• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Hale Loneshadow

The night was his friend, the darkness, his ally.

So thought Marquis de Moratus as he awoke from his daytime slumber in the grandeur of what was once known as Castle Volkihar. I rather like that old name...has a sort of ring to it, thought Marquis as he telepathically awoke his companions who also dwelt within the castle.

No sooner had he gathered his friends for their daily intake of blood from the Chalice, then one of his scouts had come sauntering through the heavy oak-steel doorway.

"Master, I come bearing grave news from the land...it seems the old enemies have been awoken, and they are not the only ones now doing battle with us. A large group of mortals calling themselves "Hunters" have risen up against both of our kinds," said Marquis' long time friend, a 713 year old human vampire named Lanset.

Turning to address this news, Marquis walked over to the throne near the end of the dining hall, placing his hands so the tips of his fingers met to form a triangle with his hands.

"Well then, my old friends...it seems that we have a war upon us. To this, I have but three words to say in regards to the actions of our enemies, old and new."

"What is that, my love?" asked his long time lover, and fighting companion, Selena.
    His gaze upon the whole group, Marquis offered a sly smile.

"Let them come."

blue 468

Bormir had been sitting around all day doing nothing he thought of getting something to eat but the recent excitement had made him loose his appetite. He was walking around the border of the camp when he saw a face peering out of the tree line. Bormir crouched quickly hoping to catch the spy.

He slowly walked forward but as he neared the man he stepped on a twig. The man quickly turned and then vanished into the trees. Bormir ran at full sprint to try and catch up, the man was running down a trail so Bormir turned left and circled him. The man stopped to take a breath just when he thought he was safe Bormir jumped out of a bush and tackled him to the ground. The man drew a sword and swung, Bormir quickly ducked pulling a knife from his boot and plunged it into the man's arm making him drop his sword.

The man awoke tied up and gagged his arm was hurting but he noticed it was bound to stop the bleeding, he noticed Bormir crouching in front of him with a bloody dagger in his hand, fear crept into the mans's mind.

"so care to tell me why you were skulking around our camp?" he asked waving his Dagger in front of his face. "If you tell me now I might let you live" Bormir removed the gag from his mouth. when the man didn't answer Bormir stabbed the dagger into the man's thigh making him yell out in pain"how about now" He asked leaving the dagger in his leg

"I'll never tell you anything you monster" He said spitting in Bormir's face. When Bormir pulled out the dagger and thrust it into his other leg he cried out in pain again then in a pleading said "fine! Fine! I'll tell you just please don't kill me. I'm part of the hunter's stationed in the Reach I was sent here to see how many of you there were so we could plan an attack!"

As Bormir stood up the man was almost crying cleaning off his dager he said "I believe you that's why i'll give you a quick death" Bormir took a step forward and sunk the dagger into the man's throat leaving it in, he then started to jog back to camp.

R'alle

young but able
    R'alle rolled around in in his bed. The sun peered through and started to warm his skin. He awoke and stretched. He walked out his tent hungrily hoping for some chow. He scanned the camp noticing people waking up.

He heard rustling in the woods. With his curiosity peaked he walked over to the noise. He released his claws and prepared to attack if necessary. It was Bormir. The wind changed direction and a scent filled the air.
    It was human blood still fresh. His stomach growled and his mouth watering he patted Bormir on the back and started jogging to the scent.

He reached the body and rubbed his hands together. He licked his lips smiling. R'alle squatted and tried pulling the man to the camp. He didn't trust eating in the woods. He pulled the body halfway towards to the camp until he decided to stop. He needed Bormir's help. He ran back to Bormir "Borm I need your help with breakfast. The man is too heavy." R'alle let his tail sway as he looked up at Bormir

blue 468

"sorry R'alle, I need to go report what I found out to your dad. See if someone else will help you." Bormir patted him on the head and walked off to go and find Bran.

R'alle

young but able
    R'alle nodded at Bormir. R'alle went back to the body and dragged it all the way to the camp. He was about halfway to the kitchen when two tall male redguards took the body. They set it in the kitchen and left R'alle alone. R'alle Noticed something in the man's throat.

It was a Dagger with a moon on the Hilt. The Dagger was extremely sharp. He plucked the Dagger from it's fleshy case and set it down. "They won't miss this." He used the dagger to cut the man open straight down the open. He was more neat and particular than the others when it came to food. He reached in the man's gut and pulled out his major organs.

R'alle dug in deeper and found what he was looking for. The ribs were the best part in his opinion. He used all of his might to snap the first one. There was a lot of flesh stuck to the bone. He snapped two more ribs and walked out of the kitchen tent. He walked to the river bank and sat down. He bit down happily and chewed slowly savoring his meal.

He finished 2 ribs and looked back, he saw a group of people in the kitchen tent. R'alle quickly got up and ran to the tent. He squeezed in between people and snagged one last rib. He brought the 2 ribs to his father Bran. He looked like he hadn't slept all night.

He approached his father slowly. "Father I brought you some breakfast . It's human....." R'alle looked to his left and noticed Bormir. "Oh sorry." He set the ribs down on a nearby crate and exited the tent. He climbed his favorite tree and sat in a branch. He closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.

blue 468

Bormir had found Bran in his tent looking over some maps, he stepped forward with a grim look on his face "Bran I have some bad news." He paused unsure on how to precede "Bran I found a hunter spying on our camp he told me that there is a hunter camp in the reach and they are getting ready to launch an attack on us." He paused when he noticed R'alle come in.

Isara12

Oblivion explorer
    Click

It was a very small sound. yet it echoed throughout the building. At the end of a long lonesome hallway, sat a large purple door, where the click originated from

And the door opened

Inside was a very nice room, save for that there were no windows, so it was very dark.

A chandelier lit up with blue flames. and on a large luxurious bed.

And in the bed slept.

And tehg child got up.

She got out of bed.

And she yawned, revealing her sharp fangs

"ive been sleeping for a month..its time I fed

Assassin99

"Send out your best men to take down the camp, don't take on to much odd's if you can't handle it come back here and well secure the camp."

blue 468

Bormir nodded and left the tent and started to think on who he would want to come with him, there were two that he knew he would need Aerin a female Bosmer best he knew with a bow, and Caius an Imperial mage. They've been friends for a very long time, after he rounded everybody up at the entrance to the camp he took a head count. There were six all together including Bormir others were 2 Nords and a Orc. The group left camp early in the morning making it to the camp in half a day, they stopped and made camp and decided to wait till morning.

Bormir woke with a start he was finding it hard to breathe he was coughing uncontrollable, he looked around there was smoke everywhere he grabbed his sword and started to stumble forward. The hunter camp was on fire, he noticed that the two Nords were dead on the floor arrows sticking out of there bodies, Caius was hanging from a tree noose around his neck. He turned around then out of the smoke came a fist and his vision went black.

Hale Loneshadow

The howling and yelping creatures attempting to break into Marquis' beloved Castle were not the normal breed of Lycanthropes: they were the feral, deranged werewolves who had confided too long into the shape of the wolf, that they had become little more than rabid animals.

Nonetheless, they were werewolves.

Marquis led his band of about 300 vampire warriors, and his Inner Circle of about 20 of his closest companions, against the hordes trying to scale and break through Castle Volkihar's outmost battlements.

"BECOME ALIVE, FIGHT FOR YOUR CASTLE, DARK CREATURES!" yelled Marquis vehemently, animating the few dozen gargoyles along the path and first wall.

With screeches direct from Oblivion, the hellish creatures tore through the first few waves of the unprepared Lycans, crushing many, decapitating even more, and bifurcating yet more. The feral werewolves responded eventually to the attack, leaping up and clawing the gargoyles out of the air, bringing them down to the ground to tear their throats out.

Seeing the slaughter on both sides, and that the Lycans were stunned, Marquis led all but fifty of his warriors into the fray.

"Fight together, my family! We fight now to save our beloved home and crush this parasitic enemy!" Marquis exclaimed to all, as they charged faster than any of the wolves could respond to, darting in with brutal effectiveness, slashing and hacking with intense precision. The Lycans could only respond with brute force, but the vampires, fully in the mindset of the war now, could not be halted.

Within a half of an hour, the vampire elite had completely obliterated the large pack of feral Lycans, setting the bodies on fire to prevent any possible healing.

Of course, anyone with half a brain could have seen the scene, and known that no wolves could have survived the reaction of total war.

blue 468

Bormir's eyelids slowly opened he could make out figures in front of him they dragged the orc and pushed him to his knees then with a quick swipe decapitated him. Borimir heard them start talking

"so what should we do with them?" "kill them of course" they paused and one of them said "the Nord, we can take him to castle Volkihar." "Yes, master might like a tasty meal, especially a dog."

They stopped talking when they noticed Bormir was awake, they smiled the tallest one looked over to his left and Bormir noticed Aerin was in the room bound and gagged blood streaked across her face. The Vampire picked her up by her hair and drew a dagger. Bormir rushed to get up but was kicked back down by the other vampire. "Relax dog you'll have your chance but first we're going to drink her dry and your going to watch". Bormir tried to turn but couldn't get that spark that he always felt when he transformed, the Vampire noticed his confusion "Don't even try wolf we gave you a potion that will suppress your savage abilty" He walked foward slowly one step.....two.............three it was like he was walking in slow motion Bormir could see the fear in Aerin's eyes the hopelessness he felt was unbearable....four.....five he was getting closer to her, he couldn't let her die not now....six...Bormir's heart started to race he had to turn.

The vampire grinned he was having a good day a few meals and was about to have another, he might even get rewarded for bringing a wolf to his master, a good day indeed. He approached the elf barring his fangs ready to bite when he noticed his friends shocked face, he turned around to see a 7 foot beast standing in front of him and before he could say a word the wolf swung his massive claws and his blood splattered across the room, his last thought was how stale his own blood tasted in his mouth.

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
    Lyle watched the sky as a crow glided down to him."Sebastian!!" The crow landed on His shoulder and pecked his arm. It had a note tied to his leg. He held the bird in one hand and untied the note with his other. The note was made from rough paper. Lyle squinted Uncle Lyle please help me!!! We were attacked and papa is dead. I'm going to hide in the forest please come... Sebastian flew away as Lyle turned around. He rested his hand on his forehead as a tear went down his cheek. Tobin was his only brother and last one of his family except adriel.

He walked up to his general and patting him on the back. "I'm going to go see what happened at the camp...Send men if you want." Lyle then turned around nodding at Seikrailen. He walked down the hall and out the door. He jumped on the fastest horse and set out for the camp. He rode for 3 days until arriving at the camp.

The place was destroyed and torn apart. He found no bodies. "Damn Wolves." He stepped into the wilderness with his blade drawn. He approached a clearing about 4 hours later. It was a camp. Lyle was about to yell Adriel's name until he saw the flag. There was a paw in the center of it. Wolves. He sheathed his blade and drew his crossbow.

He spotted the Alpha near the biggest tent. He could tell it was the alpha just by the size and how everyone treated him. It was black with red stripes for fur. The wolf looked kinda like the wolf Lyle's great great grandfather had in his mansion. The painting was huge. It depicted a khajiit with black and red fur leading a werewolf army.

He lined up his shot just above the beast's heart. He was about to pull a trigger until a child stepped on the way. He hugged the beast and the Alpha patted the young khajiit's head. "Cub?"

Assassin99

Bran raised his head and smelt a hunter, judging by the smell of silver.
    "Everyone set up defence, the hunters are here!"

R'alle

young but able
    R'alle awoke watched as Borm left the camp with a group of men.He felt confident nothing would happen. He grabbed the tree and slid down. As he landed a tune went across his ears. It was faint but definitely wolf Multiple howls. Most were battle but few were sorrow and regret. He wondered if anyone else heard it. He remembered what his other said "Not many have the senses that you do...You have the blood of an alpha in you."

R'alle took a wiff of the air. Nothing as if they lived inside a lake. He focused on the howling again. It sounded as if it was North near Solitude perhaps Dawnstar. He loved maps and was usually on point with direction. R'alle jogged to his tent and pulled out a map. He pointed his finger to where he was (Wilderness near Whiterun.) and traced all the way to where he heard the echo of howling.

"The North Sea? What's in the North Sea?" R'alle dropped the map and jogged to his father. The man looked tired. R'alle hugged him and looked up at him smiling. The man simply looked stumped like he was thinking of something. He patted R'alle's head. R'alle heard a faint sound. "Cub?" He walked away and searched the camp. Was it adriel? Whatever it was it's human.

R'alle walked along the edge of the forest tracing the noise. He heard his father tell the group to set up defense. R'alle started to walk back until the air changed direction. The scent was directly behind him.
    R'alle couldn't move he was too scared. The scent was almost metallic like. He stood frozen. He opened his mouth......

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
    Lyle didn't hesitate. He covered his hand over the young khajiits mouth and pulled him to the forest. He elbowed the cub on the top of his head. The cub stopped squirming and Lyle picked up speed. He ran his fastest and hardest at least breaking a minor record. He ran for 10 minutes and called his horse.

Lyle never stopped running. His horse was in closing in on him. "ZuZu!!! Hurry!" He leaped on the horse and set the cub on horse's back. He strapped him in and took off. He slapped the horse's chest making him move faster and faster. Lyle wondered how fast a wolf could run. He didn't want to look back.

He dug throug his satchel and pulled out one of Seikralens experiments. It was the same freeze potion he used on the vampire 5 days ago. He dropped it to the side and heard the Crackling of ice and the snapping of plants.

He made it to the road and started towards the base. "I will come back for you Adriel."

Assassin99

"Master, R'alle has been taken by the hunter's!!!" said a new cub.
    "WHAT, I'M GOING AFTER HIM MYSELF, DAMN HUNTERS."
    Letting the beast blood take over, bran picked up the hunter's scent and chased after him.

blue 468

Bormir's head ached the poison the Vampires gave him left him with a huge headache he walked over to Aerin who was still in shock of what happened it pained him to see her like this she had always had nerves of steel. He shook his head and offered her his hand.
    "Let's go, we need to get back to camp and tell Bran what happened." He started to walk but noticed that she was still sitting down he knew he would have to be strong for both of them he walked back to her "Come on we have a lot of ground to cover and no horses" he said smiling and holding out his arm.

Hale Loneshadow

Marquis strode about the wall walk of Castle Volkihar, examining the carnage he and his vampires had wrought amongst the feral werewolves. Varick, one of his majordomos, called out to him from the walkway.

"Master! I have some...grave news. It seems that Varthos and a few of his men slipped out last night while we were doing battle with the Lycans. According to Sindar, she tells me that she overheard Varthos mention something about a group of true Lycans about fifty miles to the southeast. We have...not heard from them for some time, and I fear the worst. Shall I send a patrol out to look for them, Sire?" the vampire captain reported to Marquis.

Closing his eyes, and slowly exhaling in knowing frustration, Marquis replied in his silky voice, "Forget the fool. Varthos was always hotheaded, and killed for the pleasure of killing. We only kill these wolves to defend ourselves. It was not OUR coven who began this...war." Gripping the cold stone until his pale knuckles grew even whiter, Marquis continued.

"Leave it be. Varthos, the stubborn bast*rd, is surely dead. But, send out five groups of eight. The fastest warriors you have. Tell them, to rouse our Children Covens, tell them that their Master requires their undying loyalty in this time of need. Be quick! I will remain here, and shore up our defenses, summon more gargoyals and the like. Be cautious out there, Varick. Remember, the Lycans are not our only enemies now."

The vampire turned away as his trusted captain bowed, and turned to carry out Marquis' wishes. Marquis, on the other hand, mentally shut himself off from all of his other senses, and took a long, deep sniff in the air.

I can smell you, Alpha. I know you are out there...

Drakul

Cold...dark...lifeless..these were the feelings that echod through Fort Coldharbor, named in tribute to the beings who dwelled within and the god that they followed. Deep beneath the swamps of blackmarsh dwelled this ancient fortress of dark lifeless power, sunken into the marsh after centuries of abandonment. However what shown without was only a shadow of what foul magics have been brewing within for uncounted centuries. The halls within were lit with faint torches that were tended to by the lessers of the fort . The faint scraping of bone could be heard as the Grave Tenders worked with the bodies of the deceased, preparing them for resurrection or tearing them into parts to use for larger constructs.

Demos, a fairly young vampire of only 200 years walked down the shadowy corridor to the Ritual chamber, dressed in a fine green outfit tattered lightly with blood around the collar right below his chin but such was a common sight among the vampires in this abode...Demos opens the door lightly, the medium sized room of deep grey stone illuminated by four dimly lit stands around the room, one on each corner. At the back wall stood a large statue of a crouched beast with long curved horns, puddles of crimson staining the feet of the altar to the Daedric prince of enslavement and submission. Before the throne stood a tall form clad in deep black robes, torn and ragged with two extended torn wings darting from the back of the being, figure hunched over a stone slab with a blood filled basin before the altar.

"Lord Crull.....your predictions have come true...the hounds of Hircine have made open attacks across the continent against other covens, and humans have increased their involvement with tracking both our kinds..."

The Vampire lord turns his vile head, black hood covering his left eye as the right gazes back with dark excitement twinkling in the back of it...his voice deep and warped but had the strong argonian accent that was so prevalent with the argonians of blackmarsh.

"You think i do not know this Demos....the war is upon us and now is the time to rise from the shadows...we must meet with the brothers in the north...and the sons of Hircine will howl for death for dareing to challange the children of Coldharbor...as for the humans..they do not know what they have entered. They belive they are hunting monsters but they have stepped into the game of gods..we shall meet them in the field then..but for now i shall travel to skyrim"

Lord Crull waves his hand over the basin of blood, the blurry image of Castle Volkihar showing, fresh from a battle as Crull smirks some, his ivory fangs glistening with fresh blood as he would watch through the artificial eye observing the recent battle and its aftermath. The war has begun, and it was time for a glorious sacrifice to the Lord of Submission...Molag-Bal would have his sacrifice...

UnLonged

True to the Name
    The general just stood, seemingly engrossed in thought.

"Sir?"

Lieutenant Lyle then received a message from a crow courier. He seemed distressed as he read the message, and eventually moved on ahead to the attacked camp.

"I'll go with you, lieutenant. I'll bring some men and set up camp."

He is far more concerned about the fate of the raided camp, he just gave me a nod and went on to venture to the area.

I went back to the alchemy wing and grabbed some of my creations that can combat werewolves, also keeping in mind to stock up on extra silver gear.

This will be an opportune time to test my new creation: Wf-04.
    After grabbing my equipment, I went to the barracks and enlisted a few men to join me. I felt disappointed as only a six hunters were available. I briefed them of the situation and instructed them to meet me at the main gate after they have prepared. I saw Doonkur wandering around as I head on to the stables. "Sir Doonkur! I'm taking some men with me to check on the Whiterun camp, we'll need all the available help we can get, it will be well appreciated if you tag along with us." I left his company in a hurry and went to the stables.

A handful of soldiers were already there, some carrying an aura of confidence, but some carry an aura of fear with them. I tied my gear on the saddle of the first available horse I saw and rode on to Whiterun.

We eventually arrived after days of travelling and set up camp on the empty White River Watch. I instructed two of my men to be stationed atop the watch and act us scouts.

While giving instructions to the hunters on the usage of my creations, I hear one of my men shout something about a rider in the distance.

That must be the lieutenant, he may be not aware of our presence here.

I grabbed our flag and stuck it to the elevated ground, hoping that the lieutenant would notice.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts