• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I must've done my character right because I didn't experience much in the way of difficulty until getting up around level 18. One that stands out as being particularly difficult though, is Umbra. I was low level, don't recall how low, but low. I initially learned of Umbra the sword from the Elder Scrolls novel The Infernal City, so I was excited to learn of Umbra the person and sword being present in Oblivion. I immediately sought the warrior out. After several failed attempts, I was finally able to overcome Umbra by luring her to a narrow hallway and slashing from safety behind my conjured frost atronach. Several frost atronachs were sacrificed for my success. Face to face with Umbra, I was no match- not even close. I wonder how the 20th level version of my character would've fared...

Other difficult encounters include trolls, which are so much faster than their Skyrim contemporaries, especially in numbers. And particularly troublesome for mages such as myself, (while not a pure mage, most of my offense and healing abilities are magical in nature), are higher level undead casters like Wraiths and Liches. The sheer variety of magic these enemies can bring to combat is impressive. They can hurt you in so many ways, including rooting you in place by draining your strength, and leaving you unable to cast a single spell by using silence spells on you. If you don't kill them quickly or get away, they'll render you useless.

Things like Minotaurs, Ogres, and Daedroths are tough, but with my spells they're more nuisance than anything. Storm Atronachs are a bit of a hassle... which reminds me that I need to acquire that conjuration spell. Some of the high level pure mages and necromancers can be very dangerous, but they're usually so weak to melee weapons I can just conjure a distraction, then charge in and hack away. :beermug:

What in your experience have been the most difficult and troublesome foes in Cyrodiil?

Reaper24

Well, I just turned level 18 I think? Not much is hard to kill, but I could name a few. Painted trolls for that one quest was a bit hard to kill, The Gatekeeper, The King of Worms, Lord Vindrells shade, Umaril, only because I did not have health potions, and my warrior sucks at magic, so I did not use healing spells. A lot of the creatures n the shivering isles were really hard to kill, like some of the higher level gummites. Scalons I just discovered, and they are a bit of a challenge. Turing invisible wtf? Higher level flesh astronachs are also a challenge. Really that's all I can think of, because not that much worthy foes compared to Skyrim. And now my divine crusader has some op fine steel weapons so he is a beast now.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Well, I just turned level 18 I think? Not much is hard to kill, but I could name a few. Painted trolls for that one quest was a bit hard to kill, The Gatekeeper, The King of Worms, Lord Vindrells shade, Umaril, only because I did not have health potions, and my warrior sucks at magic, so I did not use healing spells. A lot of the creatures n the shivering isles were really hard to kill, like some of the higher level gummites. Scalons I just discovered, and they are a bit of a challenge. Turing invisible wtf? Higher level flesh astronachs are also a challenge. Really that's all I can think of, because not that much worthy foes compared to Skyrim. And now my divine crusader has some op fine steel weapons so he is a beast now.
No worries on the reps, thanks for the one. :beermug:

You know, I haven't been back to the Shivering Isles since I completed it's main quest long ago. I think I was level 10 or below. I wonder what awaits me there now that I'm level 20. :beermug:

Speaking of the Divine Crusader... my character's been a bit bad. That was the first questline I completed and now I'm too much of a sinner to use any of that equipment! I was contemplating doing the way-shrine pilgrimage again so that I can complete the main quest as the Divine Crusader.

Reaper24

That is the only armor I wear, its awesome. Worth having to repent you sins. But if you roleplay as a true divine crusader you will have to do a lot of nice things. Give money to beggars, stay away from all the Artifact quests. Just be a really nice guy is all you have to do, no stealing either.

Gregor Moon Fang

Champion of Azura
Just a heads up. The ogres are one of the few enemies that actually level up with you past Lv. 20 and you'll be running into them more often than you'd like.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Umbra. I quit the game in disgust pretty early, but she was the only real challenge I encountered.

Harc

Big Hog
Ogres were the biggest pain for me. though Umaril, and the Gatekeeper were the most difficult DLC foes.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts