then you will likely be banned from live. (I've looked into this exstencivly)
Exactly, i know of a few instances were people got caught, and were banned for a year or two. Never herd of a lifetime ban, but that doesnt matter, dont think i could go a day w/o LIVE.

Necromatic

Yea. I was looking at it cuz i wanted to put the lightsaber mod on mine as well as an awesome house and a couple minor things to get make the game more enjoyable.

Archair

i agree with some of your theories!But skyrim is not a sort game at all...i have completed the main quest line, the civil war im level 81 and i havent even completed the half game(quests,guilds).Skyrim is a really good game but i have to say that the only thing i hate are the dungeons!!!

Necromatic

i agree with some of your theories!But skyrim is not a sort game at all...i have completed the main quest line, the civil war im level 81 and i havent even completed the half game(quests,guilds).Skyrim is a really good game but i have to say that the only thing i hate are the dungeons!!!
I've got two lvl 82's and starting on my third (lvl 16 atm) and I'm still finding new things. I never said it was short, it's just that once you finish the main stuff you feel kinda lost because you don't have anywhere specific to go. I hate doing the min-side quests too.

jolafer

I agree with much of what you say, though you sound more "disappointed" by Skyrim than I was(!). The advances in how skills & levels grow were brilliant, IMO - though you have a point the "stories" were not all they might have been (esp, as you say, the Dark Brotherhood line).

I don't mind them having only specific houses for sale, I think it's fine to have only set player-ownable houses. What I do think would be nifty is having some choices in outfitting them. Instead of the preset rooms, maybe you could choose to an Alchemy lab or Enchanter - or more bookcases or weapon-mounts or mannequins... or chests!
More choices of what to put IN the house might make it having to be that house less confining(?).

You lose me a bit on staves. They're enchanted weapons. You don't get any skill-boosts for using a fire-sword, why should you for a flame-staff? The magic is in the weapon, it's none of your doing. One option might be to have a staff improve your spells by 20 percent or so(?) - using them would cost you magicka, but you could cast any spell you know through the staff... no enchantment on the staff itself (to wear off) - it would just be an extension of "you" (and level with you)...?

In general terms, I'd like to see them dare a game with even less (or no??) Main Quest at all...! I don't care for games that lead you by the nose, and one thing I ~loved~ about Oblivion was that if you just don't go to Kvatch, the Gates never start opening all over the place - and you can have a good "life" ignoring that whole thing! :)

To me, it comes down to that "chosen one" beginning: in Skyrim (as in Morrowind) you are inescapably The One; in Oblivion, you're just a prisoner. Sure, the Emperor saw you in his dreams, but you're not really obliged or anything...!
I think the "Main Quest" should be "down-sized" into something more like a guild or faction option. The Elder Scrolls games are uniquely best for providing that "sandbox" of free-will... and Skyrim was maybe a bit of a step-back in that.

My only complaint is that they do "push" us a tad... you begin the Dragonborn, and seeing a dragon, so you're thrust on that path - and a lot of the faction-quests seem to overlap: that is, finishing one ~assigns~ you another in the same dialogue-blurb. I'd prefer having to go ask before I am "assigned" quests... I'm playing a game for fun - I don't want a huge To-Do List in my spare time too!

Skyrim does go a long way to "organic" play and does allow some open-ended options (Max Von Sydow wants me to kill the friendly dragon, Christopher Plummer says no... and Plummer did win the Oscar this year...?) - but you make good case for an even more free-ranging set of warring-factions. D-Bros vs Morag would a be very cool story line!

I'd have it come late: after you've done a few (ahem) hits, you become aware there's another murder-for-hire bunch out there. Being sent after Morags could be a late mission - or, it could come the other way... after you've joined the DB, maybe a random chance begins that Morags come after YOU!

juni0rj0hn

Article Writer
Ah I didn't know that. Should have re checked the spell skill trees! but yes like i said bonus damage and take downs. Hope you enjoyed :)
Hi, Volen, I'm new and hopefully when the admin is back online I'll be able to write articles about this awesome game with people like you. I agree, there are a few errors in Skyrim that resrtrict your freedoms of gameplay. The gameplay is reppetetive, and the cinematics NEED to be fixed.

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?
I feel that they should add more weapons. Such as spears( one handed) and pikes( two handed) and crossbows. I also like the idea of something completely new other then the normal generic fantasy stuff. Perhaps something cataclysmic should happen in tamreil changing it completely

VolenKiller

The Idealist
Hi, Volen, I'm new and hopefully when the admin is back online I'll be able to write articles about this awesome game with people like you. I agree, there are a few errors in Skyrim that resrtrict your freedoms of gameplay. The gameplay is reppetetive, and the cinematics NEED to be fixed.
Well honestly I'm no one special, just a guy with some thoughts . And my friend welcome to the forums! You've already got my respect ;)

VolenKiller

The Idealist
I feel that they should add more weapons. Such as spears( one handed) and pikes( two handed) and crossbows. I also like the idea of something completely new other then the normal generic fantasy stuff. Perhaps something cataclysmic should happen in tamreil changing it completely
You seem to be the type of person that would really enjoy morrowind, or mabey not. it's the 3rd Elder Scrolls. For the PC. It has spears , pikes, crossbows, and even throwing stars . Just be prepared for a major, MAJOR, graphic change. I personally just picked up with morrowind, lvl 11 redguard :D I only played it when i was younger so i don't really remember much, so catching up on that. Anyhow. OH, also get the expansions that come with it . Well at least i recommend it.

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

After playing nonstop since its debut, I pretty much knew the only thing that would pause my Skyrim play would be Mass Effect 3 (or computer theft).

Now after I have already lost interest in ME3 after one week because it was written to essentially make the whole 6 year journey to it pointless, and because the single player experience is in fact tied to participation the multiplayer game despite their assurances that it wouldn't be, I am back on Skyrim, and still have tons of things to do. I can't believe I've had this game for going on 5 months, played constantly, finished the main quest a month ago at least, and still have every guild questline to look forward to plus who knows how many random quests and wars out in the wilds of Skyrim. What a game. Between Bethesda DLC and the modding communities it could go on forever. Although I would really love it if they would tie the provinces together again so we could move freely through Tamriel from Skyrim.

EA must've indoctrinated Bioware. I was sooo dissapointed in the ending... than I felt like I was trolled with their DLC epilogue crap that explains why they are right and fans are idiot. Guess they're trying to milk the series... Anyway, I agree. That's what I always liked about the series for Elder Scrolls. It NEVER ends... and the company actually LISTENS to their fans (broken steel anyone?).

Ri'tai The Wordsmith

Khaaz dovah of the highest level.
I think that they should not make another tes. they should just keep adding to skyrim. Allow u to go to morrowind. Then to high rock, and so on. Eventually after a year or so, you can eventually go to every regon of the world. and then, possibly have for the last dlc, have all countries go to war with each other, or mabe the dwemer come back and try to take over the world.
That's never going to happen. The map size would be so large, the lag would kill you. And the memory, think about it. Skyrim is 5 gig of memory, so, you would need 8 more maps, full of quests, which would come to... 45 gigabytes of memory. Then, think about the cost, and the time it would take.By the time bethesda have finished with sumurset isle, as that is the most logical last map, it would be about 2020. And then, skyrim's graphics and mechanics would be seen as terrible, so no-one would play it any more, and all the DLCs you mentioned would cost WAY too much for any sane person to buy, as adding 8 new provinces would cost A LOT for bethesda. Like, the cost of 8 skyrims. Why would bethesda waste time and money on skyrim, when they would probably sell none of it. Also, the dwarves are extinct, all of them,dead. Heck, not even that dwarf who was in morrowind would of survived the eruption of red mountain. So, while there will be DLCs for skyrim, It will probably only be the extento of shivering isles or knights of the nine for oblivion.

Necromatic

You seem to be the type of person that would really enjoy morrowind, or mabey not. it's the 3rd Elder Scrolls. For the PC. It has spears , pikes, crossbows, and even throwing stars . Just be prepared for a major, MAJOR, graphic change. I personally just picked up with morrowind, lvl 11 redguard :D I only played it when i was younger so i don't really remember much, so catching up on that. Anyhow. OH, also get the expansions that come with it . Well at least i recommend it.
lol, yea. Morrowind is great. Just looks like ur character is constipated when they run. I love the weapon variety in it though. Part of me would love to go see marrowind again (even if it isn't vardenfell) and get the cool toys back.

TodzumLeben

I like the ability to make custom looking armor and weapons. Bethesda definately needs to add more animal companions and bring back spell making.

splashAssassin

I agree about the stuff with houses, the DB quest line, i completely agree about staffs i have been saying the same thing for years it should also have skill requirements to wield certain stalves and some should increase damage but also increas cost or vice versa it would make mages more intresting, i think with illusion and quite casting thats enough for stealth with mages because assassins need their place, i love hand to hand in this game then i find out its not a skill c'mon, just combine lockpick and pickpocet trees and make one handed the thief trees weapon, or add spears to warrior re-add mysticism to mage, and hand to hand to thief tree and voila balance.

oh yea and CAPES please with good physics on the too every build no matter if good or evil mage warrior or assassin, would all benefit from some awesome capes

splashAssassin

Also would be great to add to archery, like if you damage someones legsenough they don't regen stamina and slow down by about half, and if you hit their arm then they cant use weapons as efeectively and head shots do the most damage, with torso damage hurting health regen or something. it would make archery a bit more fun and varied plus add some stratergy since always going for the head shot isnt the smartest thing to do like if your fighting something faster then aim for the legs to slow it down then go in for the kill or hitting a warriors arm to lessen his damage. this should also apply to all other weapons except maybe destruction, and for melee give special moves that aim for specific spots of the body not just swinging wildly at the feet. and lastly add a dodge mechanic so for those with light armor and dual weapons will be able to dodge better than say heavey armor and shield whic would make not blocking with dual weapons (which i agree with) give the option for damage reduction as it would be in a real fight. so many ideas wish i could just get a one on one with Bethesda and share my ideas. Guess ill just have to wait and make a game myself...

Phobos990

I think that acrobatics will be fun, make a perk tree of that. backflip, high jump, run faster, rolling to escape from the enemies and then attack with a dual dagger! a kajiit will be perfect!

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Oh my gosh, headshots. Headshots need to be incorporated. It is absurd that I can shoot an arrow right between someone's eyes and they continue fighting. Headshots with arrows should be instant kills.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts