• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Delsin stood awkwardly on the inside of his makeshift tent. He arched his back, waiting for a pop, to release his stresses from the previous day. All of his dreams were occupied by the viscous, four legged beasts that he had run in with yesterday. He did have some news however; he was getting closer to finding the beast he had set out for.

A sense of anticipation set into his mind as he pushed his way out of the tent. He still had a few more ingredients to collect in order to fill his stock, all before he returned to his Orsimer friend’s camp once more. “Xorguk,” Delsin mumbled, pushing through some bushes in order to access some berries he had seen, “I won’t be able to live this down when I tell him.”

He dropped to one knee, and started to pick the delectable red berries, often popping 2 or 3 into his mouth as he went. As he finished stuffing the berries into his pouch, he rose, and pulled his Alchemy Book back out, and flipped to the list of ingredients. He only needed one last item, at least among the ingredients that he could collect in the Reach. The trouble was trying to find it. The Amber leaf would only grow in the tallest of Aspen, and only at the very top. This would mean hours of climbing trees, risking not finding anything at all.

Delsin stood for a moment, rummaging through his thoughts. He had known about a location where a patch of tall Aspen rose. It was likely that he would find his ingredient there. I smirk developed on his face as remembered the location where the patch of trees laid. “Looks like I’ll be seeing Xorguk sooner than I had thought.” The elf took off into a light jog, headed South West, where the Orsimer’s camp was. It didn’t take him very long to see the slightly elevated canopy of thin, Aspen branches. He could hardly make out some small Amber leaves moving in the breeze. Beyond that he could see a line of grey smoke rising into the sky.

Delsindómien worked his way to one of the taller trees. He weaved his way through the ivory branches with the ease of a serpent. It wasn’t long before he reached the very top, where he could scan about a mile or so around him. Unfortunately, there wasn’t a single amber leaf at the top of the tree where he was perched, but rather the tree across from him. “Better give it a shot,” he called with a chuckle, and launched himself off of his branch, and onto the one across from him. He let out a self confident laugh, and started to pluck the few leaves that sat at the top of the tree. “Styracilua Riftica,” he said to himself, examining the couple leaves that he had harvested.

“Last of what I need for my poisons here,” he spoke once again, flipping through the pages of his book. Then he saw the name of an ingredient that he had only achieved once. “Jarrin root,” he felt some fear in his mind, as he thought about the ingredient. It could make the most potent of poisons, known to take out a Mammoth with less than a drop of it’s juice. “How I’d love to get my hands on that again,” his voice trailed off into thought, as he remembered the single bit of Jarrin poison that he had possessed. He had planned on saving it for the perfect game, but had lost it after taking a tumble down a steep path in the Pale.

Delsin’s thoughts were interrupted by a nearby growling that was all to familiar to him. It sounded like his friends companion. A small bear that was called Cripple. Delsin had never been fond of bears, but Cripple was a gentle beast if he wanted to be. “What is that beast roaring at this close to home?” He questioned to himself, as he started to weave his way down towards the earth. He landed on the ground with ease, and drew his bow, with an arrow ready.

He made his way slowly towards Xorguk’s camp, listening to the noises that started to echo from the camp. Some arguing and bickering, with some bit of worry and sorrow all mixed in. Not only could Delsin detect the voice of his friend, but that of another male, and of a woman. He couldn’t make out exactly what they were speaking about, due to his distance from the camp, but the closer he got, the clearer the conversation was. Just as he was about to break through the trees to where they all stood, a hooded man stomped down the pathway, not taking notice to Delsin’s presence.

He was more than close enough to eavesdrop on the remaining two voices. The only thing that was said after the man had left, came from the female voice. “Again, I am sorry,” is all it said. Then the sound of movement. She sounded like a Nord, but it was hard to be sure. Delsin started to release the grip on his bow, as he placed his arrow back within his quiver. “Better now than never,” he spoke quietly, taking a deep breath.

He stepped through the brush and trees to reveal Xorguk standing over a dim fire, near a woman with fiery red hair, with her head in her hands. “Xorguk my friend,” Delsin spoke loudly, raising a hand in greeting, “I was collecting some Amber Leaf nearby when I heard the-” his voice trailed off as he saw the body of Cripple laying on the ground nearby. A pool of crimson blood surrounding him. “By Kyne,” He spoke again, as he crouched and laid a hand on the bears cold body, starting to whisper an Elven prayer that he had learned, “Mae l’ovannen, le fael. Mara mesta, marienna mella heru.”

Delsin rose from the bear, and stared at Xorguk, his face covering up any sorrow and sadness that he may have felt. “I am sorry about your companion,” he spoke with a nod, “I heard the commotion while I was collecting ingredients nearby. May I ask who the aggravated man was?”

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    Wyldfyre sat with her head in her hands, a feeling of guilt and confusion making her almost dizzy. She had just dismissed Jonus and now was in the process of explaining to Xorguk what she was doing there, but she was interrupted by a noise amongst the bushes. Thinking it was Jonus come back to argue with them she reached for her crossbow, which was discarded at her feet. She was reluctant to use it, however, having caused enough damage with it today. But the man who approached was not the ranger, but a hooded man in a dark cloak and clothing. He pushed his hood back off his face and Wyldfyre could see by his features that he was a Bosmer...or Altmer?

“Xorguk my friend,” He spoke loudly, raising a hand in greeting, “I was collecting some Amber Leaf nearby when I heard the-” his voice trailed off as he came upon the body of the bear “By Kyne,” he crouched and laid a hand on Cripple, then said strange words in hushed tones. Wyldfyre looked on with curiosity as the Bosmer reverently prayed over the bear's body. He obviously knew the Orc and bear from better times. Wyldfyre looked up to study Xorguk's reaction, but as usual, it was calm and in control. She slid her crossbow back to the ground and waited for the small ceremony to end. The man then stood and walked over to the pair, steeling a glance at Wyldfyre as he did so.

“I am sorry about your companion,” he spoke to Xorguk with a nod, “I heard the commotion while I was collecting ingredients nearby. May I ask who the aggravated man was?”

"Oh do not worry about Jonus" Wyldfyre answered before her friend could "He was someone I had hired, but Xorguk here deemed him to be untrustworthy.... So I let him go..." she giggled nervously then smiled pleasantly up at the man, studying his features.. he had the most interesting of faces.... Her hand absentmindedly rested on the amulet that refused to un-stick itself to her skin. She waited for Xorguk to introduce the newcomer to her while secretly thinking about how hungry she suddenly was, as the day grew to it's end. She dreaded the night time, when the amulet was at it's most active and her dreams were filled with strange creatures and terrors beyond imagining, and her own thoughts were a jumbled mixture that left her frightened at what she was capable of. She had woken the morning after she had first put the amulet on, in a place where she had not gone to sleep, half dressed and with blood all over her hands. She looked at the Orc and the Bosmer. At least I won't be alone tonight...But will that be a good thing or bad?

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    Xorguk listened carefully to Wyldfyre's story. The necklace seemed to be stripped out of legends, it's beauty matching the jewels of Elseweyr. But beneath all the glamor and sparkle layed filthy magic, courtesy of the mad god. Xorguk wasn't one to fear tales of daedric princes, but this one semed real. Wyldfyre was concerned, and he could only imagine what she had to endure with that cursed rock hanging from her neck.

The bushes were swayed away and a familiar voice revealed the identity of Delsindómien Baelikaro, a former companion of Xorguk and a loyal firend. Encountering two old friends in a day was most unusual for Xorguk, it fillied him with pride and made the orc think better about himself. Del was a young elven hunter that learned half of his trade from Xorguk itself. He was the young version of him, scarred enough to be called a man but young enough to be called a boy. Without making aquaintances, Wyldfyre started talking to him, explaining what happened in little detail. Xorguk was somewhat anxious at first to speak to the young elf, but the painful remainder of failure that was the carcass of Cripple made him change his mood instantly.

"Welcome to our camp, Delsin." he said with an obviously fake smile as he rose from his tree stump to shake the elf's hand. "If you're...intrested in some adventuring, speak to this lass-" he pointed at Wyldfyre. "I have to offer Cripple a proper burial". His words showed his pain, and he acted more depressed than he was before. Was that because he realised that it was all his fault? That the bear gave his life to the vampire in order to save an old orc? He picked up the body with all his strenght and slowly walked towards the river. The two remained quiet for the time being, probably realising that their words could hasten the orc further into depression.

He gently placed the carcass near the river, drips of the stream already washing away the blood from the fur. As was an ancient orc custom, if one friend died to save the other, their blood shall be bound, and they will live togather in the same body. To materialise the tradition, Xorguk plucked away one of Cripple's teeth and slashed himself across the neck with it, just as he slashed the bear's neck to end it's suffering. Xorguk's scar was small, however, but it served as a remainder to his failure. He grabbed half of a bow string from his back pocket, and wrapped the bear's teeth around his neck. He begun walking back to the camp, realising how much time he took on the act.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Delsin nodded in respect towards the large Orc as he approached the body of his fallen companion. He watched carefully, as Xorguk lifted the bear from the cold earth with utmost care. His heart dropped as he realized the pain the Xorguk had undoubtedly been feeling.

Delsin jolted, turning back to the distressed fire haired woman, realizing how he ignored her for a moment. He had never seen a woman like this before. She seemed almost familiar with Skyrim, but she gave off a foreign vibe, that no Skyrim-born gave, but he didn't understand why.

"Excuse my ignorance miss," He spoke bowing slightly to the woman, "Delsindómien Baelikaro, Companion of the East. But those who know me, call me Delsin." He let a soft grin show on his face as the woman looked at him.

A feeling of fear filled his head, as Delsin let his eyes drop to the amber amulet around her neck. The feeling was unsettling, and Delsin's smile quickly changed to a look of uncertainty.

He immediately shook off the face, when he saw the woman stare at him confused. Delsin grinned once again, falling to the dirt near the fire, crossing his legs as he did so.

Carefully, he extracted a few of his ingredient viles from his pouch, and retrieved his alchemy book as well, carefully laying it all out in front of him. He then pulled out a mortar and pestle, and poured a small amount of water into the bowl. He then started to place in some of the poison ingredients that he had recently acquired, slowly examining his book as he went.

"There we are," he spoke to himself, as he started to grind the ingredients together carefully. His attention then changed back to the woman, who eyed his process carefully as he went about.

"So you hired that man, for what Xorguk said to be an adventure?" Delsin questioned, still carefully grinding the ingredients, "Of what proportion?"

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    "Welcome to our camp, Delsin." Xorguk said, rising to shake the elf's hand. "If you're...interested in some adventuring, speak to this lass-" he pointed at Wyldfyre. "I have to offer Cripple a proper burial". Wyldfyre and the newcomer watched in silence as the great Orc lifted the bear and carried him to the river. She looked away as he performed the last rights for his faithful companion. She felt horribly guilty and wondered if she should confess her fears to the Orc. She could not do it now, so soon after the incident. She would wait for a while. She looked up to the Elf when he spoke to her.

"Excuse my ignorance miss," He spoke, bowing slightly to her "Delsindómien Baelikaro, Companion of the East. But those who know me, call me Delsin." He introduced himself. Wyldfyre nodded as he smiled at her, slightly uncomfortable with his study of her. She noticed his eyes on the amulet around her neck and shifted her body to move it out of the firelight's glow. She didn't like it when people stared at the amulet, it being so fused to her skin as it was, it was like it was now a part of her. Only a few days ago she had first felt it's touch on her fingertips and now it was like she had never lived a day without it.

Delsin, lowered himself to the ground, folding his legs under him and began pulling all manner of ingredients out of a satchel. She watched him intently as his nimble fingers plucked off a leaf and dropped it into a strange mixing bowl. Wyldfyre was so unfamiliar with a lot of normal, everyday things in Skyrim, she still felt like she didn't entirely belong here. Even her heavy Nordic accent was slightly out of place. Like it was from a time of old.

Delsin fascinated and amused her with his quick and quirky ways. She could see how he and the Orc were friends now. He also had that "One with nature" air about him. He looked up from his work to see her studying him; her green eyes never leaving him.

"So you hired that man, for what Xorguk said to be an adventure?" he asked her as he worked with the strange mixing bowl "Of what proportion?" Wyldfyre raised her eyebrows, but decided to confide in the Elf. If her friend trusted him then she would have to as well.

"Delsin" she said in her stilted Nordic "I take it you have noticed by now the Amulet I wear." he nodded as she continued "Do you know of the Madgod, Sheogorath?" His eyes widened as she told him her story.... "....and that is why I must get to Solitude. But, I can't do it alone. Xorguk here" she nodded to the Orc who had by then re-joined them by the fire "Has agreed to be my protector and I have a friend joining us soon in Windhelm who is an expert on all things Daedra" she sighed; feeling drained of energy and needing sleep. But her sleep had been invaded by the amulet as well. She was exhausted as she continued "If you want to, I would like for you to join us. I can not pay you and the going will be hard and extremely dangerous. So I understand if you do not wish to" she left it there, almost spent as she swayed in her seat.

Sleep... I need to sleep..

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    The entire story that the woman told, it was beyond the comprehension of the world that Delsin had come to know in his years. He had known of the Divines, and heard tales of the many different Daedra that terrorized, and plagued. Stories of the Oblivion Crisis all those years ago. However, in any of the stories and rumors that he heard, he never learned of a higher being toying with one woman's life. Was this a common occurrence in Tamriel? Nirn?

The stare that he held, never left the sight of the Amber necklace. As Wyldfyre told her story, it was as if she wasn't there at all, as if the pendant was telling the story itself. Sharing its plans with him, calling him, frightening him. It was until the woman reached a short pause in her story, that Delsin escaped its darkening call. He guided his hand across his moist forehead, removing the beads of sweat. They then worked their way down to his eyes, and rubbed. He couldn't believe what this woman had been through so far, and how she was courageous and brave enough to confront it all, so head on.

Delsin's stare now laid on his hands, which had not stopped working the mortar and pestle. It was into a fine enough paste, that he could apply it to his newly crafted arrow heads. He removed them from his pouch, only 7, he thought. It was all that he had time to make during his time in Whiterun last week. Just enough to make a quick set of arrows when he had the chance. Slowly, he dunked the tips of the arrow heads into the paste, then laid them on a stone right near the fire. He needed to treat the poison deep within the metal multiple times, in order to make the potency a lot more intense.

"...that is why I must get to Solitude. But I can't do it alone," Delsin's eyes moved to her, as he began to gather his things back up, "Xorguk here, has agreed to be my protector and we are meeting with a friend who is an expert on all things Daedra. Up in Windhelm." Delsin rose from his seated position, looking at Xorguk, who had just joined them around the fire. Delsin carefuly tucked his gear into his pouches, for cleaning later.

His arms rose above him in a stretch, then rested on the back of his head. "Well, I can't let you all go alone," Delsin said, grinning wide, and almost chuckling. "If you want, I would like for you to join us," Wyldfyre spoke again.

Delsin nodded happily, "Xorguk may be experienced in battle and travel, but I know every route that I've ever traveled, by heart. I know the many creatures the dwell here, in Skyrim. And my Alchemical, Hunting, and Tracking skills are unmatched by others of my craft!" He let his arms drop to cross around his torso, feeling the extent of his over-exaggeration.

Oh boy, I over-did it that time, he thought, doubting himself. He was interrupted by the fiery haired woman. "I cannot pay you, and the going will be hard and extremely dangerous. So I understand if you do not wish to-"

Delsin's hand shot out, and grabbed the woman's. He lowered his head slightly, into a nod, "I do apologize for my overzealous outburst. But, I can never resist a good Adventure!" He looked over at Xorguk, who's arms were crossed, a small grin on his face. Almost approving of Delsin's attitude, "I will be glad to help you in any way that I can. Until your deed is done, it is my duty as a Pioneer and fellow Traveler."

He released the woman's hands, due to the stare that she gave him, a stare that showed just how uncomfortable she was with it. He looked up towards the sky, clear as ever. The natural colors of the Beyond, and the Sibling Moons shined down on them now. Fatigue started to set in on Delsin's body, and he felt that sleep was coming upon him already. "I'm going to find a tree," he spoke to the both of them, "G'night to you both." He nodded in respect to the both of them, and ran towards the small creek nearby.

After he finished the last of washing his tools, he turned and spotted a large tree, with branches perfect for rest. He had no gear for camping with him, for he left it at his last site, so the tree would have to do. He had actually prefered sleeping in the branches of trees. It made him feel closer to Nirn, like he was actually one with her. As soon as he laid his head down on the branch, he fell into sleep.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    Delsin startled Wyldfyre so much when he grabbed her hands that she almost fell over backwards. Then almost reached for the knife she had concealed on her back.. if he had not of had a hold of both hands.. but then he looked at her earnestly before saying...

"I do apologize for my overzealous outburst. But, I can never resist a good Adventure!" He looked over at Xorguk, and Wyldfyre did the same. The Orc's arms were crossed, a small grin on his face. "I will be glad to help you in any way that I can. Until your deed is done, it is my duty as a Pioneer and fellow Traveler." Wyldfyre blinked at the odd elf before his touch became uncomfortable for her, for a number of reasons, and she stared at him, wanting him to release her. It had been a while since she felt another's touch and it confused her as well as stirred other feelings.
    Delsin released her hands and stood then glanced up at the sky, stretching his lean frame.

"I'm going to find a tree," he spoke to the both of them, "G'night to you both." And with that he rushed off towards the river. A tree? Wyldfyre stared after him for a moment before she looked back to Xorguk.

"Odd" she said simply, but she was happy to have another companion to travel with and Delsin seemed pleasant enough, if a little odd. She herself wasn't entirely normal. She pressed the amulet into her chest, finding the pressure comforting. "Well for want of something better to do Xorguk, I think I will call it a night as well", not that I will sleep... She looked around her, having not brought anything to sleep on, no bedroll or blanket. She finally slipped off the log she had been sitting on and using it as a pillow, curled into a ball and lay scrunched up, staring into the fire for hours, fighting sleep but longing for it so much. Eventually her eyelids grew heavy and she finally succumbed to exhaustion, falling into a troubled sleep filled with terrors beyond imagining. Her body flinched as she slept.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    The sun shun bright as it's rays surveyed through the land. The light got through Xorguk's old eyelids, waking him up from his dreamless sleep. As the sun rose higher on the horizon, sounds of labor could be heard from the settlements near Riften. A new day arrived.

Without hesitation, he rose from his bedroll, packed it up and approached a sleeping Wyldfyre. Her face was far from peaceful, either she had a nightmare, or the amulet declined her slumber. He knelled before her, gently poking her shoulder, but she didn't respond. He could obviously do it harder, but some folk shouldn't be forced to wake from their sleep.

Xorguk figured Delsin would be up before him, but he had no clue where the elf hid himself. He wanted to wake everyone up, his impatience getting in the way of his manners. But he couldn't just shout, so instead, he took out his bow and, right near Wyldfyre, he started firing arrows at a tree. If she was to wake up, it wouldn't be Xorguk's fault, not entirely anyway. Xorguk was far too honorable to lie to her face, but maybe he didn't have to. He pulled the bow string and fired his first arrow, making a branch fall from the tall rift tree.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
    A colourfully dressed bard. A very bright fire pit. An annoying, touchy kid. A headless man chopping wood. No wait. Not wood. He is chopping off heads.

Recurring. Over and over. The bard can't play music. He tries to, but it's horrible. His Ukelele is making the noise like nails down a chalk board. He stops and laughs like a maniac every 30 seconds. At what? His terrible ability? The pain he can see it's causing me? The whole messed up situation perhaps.

The fire pit is unrelenting in it's brightness. It's not hot. Just bright. Unbearably so. I shut my eyes from the glow but every time I do, a little kid pokes me. He's only a short kid but he pokes me everywhere. My legs. My bum. My stomach. My neck. My eyes.

I open my eyes to tell the kid to piss off. I open my eyes and see a stump. Not a tree stump. The bloody stump of a neck without a head. This stump is very busy though. Busy making more stumps. The headless man swings with his axe and strikes true every time. Even without eyes he fails to behead his victim. All different victims. An old lady. A young soldier. A grizzly wizard. A bard.

The bard. The headless man swings at the bard but misses for the first time. The bard gets up and starts playing his horrible, horrible music whilst stopping to laugh.

Recurring. Over and over.

Wyldfyre's eyes spring open. She is still curled in a ball, her muscles stiff from staying in the fetal position all night. It's morning, and by the looks of things, the sun has been up for several hours. The sun is hitting her right in the face. It's very bright so Wyldfyre sits up and stretches against the log. Such a gross nightmare.

As the Nord stands up and has another stretch a loud thud rings through the forest. Wyldfyre stifles a scream and ducks down, hugging her legs. The headless axeman! Wyldfyre looks around to see Xorguk standing beside her using his bow. He releases another arrow and it gives out a low resounding noise. Wyldfyre closes her eyes to stop tears that threaten to spill down her face. She sits in a ball for quite some time cursing The Madgod for tormenting her so much. Almost absent mindedly, Wyldfyre wraps her fingers around her newly acquired amulet. a faint laughter echos. Its the laugh of a maniac. Its the laugh of the brightly dressed bard. Sheogorath.

The last thought is what clears the young Nord's head. She is stronger than this and determined to get her journey done without too many breakdowns and sidetracking. With the new clarity, Wyldfyre stands up and clears her throat. "Morning Xorguk! I'm starving, do we have any breakfast?" This was a small lie, as she was rather sick in stomach to be hungry, but she needed to do something to keep her mind busy.

~ ~ ~​

Dear Wyldfyre,

I didn't fully understand your letter, but if the Daedric Prince Sheogorath has talked to you, than you need to be very careful! The only thing that is certain is that he has not told you the full story. At best this God is insane and enjoys being amused, at worst he is extremely unpredictable and enjoys suffering just as much as the other Princes. I don't know a huge amount about Sheogorath, so I will talk to my teacher to get some more information. Your saying something about a pendant? I have not heard of any pendants relating to this God, but that doesn't mean much...

I will come down to meet you, and help. Due to there being no carriages at Winterhold, my journey down to Windhelm will be a slow one. Perhaps we can meet there, to speed up our reunion? The sooner I see what we are dealing with, the better. If I can, I will leave very soon and arrive in Windhelm late.

Ps. I've noticed your blood on the letter, and the reason I'm using the same parchment, is that I can use alteration magic to send this letter instantly to you. You can do the same back to me. Just write on the same paper and use your fire magic to disintegrate the paper when your done, while thinking of me. I await your response as to where we will meet.

Stay safe, Elenwen

Elenwen opened a drawer and got out a pinch of void salts, and smeared it over the parchment. She than got out her silver blade alchemy knife and nicked her finger, pressing her bleeding fingerprint above her writing. Just as she was sealing it, Brelnya appeared at her doorway. "Hey Elenwen... I just-" "Hang on a sec!" Elenwen interrupted. She held the sealed letter in her left hand and it was instantly engulfed in red hot flames. "What's up Brelyna?" "I just wanted to tell you I was leaving in a couple of hours to go south to Windhelm. My parents are coming in from Morrowind to see how I'm progressing with my study." Elenwen's delicate eyebrows arched. Well this is an unexpected and perfectly timed opportunity. The Dunmer laughed at her classmates shocked look and misinterpreted it; "I know, I was just as astonished to hear they wanted to come to Skyrim as well! It was a bit of a surprise so that's why I am leaving on short notice."

Elenwen got up from her writing desk and approached Brelyna, "Have you told Mirabelle? She would want to know that your going for a few days." Brelyna dropped her gaze. "Well that's the thing Elenwen... she said it's fine but wanted me to wait until Enthir was going south for supplies tomorrow morning. She said it's really not safe with the weather as crazy as its been and with the sightings of Frost Trolls becoming more frequent. I was sorta telling you coz..." The Dark Elf left the sentence hanging, but Elenwen knew exactly what she was implying. with a grin, the Altmer put Brelyna at ease. "Of course I will be your travel companion, I wasnt joking about what I said in class. I need to get out of the College for awhile." Brelyna's expression instantly turned to gratitude and excitement, she wrapped her arms around the unsuspecting High Elf and quickly dropped them as if realizing what she just done. With a sheepish look Brelyna backed away "I'll tell Mirabelle that your coming with me!" And with that, she disappeared out the front door.

A cold shiver passed over Elenwen.

This is so coincidental, am I making a grave mistake?

She quickly dismissed the thought as she remembered Wyldfyre's cry for help, and starts to pack a bag.

Oh! I mustn't forget to look for some books on Sheogorath up in the Arcaneum... so much to do...

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Delsin dropped down from his perch in the tree. He landed with a finesse that he prided himself on having. As he started to stroll towards the river that he washed up at the previous night, he stretched his arms and yawned. He knelt down to the water, and placed his hands in it, pulling water to his lips. It's cool, and refreshing taste flowed down his pallet into his body. Revitalizing him from his nights rest.

He stood from his crouch, and stretched out once again. A grumble escaped from his gut, as he looked at the edge of the sun, as it rose from the mountainous horizon ahead of him. "I need to eat," he spoke briefly, taking off into the forest of birch that he was in the day previous. It wasn't long before he came across plenty of the berries that he had found in the area before, and added them to his already gathered stock. Delsin then started to gather different leaves and herbs, such as a forest mint. He had enough for a large salad of just the plants and berries that he had collected. But he felt a bit of hesitation as he turned back towards his companions' camp.

"I have a feeling Xorguk won't settle for just a morning salad," he spoke to himself, in a chuckle. He tucked what he collected into his satchel, and removed the bow from his back, placing an arrow at it's string. He crouched to the ground, and reached for a handful of dirt, slowly dropping it to the ground below. The small breeze pulled the dust West, in the direction of the camp. He was in a perfect position for tracking.

Delsin then scanned the ground around him, searching for scuffs and movements in the dirt. He looked for tracks, of rabbit, goat, any sort of game that would make the others happy back at camp. He stopped in his search, as he saw a small track 10 yards or so in front of him. He worked his way towards the track, remaining in his crouched position as he did so. As he approached the print, he placed his fingers along it's shape, and studied it carefully.

"Hoof. Goat, and fresh too," he spoke, changing his attention to the area around him, raising his bow up into his aim. He followed the direction of the track, and the tracks after it. Looking closely at the environment around him, and carefully following the fresh trail. As he pushed through a small patch of brush, he heard the grunt of the goat ahead of him. Delsin drew back the string, until it was tight. He stepped out from the cover of the brush, and just as the goat reacted, the arrow was released into it's neck.

After about 10 minutes of skinning the animal, and dissecting the good cuts of meat, Delsin started the short walk back towards Xorguk's camp. As he approached the site where the Orsimer's fallen companion laid the night before, he felt a small ache of sadness. He couldn't help but feel guilty about it, even if he couldn't do anything about it.

"I'm starving, do we have any breakfast?" Wyldfyre's voice sounded nearby. Delsin picked up his pace to answer the woman, and was surprised an arrow flying passed him into a tree. Xorguk was shooting some practice, something that Delsin had often seen him do.

"It seems that now we do," Delsin answered, entering the small camp, laying his cuts of meat on the rod above the fire for roasting. "Goat haunch, and an herb and berry salad, if that's appetizing enough." Delsin removed the satchel from his shoulder, as he continued speaking. He removed a couple of bowls as well as the herbs and plants that he had collected that morning. He started to fill the 3 bowls with the plant life, then turned to the goat meat which hung above the fire. He took a handful of salt and through it onto the meat, followed by some other mixed seasonings and spices.

"It should be ready soon," he spoke standing from the edge of the fire, "help yourselves to the salad if you'd like." Delsin sat on the log where his satchel sat, and started to pick at the herbal salad that he had thrown together.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    Wyldfyre was still feeling sick to her stomach from the dream that had tormented her sleep. She blinked in the morning sun while Xorguk moved about the camp.

"It seems that now we do," Delsin answered, entering the camp, laying cuts of meat on the rod above the fire for roasting. "Goat haunch, and an herb and berry salad, if that's appetizing enough." Wyldfyre peered at the salad he placed in front of her. She picked though it and ate the berries. They were somewhere between sweet and sour and slid down her throat as she tried to swallow. Suddenly she was startled when a bright white flame appeared on her lap, causing her to throw the bowl across the camp, spilling its contents everywhere.

"ARGH!" she let out an un-ladylike holler, batting at her legs, but nothing burned her and soon the flame was extinguished, in its place lay a letter. Wyldfyre stared down at it for a second before she gingerly picked it up and broke the seal. The paper tingled in her fingers from the lingering magic it contained. She noticed her two companions watching her closely, curious.

"It's from my friend Elenwen" Wyldfyre breathed a sigh of relief. She read the letter then looked up. "She is going to help us! We are to meet her in Windhelm" She rummaged around in her satchel looking for her pen and ink pot. "I need to answer her" she mumbled, pulling out her writing tools. When she was done she folded the magic paper and set her hands over it, concentrated and released a small flame from both palms. The letter immediately ignited with that same white hot flame and sizzled before disappearing. Buoyed by a new hope she bounced up and withdrew her knife from the sheath on her back.

"Now I am really starving!" she said and attacked the goat haunch with a new vigor.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
    The two elven mages walked brusquely down the bridge from the College. As usual, the wind was threatening to push them off the icy stone into the frozen river hundreds of feet below them. The snow was falling moderately and the combination of the elements was enough to make Elenwen produce a weak Flame Cloak through her staff to keep from freezing a mere stones throw from the College. Brelyna wore a light traveling cape over her robes, with the hood drawn over her dark features. She also emanated a magical warmth. The Dunmer did not need to create a destructive cloak however, as they all had an almost automatic ability to produce or become one with the fire element. An ability that Elenwen was almost jealous of.

Elenwen had changed out of her Apprentice robes and was wearing her expensive traveling dress. It was uniquely made back in the Summerset Isles and although it was not suited to the Skyrim environment, it was masterfully crafted and imbued with magic that even Elenwen had not yet fully realized. She absentmindedly touched the small suede bag that hung off her belt and went through all the things she had packed that morning to take with her on the daring adventure, hoping she had not forgotten anything.

Health potions? Check. Rare alchemy ingredients? Check. Silver knife? Check. Map? Check. Sheogorath books from library? Check. Apple? Check.

It's only a small bag, but alteration magic is wonderfully practical at times.

She had been in the library talking to the Arch Mage about Sheogorath when Wyldfyre's letter had appeared in front of her in a large orange flame. The Librarian, Urag had leapt off his chair to roar "NO FIRE MAGIC IN THE LIBRARY!" With a muffled giggle from both Elenwen and Savos Aren, they grabbed a couple of books on the Daedric Prince and headed up to the Arch Mage quarters. The books had nothing in them about the particular artifact, but did offer a horrible insight into the character of Sheogorath. Savos Aren had also not heard about The Madstone, but was not surprised to hear it existed.

The letter received was short and stated that Wyldfyre was leaving immediately from near Riften to meet up in Windhelm. It also had said she had met up with some useful and helpful adventures that would accompany her. Elenwen just hoped that they were trustworthy companions and not taking advantage of a young, confused woman. This bit of information had spurred the Altmer on to leave as soon as possible with her college friend.

Brelyna's voice cut through Elenwen's thoughts. "Sorry?" The Altmer looked quizzically at the elven woman. "I said, do you need anything from the general goods store?" "I don't think so, although I wouldn't say no to a red wine or port from the tavern to warm me up." She replied with a wink. Brelyna just rolled her eyes and slightly shook her head, obviously with no intent on stopping at the Inn.

On the south side of the town, the wind and snow both increased in ferocity, making visibility very low, the chance of walking of a cliff very high and all round causing the comfort level of both elves to plummet. Ice Wraiths especially thrived in this environment and Elenwen could already hear their hissing. Or was that just the wind? Either way, the High Elf slowed down her pace and concentrated, causing the ruby set in her ebony circlet to glow. In a powerful blast of purple shaded magic, an Oblivion Portal opened up and an elegant Flame Atronach glided out. The snow falling around the Daedric being melted instantly and just the sight of the feminine fire elemental was enough to warm the Mer. This particular Atronach had made a pact with Elenwen many months ago when the Altmer had shown her conjuration prowess. It would not disappear into Oblivion after serving for just a few minutes like the ones Brelyna could conjure, this elemental would serve beside Elenwen until she banished it or until its powers and life force on this plane had dwindled too low.

It was still cold, it was still windy, however with the Atronach floating in front of them, the snow seemed to part for the group and they could see a fair way in front. The nice reprieve was short lived however as the background hissing rose in volume. Ice Wraiths were near. They aren't a threat as a couple but when three or four or more gang up and coordinate attacks, they can be very deadly with their frost bite and ice magic. Brelyna raised her hands; deadly orange flames circling her right hand and a blue flesh spell powering up in her left, releasing it to produce a metallic noise and a thin bluish aura to coat the Dunmer.

The Atronach hurled a fireball through the falling snow towards an unknown target. It was only as it hit it's target that Elenwen could make out three Ice Wraiths circling and snapping at an infuriated Frost Troll. The Trolls shoulder was smoldering from the fireball and with a viscous swing, it smashed a Wraith into tiny shards of ice. A well aimed incinerating spell by Brelyna caused another Wraith to melt and the resulting explosion was enough to send the final elemental fiend scurrying. The sudden introduction of fire enraged the massive, white troll. He gave out a roar and charged toward the small group of magic users.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Their travel had been absolutely uneventful, and that is much less an understatement about it all. Not one of them had said a single word since they had left Xorguk's camp in the reach. Delsin had shared a few of his thoughts on the beast he had been hunting all of this time, and Xorguk merely chuckled at his misfortunes. But outside of that, silence was all that had greeted them. Though, Delsin had no quarrels with it all. He quite prefered the silence to loud conversation, though he wasn't against talking either. He did like to discuss the differences in Canis and Swamp root properties, but he also quite enjoyed listening to the world as he walked. It made the time go by a lot faster in his eyes, the waving of the leaves and chirping of the birds. He hardly noticed the drastic change in weather and temperature as they crossed into the Hold who's season had named it.

Winterhold, rightfully named so, Delsin thought. They had been stumbling through the newly fallen snow for about an hour or so, and nightfall had made it all the more bitter. Occasionally he would look back to see Wyldfyre shivering like he was, and Xorguk close behind, moving through the snow like it was absolutely nothing. The large Orsimer didn't even seem phased by it, maybe due to his strength, or maybe his experience in the northern province. Delsin felt slightly envious of the Orc, he had always wanted experience as thorough as that, which was why he had always looked up to him. Why he had always sought out every oportunity to learn and help others, all in order to learn all that he could for the future.

Ahead of him, Delsin started to make out what seemed to be a light. Something that looked to be a lantern post, marking an enterance of sorts. Perhaps they had finally arrived in the destination that they had set out for. "I think we've made it," he called back to his companions, gesturing forward to the lantern. As they approached it, more fire stands became visible in the snowy haze ahead of them, and a couple feet in fron of Delsin stood a post of arrow shaped signs listing the names of cities and towns. At the top of the post, pointing in the direction of the stands, was a single sign labeled 'Windhelm'.

"Windhelm?" Wyldfyre piped out, shivering in the rising wind. A quick nod from Delsin was enough to send the two towards the fire stands, and up the steps that led to the stone city's enterance. "The Inn here is called Candlehearth, if I'm not mistaken. It's owner isn't fond of non Nord Races, but then again, non of Windhelm is-" His voice was cut off by the sharp coughing of a guard. He wasn't a very nice man to look at, but he only stood staring, doing his duty to defend the city. A job almost unncecessary in a city such as this, it's walls were higih enough to defend from an army of giants.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    Wyldfyre put her weight against the great gates of Windhelm, keen to get out from the swirling snow. Delsin helped her and soon they were all inside. Delsin pointed the way to Candlehearth Hall and Wyldfyre lead them along the cobbled street to the Inn. A blast of warm air hit her frozen face as she entered the Inn. She let her eyes adjust to the sudden change in temperature as she shook the snow off her cloak; the others doing the same. Wyldfyre stepped towards the bar, searching the room beyond for her friend.

"Welcome to Windhelm" the bar tender greeted them as she wiped out a dirty tankard. "What can I get you?"

"Umm.." Wyldfyre started as she scanned the room "I guess I would like a few rooms for me and my two travelling companions?" she threw a questioning look at Delsin who smiled and nodded, then behind her to Xorguk who was distracted by something else. The big Orc didn't look comfortable inside. Wyldfyre wasn't sure if booking a room for him was a good idea or not. Surely he does not wish to camp outside in this weather? "I'll umm let the Orc decide if he want's a room or not" she turned to the bar tender, passing a few coins over.

She glanced sideways again, hoping to see Elenwen but was disappointed in her absence. "I was wondering if a woman has checked in here, an Elf, a High elf, very tall?" The Barkeep thought for a moment.

"Ah yes, the elf. She arrived not too long ago. You'll find her upstairs I guess". Wyldfyre did not know why the woman had said the word elf like she did, but she didn't like it and she felt a rising anger in her and the amulet started to squirm against her skin, as if it wanted her to act out. She closed her eyes and swayed on the spot, no doubt looking slightly odd to everyone else, but it was the only way she knew to calm down. She stilled her rising anger enough to nod politely and then made her way through the Inn, passing mostly Nords well into their cups and then ascended the stairs to the second level. When she reached the top stair there was her friend, curled up in a chair staring into a book. Typical.. Wyldfyre thought to herself. She was so glad to see her that she made a slight scene when she stumbled towards her and practically collapsed in her lap, knocking the book flying.

"Oh!" she spluttered "I'm sorry! Oh Elenwen! I'm so happy to see you!"

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
    The noise that came out of the monstrous beast caused a small avalanche on the high side of the path. It instilled fear in Elenwen but it also injected a huge amount of adrenaline and instead of freezing, she sprung into action. Fire erupted from the tip of her stave as she created a wall of inferno between the elves and the charging troll. It confused the beast and slowed it down. A two-handed stream of flames erupting from the palms of Brelyna hit the troll in the face and chest, and a well aimed fireball from the Atronach caused the hideous creature to stumble back towards a steep embankment of snow towering above the battle. A large outcrop of rocks high on the slope caught the High Elves attention. With her free right hand she telekinetically summoned the large rock. Slowly but surely it shifted and as it began to move she released the spell. The Atronach and Dunmer hit the troll squarely with explosive fire magic until it stumbled back, right underneath the falling rocks and an avalanche that the displacement of rocks created.

"Well that was exciting!" Elenwen exclaimed "Everyone ok?" Brelyna just gave an exasperated nod and the agile Flame Atronach done an elegant backflip in reply.

The afternoon soon turned into night as the trio neared Windhelm. No more sudden attacks or unexpected diversions occurred thankfully, and it was only as they got very close to the stone city that Brelyna broke the energy-saving silence "I am going to the Grey Quarter to meet my parents Elenwen, you are more than welcome to stay as long as you like and I will even shout you accommodation at the Cornerclub." The Dunmer looked expectantly at Elenwen as she decided how best to word her escape. The Altmer stopped on the steps of Windhelm and created another purple Oblivion Portal, the Atronach gliding gracefully through it and closing it from the unknown realm. "Thank you Brelyna, thanks for adventure and the opportunity to get out of College. I, however think I will check out the Inn. I know one or two people from this town and would love to see them. I may catch up with you and your family tomorrow though." She lied with a convincing smile. The Dumner was slightly taken aback but recovered quick enough, "Oh! Okay than, I guess, have fun and I will see you later." The Dunmer half hugged the Altmer and parted ways after they past the large city gates, Brelyna heading for the shadows, Elenwen heading for the large inviting building right in front of her.

Dinner had been lovely, the wine was having a calming effect and the roaring fire was doing it's job of supplying the heat. Elenwen was more than content as she perused over some of the books she had borrowed from the library.

...a young woman nearby commented wistfully to herself, "The sounds of the birds are so beautiful."
    Sheogorath silently agreed with her. Mortals could not make the beautiful and inspired calls of birds. Their voices were wretched and mundane. He could not change the nature of mortals, for that was the purview of other Daedric Princes. However, he could give them tools to make beautiful sounds.
    Sheogorath took hold of the petulant woman and ripped her asunder. From her tendons he made lutes. From her skull and arm bones he made a drum. From her bones he made flutes. He presented these gifts to the mortals, and thus Music was born.

The words were becoming blurry, and as the High Elves eyes began to get droop a scurry of footsteps barely registered. It was only until the book was flung across the room and a young lady with a mane of red hair literally landed on her lap, that Elenwen snapped awake with a startled yelp.

"Oh!" The Redhead spluttered "I'm sorry! Oh Elenwen! I'm so happy to see you!" It still took a second before Elenwen registered what had happened but when it did click, she broke into a smile and hugged the just-as-confused looking Nord. "Wyldfyre!" It's so good to see you, I'm so glad you could meet me here and you are okay!" Elenwen beamed and was about to ask a barrage of questions until she saw the pendant; it was exquisite, yet eerily horrifying, it emanated power and seemed to draw her mind away from her body until their was nothing left in the world but her conscious thoughts and the yellow stone. It was molded to Wyldfyre's skin, thin veins protruding from the contact spot ran out in all directions. The veins themselves did not even seem right as though it was infecting the Nord's very blood.

Elenwen's expression grew somber rather quickly as she took all this in. She put a hand on Wyldfyre's boob shoulder and looked deep into her stunning green eyes, "How- What happened?"

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    Wyldfyre sighed as she slid down to the floor, still clinging onto Elenwen's skirts. The high elf was like a safety blanket to her now and everything else was forgotten for that moment, including her two traveling companions.

"Oh Elenwen" she took in a shuddering breath "I have been such a fool..." and she proceded to tell her friend of that terrible day when she entered the ruined mansion. Elenwen listened on intently until Wyldfyre seemed as though she was finished.

"So can you help me rid myself of this ...thing?" She pleeded with the elf, angrily stabbing at the amulet with a finger.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Once he had helped Wyldfyre push through the heavy gates of the city, Delsin let the woman take the lead. Clearly she was just as anxious to get out of the bitter cold as he was. And the upstanding reputation this city had for racism and ignorance wasn't something that he, and elf for lack of a better word, didn't feel like dealing with. And rightfully so, in his opinion. As soon as they entered the Inn, he could feel the cold stares of eyes all around. On top of that, the harsh tone of the barmaid wasn't welcoming either.

"I guess I would like a few rooms for me and my two travelling companions?" Wyldfyre asked her, unsure. Delsin could tell that she was unaccustomed to this racism, he could see how uncomfortable it had made her. When she was done asking her questions, her face turned red with frustration. A feeling that Delsin couldn't help but sympathize with.

They made there way up the stairs, and as they walked, Delsin could see the disgust shown on the peoples faces. He couldn't help but grin at how quickly their scowls disappeared when Xorguk's large figure followed them. It felt good to silence their loud, judgmental stares.

His eyes changed from the faces of those around them, and followed Wyldfyre, as she collapsed onto an unknowing Altmer woman. Delsin jumped with worry at first, but then grinned when he realized this was the woman that they had come all this way for. The look that Wyldfyre had shown on her face was one that Delsin hadn't seen in the time they had known each other.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts