The most fun class you've played?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Truewan

Warrior, Mage or Thief (assassin) type?

I know there is a mix, but assassin seems to be the most widely played, followed by mage. Is this because you have the most fun doing these? Or just feel like a badass?

Also which race?

BOTTOM LINE

So you have a very squishy, average DPS stealth character; a very resilent, average DPS tank; a resilent, high DPS 2h; an overpowered mage that does not die... ever and destroy's everything it looks at for class combat choices.

Imo, they should insert a talent into the light armor tree. "Increases the chance attacks miss you by 25-50% if you are dual-wielding."

Blocking is balanced, because you cannot attack or cast spells while doing so, and you can still be attacked from behind.

The mage is also balanced, in the sense you have to work hard to reach that level... But beyond that, I'd say personally up the difficulty of the game to master as you get better lol.

Truewan

I'll start first lol...

Basically I love the Theif. More specifically, Wood elf Archer, that loves to sneak and have a great amount of speech/pick pocketing.

Im not sure how, but I gave him a mohawk as well, with a brown skin tan, he looks native american by chance, oh and Im a warewolf... reminds of twillight movie. Honestly this is the most fun I've had... just running around and keeping people at a distance with skilled shots.

I don't like the melee combat system, even if its maditory sometimes, I feel so very squishy, for the first 12 levels, the difficulty was on master... wtf? lol Changed it down two nothces and everything flows so much more smoothy, I felt like I had to fight for my life every battle, which was nice... by after dying 50 times, it was more frustrating than anything...

Great game btw, dynamic combat, skills flow a lot more smoothy, great storyline, beautiful graphics, amazingly open game world. The only thing I don't like so far is the random freezes.

Kalerio

I used to play as a Breton pure mage, until yesterday. I got really bored of playing the mage in the somewhat higher levels. I tried a sneaky assassin/archer type of character yesterday to about level 10 and I like him so far, but I really wanna try out some melee combat. Will create a Redguard warrior character today and continue playing a warrior or thief, depending on what I like the most.

demujin

My first character is also a mage, and it is fun. But I got the itch to play with swords and arrows, so I made a second character focused on stealth and archery for primary combat and sword and shield up close as a secondary. he has a lot of stamina, destroys with a bow and is pretty damn good with a sword and shield as well. He is a lot of fun to play. Supplement with alchemy, smithing and a bit of enchanting and I've got a pretty good ranger type.

I chose a Redguard as my second character because of his initial stat boosts and his racial power. The stat boosts matter the most in the early game. Ultimately you could take any race and make your character a badass.

Jaeger

Well, I liked the Dark Elf assassin until I went to join the thieves guild and felt dirty doing the missions.

I really like playing a Conan type nord. Ice dragons aint shi-ot (ice blast to the face didnt do nuthin). Fur Light armor with the Heavy armor horned helmet. When i could start making it, i srarted to wear scaled armor. Two handed sword. Sneak. points going into health and stamina 60-40. Stormcloak and Dragonborn stories. Married Moll The Lioness (and she became follower wearing fornsworn armor) and put the smack down on the thieves guild for her. Going to join the bards in future.

He jumps off of second stories and cliffs into the midst of them swinging an ice blade.

Toddkay

To be honest I've never felt the desire to run multiple characters in TES games. To me the exploration and discovery is more exciting than anything, and playing though the region a second time doesn't seem particularly appealing. Doing the quests of the guilds I might have missed the first time does sound exciting though.

That said, I have always played a light weight sneaking archer type, but did try a heavy warrior in Morriwind. The stealth factor always keeps me coming back for more though.

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
My most fun class has been my Dark Elf. She is a Mage/Thief combo who prefers to sneak around and slit your throat (or burn you alive if the dagger damage isn't high enough). I love the idea of being in light weight armor and shooting from afar and then burning everyone once I get in close. Just started a Battlemage and so far I'm LOVING it.

morguen87

|\/| P |/\|
I had a lot of fun with an Imperial knight type character. I used a sword and shield with heavy armor and relied heavily on restoration spells as well.

When I decided to make a new character I couldn't decide if I wanted to be a sneaky archer, or a warrior wielding a two handed warhammer. So I decided to be both.
I rolled with a Nord and I sneak around using a bow and arrow then switch to a warhammer when I'm discovered or need to fight close range.
I usually always increase health when I level up and I use my perks on archery, two handed, sneak, or light armor in that order of priority.

When most people decide to roll a character that is going to rely on sneaking and archery, they don't typically think of Nords. However, combining sneak archery with a two handed warhammer has been a blast so far.

Tacocat

When most people decide to roll a character that is going to rely on sneaking and archery, they don't typically think of Nords.

I can relate; I made a Nord Mage. (luls)

I find mages exceptionally fun once you get your Conjuration, Destruction, and Enchanting (0 mana cost on Conjur/Destruct with Extra Effect perk). Though it gets relatively boring (even at Master difficulty) when I can just blow everything up with Destruction as I let my Dremora Summons tank them all. Their swing damage is pretty amazing. And you don't have to worry about keeping them alive or stabbing you when you fry them with a Fire Storm.

Thieves are challenging and very versatile. I went Conjur/Illusion/One-H/Sneak. With Conjur/One-H/Sneak at 100. Illusion at 50 for Quiet Casting. I find the back-stabbing play style cumbersome with a follower; but in some tough situations, their presence would be a godsend. So summoning 2 Dremoras while sneaking/muffled is a perfect distraction as you maneuver your way into sneak attacking the rest of your victims.

I've never gotten very far as a Warrior. I found the mindless whacking a bit boring. Though I'm considering Block/Restoration with a ranged follower; sounds pretty fun tbh, if a bit slow.

Truewan

I've never gotten very far as a Warrior. I found the mindless whacking a bit boring. Though I'm considering Block/Restoration with a ranged follower; sounds pretty fun tbh, if a bit slow.

my thoughts exactly

Elvus

For the first 25 levels or so being a mage is really fun,but then it gets easy...REALLY easy to just massacre everything if you use enchanted gear that reduces magicka costs. Of course you can just restrain yourself from using extremely powerful enchantments,but I've burned myself out on magic for now. Stealth is extremely fun if you like challenging game-play. Being a warrior has been equally fun for me as being a stealthy type guy. My personal opinion is just that of course,an opinion that may differ from your own experiences.

WrxScooby

I <3 My Subaru's
I started off as Primary Mage and Sneak/Archery just because they sounded the most interesting to me, like you could see some crazy stuff go down while using magic conjuring, lighting storm, and traps. after getting pretty far into that I believe at least level 40.

Then I went the total opposite and went for heavy armor and 2 handed weapons to get down and dirty. I just walk around and feel like a badass, no one in there right mind dare test me, kind of feeling.

I might have to make another file just to see what the assain is all about never even tried to go that direction in either of my saves. A lot of people seem to talk about it though.

PEter

At first I (as usual) went the sneaky dagger route. But around level 30 I gave up. The game play was extremely binary. Either I cleared a dungeon by soley sneaking around and picking them off one by one or the few times my cover was blown, I was torn apart in seconds. It actually got a bit silly at one point where three bandits sat around a table, speaking about bandit stuff and I took them out in front of the others without raising an alarm.

Melee combat mechanics are very *meh* for a DW style. It's basically just hack-n-slash and hope that everything infront of you dies before you do. I'm now playing a paladin tank type (sword and board, heavy armor and restoration). Eventhough I still enjoy the assassin style, combat where you are able to block is much more fun than DW.

Truewan

Ahh... yes that has been my experience as well. Personally I just started a mage and found it to be the most fun out of everything. I've tried, except a stealthy archer.

I agree with you on the extreme's. The stealthy, light armor gets torn apart too quickly from melee combat. For a class that is suppose to excel at melee combat I found myself dying over and over and over.

The sword and board, heavy armor and restoration, was fun and the most challenging. It seems that is the way the game is ment to be played. (50% reduced magic was a little over-powered to be fair).

As for mages... yes the gameplay is ultimately too easy at higher levels, another extreme because even though you are a bender of magics, your suppose to be really squishy once your shields go down.

BOTTOM LINE

So you have a very squishy, average DPS stealth character; a very resilent, average DPS tank; a resilent, high DPS 2h; an overpowered mage that does not die... ever and destroy's everything it looks at for class combat choices.

Tom

Article Writer
for me the most FUN is an assassin or sneaky character.

it can be the most challenging, you need to scout out the area before your assault, pick the order of the kills, find a good position to attack from. it is a class for a patient player but very rewarding. also the quests in DB and thieves guild for me are the coolest ones.

A5ko

Dual-Wielding Dragon Destroyer
I'm finding my Archer extremely entertaining over my dual-wielding Nord warrior.

Jan van Manen

First day I didn't know anything of the game and I started off with a Heavy Armor weapon dual wielding Red Guard (Which was quite confiniant with the +10 one handed I wasn't aware of yet), I learned that I could preserve myself through Restoration, making me hardly beatable. Lastly I adapted Smithing to make and improve my own armor and become unbeatable. Later in the game I very rarely needed to restore my health through Restoration. All Perks Playing on One Handed, Heavy Armor, Smithing (Heavy) and a few on Restoration, it was a walk in the park playing on Adept, this turned out to be extremely easy.

After that I've tried Mages abit, Archers, all of that. But I still missed the melee cutscenes even thou the sneak dmg was fun for Archers, just like throwing around with the elements as a Mage.

On my second long game (Switching 2 steps up to Master diffeculty) however I went for dual wielding weapons again. This time a Heavy armor Orc. Same idea: High armor, high damage output, good survivability through Restoration and Smithing. Plus the Berserk racial (I didn't find Adrenaline Rush very necesary as Redguard adept, enemies where dead before my Stamina was).

It was some getting used to the Master diffeculty in the start, but eventually it felt equally easy as Adept, I just needed Restoration abit more often and enemies needed half / twice the more hits (Which wasn't much, because before they only needed one power attack).

Both times the game got easy after getting proper armor through Smithing. Deadric really is too powerful.

That's my dual melee Skyrim story!

Attachments

• Grodovh the Orc playthrough.jpg
    Grodovh the Orc playthrough.jpg
    438.9 KB · Views: 9

Mytheos

Ive always aimed on really different characters.

My highest skill is sneak
Second highest is alchemy
Then tied in third is one handed and archery

I have a few points in light armor I've only recently dug more into that tree. And smithing is on the rise too.

What I enjoy doing is scavenging. I'm a Breton thief. I have been doing endless jobs for the thieves guild in every corner of skyrim and making myself a nice bit of coin. But I walk everywhere and scour swamps grasslands and otherwise for anything I can turn into a potion. Mostly I invest in poison craft. I've only begun to make potent poisons that do 70 damage. I look forward to enchanting alchemy gear to really turn that number up. I usually just coat the tip of an arrow and have it find the closest bloodstream to tear asunder whenever a threat is detected. And when things get rough in close quarters (rare at best) I can handle my own unless numbers are overwhelming. In that case I'm probably going to run and drink an invisibility potion.

I'm an alchemist. But the thrill of a good heist or break in is too much to resist. Larceny is in my blood. As my venom is in yours.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using Tapatalk

Allet

Article Writer
My character build is similar to Mytheos's, though I like to think of my character as a Skirmisher.

His primary offensive skill is one-handed.
Defensives are Light Armor and Block.
He will dabble in Restoration (just enough for the magicka regen, up to to apprentice restoration, regeneration, and respite) and Alteration ( just up to maxing out Magic Resistance, but this will also help him cast his Mage/Candle light spells and some small shielding spells).
And his major skill is Alchemy.

So far I've been playing on Expert (I usually play on Adept) and the challenge is quite nice. I refuse to touch Smithing and Enchanting, which means I have to depend on Alchemy to meet my shortcomings :) Only about 15 (haven't invested in any of the spellcasting perks yet), and I'm devoting the leveling points evenly between health and stamina.

Quite a nice build. May not the best from a power-gaming perspective, but it's fun and easily possible with a bit of thought and a follower!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts