• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    "Skyrim is corrupt. Jarls, citizens and generals bribe and blackmail. Thalmor agents work within the ranks of the Imperial Legion and Stormcloak Army, as well as a group of people carefully placed agents workingto rise above all others. You can't let this happen to Skyrim. Those looking for gold and coin, honour and kinship, and a better Skyrim should visit our military camp in the reach."
    Marcus Guenevere read the sign the letter he found in his pocket that night. He was confused as to how it got there but was also impressed. He couldn't help but smile as it was finally a chance to prove himself in Skyrim. He packed a small bag and took his trusty blade, rather reminiscent of a rapier which he named Peritia. He whistled for his dog Meeko and began his journey.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

After a long trek through the hills of the Reach; as he slowly got to the tip of the hill, he saw a small camp albeit surrounded with makeshift walls. He approached the camp and entered, expecting to see a large band of mercenary's. To his shock he was the first one there.
    "Huh. I guess I'm early?" He muttered under his breath at seemingly no one.

Marcus Guenevere was always hoping he would go on an adventure similar to those he read in books. Perhaps it was because of his childhood and troubled past. Bullied, mugged and his parents killed by bandits. But there was always something he found so appealing, something he had always dreamed of. Joining a typical rag-tag team of misfits who make history.........

JBar2531

Adonis woke up in his tent and saw a mysterious note on his pack. It said things of gold and honor, and that stuck out to him. Adonis took his armor, sword, and shield and walked down to the river. Adonis washed his armor and took a bath before setting out. When he arrived at the camp, he saw that their was only one person there. "Are you the person that wrote this note?"

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    Marcus was inspecting the camp and saw a tent which he deduced was where the person who the sent the letters out was. He proceeded to enter but heard a voice behind him call
    "Are you the person that wrote this note?"
    "I'm afraid not my friend." Marcus started with a smile "I shall assume you are here to join too? And that the letter was mysteriously found in your pocket? A....." He realised he was babbling like an idiot out of nervousness and anticipation, and hoped the stranger did not notice.

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    "Marcus Guenevere." He said shaking the mans hand "I do believe he is in that tent there however I suggest we wait for a few more people first?" Marcus said re-composing himself to his former stature. Although Marcus still felt slightly nervous about it all, his attention turned to Meeko who ran up to Adonis and sat at his feet as though to say hello.

Skyrimosity

Having recently sent out notes denouncing the guards as corrupt, Rellian was as alert as he could be. He was careful to not leave his camp and he and his loyal guards had been in a tower for a long time. They had even left the tent up so that if anyone checked it it would appear the camp were empty. As time passed, a man arrived in the camp. He had a puzzled look on his face and had an aura about him which implicated he was more interested in adventure and not freeing a nation. Rellian let out a sigh. "So be it; I'll take what I can get."

Only a little while after that, another man approached the camp. He had the greedy look which Rellian had long been able to recognize. The very look which almost always stared back at him when he looked into his reflection.

With a given signal, Rellian and his 5 loyal guards walked out the tower toward the 2 men. Rellian decided to use a scare tactic to make sure the men would try to be loyal toward the cause. Even with hopeless adventurers and greedy gold-getters, there had to be some amount of loyal. The 5 guards encircled the two men about ten feet from where they were standing as Rellian's harsh gruff voice broke in from behind the guards. "Are you both rebels against the guards? Answer truthfully: your life is at stake."

(OOC: Don't use violence or anything for an answer: A straight-up answer would be preferable.)

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    "Indeed I am. I presume you are going to test us in some form or way?" Inquired Marcus siding up the man. Meeko began to growl at Rellian eager to protect his master, however Marcus held out his hand in front of the dog as though to tell him to be quiet.

blue 468

Robiin's arrow wizzed through the cool misty air striking the deer through the neck killing it instantly, she smiled, jumping down from her hiding place she walked toward her dinner. Later that night she sat beside her campfire eating her dinner when she noticed a note hidden in her pack she pulled it out, after reading it she started to think before falling asleep.

Robiin had been traveling for most of the day in till she finally reached the camp in the reach, it looked abandoned and she wasn't sure if it was a trap so she climbed up a near by tree. looking toward the camp she saw two men talking to another group. Robiin approached the camp keeping her hand on her concealed knife "Are any of you the one that gave me this letter?" she asked still uncertain.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    It was early, probably an hour or two before the sun was set to rise, and snow was falling steadily and heavily in Windhelm. Hana made her way from her warm room at Candlehearth Hall and toward the stables, kicking a path in the snow. In the recent months the game had run thin, and hunting become more and more difficult around Eastmarch. Perhaps the harsh winter was driving even the hardiest of creatures into their burrows unusually early, or hard times had forced more hunters into the wood. Either way, there would certainly be no decent meat or pelts for bartering if she didn't find a new hunting ground soon. Perhaps a few days spent in the west would bring her some luck, and more importantly, some coin.

She saddled up her horse, Mimir, and secrured enough supplies for at least six days of travel. He was an old horse, probably much too large for someone of her size, graying in the mane and muzzle, but his legs were still powerful and would carry her as far as she willed him to go. With one last look back at the darkened city, she set off at a brisk pace, unsure of where she would decide to stop - perhaps the game would decide for her.

It was late afternoon before she decided to stop and take a rest. She was just past Rorikstead, and only a few hours ride from crossing over into The Reach. Hana led her tired horse to a slow flowing stream, and unharnessed her bow from his saddle as he dipped his head to drink.

"I'm going to have a look around..." She whispered, and the horse's eyes rolled up to look at her as if he completely understood. "...if anyone makes for our things, you know what to do."

Though the trees were thin here, enough stood for covere as she waited patiently for an unsuspecting animal to pass by. No more than a few moments had passed before she could hear Mimir braying in panic, his cries shrill, but suddenly silenced. Not exactly light on her feet, she abandoned hope in the hunt and made back toward the creek as quickly as her legs would carry her.

She drew an arrow from her quiver and nocked it against her bow, ready to unleash it into whomever thought she would make an easy target, but as she approached there was no one. She looked back and forth carefully, watching for any sign of movement with her trained hunter's eye but caught no sight of the guilty party. Mimir had taken back to lapping at the water and ripping at a patch of nirnroot with his teeth. As she approached, she noticed nothing seemed to be missing or misplaced, only a piece of parchment tucked neatly beneath her saddle.

Snatching it up, she read the quickly written message. Quelling corruption, bribery, and a chance at gold it read. She narrowed her eyes suspiciously; it seemed like nothing more than a way to lure her into some sort of unfortunate trap. Given her experience with the war so far though, the idea seemed almost too tempting. Mounting Mimir once more, she guided him back toward the road, and toward The Reach.

Sid

The fairly crap Pokémon trainer....
    Arthonnen loosened his sword in it's sheathe, preparing for a fight, as he entered the camp. "How quaint" he said "It appears I was not the only one to be recruited for this little ah... group. So which of you wrote this letter" he asked as he put his sword all the way in the sheath. Then he pulled out a bottle of Tamika vintage 399 and started to drink as he waited for a reply. "Good stuff" he thought to himself.

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    Marcus craned his head to look behind him at the direction of the voice and called "I am not, the man next to me is not, I'm guessing it's the one that has me surrounded..... Of course he could simply be a random person who has me at sword point? Would you care to introduce yourself milady?" Marcus' calm was his way of showing he was not afraid of the man and to make a good first impression to this newcomer. He heard a more gruff, Dark Elf voice shout to his right
    "It appears I was not the only one to be recruited for this little ah... group. So which of you wrote this letter?" He then turned around to see the Elf pull out a drink. He rolled his eyes.
    "What an arrogant man." Marcus muttered and then said louder "I don't quiet know, I assume it is the man encircling me and this man. Now please put down the drink you un-couth drunkard."

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
    Nagisus walked up the hill, wearing leather padding, along with fur gloves and boots, with glass armour plating all over him - all of it soaking wet. Travelling all the way across Skyrim on foot or on horse could get exhausting, so he had gone most of the way by river. There were various nips on his clothes and even a missing scale or two from slaughterfish bites. Finally reaching the top of the large hill, he noticed the makeshift walls, then entered the camp. "Oh thank Is Not, have I made it?

"I went to sleep one night when an arrow whizzed through the open window with a note stuck to it telling me to go to Snap Neck Hill outside Karthwasten. I had to float along a river to get here. Please tell me this is the right place and I'm not about to get attacked by bandits?"

Sid

"Drunkard. Drunkard. You call me a drunkard, this is very rare fine wine. Very hard to come by now. Any way where are my manners, Arthonnen Nerevar II at your service. Would any of you like a bottle? Oh and I prefer the term Elf as opposed to man. Yes I heard you." Arthonnen added "Now who are you?" he said as an Argonian entered. "Ugh" he grunted "Who invited the lizard."

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
    "Please, my dear Is-worshipping greyhide. I would enjoy a nice peaceful stay whilst I gather my strength." He noticed the bottle of wine. "Ooh. I see you are quite the connoisseur when it comes to getting drunk off your scales. No matter. It does not change my opinion of you. My father told me what you debauching, enslaving, racist people are like." He grunted, gave you a light push aside and sat down outside a tent. "So when are we going to get down to the point. Why have we all been brought here?"

Sid

"Drunk Off My Scales. Drunk Off My Scales. Firstly I am not one of you. No I only eat and drink when it's an occasion. Oh and by the way; I didn't mean to start off like that. My late father drummed it into me and my late brother that you were but merchandise. I have tried to correct their sins; my father by releasing his soul, and my brother by leaving him to wallow in mud. Lets start off again. How do you do; my name is Arthonnen Nerevar II, at your service." he said in a more polite demeanor. "Now I'll offer again, Tamika's Vintage 399, anyone?"

Sid

(Who Me? I've only posted twice)

blue 468

Before Robiin could answer more people started to show up all asking the same question. She started to gget banoyed with everybody argueing and being loud, exspecially the man who looked like he was drunk. Nobody was taking any notice to Robbin so she climbed on top of a chair and yelled at the top of her lungs"HEY! WILL YOU ALL SHUT UP AND LET THE MAN SPEAK". Getting off of the chair she sat down crossing her legs and waited.

Skyrimosity

Rellian couldn't help but laugh as more and more people entered the camp, each causing their own special kind of commotion. An Argonian was even arguing with a Dunmer about being drunk. Ha! This is Skyrim! The people are drunk all the time! Finally, a Nord bellowed out a loud shout and got the entire scene quieted down. "Well thank you. I was wondering if any of these blabbering idiots had planned on shutting up anytime soon. Of course, just ask the same man the same question then go yelling on about something! Oh the logic of all your minds astounds me!" Rellian had perhaps let his intellectual side intervene too much with his insults, as he tried to keep that side overshadowed for the most part.

"Ah... but anyway, instead of listening to all of you shout the same question over and over again like lost children, Yes I am the one who passed out the notes. I had couriers and other means deliver them. These guards... are the ones who will become captains after the corruption is over. Now, if you don't mind, perhaps find something constructive to do with your time? I do believe there are others to wait on. There's an archery range out in the field. Exit the camp then take a right. If you don't want to do that, then do whatever." Rellian then had the guards let the surrounded men go, and ordered the guards to patrol the perimeter of the camp.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts